• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.o.s gamers 1st super smash bros. Food drive for city harvest 9/12/10 results

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! We wanted to thank everyone that came out today to our food drive tournament. We showed up, we Smashed and we plunked down the food like it was Texas Hold'em. We went in there with a goal of collecting 50 lbs of food and at the end of the Smashdown in B-town, we stomped out of there with 62 lbs of foody goodness! It's without a doubt that the food we collected will find its way to those who absolutely need it, courtesy of City Harvest (www.CityHarvest.org) so thank you all again for showing up and doing your thing.

Additionally, make sure you check out the photo album(SOSGAMERS.ORG), as we have our special "Hungry Man" tryouts gallery from the days event. Let us know who your pick is for best of show!

Once again, thanks to everyone who came out, if you didn't make it, please keep a look out for our next set of events, check out our site at www.SOSGamers.org or keep a look out on our FB page for details.

If you'd like more info about City Harvest, please check them out at www.CityHarvest.org.

THANKS!

ANNNDDD!! If you were curious, below is the breakdown of what we raked in. Interesting eh?

10 cans of Tomato Soup

3 cans of Chicken Noodle Soup

1 can of Sliced Beets

3 cans of Mandarin Oranges

1 can of Garbanzo Beans

2 cans of Tomato Sauce

1 can of Sliced Carrots

1 can of Whole New Potatoes

4 packs of Ramen Noodles (for the college kid in all of us!)

5 boxes of Instant Mashed Potatoes

4 cans of Black Beans

1 can of Pork and Beans

3 cans of Red Kidney Beans

1 can of Dark Red Kidney Beans

3 cans of Corn Niblets

3 cans of Pink Beans

1 can of Beef Pot Roast

8 cans of Albacore Tuna

1 can of Chunk Light Tuna

1 can of Evaporated Milk

2 cans of Vienna Sausages

1 box of Mac & Cheese (College Kid part II)

1 can of Whole Kernel Golden Corn

1 can of Green Beans

1 can of Chick Peas

2 cans of Sweet Peas

1 can of Leaf Spinach (Popeye rolled through DEEP)

2 box of Elbow Pasta

1 can of Dirty Rice Mix (A New Orleans classic it seems!)

1 box of Cream of Wheat (old school!)

1 can of Bamboo Shoots

1 can of Bean Sprouts

1 can of Beef Stew

1 can of Collard Greens

1 jar of Peanut Butter

1 can of Mixed Vegetables

1 can of Refried Beans (Nachos anyone?)

Yeah, we bad, LOL! See ya next time!

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO HERE ARE THE RESULTS:

1: JTAILS ($78.00) :metaknight: :ness:
2: JOHN 12456 ($39.00) :lucario:
3: VvVCHEESE ($13.00) :metaknight: :popo:
4: HELPR :metaknight: :lucas:
5: BONK :popo: :kirby:
5: DARK PCH :peach:
7: SHEEN :falco:
7: PENTA mr. game and watch :ganondorf: :ike:
9: MIKE :kirby:
9: LANCE :metaknight:
9: MECH WARRIOR :dk: :samus:
9: PROJO :toonlink:
13: HIEI :pit:

TOURNAMENT BRACKET:

B0NK

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1: JTAILS ($78.00) - So you set on food this week right??? lol
2: JOHN 12456 ($39.00) - Fun matches, learned a lot, very different playstyle than what I'm used to, doesn't mean it's bad :D, hope we meet in bracket again
3: VvVCHEESE ($13.00) - nice talking to ya, we got to play next time
4: HELPR - **** lucas
5: BONK - step it up, you can do better
5: DARK PCH - we didn't get to play, but impressive peach from what i saw, very technical, just remember to take it slow in your matches sometimes and you'll be set
7: SHEEN - had to remember how to play the match-up correctly xD lol fun matches though
7: PENTA - and here i thought i was playing a g&w main, work on that mk though ;D
9: MIKE - ggz
9: LANCE - keep coming out to events, looking at your bracket you got pretty unfortunate to play 2 people w/ tink experience =/
9: MECH WARRIOR - ggz
9: PROJO - I saw one game of you vs cheese, you'll get him next time just need that jtails mk training
13: HIEI - ggz

Wes - very well ran event, will try to make your next one :D

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I wish more people came out to this but I'm glad it was still a success. Good stuff wes, jtails, and john#s

Zucco

Smash Master
John too good.

Jtails is obviously too good as well.

B0NK

Smash Lord
i don't think kirby should be near my name, just because it didn't help me advance in the bracket. (i wish it did though >_>)

HelpR

Smash Ace
1: JTAILS ($78.00): I dislike you :/ This better not become a trend where I play you in tourneys lol. Next time if we do face off, it'll go different. Maybe.
2: JOHN 12456 ($39.00): Good stuff in our match dude, I wish I had kept fighting to the end but I just kinda stopped trying after a while and started getting stupid habits, but you pulled out the win, so gjob.
3: VvVCHEESE ($13.00): Didnt play you, but it sucks you lost because of a side B.
4: HELPR: Do better >>
5: BONK: Nice matches dude, learn the lucas matchup lol
5: DARK PCH: Nice matches, kinda annoyed that I won using MK, but you have that **** peach going on when you're at your best. I hope to fight you again in a tourney
7: PENTA: Hey penta, nice to see you did well. Maybe next time we can try teaming lol
9: MECH WARRIOR: **** dude, you got mad fit over the summer, good job. I'm still trying but I need some more self control. Keep up that DK though
9: PROJO: :/ sucks you got knocked out so early bro, but I know it happens. You can def do better, just try your best next time
13: HIEI: Nice playing with you, sorry I went MK, but I had learned after a while that I NEED to use MK unless lucas is necessary. Either way, it was fun playing you, and I hope to see you in more tourneys

999th: munoz: fun friendlies, but next time, enter you douche.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Haven't been to a tourney in 2 months,had fun,sucks there weren't enough for teams tho=l.

1: JTAILS ($78.00)- ggs in our MM and team friendlies.Thanks for the advice xD,i know it's something that really holds me back at times lol.
2: JOHN 12456 ($39.00)- fun MM=(,ill beat you one day lol, Five dollars next time!
3: VvVCHEESE ($13.00)- hahahaha lulzy MM.
4: HELPR- ggs in teams, we definetly got better in the end when we started winning. Don't rush in so much and you'll do fine,see D:. And thanks for the pizza.
5: BONK-getting IC's first round :(
have absolute no experience,i got ***** lmao,ggs tho
5: DARK PCH- Random bomb was random lol. Don't be feeling bad tho, you outplayed me, that's all there's to it.Good Games
7: SHEEN- Heloo
7: PENTA- Never give up=(
9: MIKE-heloo
9: LANCE- heloo
9: MECH WARRIOR- Nice talking,like once or twicelol.
9: PROJO- Good games,you've improved so much.

Jtails

Smash Lord
1: JTAILS ($78.00) I'm happy and thankful for my placing :) I can now eat for more time :D
2: JOHN 12456 ($39.00) Good stuff John! I mean you played fine, like i said watch your own replays.
3: VvVCHEESE ($13.00) I mean for "not playing the game" you did well! I've just been fighting IC's like all week.
4: HELPR I was actually more nervous about playing you than anyone, keep playing and work on your consistency. remember APEX!! play like that.
5: BONK I owe you for all that IC practice :p as you make minor adjustments to the play styles here you'll deff start ******.
5: DARK PCH MLG DC practice more with good players, you're good, don't think you're not. you already know your mistakes which most players do not. just fix them!
7: SHEEN good falco, i couldnt kill you!! :p
7: PENTA mr. game and watch yeah fun mms and teams :) lol at you usmashing me 3 times!! I hope the tips helped. and that you put em into practice :D
9: MIKE thanks for coming
9: LANCE good seeing you
9: MECH WARRIOR always a pleasure seeing you :)
9: PROJO Mental clarity is important as you know. thus not letting winner bracket matches affect your performance in losers. something even I still have to keep in mind sometimes. we'll keep playing.
13: HIEI hi

Wes: Thanks for hosting a great event for a great cause. I'm glad we got so many food items, next time it'll hopefully be more! also thanks for being my smash coach :p

Kubuu: Thanks for hosting as well, fun pictures :) I had fun playing melee with you. I'd deff be down to practice.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
5: DARK PCH: Nice matches, kinda annoyed that I won using MK, but you have that **** peach going on when you're at your best. I hope to fight you again in
I don't get it. Why are you annoyed you beat me with meta knight. You wanted to lose to me or something? I'm not too surpised i lose to you. You beat a stupid nervous reck. So you deserved to win. I did not deserve to win at all as usual.

5: DARK PCH- Random bomb was random lol. Don't be feeling bad tho, you outplayed me, that's all there's to it.Good Games
Honestly, I don't think I derserved to beat you. As you heard, it has been a long time since I played G&W. So was not use to the match up. I got lucky and you out of shape since you have not played. You actually should have won the set, not me. I got off easy here.

This tourny was worst than SNES in terms of being nervous. I remember I could not dopools righ away cause I was a nervous reck. So I had everyone do thier pools matches and leave me for last. I thought it would by me some time to relax. When I had to play I was still a reck. I had to play some G&W my first game. My hands were shaking. I SD in about ten secs when the match started cause I could not keep control of myself. Some how I was able to get through it and got 2nd seed in pools, then 13th in a 49 man bracket.

This felt like a flashback. But it lasted from start to finish. Against John game one, I SD within 5 seconds of the match. I could not seriously believe that happened to me. From that point on I could not play anymore. Got three stocked that game then 2 stocked for the lost. I was a nervous reck since my first tourny match. And each one seem to get worst. I had trouble holding my own controller.

I'm actually discourage to go to DC after this one. If this happen at a small tourny, imagine me at DC. I might drop my controller this time from me shaking. I retired after apex, and wanted to return to brawl again in october for DC maybe or if not, come back in November for sure. This tournywas a test since I actually been practiing some stuff since apex. And wanted to see how I was doing so far. But I saw how allthat went, all for nothing. I might actully just stay on retirment for good.

I wanna thank people that still see me as a good player even like this. I have not done anything in tournament since I returned from my 2 month break in december. Just doing horrible in tournys and its depressing. But I let my results do the talking for me. And they show I am not good. Maybe I should seriously give up. Nearly a year and I got no where. And I always keep getting nervous of just play like anoob.

Munoz/cheese- Thanks for trying to keep me calm in maches. But as you can see, I'm just stupid. And yea Munoz, the crazy stuff I do in friendlies, I don't even do in tournaments. You know how people usually **** around in friendlies and play serious in tourny? I feel like I am the other way around. I just can't play when it matters. I feel like a coward.

Jtails- Playing good players don't have much to do with my problem as I explained. It's the fact that I can not relax or play like I do in friendlies. no amount of practice with good players will fix it. I actually should have never won a tourny match here.

Outside from this, I was glad I came to give my donation. That was more important. Kubuu, it was good seeing you and your link in melee is seriously amazing. never seen anything like it. And really inspiring. You make him look high tier.

That's about if interms of shouts or what not. I'm pretty upset how I could have place in the money for a change and did no cause im an idiot.......

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Dark Pch, I think it's all fair to tell you that, even though you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at me, I get VERY angsty and in certain cases, nervous before almost every match I play. What I do, though, is turn that into a feeling of thrill and excitement, which is physically translated into the outgoing disposition everyone knows me for. Obviously you shouldn't go all pseudo-adhd, like me, but at the very least, try to have fun with the game. You should try to win, of course, but never forget that it's just a game, and you and everyone else should enjoy it at that value. If you simply think of Brawl as what it is; a video game, rather than a full out war to trample other people into the dust, or get trampled.

Play for the experience of being able to play; have fun, ya'digg?

(For those who care, matches that don't make me nervous are matches against randoms, people who far outskill me, or grand finals.)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You and me are different. it's not the same. I was having fun in friendlies. And was actually confident I do well. I told Wes this. And it had nothing to do with the tournout of the tourny or who was there. it was cause since apex I been practice some stuff so when I come out or retirement, I would actually be beasting again. And tested it all out when I played. And was doing wonders.

Yet when I sat down for my first tourny match this wierd feeling creeped up on me for no reason. And all went down hill from there till I was taken out. I have no clue what so ever why that happened.

Kole

Smash Lord
Putting this in the character rankings thread. What was the entry fee?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
didnt feel like reading the wall of nonsense

BUT GOOD **** DARK PCH BEATING PENTA

MY HEART IS BROKEN INTO PIECES

AND GOOD ****ING **** JULIAN!! you won my heart <3. sorry i couldnt be there to support u. but in spirit <3

again keep up the good work <33333333333

DA ALL DAIIIIII

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I went only MK. ICs did not advance me at all. Remove them from my name, please.

Proxy, entry was 10 dollars.

1: JTAILS ($78.00) - Good stuff ****** me backwards. God ****.
2: JOHN 12456 ($39.00) - Good set, hate that I didn't force game 5 because of that absurd sideb.
3: VvVCHEESE ($13.00) - Tech errors will always plague me.
5: BONK - Nice to see another IC, but I hate the fact you give people matchup practice.
5: DARK PCH - STAY CALM GOD DAMMIT ITS JUST A GAME
7: PENTA - You, unlike me, are one of the luckiest smashers I know :). GG
9: PROJO - When did you get scary good? That TL had me SWEATING, great job improving, keep at it!

SOS - Great job with this, keep doing events like these (but choose a less annoying location to drive to). I'm so glad you guys are around and doing good things for people.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yea john those ness v lucario and ness v yoshi were really fun matches :)
we were both pretty lax during GF.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I had such an awesome time in the tourny. Drk. Pch, that texture was awesome! Now you need to place your name on her panties! :laugh:

Wes, your Sonic is great. I can't believe I faced ya!

B0NK and Ch33s3, I really wanted to face some IC's. That chaingrabbing is scary!

Sh33n and Hiei, my buds yo! Awesome games!

Those FFA and Team Battles were so fun to watch! Wish more people would've come!!!

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
nice tourney hope to do it again! many good players. lost due to it being my first tourney and being a noob XD i will get better though and hope to continue joining these tournament. BONK, my freind Kaby(Mike) told me to fight you so i can feel how it is to get ***** by an IC's like he did once. hope we get to do a match next time. Sh33n good games wish i could have faced you'r Falco would have been nice to see that. Helpr can't believe i said "OH GOD" out loud that was a mistake, sorry about that i'm usually not like that, but not really a fan of metaknight, however those were good matches hope we can do it again. Dark PCH good matches had some fun, a small word of advice, stop bashing yourself you'r a really good player. you won the matches because you have skills if you didn't you would have been last place like me and not 5th, have a little more confidence. Mike DUDE BUDDY COMPA it was cool entering a tourney with you, sadly we couldn't encounter each other in the tourney like i had hope so, but still had some good freindlies.

Top Bottom