• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

November 13th 2010! Swiftbass/Mattdotzeb present : Hall of gaming 2!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
HALL OF GAMING 2!
Wallingford, Connecticut
November 13th

November 13th will be the second edition of the newly started HALL OF GAMING series. It may be new but it has roots.......

The Hall of gaming is a reincarnation of Digital Mayhem and is co-ran by one of the long time smash community member DMmike who basically helped in the start of the esticle series. Hall of Gaming is in a new location in Wallingford Connecticut(Pretty much near the middle of the state).

New website
http://www.myhallofgaming.com/

Hall of Gaming Facebook

Wallingford, CT
06492​

Schedule:
11AM - Venue opens​

12PM - Sign ups for Teams starts​

1PM - Teams start​

3PM - Sign ups for Singles starts​

4:00PM - Singles starts​

Whenever singles ends - If there is time between this and closing another event will be run. Last time it was LOW TIERS.​

11PM - Venue closes
• Breaks for lunch of course are apparent but depend on size of tourney.
• The schedule is to serve as a general guideline.​

UPDATE ON PAYOUTS:
We are Adding $1 per player to the SINGLES FIRST PLACE!
Pass it out, more players, More money!

Hall of Gaming
203-675-7600

Payouts:
Singles - $10 per entrant
Payouts - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48% / 22% / 14% / 8% / 4% / 4%
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Payouts - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55% / 30% / 15 %
Venue fee - $5​

RULESET:

Modified pound4 ruleset.

SINGLES
Default Stages

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages

Donkey Kong 64
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

DOUBLES
Default Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Donkey Kong 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

stage strike is as follows:
1-2-1-1-1.

Ask about certain technicalities such as rising pound and wallbombing.

Wobbling is banned at the moment (may change)

SETS:

best of 3 except winners, losers, grand finals which will be best of 5. This may be subject to change depending on numbers we pull. If there is a great turnout then sets for cash may be set to best of 5. regardless of the latter we WILL pay out top 5 at every singles tourney.

POOLS:
In the case that there are pools. They are to be standard and adjusted given the turnout. Tie breakers will be broken as follows:

1. head -to- head
2. individual game win loss ratio

QUESTIONS/AM I MISSING SOMETHING? lemme know

PAST TOURNEYS:

SEPT 25th 2010

Singles:
1. SwiftBass (split $52.50)
2. MattDotZeb (split $52.50)
3. Noodles ($21)
4. Awsmsean ($15)
5. Kupo ($9)
5. Mafia ($9)
7. Crazy Cloud
7. Brookman
9. Shadowball
9. Milk Bird
9. Strawhats
9. Joe
13. Zebra
13. Clone King
13. Duo

Doubles:
1. Hi Gil/MattDotZeb + Irish Mafia ($24)
2. Crazy Kupo/Crazy Cloud + Kupo ($16)
3. Swift Prawn/Swiftbass + Prawn
4. Zebras on a Boat/Zebra + Strawhats

$1 Low Tier:
1. Mafia ($6)
2. MattDotZeb
3. Kupo
4. Zebra
5. Strawhats
5. Clone King

(YES MATT RAN LOW TIERS AND I WOULD LOVE TO RUN THEM TOO.)

FAQ's

1)
Q. How far from the highway is the venue?

A. It's very close. Just about a 5-10 minute drive (with no turns) after getting Exit 66 from Route 15 and taking the first left.

2)
Q. Where can I get food?

A. There is a Wendy's, McDonalds, KFC/Taco Bell, Burger King all down the road from the venue. Don't have a car? Don't fret! There is a Subway right at the entrance to the parking lot for the venue.

If you have any questions PM them to SwiftBass or MattDotZeb

S l o X

Smash Champion
ill be here on november 13ht

but yeah, gonna go. zebra needs to give me my controller one of these days. what exactly was modified from the pound 4 ruleset? i cba to think right now.

are there computers with LoL there? would be **** to play on something that runs LoL over 30 fps with good internet.

Banks

Smash Hero
swift could you do me a favor and take my name off the results of the tournament i didn't go to?

it's on the other results thread too

i appreciate the joke, don't want to be continually misrepresented tho

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
swift could you do me a favor and take my name off the results of the tournament i didn't go to?

it's on the other results thread too

i appreciate the joke, don't want to be continually misrepresented tho
done & done

I dun have the account info for the results thread blame matt lol

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
done & done

I dun have the account info for the results thread blame matt lol
lol Neither do I.
I'd have taken it out if I could edit the post myself.

We all know you're good banks. I don't think anyone who actually knows this game will think you legitimately placed 29th ;)

I'll see about getting everyone here from RI, it's far enough away that everyone can plan and save cash.

Also we'll be bringing at least 2-3 setups, that's always cool.

Banks

Smash Hero
We all know you're good banks. I don't think anyone who actually knows this game will think you legitimately placed 29th ;)
rofl i know, i just didn't want it in the first post for this tournament series for the rest of time. the other results thread doesn't really matter anymore

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
exactly. ALL CT better be at this. If you can't make rom do this instead. If you can make rom, use this as practice for your BREAKTHROUGH ON THE TOURNEY MAINSTREAM!!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
****ing crap i'm sooooo happy i have saturdays off now ... i might be able to attend tourmaments again! =]

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
thinking about having a fest at HOG before this but yeah. Trying to be in conjunction with some of the other tourneys in the tristate area.(MA, CT, NY). That way we get nicer turnouts.
Exactly. As long as we give about 2 weeks between all of our tournaments they should each build up enough individual hype for people to go to them all.

kupo15

Smash Hero
thinking about having a fest at HOG before this but yeah. Trying to be in conjunction with some of the other tourneys in the tristate area.(MA, CT, NY). That way we get nicer turnouts.
Oh nice. When will that be and how will we know the details?
So since a fest is at a venue, is it basically just 5$ venue fee for friendlies all day? How does it work?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It'd basically be $5 for playing all day. Probably would run $1 fun tournaments like Items, All Stages, Random Character, etc

Also the venue has a grill. And they use it.
Yeah.

I'm not sure how I feel about amateur bracket, to be honest. From my point of view, it sorta promotes the idea that someone at the mid or lower level could never beat a higher level player. However, I'm not opposed to the idea of being able to play more matches, especially when people like me are still growing and need as much experience as possible.

Plus crews is pretty awesome, but that's just me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well according to the thread, anyone who didn't place top 10 would be placed in a free bracket and the winner would rejoin the top 10 or something to that extent It would be like a round robin bracket or something that is quicker than a normal one.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Just read that thread.

I'll look into it, but I think it will be unlikely.

I'll have to run a "ranking battle" tournament to decide who is classified amateur and who isn't. It would be a single round robin.

Quite literally I'd be ranking the players on their placing in the round robin and anybody outside of top10 or top15 = Amateur.
Ties would be decided by playing them out and the winner places higher, etc.

Gives everybody a chance to play everybody, and with a good amount of setups it's extremely possible.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the amateur bracket?
I feel that it is well suited for large events but not for locals. I think of it as rewarding growth. I mean it gives marthslayer03 something to look forward to in the meantime before their big breakthrough on broadway. If they get that experience of being deep in the bracket and playing for money(even though I disagree with the fact that amateur bracket should have the same buy in as the regular one), I feel that it would be a great motivator and help players get better under tourney settings. We all know that smasher who is MAD good in friendlies but not so good in tourney and i think that amatuer bracket(if not held with the exact same buyin and other incentives that the actual bracket provides) will help players improve under such settings. At the same time I wouldnt do it at locals because Like stated:

I'm not sure how I feel about amateur bracket, to be honest. From my point of view, it sorta promotes the idea that someone at the mid or lower level could never beat a higher level player.
I do agree with this view to an extent. It also plays on why I disagree with having buyins for amateur brackets. If there are lots of them or larger buyins I feel that there would be too much emphasis on them when overall any player CAN beat any player. Everyone has the same tools at their disposal and ideally the game is fair from a logistical stand-point and I think that putting emphasis on amteur brackets too much would in some way suggest that marthslayer03 could never touch hungrybox no matter how hard he tried.("i might as well try to beast this AM bracket because I'll never beat mango") I think its a great novelty at majors since they last much longer.....it gives the "amatuers" something to do other than play a bunch of friendlies and trying to hunt down "pros" to play(We all know how that is sometimes).

Those are just my thoughts. readers digest version:

I dun like them for locals, but for majors sure.

Top Bottom