• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Fox

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yea I've recreated that bad habit of Usmashing when the person is in the high precents >.<

Also ummm yea SHTL is a lot harder than you think. I'm praticing it but I can't seem to do it consistantly as I want to.

So you saying 60:40 Fox or 55:45 Fox?

EDIT: I'll shed my light for the MU if you guys want details. Like what to look out for.

D

Deleted member

I know SHTL is hard, just saying it changes the matchup, cuz fox can play campier more efficiantly, and theres more pressure to approach.
Hmm definately fox's advantage, its hard for me to really tell how much fox wins by because I've only really played TKD (and not even that much) and some fox's every once in a while not at my skill level xD

On paper though and from my experiences, seems like a 60:40 matchup.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I played a decent fox today and I'll have to say, it's not even, but not terrible for us either. It seems like they have an advantage of about 60:40. I couldn't really find reliable set ups for much, other than good reads, and it seemed as if i never actually switched into offense, I was always playing defensively. I actually won it by getting a nair when he had high damage, a ledge GR -> dair, and a Usmash from prediction. Regardless it still seems to be a very difficuly mu

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
...You were playing defensively against a Fox? o.0

:005:
lol i didnt know what to expect, and that's generally how i play yoshi sooo... yes.

And its a good thing the fox wasn't pro or anything >.>

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Yeaahh.. You definitely have to sit and wait for Fox to make a move.
Most of his moves are faster than ours and those lasers really do build up on us. -___-

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeaahh.. You definitely have to sit and wait for Fox to make a move.
Most of his moves are faster than ours and those lasers really do build up on us. -___-
Just be careful cause if the matches were tourney matches I would have camped harder. Make you approach. I think this a fun MU but I see you guys don't like it?

Is this some trend? Now everyone is saying the Fox MU is annoying like ZSS mains are saying that. DDD mains said it. Lucarios said it. Lol we are hated.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I hate this mu and I don't even play any good foxes lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What do you do then, cuz if you feel that way you must be doing something right?

Surrender

Smash Rookie
Ironically I just played my friend who uses Yoshi the other day, while I picked Fox. It seemed kinda hard to beat the Yoshi, even though I tend to win against my friend Kevin. I guess I have a lot to learn.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Just be careful cause if the matches were tourney matches I would have camped harder. Make you approach. I think this a fun MU but I see you guys don't like it?

Is this some trend? Now everyone is saying the Fox MU is annoying like ZSS mains are saying that. DDD mains said it. Lucarios said it. Lol we are hated.
Lol, it's not that I don't like it.
It's just that I don't know it all that well. But, it gets better the more I learn about it. :)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Fox is hated because he has had

drill
lasers
and ridix upsmash

on every character since the dawn of time.

Brawl is harder, though, because you can't reflect him, death combo him, or force him to the edge like you could in the other games. Thankfully the one thing I learned from watching PRiDE was how to edgeguard Fox and Falco, which I think is where Yoshi can take most advantage of Fox. I have patience enough on stage, but after a while it really wears on me; I would prefer to take the fight off the stage and take my chances there.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ohhhhhhhh, that stuff.

Most of it is Falco, but the general ideas apply to Fox as well (aside from having to watch out for stray double jump forward airs from Fox).

I'll try to find some, but you can look at PRiDE's videos versus Falco (I think the better ones are on Smashville) in the meantime. I'll see if I can post some.

Downsmash and neutral air are essential.

Yikarur

Smash Master
this match-up makes me despairing xD
in my opionion Yoshis greatest strange is to survive looooong (I don't die until 170-180% most of the time) but Fox completly negates this point by just upsmashing when you try to attack at high % (Upsmash OoS, Dash Upsmash after shield drop, everything is faster than Yoshis cool down on most attacks)
;_;

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No, it's really, really bad.

Just looking at killing, Fox absolutely ***** us in kill power and ease of killing.

It's hard for us to simply catch him and rack up damage. Let alone land a kill move.

Our only hope is getting early gimps each stock. And that's not incredibly practical.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I secondary pika so....yea. ._.
Sorry doods.

If I were to contribute it would just be me going "Drill iz bad. U-smash kills dood"

D

Deleted member

Why would you cp a place where usmash kills us at 80 ._.

Top Bottom