• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Guide for Zelda Ocarina of time Secrets

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=3716]The Ultimate Guide for Zelda Ocarina of time Secrets[/drupal]

While I was playing Ocarina of Time Yesterday, I learned that there are at leats nine extremely cool tricks in the game. Multiple ones can be used by the same method though. Also, feel free to post your own ideas. I will test them, and if they work, I will put them in here.
Here they are:

#1. Backflips and Sidesteps are your friends. Use a backflip at Death Mountain near the Goron Village. There is a Bomb Flower that you must throw to get into Dodongo's Cavern. Throw it away, get as sharp an angle at the left corner of the fence and backflip over it. Now, you can just grab the Heart Piece sitting right there now as opposed to when you get the Longshot.

#2. In Kakariko, there is a time when to get the second bottle, you must get all the Cuccos into a pen for a lady who owns them, but is allergic to them (um...yeah. Allergic to her own pets). There are two that are extremely annoying to get to. Using a trick, you can get a Heart Piece extraordinarily early, and get the other two cuccos much faster. Climb to the top of the lookout tower and go as far forward as you possibly can. Z-Target, then move all the way to the left. Do a sidestep to the left. You should land on a fence. Walk forward slowly(if you must, use the great spin movement technique), and talk to the guy on the roof. He'll give you a Heart Piece, and the you can just jump down, and the Cuccos are righgt there!

#3. This one is probably the most well known. If you have found the Hylian Shield (Graveyard at night), then it is actually better for shielding than the Deku Shield. When I first got the Hylian Shield, I figured it wouldn't help me because I couldn't lift it. when I pressed R to Shield, I was shocked because all I did was duck. Then an Armos imploded on me, and I was completely unhurt. Hylian Shield is great.

#4. Remember this one well. If you ever want to return to Kokiri Forest to get something you missed, use the Deku Shield. those Deku scrubs, Mad Scrubs, and Business Scrubs Deku Nuts will not reflect when you use the Hylian Shield.

#5. When you want to get somewhere before you have songs like the Bolero of Fire or the Nocturne of Shadow, you should use the Lost Woods. There is an entrance to it from Goron City, Zora's River, and Kokiri Forest. Easily identifiable by the Lost Woods music that starts blaring when you get near. Kokiri Forests entrance is at the North of the Village. Goron Cities entrance is at the level before the bottom. There are four Bomb Flowers by these rocks that you can ignite once you have the Goron Bracelet. Zora's River...well, I'm not going to tell you everything!

#6. Get those upgrades for Deku Weaponry! The bigger bullet bag, Deku Stick, and Deku Nut upgrades are very important. As you'll be using the Deku Nuts a lot in Jabu Jabu's Belly (lol), that upgrade is almost neccessary unless you are a very good sword fighter.

#7. Measure Bosses Health. Although you can't do this wothout actually killing them, it is fun, and I actually will tell you that King Dodongo has six hearts.

#8. Remember how much damage you do. a normal sword strike does 1 damage. a Jump Attack does 2 damage. A Deku Stick attack does 2 damage. A Deku Stick Jump Attack does 3 damage. I'm not going to go to the Master Sword and Giant's Knife/Biggoron's Sword.

#9. Those bosses are easy! When you fight Queen Gohma, just repeatedly press the C Button (or C-Stick Direction) that your Deku Sticks are set to. Don't try Jump Attacks on her, it only slows it down. For King Dodongo, since he only can be hit once before he gets up again, make the hit count. The second that his head goes up when you chuck the bomb in his mouth, get out a Deku Stick. Z-Target and do a Jump Attack. Do this twice, and all six of his hearts will be gone!!

#10. When in the early temples, always find the Fairy Pot. There is always at least one Fairy Pot per Temple. smash it, let the fairy heal you (no bottle yet), and exit the room. Return, grab a fairy in a bottle, and keep doing this until you have all fairies in your bottles.

#11. When you are using Bugs to get Gold Skulltulas, right after releasing them, swipe them again. You will only grab one of them, but the other two may go into the hole. If they dig into the ground, let the bug you grabbed before go, and...wait...now there are three bugs?! Repeat snatched one of them again. Continue until you get what you want.

Top Bottom