• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange gameplay hack request

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
My Smash Melee group of 4 plays an hour at lunch time every day and have for the last 7 years. We didn't like Brawl but there's a few things we'd like to change about Melee to improve our experience, and wondered if it could be possible using a cheat device.

We all prefer 1-on-1 fights, but with our limited lunch hour of play its not fun to just watch and wait while the others play when switching off, so we end up playing teams or FFA's where we pair off all the time, but get annoyed by interference. What we'd like to do is have it so when we choose who to pair off with before the fight, the other two players can't directly interfere (much - obviously camera and ledge hogging would still play a factor).

We were thinking it would be awesome to have a code that messes with the way "Team Damage" works and makes it so we can set it so you can ONLY damage your teammate, and not damage the other team at all. Then each "Team" of two fights between each other without interference from the other "Team", so we are essentially playing two 1-on-1 matches simultaneously on the same stage. After the match is reduced to one "winner" on each team, then it allows them to fight each other (perhaps with a special key combination that swaps the team damage code back to normal temporarily so the match can end - we're fine with manually flipping it on and off when its down to the last two remaining).

Is such a thing even possible for you elite hackers out there?

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Well its in the break room at the office, that's not really a viable option. Plus, it would be difficult to switch off sparring partners when trading TV's, whereas with this method we just change partners when the unified match is over.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
2 TVs, side by side.

Use small tvs!

People at the ends dont move.

People in the middle just switch controllers/change with each other.

People at the ends rotate every other day.

zifn15

Smash Cadet
It seams like some split screen action would be better suited for what your asking. Though what Tichinde925 posted is probably ideal.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Another Method:

Use a TV with PIP / Picture-in-picture

Use 2 Gamecubes/Wiis on one TV.

Fight over who gets to play on the big screen and who plays in the small corner.

Rappster

Smash Ace
We were thinking it would be awesome to have a code that messes with the way "Team Damage" works and makes it so we can set it so you can ONLY damage your teammate, and not damage the other team at all. Then each "Team" of two fights between each other without interference from the other "Team", so we are essentially playing two 1-on-1 matches simultaneously on the same stage. After the match is reduced to one "winner" on each team, then it allows them to fight each other (perhaps with a special key combination that swaps the team damage code back to normal temporarily so the match can end - we're fine with manually flipping it on and off when its down to the last two remaining).

Is such a thing even possible for you elite hackers out there?
What exactly doesn't work about pairing up and putting your opponent on the other team (wit team attack off)

Zodiac

Smash Master
nah dude just take your time and play 1v1's and come up with a rotation so different people play each other every time.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
While i'm with the guys about the 2nd setup, i think the team attack code would be cool too. I'd be pretty neat to watch 2 separate matches occur on the same stage.

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to do? Probably only 2 or 3 lines of AR code.

Pi

Smash Hero
2 people play
2 others play

winners of 2 matches play

losers of two matches play

winners of those two matches play

losers of the two matches play

etc etc etc.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I still think this should be possible with an AR code, and investigating the other methods hasn't worked out well. Again, with only an hour to play, we really don't want to swap people out, having all 4 playing at once is ideal if we could just find a way to not interfere with the other 2 players quite as much.

I know this thread is very old but I thought perhaps I would try one more time to see if anyone can help me set something like this up.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Nice revival. Nobody has been looking into breaking new AR codes since 2004/5, so it almost never happens. But how about having four people play, and just stay away from eachother. That what me and my friends do. Especially if we don't have another cube/TV.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
We've been doing that but some of the players get frustrated when they die from an accidental attack from the other group, so I was trying to find a solution that made it work better.

Its too bad no one bothers with making codes for this game any more. I guess I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do it myself.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Well since this seems a total no-go, here's another one - has anyone ever made any codes to turn off stage hazards like rising lava and falling bricks and wind and shooting ships and stuff like that?

forward

Smash Champion
There should be a code to swap players after every stock. If you have 4 stocks total 2 of them are for your character and 2 are for your teammate, but it's still a one on one fight.

Top Bottom