• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GP Affairs, Ep. 1: "Schwing!" Results

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Thanks a lot to everyone for coming out! I couldn't be happier with how this tournament went--there were no major delays, no parades, everyone was patient with me about fixing the bracket, pools got done quick, and when I gave a break between doubles and singles, everyone came back on time so we could get right back into it. I had an absolute blast.

Also I got 11 hours of sleep :muffin:

But enough of that, on to the results!

Doubles

1. Watch Yo Girl Around Us [Y.b.M. + Infern] ($132)
2. Din's Tire [Jayford + Krystedez] ($66)
3. Team One [Likang + Video] ($22)
4. Most Radical Men in the Radical Land [Crash + Hilt]
5. Be@st and 4bidden [Be@st + 4bidden]
5. The Sovereign of Sneaky [Sovereign + Sneakytako]
7. This One's For The Money [Oreo + Hadesblade]
7. ? [Jekyll + Thomas]
9. You know yo Grandma got that paper that's why I had to shoot her in her mother****in face! [Spin + Squid]
9. Steve Mongol McMichaels and the Nation of Domination [Th3 Composer + LoZ]
9. It's Like Summer Camp... but with Bombs. [Avenger + Zephil]

Singles

1. Krystadez - :wario: ($107)
2. Y.b.M. - :kirby2: / :zerosuitsamus: ($55)
3. Infern - :snake: / :mario2: ($36)
4. Likang - :snake: / :marth: ($22)
5. Be@st - :falco: / :luigi2: ($10)
5. Hilt - :olimar: ($10)
7. Sneakytako - :rob: / :falco:
7. Hadesblade - :yoshi2:
9. King Radical (Crash) - :luigi2: / :metaknight:
9. 4bidden - :fox:
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - :sonic:
9. Zephil - :fox: / :toonlink:
13. Excel - :sonic: / :metaknight:
13. Jayford - :falco: /

13. Video - :gw:
13. Swordplay - :link2:
17. LoZ - :dk2:
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - :olimar:
17. Today - :olimar:
17. Th3 Composer - :samus2: / :kirby2:
17. Jekyll - :marth:
17. Spin - :rob:
17. Steep - :mario2:
17. Sovereign - :zerosuitsamus:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
1. Krystadez - :wario: ($107) - Congrats on winning the tournament. It's pretty much expected of you(from me), at this point. Wish I could've played you, though. I'll be seein' ya soon, anyhow.
2. Y.b.M. - :kirby2: / :zerosuitsamus: ($55) - Good job on 2nd. GK wasn't messin' around. Like I told Infern, party like rockstars for me, and take a shot in my absence.
3. Infern - :snake: / :mario2: ($36) - Mario? Who in the hell did you sandbag to death, to use Mario on? Anywho, good **** on 3rd. Party like rockstars for me.
4. Likang - :snake: / :marth: ($22) - Amazing match against, Infern. It's sad that got KO'd off the side, instead of star KO'd. You did a great job. Keep it up.
5. Be@st - :falco: / :luigi2: ($10) - Good job. TBO came with a strong hand, this tournament. Let's see how long you guys can keep this up.
5. Hilt - :olimar: ($10) - Good games in pools, Hilt. I'm coming closer to taking the whole set off you, but I lose my fire, so fast. It was fun hangin' out, and I hope to chill with you and Louisville before I go.
7. Sneakytako - :rob: / :falco: - Thanks for teaming Tako. Really wish you knew GnW better, but I had fun. Hope to see you again.
7. Hadesblade - :yoshi2: - Dude, our matches were dumb! I'm pretty tired of the Side B's ******** gap, that you walked through twice, and Usmashed me for. Good stuff, though.
9. King Radical (Crash) - :luigi2: / :metaknight: - Al Pacino. Nuff said.
9. 4bidden - :fox: - I'm pretty sure you could've went a little further, but you're placing is consistent. Just learn more MUs and you're well on your way. Good stuff, though.
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - :sonic: - You did great in pools. I'm thoroughly impressed. Next time I'll be sure to take back a set 2-0.
9. Zephil - :fox: / :toonlink: - It was cool getting to meet you. We should definitely play a few friendlies next time.
13. Excel - :sonic: / :metaknight: - I'm proud of you. Any other person just picking up MK, would've lost. You deserved the win, as you practiced hard for it. Next time I'll just come a little harder. Doesn't this make us, even?
13. Jayford - :falco: / :jigglypuff: - Dsmash - Footstool = I <3 U. Being that you're the only Falco I played in bracket, I'm pretty effin' proud.
13. Video - :gw: - You did all right. I'm pretty sure you'll make it further, next tournament. You should tell me what you got in that box, though.
13. Swordplay - :link2: - Link > ZSS on Japes. Idk why I didn't ban that on you. I hate that stage, now. Good stuff, though. Even better stuff in Minus.
17. LoZ - :dk2:- Dsmash - Footstool = I <3 U
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - :olimar: - Dangle me bro!
17. Today - :olimar: - Day! It was good seeing you. I hope you can make it back to IN before I leave, so that we can hang one more time. Apples to Apples was the best. Remember, Denzel Washington is Luscious.
17. Th3 Composer - :samus2: / :kirby2: - Best TO ever. Doubles and Singles were over before 12AM, including the fact that everyone got there like two hours late(or maybe that was just us). Next tournament should be strictly Minus singles and doubles, fo sho.
17. Jekyll - :marth:- Jekyll! So glad to hear you're back in Bloomington. We have to run the gauntlet with double Ganon one time, so get your Ganon back in shape. Great and sexy Ganon dittos later on, that evening.
17. Spin - :rob: - Had a ton of fun riding with you and Hades. Hope you really enjoyed yourself. And thanks for the Pepsi! <3
17. Steep - :mario2: - Good seeing you, again. It's nice to hear you've been practicing and picking up more concepts in the game. Keep it up.
17. Sovereign - :zerosuitsamus: - SMFH. Time use a character that has positive "****-ups" in their coding.

All in all, I had a great time. I got electrocuted by my car trying to find my gear shift nub, that somehow made it to the passenger side seat. Denzel Washington is Luscious, Apples to Apples is awesome, and I want to Ganon ditto Jekyll some more. Next time, I'll 5$ MM anyone in Minus. Now... to wait for the PR update.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
1. Krystadez - Good stuff winning the tournament. Good Luck being scribble in the future.
2. Y.b.M. - Bengals suck. Next time we meet I wan't to run that RC match back. Lol, so much sillyness.
3. Infern - Mario? Forreal? Nice to see you again. Nice to get ***** on the ledge by your MK. Your ike will never beat me, godkai promise.
4. Likang - Who? Where? Good stuff. Surprise of the tournament, where did you come from?
5. Be@st - Good ****. I'm glad to see that my replacement has real skill ;) Rep luigi where you can. No shame in needing secondaries lol. Or new mains.
5. Hilt - You suck.
7. Sneakytako - SNEEEAKY! Spotdodge more!
7. Hadesblade - You suck at brawl-
9. King Radical (Crash) - Pretty rad.
9. 4bidden - Didn't get to play you. Next time though.
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - Nice to see you again. So much sillyness in friendlies.
9. Zephil - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmAP6h_5EoQ lol. Its good!
13. Excel - Keep up that MK!
13. Jayford - Who needs jiggs anyway? Keep up the ken frametraps!
17. LoZ - Whats your ban?
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - Man, I don't even know what to say to you.
17. Today - Good games in pools.
17. Th3 Composer - Hellen Keller.
17. Jekyll -

17. Spin - UPSMASH!?
17. Sovereign - Keep on working bro. I forgot about the ganon games lol. Next time.
To everyone. It's been a blast competing against you. But I'm tired of it. I'll certainly see you at events in the future, and this time I'll be calm and happy and LOUD! Hopefully they'll all be run as well as this one. Maybe I can get katakiri to quit with me! That'd be fun.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1. Krystadez - Good stuff with the win, defending our turf. Wish we had gotten to play, but it happens. We'll have to plan to next time.
2. Y.b.M. - Enjoyed our set, rps over the volume was awesome, lol. Glad you all made it to this.
3. Infern - Good stuff man, enjoyed our set.
4. Likang - Had fun in our friendlies, hopefully we'll be able to play in tourney next time.
5. Be@st - Good stuff, congrats on your win against Hades.
5. Hilt - Not bad.
7. Sneakytako - Enjoyed our set. Rob's a pain lol
7. Hadesblade - You're awesome, lol. Enjoyed sitting around and playing friendlies with you, as well as our money match. Keep coming to tournaments, you're a cool kid.
9. King Radical (Crash) - Enjoyed the trip, doubles as well. Hoping you don't actually quit entering tournaments, but I understand if you do.
9. 4bidden - Good stuff, man. Keep it up.
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - Enjoyed playing you, Sonic on Picto is dumb lol
9. Zephil - Really glad you were able to go with us! Hoping you'll be able to more, when we do. We'll have to plan more smashfests and get together more.
13. Excel - Good stuff, keep getting better, keep working on your mk.
13. Jayford - Our money match was awesome lolol enjoyed our friendlies as well, you're a cool guy
13. Video - Didn't really get to talk to you this time around, we should play next time, though.
13. Swordplay - lol our pool set was great
17. LoZ - Looking forward to hanging out with you again
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - Wish you could've gone with us to Denny's, but we'll drag you along next time. Enjoyed hanging out with you again.
17. Today - Enjoyed our set. I was worried having to play you, haha.
17. Th3 Composer - Well run tournament, you're a great TO. We really need to Co-Host something, I need to get venue searching. Or money saving.
17. Jekyll - Great hanging out with you again, enjoyed our friendlies. You need to come to more tournaments so we can go to Denny's more! :D
17. Spin - Great seeing you again, glad you made it. See you soon I hope!
17. Steep - Enjoyed our friendlies, we'll have to play more next time!
17. Sovereign - Gonna miss you when you leave, we're definitely going to have to do something before you head out.

Zephil

Smash Ace
1. Krystadez - Congratz on winning man, was great to meeting you and play some friendlies. Hope to play again your Wario is awesome!!
2. Y.b.M. - I never talked with you but wow you really look like Will Smith!!
3. Infern - I played with you and I dind't even knew it was you! btw, Ike's sideB shenanigans will not work again :D
4. Likang - nice friendlies after the tourney, I need to practice more marth MU
5. Be@st - I am really sure your Luigi dittos with Crash was staged -___-
5. Hilt - thanks for inviting me man, it was great and I hope to play more time with you and everybody else and I promise to arrive early next time hahaha
7. Sneakytako - never talked or played with you, maybe next time :)
7. Hadesblade - epic yoshi, close matches at the bracket
9. King Radical (Crash) - I still think that if those guys can make music then I can!
9. 4bidden - never played with you but nice to have a fox partner in the venue
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - sweet sonic
9. Zephil - your TL sucks, you accent rules
13. Excel - stop using MK
13. Jayford -you never used Jiggly on our friendlies :mad:
13. Video - great matches at the pools and brackets man
13. Swordplay - I WANT THE REMATCH!! no items, Links only, FINAL DESTINATION!!
17. LoZ - Apples to Apples again when?
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - we need to do more falco challenges, can you upload those crazy ffa we had?
17. Today - I hate G&W ;)
17. Th3 Composer - Samus don't sucks :(
17. Jekyll - nice matches at the pool
17. Spin - a ROB should never plank and stays out of fuel right Spin? xD
17. Steep - we never talk but maybe next time
17. Sovereign - ZSS vs Fox when?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Fun tournament, Jake!
I wish I was more motivated to play, sadly I just had a horrible day and could care less about playing. No doubles was kind of a bummer.
Other than that it was great seeing everyone again, I got to play around which was a good load off, and playing Apples to Apples was just absolutely fantastic! Just being around Inky made my day better. Thank you, guys!! And thank you, Jake!

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
lol crash please get him to quit, whenever we see him at all, ever, no matter what, we should just be like the most rad people ever; by that, i mean the biggest *******s ever lolz.

shout outs tomorrow. Jake is the man!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
1. Krystadez -Congratz. You kept Ohio from taking all of our money! GGs in pools. I'll get your Wario one of these days.

2. Y.b.M. - Good seeing you.

3. Infern - Mr. Sandbag. Feelin that NY fitted.

4. Likang - You Purdue kids are nuts.

5. Be@st - Nasty Luigi. You got that style.

5. Hilt - Hilt placing well as usual.

7. Sneakytako - :metaknight: v :metaknight: haha.

7. Hadesblade - So much for the money...oh well we got this next time.

9. King Radical (Crash) - Excel v Crash 80:20 Crash's favor. Don't quit mayne! We'll miss hearing you should "SHORYUKEN!!" and making people piss themselves.

9. 4bidden - I never want to play you ever again. Period. GGs though. :cool:

9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - I'm gonna tell you now like I told Josh "Don't get used to this."

9. Zephil - Good ish Zeph! I'm glad you showed a great showcase of your skills. You're not to be taken lightly.

13. Excel - SoniKnight! Accidental MKs are pretty funny.

13. Jayford - Jaaaaaaaaaaay! Good talking to you and watching you Shine > Nair me across the stage.

13. Video - We never really talked. Glad you came out though.

13. Swordplay - You're an odd individual. Cool but odd.

17. LoZ - Thanks for the coup. Quesdillas are mah medicine!

17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - :diddy: or :olimar:, doesn't matter as long as you enjoy yourself.

17. Today - Daaaaayciaaaaaaa!! <3

17. Th3 Composer - You're the Top Cat of INKY.

17. Jekyll - That Marth handled me. GGs in PM. I love that game.

17. Spin - Spiiiiiiin. I miss ya bro.

17. Steep - Liking the Mario. Keep it up.

17. Sovereign - The best set ever. I wish we would've saved the matches. You are forever my rival. Gonna miss you mangz.

To everyone else. GGs and I enjoyed myself. Can't wait until Part Deux.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
To those I played an met. (and don't see often)

4. Likang - / ($22) Mad snake man, mad snake
5. Be@st - / ($10) GG's, lol at pools how I got scared into using snake once because I saw you play falco earlier.
5. Hilt - ($10) LMAO pools....
7. Hades Blade -/ DAM son, classic controller yoshi. way to pro for me.
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - WTF why sonic WHY? I have no sonic experience, of course ill pick marth who I haven't played in two years. (your way better than last time keep it up)
9. Zephil - / I accept, but I hate FD for link matches. Especially when fighting toon links. Besides, your TL is too pro for me. (O and Link>TL in real life just sayin, But we should do Deva Chip dubs style next time. LOL)
13. Excel - / Odd encounters yes for some
13. Swordplay - Yo thats me!!!!!
17. Th3 Composer - / I see you all the time but just sayin. **** tourney save me a dubs spot.
17. Jekyll - I also see you more often but WTF play ganon, I'm playin link yo!!!!!!!!!! (seriously though, way to kick *** in PM)
17. Steep - Fun playin with you. Your **** at PM

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
1. Krystedez - :wario:
Oh, !@#$! Bike mains are low tier, what's this !@#$?

2. Y.b.M. - :kirby2: / :zerosuitsamus:
It was great to see you again, I always enjoy my matches against you, you're the one I'm always watching out for in bracket too. You made me SUPER nervous first game of our bracket match. Thanks for the great matches, I know I'll see you again! . . .
pimpin'.

3. Infern - :snake: / :mario2:
God, you need to learn something about out-camping Wario, listen to Be@st, don't listen to me just because you want to beat me, I'm the worst at giving advice on beating campers. And I'm not even one! Good games though, I know you can do better though. (wtf at mario?)

4. Likang - :snake: / :marth:
$$:cool:$$

5. Be@st - :falco: / :luigi2:
$$:cool:$$

5. Hilt - :olimar:
Doubles: You were pretty amazing there man, I can't believe how good you guys made Luigi/Oli look. Crash shouldn't have gone MK that one game and Lylat was an odd stage, lol. Good games, I hope we play sometime for singles again.

7. Sneakytako - :rob: / :falco:
It was nice playing your rob again, it's always fun and very challenging, not enough robs out there. Good seeing ya!

7. Hadesblade - :yoshi2:
I had to root on my fellow Order member, your yoshi's pretty legit, we need to do a full set or MM sometime.

9. King Radical (Crash) - :luigi2: / :metaknight:
QUIT? WAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT'S WALUIGI TIME!

9. 4bidden - :fox:
:cool:

9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - :sonic:
Your sonic's getting super good, you're getting better everytime. I always look forward to seeing ya at these, and our friendlies are always super good and close. Let's meet in bracket sometime, Super Sonic!

9. Zephil - :fox: / :toonlink:
Super good Fox main from super good Panama. Good !@#$ man, it was great meeting you and playing some friendlies. Thanks for your complements! I can't wait to play you again, you're a legit extra fancy aggressive Fox.

13. Excel - :sonic: / :metaknight:
Lovin' the Sonic. Don't sweat the competition so much and you'll be making money like dat Speed soon. Good playing ya.

Ahhhhh Zelda/Wario so refreshing :cool: Doubz was awesomez. $$:cool:$$

13. Video - :gw:
You got dis next time. Don't quit so fast.

13. Swordplay - :link2:
We only talked like once I think. :/ Bwah. Gotta see that Link next time.

17. LoZ - :dk2:
It was great seeing ya again, fun tourney thanks for helping with the brackets with Composer.

17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - :olimar:
RUSTY SHACKLEFORD. WE SHALL MEET AGAIN. (it was fun playing you in pools, great matches, see you again sometime?)

17. Today - :olimar:
Today. Get a reliable partner. Not that low-tier-trash-maining-Rene. You're better than that. You got Olimarz now. :D (no offense Rene, I hope we team again sometime. But you'd better show when we do!)

17. Th3 Composer - :samus2: / :kirby2:
GREAT TOURNAMENT OMG, best little local I been to in a while. Get at me with that Samus sometime in friendlies or something.

17. Jekyll - :marth:
Legit marth. Get at me next tourney again. It was fun playing you. Thanks for giving my Pit that extra-needed experience with the MU, it was super close.

17. Spin - :rob:
Bwah we didn't talk but see ya sometime again.

17. Steep - :mario2:
Legit Mario on the rise right here. Let's see some super mario action next time, you're better than you give yourself credit for. Ggs man.

17. Sovereign - :zerosuitsamus:
Let's see you actually use someone that isn't trigger/whip happy. Don't give me that hyperbolic time chamber bizniz like Y.b.M. (:p), I want to see someone you actually used to play and did well with. Good luck next time Sov, I know you're better than this :)

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
1. Krystadez - Good **** as always. Come to bsu and play sometime.

2. Y.b.M. - that kirby is too good. Your reading is fantastic. Friendlies next tourney plz!

3. Infern - snaaaaaake, same as y.b.m. friendlies next time plz!

4. Likang - never seen or heard of you b4 today, and dam i was impressed! good job

5. Be@st - YOSHI'S ISLAND BETRAYED ME!!!! jksjks that was a good set. next time the stage wont help you ;)

5. Hilt - Rather fight a whole bracket of :metaknight: b4 one ****ing olimar. ggs, we need more friendlies plz!

7. Sneakytako - didnt get to talk to you but you seen like a cool guy. :)

7. Hadesblade - yoshi...... srsly. gg one of the most frustrating MU's i can remember playing in a while lol, c ya next time!

9. King Radical (Crash) - DONT QUIT YOU *****! walk it off, come back strong and play me in ridiculous friendlies!

9. 4bidden - didnt talk to you but good fox man!

9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - :sonic: you done good man, but dont stop now :sonic:

9. Zephil - best accent period....... i still think you were just tkd sandbagging....

13. Excel - It feels good being on top........ wait a second......

13. Jayford - zelda lol. cool seeing you again.

13. Video - we didnt talk at this. fix it next time!

13. Swordplay - lol, whippin out characters you have not played in years. come on, just stay link and you could have won. ggs anyways lol!

17. LoZ - that aint gordo

17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - falco/samus/pit challenge was too good hahahahahhaha

17. Today - DAY, always good seeing you, but we need to actually play next time!

17. Th3 Composer - this was probably one of my favorite tourneys in recent memory. amazing venue in an amazing town ran by an amazing TO. good ****

17. Jekyll - welcome back, now keep coming to stuff :)

17. Spin - good seeing you again, friendlies next time!

17. Steep - You are getting better really fast. probably faster than anyone else. just keep it up and stop playing a terrible character

17. Sovereign - sov sov sov, my reign has only just begun. Im on a mission and il get to the end.... as long as I dont sd in the process XD

Jayford

Smash Lord
1. Krystadez - :wario: ($107): Good stuff in teams and singles. We're winning the next tourney. Zelda / Wario is broken lol.
2. Y.b.M. - :kirby2: / :zerosuitsamus: ($55) GGs in doubles.
3. Infern - :snake: / :mario2: ($36) GGs in doubles.
4. Likang - :snake: / :marth: ($22) Good stuff way to rep Purdue :D.
5. Be@st - :falco: / :luigi2: ($10) Good stuff, I wish I could have seen you and Crash play Luigi dittos lol.
5. Hilt - :olimar: ($10): Fun MM lol. Also, thanks for the Olimar friendlies.
7. Sneakytako - :rob: / :falco: I didn't get to play your rob :(. Next time.
7. Hadesblade - :yoshi2: I want to play your Yoshi next tournament. I have a decent amount of Yoshi experience so I am curious to see how I would do.
9. King Radical (Crash) - :luigi2: / :metaknight: Fun SSF4 games :D. Also don't quit!!!
9. 4bidden - :fox: Distant Planet was super gay looool. If I knew it was that bad I wouldn't have picked it lmao. Good set tho.
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - :sonic: Your Sonic is too good.
9. Zephil - :fox: / :toonlink: Next time I'll play Puff against you in some friendless lol. I normally don't use her outside of bracket or pools so just remind me next time we play.
13. Excel - :sonic: / :metaknight: Project M was too gin lol.
Play Zelda only now :D :D.
13. Video - :gw: Don't quit lol. You're getting really good >.>
13. Swordplay - :link2: Solid Link.
17. LoZ - :dk2: Fun SSF4 matches. My Xbox Live tag is JayfordLOL. We'll have to play sometime.
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - :olimar: Always good seeing you.
17. Today - :olimar: GGs, sorry about doubles =/
17. Th3 Composer - :samus2: / :kirby2: GGs and awesome job running the tournament.
17. Jekyll - :marth: To bad we couldn't play a good game for our bracket match instead of Barwl lol.
17. Spin - :rob: Always good seeing you.
17. Steep - :mario2: You're really really good for it being your 2nd tournament. Keep it up!!
17. Sovereign - :zerosuitsamus: Footstool gimp = </3

GGs everyone it was fun :D

hadesblade

Smash Lord
K before I do shoutouts, I have to say zelda>jigglypuff.

1. Krystadez - ($107) - We really need to get a full serious set in. Somehow I've managed to avoid you in bracket/pools every tournament xD.

2. Y.b.M. - / ($55) - gg's

5. Be@st - / ($10) - gg's

5. Hilt - ($10) - I had a lot of fun playing you in our mm and friendlies xD. You're the only one I've been able to play friendlies with for long periods of time and stay focused in all of them.

7. Sneakytako - lol we placed the same again xD

7. Hadesblade - 7th wtf scrub losing to a weegee >_>

9. King Radical (Crash) - Soooo much hate. lol

9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - gg's in our friendlies. You definitely improved since caleb's tourney.

9. Zephil - gg's. I'm feeling pretty confident in the fox matchup after playing you in pools and bracket xD

13. Excel - double mk needs work. It's k though, we'll get there.

13. Video - gg's

13. Swordplay - gg's xD. I fell into your fsmash so much during our first few friendlies.

17. LoZ - gg's in doubles, was fun hanging out with you at dennys.

17. Today - Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey

17. Th3 Composer - Thanks for hosting, I had a great time. I finally know who you are now lol.

17. Jekyll - Needs more ganon

17. Spin - ggs

17. Steep - ggs

17. Sovereign - ggs. Your side b is still 900 times better than mine even with that hole lol. Thanks for the ride and the housing and everything, and I'm sorry for making you miss church.

Short shoutouts cuz im lazy. <3 everyone.

steep

Smash Lord
My first shout-outs EVER! Here goes:
1. Krystedez - :wario: ($107) - Man your Wario is so sick! I can't wait to see you at the next tourney! Our friendlies are always a blast, even though I always lose. >.<
2. Y.b.M. - :kirby2: / :zerosuitsamus: ($55) - We didn't get to play but congrats on doing so well in the tourney! We'll have to play next time, although kirby seems to **** mario pretty hard.... ha ha
3. Infern - :snake: / :mario2: ($36) - Woah I didn't know you used mario!!! We shoulda played some at this tourney but maybe next time huh? I gotta get some match-up experience against snake, however painful that might be.
4. Likang - :snake: / :marth: ($22) - We didn't get to play at this tourney!! Congrats on placing so well! We should play some friendlies next time!
5. Be@st - :falco: / :luigi2: ($10) - Sick ditto match that you had with crash!!!!! It was really intense!
5. Hilt - :olimar: ($10) - Hey man thanks for giving me some Olimar MU experience. Nice job kicking my butt! Ha Ha We gotta play again whenever I see you next!
7. Sneakytako - :rob: / :falco: - You are one good ROB player man! Thanks for all the awesome advice on fighting against ROB. I look forward to playing you again! (and hopefully NOT getting 3-stocked)
7. Hadesblade - :yoshi2: - GG's dude. Your yoshi is really sick, and I can't wait to fight you again. I will eventually figure out how to win against you. :)
9. King Radical (Crash) - :luigi2: / :metaknight: - We didn't get to play but maybe next time! I need some good mario v weegee matches to learn the MU better.
9. 4bidden - :fox: - Nice job in pools! Whooped me big time! Ha Ha and nice job in our "bracket" match. Even though it didn't count. -.-" We will have to play again next time! Maybe eventually I will get the hang of that fox v mario MU.
9. Joe Roguean (Roguesblade) - :sonic: - Oh man Joe that sonic.... I can't believe I finally beat you once! Thanks for all the tips you could give me and I look forward to playing you a ton more!
9. Zephil - :fox: / :toonlink: - Hey! Sorry we didn't talk/play! Maybe next time! Good ****.
13. Excel - :sonic: / :metaknight: - GG's in pools man! We gotta play again the next time I see you!
13. Jayford - :falco: / - Good **** in doubles with zelda! I was rootin' for you guys to win doubles! Too bad we didn't get to play, but maybe next time!
13. Video - :gw: - GG's in our bracket match. That kirby flood gimp was totally lucky on my part. ;)
13. Swordplay - :link2: - It was fun playing you! That Link was really sick. Can't wait to play you again someday!
17. LoZ - :dk2: - I wish we coulda played! You looked like a really cool guy! I saw those DK dittos ha ha ha.
17. Rusty Shackleford (Squid) - :olimar: - Good **** in pools man! We didn't talk a lot but I can tell you're a really cool guy. I hope to see you again!
17. Today - :olimar: - Really? Four 9's in one match with GnW??? Ha Ha Ha GG's.
17. Th3 Composer - :samus2: / :kirby2: - We didn't get to play! Nice tourney though and I had a blast! We gotta play next time!
17. Jekyll - :marth: - We didn't get to play, but we should sometime because I definitely need some marth experience!
17. Spin - :rob: - We didn't play this time, and Norfair was banned, so there was no fear of the lava killing you twice!! Ha Ha Find me next time and we'll play!
17. Steep - :mario2: - Gotta keep working on that mario! Maybe someday you won't lose your first two bracket matches in a row!
17. Sovereign - :zerosuitsamus: - I still have never played you, but I want to! I will find you and ask for friendlies next time!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Posted the answer in the Ohio PR, but just to give the short version here:
We pretty much got all of doubles recorded but only a set of Y.b.M. v Krys recorded on singles side. I'll be uploading them all the next few days.

There are a few friendlies saved on the wii itself (Steep v 4bidden, not sure what the other one is off the top of my head, can check when I get home from work) that I can upload if it's requested.
If anyone else has matches saved on other wiis and can get those people to send me the replays I'd be happy to record and upload them as well--on the flip side, if you have replays on your wii from the tournament, send them my way and I'll get them up.

www.youtube.com/th3mastercomposer is where they're all gonna be once they get up.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Just a quick bleh thing:

Not that I don't mind as much since I didn't really care too much about this tournament.
But when I had to fight Hilt in tournament, the stage list was totally not on my side. (He was the only one I tried against on both game 1 and 2.)

I had beat him 2nd game on Smashville, and I had absolutely no choice but to ban Jungle Japes because of how janky it is and how much Olimar can take advantage of.

That gave Hilt who has auto wins on stages like Distant Planet and Picto Chat.

That's just my two cents. If I was serious about it it's just annoying on how well Olimar can adapt to all of these stages very well and have so many auto wins just because I have no choice but to ban the jankiest stage of all. While people can just ban RC and now I have just good stages to play on instead of an actual CP. (I just went to Smashville. I had no other places to go.)

Either way, I'm not putting the stages down. It's Jake's tournament and he can do whatever he wants to do. But if I was pretty serious about this tournament I would be just a tad unhappy. Not because the fact I generally don't like Japes, but the fact that there was no way I could have beaten Hilt on those auto win stages. While myself is at a complete disadvantage.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Just a quick bleh thing:

Not that I don't mind as much since I didn't really care too much about this tournament.
But when I had to fight Hilt in tournament, the stage list was totally not on my side. (He was the only one I tried against on both game 1 and 2.)

I had beat him 2nd game on Smashville, and I had absolutely no choice but to ban Jungle Japes because of how janky it is and how much Olimar can take advantage of.

That gave Hilt who has auto wins on stages like Distant Planet and Picto Chat.

That's just my two cents. If I was serious about it it's just annoying on how well Olimar can adapt to all of these stages very well and have so many auto wins just because I have no choice but to ban the jankiest stage of all. While people can just ban RC and now I have just good stages to play on instead of an actual CP. (I just went to Smashville. I had no other places to go.)

Either way, I'm not putting the stages down. It's Jake's tournament and he can do whatever he wants to do. But if I was pretty serious about this tournament I would be just a tad unhappy. Not because the fact I generally don't like Japes, but the fact that there was no way I could have beaten Hilt on those auto win stages. While myself is at a complete disadvantage.
I don't believe that they are auto-win stages. Hilt's REALLY good on Distant Planet, Japes and Picto. Unless someone is really comfy on Japes, off the bat someone is banning Japes against Hilt. You play GW, someone who is good at making use of janky stages. Japes, intrinsically speaking, isn't the most optimal stage for GW, because of his inability to kill at low % with really high ceilings but if it came down to choosing to ban Distant Planet or Japes, I think you'd be better off playing on Japes. You'd have a much harder time on Distant Planet because of Olimar's ability to camp the walkoff. I don't know about GW and Pictochat vs Hilt. I can imagine it's doable, just hard.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Day, Pictochat isn't an autowin stage for me or Olimar. At all. It's a good stage for him, but it's no better than Delfino or Halberd. Distant Planet isn't even an auto-win stage. There are several characters that beat Olimar on it, especially with a ledge grab limit off. You main one of those characters. Halberd is another great stage for Olimar that I can't choose against Game and Watch. Smashville, your counterpick, is one of Olimar's worst stages, and in is the best stage for GW in the matchup if Rainbow Cruise is banned. I would have lost on either of them. Just like you, I didn't have enough bans. But I just dealt with it, it happens. Japes is not as good for Olimar as I act like it is. It's just good for me, and I've succeeded in making people think that it is. Same with Pictochat.

The reason I picked Pictochat was because A) It's not bad in the matchup, and B) I know you hate it. You won game two and I wanted to choose the stage that I would win on. And honestly, I didn't have many other good choices, because there weren't many other stages that I would get a good advantage on against Game and Watch. I've practiced the hell out of Pictochat and that's why it's good for me. Not because of my character.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Also, tourney hosts look into traits of the stage that would make it bad for certain matchups and if it either A.) makes their tourney look overcentralized on certain matchups or B.) They simply want to cater to the region there in based on past stage usage. Maybe even a C.) to test things out.

I dont think that stage legalization takes into account what the stage list does to you personally Day... Glad to know your opinion on it though. Perhaps next time you can go into depth on what makes or breaks the matchup on those stages instead of just saying it's janky for you in particular.

Hilt got the Day matchup down. :cool:

Be@st

Smash Cadet
Day, Pictochat isn't an autowin stage for me or Olimar. At all. It's a good stage for him, but it's no better than Delfino or Halberd. Distant Planet isn't even an auto-win stage. There are several characters that beat Olimar on it, especially with a ledge grab limit off. You main one of those characters. Halberd is another great stage for Olimar that I can't choose against Game and Watch. Smashville, your counterpick, is one of Olimar's worst stages, and in is the best stage for GW in the matchup if Rainbow Cruise is banned. I would have lost on either of them. Just like you, I didn't have enough bans. But I just dealt with it, it happens. Japes is not as good for Olimar as I act like it is. It's just good for me, and I've succeeded in making people think that it is. Same with Pictochat.

The reason I picked Pictochat was because A) It's not bad in the matchup, and B) I know you hate it. You won game two and I wanted to choose the stage that I would win on. And honestly, I didn't have many other good choices, because there weren't many other stages that I would get a good advantage on against Game and Watch. I've practiced the hell out of Pictochat and that's why it's good for me. Not because of my character.
Great Point.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Kyle's peach is so awesome loool.

Anyways, Daycia, I'm so sorry about the partner situation. I know how much you love doubles :(. I hope we can team again soon!!! :)

Top Bottom