• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 M2K and ADHD banned from MLG Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jason lost on purpose to adhd (adhd gave him 300 i think) so that adhd could fight richbrown because jason didnt want to.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I did NOT lose on purpose

I TRIED TO WIN I JUST SUCKED CUZ I HAD A BAD CONTROLLER

ADHD did NOT agree to split, he played me for real, then ***** me

I WANTED to but he did NOT agree to it.

AFTER the tournament was over, he felt bad beacuse I played him with a bad controller, and he was gonna give me 300 dollars. THIS NEVER EVEN HAPPENED YET ( I dont know if it will). You guys have FALSE STORIES

Iliad

Smash Lord
**** MLG. They have no right to ban two players, let alone the TOP players, due to unconfirmed rumours.

When thousands of dollars are on the line, and owed to the parties involved; refusing to pay due to non-admissable evidence is illegal.

And yes, this IS a court room now, as MLG has now potentially committed fraud and theft based on information gained through heresay. If neither Jason or Wyatt get their money, I would highly advise them to take MLG to court.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
**** MLG. They have no right to ban two players, let alone the TOP players, due to unconfirmed rumours.

When thousands of dollars are on the line, and owed to the parties involved; refusing to pay due to non-admissable evidence is illegal.

And yes, this IS a court room now, as MLG has now potentially committed fraud and theft based on information gained through heresay. If neither Jason or Wyatt get their money, I would highly advise them to take MLG to court.
basically this. unless they have just cause and proof that M2K and ADHD are at fault, then they are commiting fraud. MLG must come up with the LEGITIMATE proof that this happened.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

Calm down mlg was no refusing to pay them.

Allied

Smash Master

>he thinks MLG is refusing to pay ADHD or M2k
>He calls players he doesn't know by their first name

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
What is the point of letting people discuss this? At best, people are going to be disseminating false information, at worst, they are going to be instigating a legal battle and/or making M2K/ADHD/all of SWF's case worse. My suggestion:

Make an official SWF statement with comments from M2K and ADHD (that don't make them sound worse, plz). Post it as an announcement. Close all threads about this and threaten with infractions if people try to make threads about it / bring it to other threads.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Nothing good can come from this. If any of the mods care about M2K, ADHD, or SWF in general, you WILL NOT let this be tried in the court of public opinion.

I know you're just trying to inform people, Pierce, but this is going to end badly.

Allied

Smash Master
What is the point of letting people discuss this? At best, people are going to be disseminating false information, at worst, they are going to be instigating a legal battle and/or making M2K/ADHD/all of SWF's case worse. My suggestion:

Make an official SWF statement with comments from M2K and ADHD (that don't make them sound worse, plz). Post it as an announcement. Close all threads about this and threaten with infractions if people try to make threads about it / bring it to other threads.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Nothing good can come from this. If any of the mods care about M2K, ADHD, or SWF in general, you WILL NOT let this be tried in the court of public opinion.

I know you're just trying to inform people, Pierce, but this is going to end badly.
this

10hetypesfancy

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I lol when players think it is a big deal to call people by their NAME.

After all, I call everyone I meet outside the Smash community by name, LOL.

Seriously, names, it's what they are for.

As far as Jason and Wyatt getting their money:

To my unofficial knowledge, this has yet to have been decided.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!

this times 1000

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

this please . god**** man this is gonna go down in flames

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
All I wanna say atm is this.

Chat logs aren't hearsay...

That's like saying that audio or video recordings are hearsay.

A record of an individual's actions or statements is NEVER hearsay, it only becomes hearsay when a third party disseminates it in their own words. A record of any sort obtained by a third party and presented by a third party isn't hearsay.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
OMGF this is insane. lol
WOW
Words can't even describe how suprising this is.

Welp opportunities for new players always needed.
I mean I heard stories but didn't know what was true or not.

If this is true, MLG is dropping smash. They have to maintain a positive reputation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I actually don't like people calling me by my real name.

I just don't like my real name that's really it.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
All I wanna say atm is this.

I IS GAY, LOLOLOL.

Chat logs aren't hearsay...

That's like saying that audio or video recordings are hearsay.

A record of an individual's actions or statements is NEVER hearsay, it only becomes hearsay when a third party disseminates it in their own words. A record of any sort obtained by a third party and presented by a third party isn't hearsay.
chat logs can easily be falsified. as easily as i just simply quoted you. but wait, is my quote exact to yours?

hmm, i might have to take another look...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Well just register under a New Name...M2K could be " The King of Mews" Adhd Could be " Dhda... Food for thought....

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

At this point, I have stopped trying to inform anyone. I have stopped posting on the topic altogether. However, this is pretty big news, posted publicly by MLG themselves. If AlphaZealot or other MLG Staff wants to lock the discussion, that is their prerogative, but the community DOES have the right to express themselves on a public forum. I'm not going to unfairly censor people.

-Ran

Smash Master
I feel the only way I can truly convey a point is through an image I just made...

Seriously. I didn't even go to MLG, and I knew what happened at MLG through all the people that I know on Smashboards. If you're going to be splitting money, or doing anything, don't tell anyone. It makes Smash look bad, and more importantly you have players now that are going to do whatever they can to DQ you if they are aware of what you have done.

Even if you are just doing something such as giving money to a friend, don't tell anyone. Don't blog about it, don't PM it to anyone, and don't tell anyone. Word travels too fast these days.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Well just register under a New Name...M2K could be " The King of Mews" Adhd Could be " Dhda... Food for thought....
one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life from you YBM, joke or not people have faces.

I don't see why they got banned since it was a rumour. I do feel bad cuz I'm sure I've said it in the BBR from what I heard from MLG DC =( Unno if it's my fault but I feel like it is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
chat logs can easily be falsified. as easily as i just simply quoted you. but wait, is my quote exact to yours?

hmm, i might have to take another look...
So can pictures and videos (I could probably make a pretty convincing photo of you stealing from a convenience store if I wanted).

Obviously, there are things that can be done to verify with all 3 (chat logs, pics, and videos) but to a degree it will always come down to the credibility of the provider of the evidence.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
At this point, I have stopped trying to inform anyone. I have stopped posting on the topic altogether. However, this is pretty big news, posted publicly by MLG themselves. If AlphaZealot or other MLG Staff wants to lock the discussion, that is their prerogative, but the community DOES have the right to express themselves on a public forum. I'm not going to unfairly censor people.
It's not unfair censorship. It's called "not ******* over two people by letting 100 misinformed morons post whatever slanderous material they want as if its true." Yes, this is a discussion forum, but this is not a "let's slander two of our players by spreading rumors and lies" forum. By letting people "discuss" this, all that will happen is that:

A ) people are going to make M2K / ADHD seem more like rulebreakers
B ) hundreds of people are going to get the wrong story before they get the right one (as MLG hasn't even posted the full details of the charges yet)
C ) people are going to push either MLG to take legal action against M2k / ADHD, or people are going to push M2K / ADHD to take legal action against MLG
D ) both of the player's reputations are going to be ruined, perhaps permanently
E ) MLG is going to see exactly what kind of community posts about this kind of stuff, and drop us even faster

Please, please explain to me how having a bunch of people with no proven, definitive, verifiable information post about a topic as important, sensitive, and far-reaching like this is a good thing? Yes, people should have the privilege to discuss things (because using SWF is not a right), but not at the expense of potentially doing irreparable harm to the entire community.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life from you YBM, joke or not people have faces.

I don't see why they got banned since it was a rumour. I do feel bad cuz I'm sure I've said it in the BBR from what I heard from MLG DC =( Unno if it's my fault but I feel like it is.
It's not your fault.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
It's not unfair censorship. It's called "not ******* over two people by letting 100 misinformed morons post whatever slanderous material they want as if its true." Yes, this is a discussion forum, but this is not a "let's slander two of our players by spreading rumors and lies" forum. By letting people "discuss" this, all that will happen is that:

A ) people are going to make M2K / ADHD seem more like rulebreakers
B ) hundreds of people are going to get the wrong story before they get the right one (as MLG hasn't even posted the full details of the charges yet)
C ) people are going to push either MLG to take legal action against M2k / ADHD, or people are going to push M2K / ADHD to take legal action against MLG
D ) both of the player's reputations are going to be ruined, perhaps permanently
E ) MLG is going to see exactly what kind of community posts about this kind of stuff, and drop us even faster

Please, please explain to me how having a bunch of people with no proven, definitive, verifiable information post about a topic as important, sensitive, and far-reaching like this is a good thing? Yes, people should have the privilege to discuss things (because using SWF is not a right), but not at the expense of potentially doing irreparable harm to the entire community.
Wow definitely agree with you.

Allied

Smash Master

You know them both, outside of smash

As do i

He doesn't, and MOST other people don't

If you don't know the person at all its just common knowledge to call them by their gamertag

My rule is

If they don't know your real name, why call them by their real name.

hmm DANIEL!!!!!!!!

just an imo tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom