• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
WAIT WTF is this serious? Me and adhd did NOT split before the set at all. HE NEVER EVEN GAVE ME THE MONEY AT ALL, he just PLANS to sometime. The ONLY reason he was going to is because he knows my financial issues at home while he doesn't really need the money. I had a really crappy controller at MLG DC so I had NO confidence in beating ADHD in a 3/5 set or rich brown. I still tried to beat both of them, I was just super handicapped that day and had a mental block because of controller. I'm always like that with controllers. I STILL TRIED TO BEAT THEM BUT I CAN NEVER ****ING BEAT ADHD FOR SOME REASON. I did NOT "let adhd win" AT ALL. HE DIDN'T EVEN AGREE TO IT. AFTER the tournament ended, he said he'd give me some extra money because he FELT BAD. That is the ONLY reason adhd is PLANNING to give me ANY money, because he feels bad for me. Our set was real and I did try my hardest I just SUCKED *** that day. You guys have your story ALL wrong -________-
How the hell does this fall under rule 10? They're not manipulating the bracket... And he didn't forfeit, Wyatt didn't agree to a split, and wanted to give M2k 300 dollars from the goodness of his heart and you bar them both from the event?

Ksizzle was right, this was all hearsay.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ksizzle, and everyone else. Learn to just not respond to xyro's ignorant ways like most of us have here in Texas. Just say what you have to say and leave him be. He's still a good person and hopefully you won't prejudge him in person.

And now that m2k has posted, your point has even further been proven.

Teams anyone? xD

heytallman

CTALL
Ksizzle, and everyone else. Learn to just not respond to xyro's ignorant ways like most of us have here in Texas. Just say what you have to say and leave him be. He's still a good person and hopefully you won't prejudge him in person.
This x a million.

Also LOL ILLMATIC

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I really don't see where M2K and ADHD messed up. I think this is all bull**** to ban 2 of the top players in the world from MLG championships because of some shoddy evidence.

Do what Jerm said and just ignore Xyro. Cool guy in person, but one big dumb*** online.

Alex Strife lost mega points, seriously that **** is ****ed up.

M2K and ADHD better get their money from DC and they better be at Dallas. That's all I gotta say.

I'm out

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
HE NEVER let me win

he NEVER THREW his set

NOTHING in the tourney changed

do u really think i could beat adhd with a bad controller in a 3/5 set? The only time I even like beat him this year was 1 set at Showdown while I was playing super amazing (all last stock anyway). Even anti beat me 4 times in a row in the pro lounge using Diddy after I beat his MK. I just suck *** against Diddy for some reason, esp when I'm using a controller that I JUST got since my main purple one broke not long before the tournament and I never found a good replacement.

YOU HAVE WRONG STORIES.

I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG

ADHD DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG

THERE's NO REASON WE SHOULD BE BANNED YOU HAVE FALSE STORIES

CY

Smash Ace

And now that m2k has posted, your point has even further been proven.

Teams anyone? xD
LMFAO this **** is so funny. I love how everyone not from TX is like WTF XYRO YOU'RE SO ****ING IGNORANT. and everyone from TX is just like same ****, different day. we deal with Xyro constantly.

<3 TX.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Enough.

This has gone on far enough I think. I am not going to lock the thread, because this is a very important thread, and we need to cap this tournament.

I think people should be able to discuss what happened civilly, and considering that MLG themselves posted an article on MLGPro.com, that means this is fair game for discussion unless it gets out of hand.

That being said, the following thread can be used for further discussion:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289983

Please refrain from discussing the situation anymore here at risk of an infraction.

Trela

Smash Lord
It's hard to describe how I feel at the moment, with all of this still going on. All I can really say about this entire situation is that I was an idiot for not seeing the truth.

See you all next week.

Nike.

Smash Hero
LMFAO this **** is so funny. I love how everyone not from TX is like WTF XYRO YOU'RE SO ****ING IGNORANT. and everyone from TX is just like same ****, different day. we deal with Xyro constantly.

<3 TX.
bahahaha my exact thoughts x)

TP

Smash Master
M2K, stop posting here now. The stuff you've said is great, but don't accidentally incriminate yourself. Take it up with them directly, not on this board.

Nike.

Smash Hero
You need 40 posts per page.

OMG pPp. You lose Suspect x)

How many people have signed up since AZ made the list on the front page?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Only 110 so far? Not looking good...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For the Pros its kinda good and bad.

It is bad because our friends can't go and it sucks to see them not be able to flourish in what they tried so hard to accomplish (M2K keeping his #1 seed)

It is good because we have less competition which means (potentially) easier/more money.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
In all the MLGs I have attended I have seen Halo players break the rules of switching players mid-tournament. I have even seen MLG bend the rules themselves last year while allowing Karma's team [he was ejected from the venue for being caught with marijuana in his hotel room among others] replace him with another team mate after the tournament had begun.

Its unfortunate that M2K and ADHD are being penalized for something that seems like 'telephone' as ADHD put it. Hopefully the ban can be lifted since this all seems circumstantial at this point.

[i didn't read hardly any posts in this thread, i just had to get this off my mind]

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I think i have a teammate.

I have to choose between

Nicole and Lee Martin.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Oh my........

Alright, this has been stated before, but so I am 100% clear these guys will be payed every cent from their DC placement, every cent, nothing will be taken and withheld. On top of that MLG had every legal right to withhold it (These guys sign Pro Player contracts stating they can be fined for various misconducts. This certainly qualifies), but choose not to.

MLG had multiple resources during the investigation outright confirming some form of collusion, there has also been posts/blogs/chats from both the players involved confirming at very least money if not an intentionally throwing of the match. I hate to have two top players banned for our National Final. I really really wanted to see the best of the best. However, it is so tremendously disrespectful and outright disgraceful to the community, to the game, to level of competition, and to other players who traveled (especially those affected) to intentionally manipulate the bracket or even do things such as money exchanges that give people the impression it did or could have happened. There is not a professional tournament in the world that would put up with that. M2K alone has made over $10,000 this year during MLGs. These guys owe it to the community, what we are trying to build as a be taken seriously competitive game, to act like professionals. That did not happen, period.

I am not going to release any names of sources, nor copies of the chats (as then these players would know who it was). We are not trying to throw people under the bus here. As I stated aside from multiple people coming forth with evidence or ADHD/M2K told me __________, there has been outright admissions of level of guilt from both players involved.

I also want to comment on this lets cap or smash will most likely be dropped thing. Thats simply not the case. MLG gives so much more out in prizes and spends so much more to put on their events than door registration of 50, 70, or even 200 more people could ever cover. So there will be a lot of factors that go into the decision. All we want is for the smash community to go out of the season on a high note, to show how big and great of a community we have, so that means trying to get the community as hyped as possible and making this the event we cap. Yet some of you continue to act like your about 5 years old.

So with that said lets get back to getting hyped for the event. There is still far and away the most money up for singles in the smash communities history, a lot of top players and what promises to be tremendous matches, an allstar event, all kinds of free stuff (and in most cases booth models to give them to you), an incredible venue, etc.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Update attendance list please.

And agreed, still try to cap ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom