• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Valhalla Smash Tournament Thread. Valhalla resumes October 1st!

SethT

Smash Ace
Oh don't worry, I double checked to make sure I was hearing right! Even asked him if he was sure :3
You won't have to worry about him for awhile yet, knowing little kids, they'll probably give up after like, three weeks.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
haha, so how much does he know? Just the basic controls? Can he airdodge? (you'd be surprised how many people don't know how to airdodge O.O)

zApollo

Smash Ace
You'd be surprised by how many people don't know what to do when an opponent is shielding, and call it cheap.

And don't know how to recover.

zApollo

Smash Ace
So guys, be there at 1pm, sign ups will close at 1.30 with doubles being before singles unlike the previous time. For the sake of time and set ups, Melee will be held after brawl has finished.

EDIT: The time may be earlier at 11am, unconfirmed.

SethT

Smash Ace
Swordsaint, you'd be surprised how much respect you lose for your state everytime you post a dumb comment like that.

Zorsy, I could say the same thing about your mum last night but it still gets us nowhere, capish?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
It should be started a lot earlier than that given the current actual LAN timetable.
Unless the poster is completely wrong, I'd wanna start doubles (first, always first, always), at around 11:30, then Brawl Singles straight after doubles, which shouldn't take that long.

I'm assuming I'll be co-running this one with Apollo unless stated otherwise, but I'm the grumpy arab that'll dq you if you're even 1 milisecond late.

Edit: @ Scott, I'll openly now admit that SA's/Adelaide's smash scene (given what I played at RC) is actually as decent as WA's/Perth's (which both in comparison in the main two states, ain't that great, but dentworthy), Apollo just doesn't use MK interstate lol.
Oh, actually, I think I saw him once, against your Snake.
May have been someone else....

I don't know enough about QLD anymore to comment on their scene.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
We're SA.
Let's not not assume I wanted a favourable comparison, especially given some of my remarks on my own state at meets/tourneys interstate. <3
But it's getting better.
Slowly.......

Eagle

Smash Lord
Okay.. so.. be there at 11 I guess?

I'm pretty bad at melee but I'll probably sign up anyways.

So I guess Apollo is coming then? :)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Not interested in learning melee Fox, really don't like using the higher up characters.

But DK, sure. :D

zApollo

Smash Ace
Ok, an earlier start is actually much better as it means I probably go.

I need to confirm with Wookie first and check whether he will have the tellies then or not, so its still in the air.

EDIT: 11.30 may be too early though, make sign ups then and start doubles a little after 12. And then start singles sign ups at 1pm the earliest incase some dont read the new time update.

Anyway, your welcome to turn up earlier if you want to get friendlies at the such.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
11:30 for sign ups then.
I'll start both signups then.
Doubles will start earlier (just plan to be there by 11:30 and you'll be early enough), but singles will have a wider range.
And Mason if Apollo goes I'm going to have to abandon you, soz.

As for setups, I'll bring one Wii + monitor but it DOES NOT have Brawl or Melee disc as I don't own either games anymore.
So someone bring a disc for that, as well as one that will be provided by the venue and hopefully Apollo.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Ok, an earlier start is actually much better as it means I probably go.

I need to confirm with Wookie first and check whether he will have the tellies then or not, so its still in the air.

EDIT: 11.30 may be too early though, make sign ups then and start doubles a little after 12. And then start singles sign ups at 1pm the earliest incase some dont read the new time update.

Anyway, your welcome to turn up earlier if you want to get friendlies at the such.
TVs are owned by me, and permanently kept in storage at valhalla. they are setup before the event starts, so in theory you can start any time after 11am. As a rule we prefer not to start competitions before midday to give people time to get inside and settle down. Feel free to come down and help setup the console areas if you like.

You may bring your own tvs if you wish. We have plenty of room. From facebook alone there are 8 confirmed, and if this thread is anything to go by at least 10 people will turn up, so ill pay the first and second for the singles.

Any further questions or comments tonight should be either emailed to me at jlassey@hotmail.com or instant messaged via msn at the same. Ill be abed early tonight. (hopefully).

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ok so like 12. >_<
We'll get this sorted eventually, doesn't help that I completely misread the poster and thought the LAN stopped at 3pm (and not 3am, which is the actual case, lawllllllllllllll).
Which is why I was pushing for an early start, so now I'm not fussed. I'll still start sign ups at 11:30 as I said I would, just hold off on the tourneys until after 12 I guess.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but my eyes don't work.

It's why I lose this game sigh.

Edit: Eagle, like anytime a tourney isn't on lol (that's the only time I really care enough to break them up if a TV is needed), trust me there is always plenty of time for them.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
You can also use them after the brawl stuff as we dont run other competitions on them either. we bought the tvs for the smash comps at reloaded. most other comps use the big 60" tvs. Once the smash stuff is done they are free all night until 3am.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
GUGHUUGGHGUGGHHUGHH

RAH RAH AH AH AH!
BLOOD AH, BLOOD AH AH
GUSH-GUSH BLAH GA DA
SICK OF BLOOD NOSES

So I might end up showing with my nose plugged with tissues.
Srs.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Blood and gush in the same post makes me feel uneasy.

Last minute venue check: St Clare Recreation Centre, Woodville. It's off Goodwood Rd just like Colonial Light Church. Woodville not goodwood lol.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
For fark sake.
ffs.
4 fluck snake.
UGH.
Fύck
Fϋck
Fύck
Fùck
Fúck
Fûck
Fück
Srsz, sorry, to like everyone.
I was grumpy, rusty & bloody the entire time.
And super pale.
AND ON ANOTHER PLANET.
MARS.
THAT'S WHY MARS IS RED, BECAUSE OF ME.....
AND
MY
BLOOD

I didn't stay half as long as I wanted to but I couldn't lose anymore blood.
I think I avoided all the pictures being taken so I don't have to look at a pale ****** who's llost 20 tons of blood with a tissue
Ugh get better, myself.

IN THE LAST MONTH....

- Swine Flu
- Flu type B
- Phenomena
- Rhinovirus
- Migraines
- Allergic reaction to antibiotics causing nose bleeds/dry skin/blotches/rashes and god knows what else.

I quit smash until I feel better, so bleeeereeeh.

Results is something like:

1: Apollo - ZSS
2: Gaganova - Snake/Shelda
3: Eagle - DK/Fox
4: Ghost - Olimar/G&W/MK
5: Aces - MK/Olimar
6: Grim - Yoshi/MK/Samus
7: Hybrid - MK

I have nfi about the other 11 or so spots.

If I seemed grumpy, nothing personal.
I mean I am, was and will remain grumpy until I feel better but not at anyone; just in general.
It should be illegal to get as compulsively sick as I do.
I mean sure I'm gay, but I've been tested for AIDS..... and I don't have it.
So I have no excuse.
JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE.....,

U
G
H

SHOUTouts:

Apollo stop winning AND lolroflmao @ you losing that match against Ghost with 7.77 seconds left. I told you 7 is gay.
Eagle stop being so inconsistent you should have beaten me in losers.
Ghost stop being so good with spacing for your age wtf.
Grim ugh I didn't get to stay for Melee.
Hybrid, yes Lucas/Ness are uggggh.
Aces who put you into losers anyway?

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
hhh
h
.....h....
h......
*Dies*

Oh and thanks Wookie, again.
It's growing. <3

Edit: And I have no idea about doubles.
I forgot who came where.

I think we should host a competition where whoever whines most wins.
I'd dominate imo.
Blah blah, dunno why I keep posting.
Bored.
IN A HOSPITAL.

ReyErnesto

Smash Cadet
Yeah $20 on my brother having multiple mental illnesses on top of what he listed. Your posts are hard to read. The bottom line is you lost?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
The bottom line is your face, Gaymond.
Yes I lost. I'm BBAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUD.
Edit: So this enormous african doctor told me I'll need to get my nose plugged "because I took too long to get it seen to".
Stupid biatch, ugh.

Yes I have nfi how my phone has reception let alone Internet in the E.R.
Come visit me, bed 8 (omg if they gave me 7) in the L.Mac hospital.
I'll now play Pokemon/other unfinished games in E.R, for the 3rd time this month.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who came today, we had a great turnout for brawl doubles and singles. There were plenty of set ups this time round, prizes will still be sponsored in future events! However, if I do not set up pot, I will likely implement a feature where once cannot win the 1st prize provided by the Val admins twice in a row.

Still a few things to iron out, but it all went great.

I will post the official results once Wookie provides me the bracket issue, Nova's list is pretty much right anyway.

Shoutouts:

Nova: You looked terrible the whole time, and **** a blocked nose would ruin concentration so bad. I still appreciate that you took the time to come and participate, and please get well soon. Btw your snake needs more consistency during the matches, one point you **** and then fall apart the next. You had plenty of excuses anyway. And metaknight sucks on brinstar against ZSS.

Hybrid: Did you win streetfighter? There was a pretty big crowd there, and the matches I watched you seemed to play very well. Good to see you still attending brawl as well.

Eagle: You need to play the DK/ZSS matchup properly! You should be in complete control onstage as my only real advantage is that beloved d-smash offstage and u-air.

Ghost (and his mate): That IC/Mk match on Delfino with the time out was epic, I thought I had the win but you snatched it just before it ended. Your mk has excellent spacing always.

Grim: I didn't get to play you but I hope Melee went well

Aces: I kept going for you in doubles, it was really entertaining. Btw you disappeared without a trace, and it made me sad. Ever get your phone?

Everyone else, thanks for not having to make me disqualify anyone.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Mad props to everyone!

Shoutouts:
Hybrid:For giving me some of the funnest matches I've ever had in Melee, being my doubles partner (and putting up with my low tier lolzyness), losing against me in Brawl (<3 Norfair), johning about wobbling and complimenting my Fox! :D

Ghost: Giving me someone to talk to about Smash stuff. Also for losing to Aces so I could dominate him.

Aces: For finally getting your phone back, johning about everything, and bringing your cool friends along :D Get Nova or I to teach you Peach!

Gaganova: I'm so sorry, I hope you get well soon!

Apollo: I had to do the tournament brackets on notepad because you set up the Melee singles on the Valhalla website in your profile, I hope you're happy! xD

Exernus: Thanks for providing trivia, commenting, booing (when I wobbled) and cheering during my matches! :D

Eagle: I never got to teach you Melee Donkey Kong! :(
I'll teach you before the tourney next StreetGeek if you are still interested!

There are probably others, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

I've made some revisions to the Melee PR draft, should hopefully be complete after n00bvember (Don't be sick Nova, I need to see who is better out of you, 2SXC and Hybrid!)

Results for Melee was something like:
1. Hybrid
2. Grim Fandango
3. Aces
4. Ghostbone
4. Kid123
4. Exernus

That's all I can remember at the moment, If I had a list of people who entered I could fix that up.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Make me better and I'll go.
atm I have no plans at all to ever leave my house again.
Germphobia. Disgusting people giving me their germs. *Washes hands 20,000 times*. OCD ftw.
Also pretty sure Dave is the best out of us.
I'm bad; I like wavedash failing off the stage.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yesterday was great everyone :D

sooo uhh, Shoutouts:

Apollo: That IC/MK game on Delfino was lulzy, I thought it would end up going to time, 7 seconds off though :D You're ZSS is too good!

Aces: Great matches :D. My Olimar got ***** off the edge XD. You need to learn the G&W Match-up :p
Peach's D-smash is broken D:

Grim: Did I win our temple match? XD. But anyway, great games in melee and brawl! IC's and Shy guys make me rage :@

Eagle: Didn't get to play you in brawl singles, but friendlies were fun. That doubles match on hanenbow was ******** :/, stage should probably be banned.

And for everyone thanks for great games in general, look forward to SG :D

Top Bottom