• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Monster Smash | Ontario, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Videos | November 6th, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Original tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287985

Singles: 33 people entered

$10 Entry fee

1: Holy Nightmare ($180) - :metaknight:
2. Toronto Joe ($85) - :metaknight:
3. Tin Man ($30) - :olimar:/:rob:
4. Raidos ($10) - :snake:
5. Silver Doc ($5) - :diddy:
5. Ambrose ($5) - :popo:/:metaknight:
7. Iliad - :marth:
7. J.L. - :metaknight:
9. Gichan - :wario:
9. SRTM - :diddy:
9. Phiddlesticks - :olimar:
9. M Prime - :snake:/:falco:
13. AvariceX - :ness2:/:pikachu2:
13. Jasuke - :popo:/:metaknight:
13. JMO - :diddy:/:kirby2:
13. Rhyme - :kirby2:
17. Carter - :pikachu2:
17. HrcPoke - :marth:
17. nekonekoXD - :metaknight:
17. Patches - :lucario:
17. Pills - :random:
17. Puffmaster - :jigglypuff:
17. Skyler Silver - :kirby2:/:gw:
17. Zetsu - :random:
25. .exe - :samus2:
25. Coast - :random:
25. Fuddo - :pit:
25. Jabu - :kirby2:
25. Looftwaffles - :marth:
25. Supreme Dirt - :lucario:
25. Zef - :wario:
25. Zero - :zelda:
33. Krow - :random:

Doubles: 12 teams entered

$20 Entry fee (per team)

1. ***** Gobblers ($150 split) (Holy Nightmare + Toronto Joe) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
2. The Wizard of Oz ($65 split) (Silver Doc + Tin Man) - :diddy:/:metaknight: + :olimar:
3. Azn Sensation ($24 split) (Ambrose + J.L.) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
4. Nades + Naners (Raidos + SRTM) - :snake: + :diddy:
5. Free Team (Gichan + Jasuke) - :wario: + :popo:/:metaknight:
5. The Super Smash Bros (M Prime + Rhyme) - :snake: + :kirby2:
7. Mickey & Win Man (Iliad + Phiddlesticks) - :marth:/:falco: + :olimar:
7. Pit of 1000 trials (Fuddo + Supreme Dirt) - :pit: + :lucario:
9. ceXAura (AvariceX + Patches) - :metaknight: + :lucario:
9. Gangstaz (.exe + Zetsu) - :samus2: + :random:
9. Low Tier Gods (HrcPoke + Puffmaster) - :marth: + :jigglypuff:
9. Rush Hour (Skyler Silver + JMO) - :gw: + :diddy:/:kirby2:

Brawl+ Singles: 11 people entered

$?? Entry fee

1: Holy Nightmare ($??) - :rob:
2. Iliad - :falco:/:dk2:
3. Marik - :yoshi:
4. Raidos - :random:
5. Zetsu - :random:
5. Patches - :lucas:/:gw:
7. Jack - :random:
7. .exe - :random:
9. AvariceX - :ness2:
9. Tin Man (Didn't end up playing)
9. Doc (Didn't end up playing)
9. Skyler Silver - :random:
13. Looftwaffles - :random:

- If i put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character IN BRACKETS. Please tell me if I should adjust your characters

- Videos are pending

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I went Lucario, not Ganon, both in singles and teams. Switched to MK during the second set in teams. I think we lost that on game 2 though.

SRTM

Smash Ace
1: Holy Nightmare ($180) - Good stuff as always. Sad to see you leave :(
2. Toronto Joe ($90) - Joe, you are too pro at this game. Teach me your ways.
3. Tin Man ($30) - Impressed at how well you did. :mad: at you bringing me back to this game.
4. Raidos ($10) - Upset of the night. Awesome work. We did p.good in doubles, we'll have to try again another time.
5. Silver Doc ($5) - You're my hero man. I can see progress in your diddy, and that makes me want to get better. Glad you didn't use mk.
5. Ambrose ($5) - Nice seeing you again, we'll have to friendly next time. MK :mad:
7. Iliad - I really choked in our matches, those tippers really messed up my game. Next time... Teach me marth lol
7. J.L. - Our matches were too close, and I can't believe you beat me. Stupid norfair lol. Good job.
9. Gichan - Definitely the most intense matches i've had in a while. You've gotten alot better fuerte bro.
9. SRTM - Not impressed
9. Phiddlesticks - Using olimar? Surprising, but also a good move. Keep it up, and you'll be at tin mans level soon
9. M Prime - Didn't play, friendlies next time.
13. AvariceX - Fun friendlies, your pika's gotten better.
13. Jasuke - Good games man, I hate brawl just as much as you do.
13. JMO - Good games. Your kirby/diddy are beast.
13. Rhyme - Good doubles match.
17. Carter - Nice seeing you again. It's time you unleash the mk.
17. Patches - Fun friendlies, you've gotten ALOT better.
17. Pills - Good games, don't go random.
17. Skyler Silver - GG's. You have to take that kirby to the next level, or learn another character.
25. Fuddo - You can do better than that man.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
I loved this tourney. Also I went pure Game&Watch in doubles and some in singles, and JMO went Kirby/Diddy in doubles.

Tin Man is a beast.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
SRTM, fUddO got seeded against Iliad his first round, and then went up against a Kirby, which he has no idea how to play against.

Also, I learned that Halberd is not a place to fight Snake. Ever.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Eh, I guess it didn't quite click on how to beat Snake until my last stock on my second match, on Norfair. I really, really wish the Wii that was on had been hacked so I could have saved the replay.

Basics

Smash Rookie
Sup, this is Basics/Erik (the SF player who used ROB, and ****ed around with Brawl for a bit). Nice tournament guys, and I'm glad you had the turnout you did, to keep it hype. I do have a question regarding the prize split - in Street Fighter/pretty much all other FGs, the pot split is 70/20/10. The top-heavy pot distribution is to emphasize the fact that winning is all that matters, and second place is like kissing your sister. What's the point in giving fifth place finishers $5? Lol.

Just curious about the rationale behind that one; really great stuff, guys - I'ma keep my eyes on this forum, and show up at the next tournament for **** sure. Shoutouts to Holy, John, and Matt (forget their nicks) for helping me learn a bit more about this game. See you guys next time!

Gichan

Smash Champion
I hope you guys really enjoed thios tourney, I sure as hell did it was full of ****ing hype and I was glad to see a decent turnout. I know we can still get even more people than this I knwo we could. Nex tourney Imma step it up with posters casue I got a hook up for that ****. There are also things we can still improve on though, many of you did not report matches and i always had to fish for you and I need to work on queuing you guys better. I also gotta work on better timing for tournaments but don't worry i'll have it down better for next time, I usually improve each time.

What I loved was you guys were very accepting of discontinuing friendlies for tournament matches and that was a MASSIVE improvement. the friendlies situation was ridiculous in the past. For those who really want to play friendlies make sure to come a little beforehand to play the game so you can get your fix. For the most part the people who did want to friendly were the ones there beforehand. Next time there will be three set-ups off the bat so don't worry.

now for shoutouts.

1: Holy Nightmare - It was reeally fun housing you man and lots of good talks. I know how you feel about quitting but just remember that if you are ever bored on a certain date you know toronto gonna have a hype tourney ready as usual
2. Toronto Joe - What a beast, keep gettign ***** by holy and tin man. Lookin sexy as always and use that condom for the "El Grande" condoms.
3. Tin Man - You impressed me, and obviously others, the most at this tourney. I am glad to see that someone who tried hard to get better actually did get better with reading and AiB. I failed in that aspect but that is why I'm always happy to see it work in others. Also, thanks for the help in all functions fo the tourney that loud voice of yours is ridiculously helpful and your Canadian Tire-at-home helped so much with running **** so smoothly. Thanks for the help opnce again.
4. Raidos - You beast, I knw I can beat you, you're always someone i've wanted to take out but I guess it just wasn't that day. But I'm VERY glad for how you did although i wanna see doc **** for toronto it was still nevertheless impressive for the upset. We should talk more to, you don't seem as shy anymore I bet it's because you get dat 13-yr old asian pussah nowadays.
5. Silver Doc - I reeaaly hope you don't get discouraged please know many still admire your bralw skills and will always be intimidated by having to play you. keep it up for toronto man.
5. Ambrose - Give me my tacos. but seriously I wanted to buy you tacos not win them so next time don't scrub out.
7. Iliad - Da walking hype of the ****ing tourney omg tooo funny. You seem to **** so hard now man always placging 7th and higher since no waahs. It's good to see another improve so much since the dreadful past full of drought for the both of us. Get dat 5th next time.
7. J.L. - You impressed me a ****load. I hope you actually play the game again cause you are in serious lack of MU knowledge. but seeing you do so ridiculously well without even playing this game for the longest time is just a foreboding of what's to come in the next few months.
9. Gichan - Imma beast at hosting
9. SRTM - Yo man, you clearly are better and I hate ****ing playing you cause you're someone I can't beat without luck. Your playstyle is just crazy and you have excellent use of those naners. Keep it up, but now you are vaughan i won't be cheering for you as hard anymore loool.
9. Phiddlesticks - Scrub, get *****. Mah pokemon **** your pokemon in pokemon rumble, be jealous ya heerrdd.
9. M Prime - Good to see a new face and one that ***** to. I only saw your fail falco in doubles but i hear it wreckes **** in singles good sbhit and PLEASE keep it up. Represent dat whitby.
13. AvariceX - you said top 5. Go home and be a family man, wtf man! I was soo hyped for your performance for this tourney but hey at least you are not getting last and losing to people you shouldn't have lost to. this is in some regards a step up to past tournies. But still not good enough, keep going further cause I know you can.
13. Jasuke - Oh man, this guy is tooo good. It's always awesome hanging out with you and those doubles matches were too ****ing fun. Now that you are going to play you are going to **** sooo hard. mother****ing hamilton is where it is at it seems. And yeah we'll keep in touch on msn about future events especially the feb one.
13. JMO - You know what's soo ****ed? Not that many people know how good you are, only a select few so my victory against you means nothing loool. But people will see soon how much of a beast you are. Everyone you played against was impressed by you so PLEASE do not disappear like last time, STICK AROUND MAN! Hope to see you at future oturnies.
13. Rhyme - Man please get a job! LOL i know that sounds soo ridiculously mean but it's just that you ae actually very fun company and you have soo much potential in this game. I really hope you and your bro show up more cause you guys gave this scene some numbers and skill level. Hope to see you at future events. watch out on canada boards!
17. Carter - teh sexy leaves so ****in early. Mr. Disappear god ****. I didn't even get to grab your *** ****! Sucks we didn't talk more but you're always fun to have around so keep coming by even if yopu don't want to enter competition, just come anwyays.
17. HrcPoke - Man didn't talk to you much which sucks. I like to hear from all players but I assume you ****. Come out again and remember to check canada discussion and matchmaking cause ontario just ****s aroun all day on those boards, especially gtan general thread.
17. nekonekoXD - My man, too cool. Tell tin to gtfo you da bess in BlazBlue LOL. Anwyays come out more for events, you said you will so i expect it man. We'll get dat stream up next time.
17. Patches - Thanks for the support for thsi tourney. That hat was too epic. I should have at least played you cause I wanna see how this lucario is doing. you said **** it but maybe there is potential there. Remember that you only played him for a little while. But keep that G&W in your pocket, you enevr know when it will help you. Just like Tin's ROB against Raidos and ambrose.
17. Puffmaster - Smasboards account: Puffmaster. lololol dat nme sis oo beast. I really hipe you stick to jiggz rather than resort to mk or some other character, Jiggz has a lot of gimmicks and decent pokes so don't get discouraged, Please come out to more events or remember about the casuals in your area.
17. Skyler Silver - Yo gtfo with that asian game, god dman how do you **** so har at that. next time i'm going to bring michelle to slap you in tetris attack. Or who knows, she may **** you in that gmae to liol.
17. Zetsu - Yo stop being shy, you're black lol. your ***** is as big as that fro so just socialize more with us man cause I know there's a funny mother****er under all of that shyness. Yo btw keep up that samus to cause there will be a lot of people who will be like "wtf? what do i do against samus?" Lucky for me I had a lot of practice with carter's samus and you simulate his style quite a bit. your falco is **** as akways, it;'s funny how i had to be the one stuck playing you and jmo who are both so underrated.
25. .exe - mother****er fiiiiieeennds money. Get dat money! Keep up the practice yo cause you got the mindset of a beast! I know you'll ****
25. Coast - didn't get to talk to you much either ****. But please don't be discouraged by your placing and just come back with a vengeance. You got this.
25. Fuddo - Smae for you, I might go to some york U casuals someday so by then I'll get to now you better
25. Jabu - **** another new face i didn't talk to much. Everytime i see your name i imagine ike's jab, do you main ike? Remember to look out for our next event, should be dec 4th
25. Looftwaffles - Man you a beast, You always make it out to my tournies man and you're good ocmpany. Please keep coming out and it's time to step it up man, I think you jusg sandbag us all day lol.
25. Supreme Dirt - i thought your balls touched the floor and you had to drag them but you got a dcent package. you know why just decnet? Cause you didn't go ganon. ******* lol. But do what you gotta do to imoprove, no mk please lol.
25. Zef -
25. Zero -
33. Krow -
17. Pills -

the last four get a shoutout all together. You guys seem like a fun *** group and you will fuit in so well with this community. Too bad you guys are all the way in sauga but i hope hat sauga tourney goes down and you guys go. Please do it up you guys are all funny as hell. Zef I look at you the most cause you play wario and I'm the only wario main around. There's also bob saget but he is more of an olimar main. Anwyays keep up the work smash is so fun to play with friends anyways that i know you guys will keeop on coming back.

Best set of the tourney : Raidos vs Tin Man
Biggest upset: Raidos beating doc
Biggest story: Tin Man daayuuummmmm
Look out for next tourney thread date might be Dec 4th and remember to go to Canada discussion. look for gtan general thread in social section.

EDIT: Forgot some peeps.

Marik: Too ****ing good in B+. Now do that in Brawl cause I know you could that Yoshi of yours has too much gmmicks and mindgames.
Basics: WHAT A BEAST! From sf to brawl cause he gonna TAKE that money! To answer your question it is because we are not ONLY about winning, like yeha we want that money but it is to ensure that people do not get discouraged and can at least touch money based on their performance. It was also a tip I read from another really good TO in the smash scene and I honestly think it helps. We do get some more top players because at least they know, or feel, that are guaranteed some cash. I really hope you can practice some brawl and come out to **** us.
Sauga: scrrubbbsssssss

fUddO

Smash Ace
I definitely had a lot of fun. GGs, Skyler, you destroyed me. I really have to learn that Kirby matchup. Iliad, you're too good. Hopefully I never get seeded against you again, lol.

I wish I got more friendlies in and a chance to meet everyone, but those I did play were awesome. Although I do think I'm better than that, lol.

Oh, and everyone get out of York on Fridays. It's tons of fun, and we have pretty much every tutorial room (each with a tv).
Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193843

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
13. AvariceX - :pikachu2:
Should be Pika/Ness. I actually won more games with Ness tbh.

9. AvariceX - :random:
Ness only.

good **** holy tojoe doc etc. Gotta win Dallas now.
lmao wtf were you doing awake to post this and not resting up to win Dallas?

13. AvariceX - you said top 5. Go home and be a family man, wtf man! I was soo hyped for your performance for this tourney but hey at least you are not getting last and losing to people you shouldn't have lost to. this is in some regards a step up to past tournies. But still not good enough, keep going further cause I know you can.
I did? I don't remember but maybe I was drinking. Top 5 next time though just for you. Wait I remember now. Going to Michigan soon for some Anther training then I'll come back and top 5 next time =).

Shoutouts later....except shoutouts right now to Gi's epic typing skills. Wow @ that post =p. When I hit the quote button spell-check like covered my whole screen in red. Too good!

Cyan_

Smash Lord
good stuff hosting, Gi. i'm sure the community really appreciates it

and gj to tin, joe, raidos and of course holy :)

Patches

Smash Master
1. Holy Nightmare ($180) - Good **** as always Holy. Keep up the good work. and we had a fun MM. I'm surprised my Lucario actually brought your MK down to its last stock on game 2. But regardless. GGs and it was fun seeing you.
2. Toronto Joe ($85) - Good **** to you too Joe. It was awesome seeing that Fox in action. Btw. Tinman's a douche. :D
3. Tin Man ($30) - As always Tinaye, good stuff. I'm proud of you. You placed EXTREMELY well. The Olimar of yours is TOO good. And next time sir, we can do our MM.
4. Raidos ($10) - Raidos, you are a ****ing beast. Great placing dude! And extremely fun friendlies too. It was awesome seeing you. Also, next time, I'll stick around and I'll play you in Brawl+ (:
5. Silver Doc ($5) - Fun money match sir. Your diddy is awesome. Next time, I'll take your money though. (:
5. Ambrose ($5) - Good **** in doubles man. Good ****!
7. Iliad - It was awesome seeing you again. And fun matches in Brawl+. That DK of yours is awesome, but I think my GaW can take it. (;
7. J.L. - Good stuff in doubles with Brose
9. Gichan - Gi. I don't even know what to say man. You're awesome. Thank you for hosting such a **** tourney. And it is a shame we didn't play, but next time, for sure. And also, for your first tourney in how long? AMAZING placement. Keep up the good work.
9. SRTM - Man. Fun friendlies. Fun friendlies. You're awesome man. Next time I'm going straight GaW in the bracket. Hopefully I'll see you in a set. (:
9. Phiddlesticks - Nice to see that Bowser still dominating. Good stuff
9. M Prime - Man. You're too good. I had no idea who you were. I underestimated you, and you kicked my Lucario's ***.
13. AvariceX -ceX. You're awesome. Had fun in dubs with you, and had some awesome matches in Brawl+. Love you man, no homo.
13. Jasuke - Your MK is awesome. Keep him up.
13. JMO - Like M Prime. I underestimated you, and you kicked my Lucario's ***. Good stuff sir.
13. Rhyme - It was fun playing you in doubles.
17. Carter - Your pikachu is a beast. It was nice seeing you
17. HrcPoke - You're too good. It sucks you got matches up with Holy in the second round though. ):
17. nekonekoXD - This kid is ****ing awesome. It's too bad you couldn't get the stream up. The bad internet was bad. But you're awesome man. Let's play some SC together.
17. Patches - You're a scrub. Drop that Lucario and only use GaW. You can do better than this. Good **** in Brawl+ though. (:
25. Looftwaffles - It was fun playing you in Brawl+. Sorry our match took so long. :p

Marik: Man. Melee was TOO good. I'mma play it some more and get better. Jiggs all day mang. And next tourney, we'll do our MM.

Edit: @EVERYONE: Add me on MSN. Sharpshot102@hotmail.com

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Good friendlies Rhyme/ .exe!
Crazy fun Pikachu Rhyme.
And .exe, I'll stop messing with you next time we play or I will lose with my Marth XD But GG's none the less.

And Patches, Playing Holy second match was a bit saddening, but seriously, it was Mad fun playing him.

J.L

Smash Ace
GGs everyone i played, I got ***** =S

Good **** to doc, holy, t.o joe, and tinman.

Good fights to srtm, puffmaster, and phiddlesticks. Im really impressed to see how good the community has gotten. There used to be big gap between the top players and the *scrubs*, but now its alot closer and everyone stepped up. I guess im now the scrub which makes me feel kinda weird.. lol

Snake0.0

Smash Rookie
lulz this is mprime u have my main down as falco tin man but i main snake and falco, infact the only time i used falco was against u :p. oh yeah i used him against patches as well, ggs patch

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Something that I'm curious about: I lost both my sets, and placed tied for 25th. Yet Krow placed 33rd. I don't know much about double elimination tournament format, but how did he do worse than losing both of his first sets? Did he enter and then leave or something?

Snake0.0

Smash Rookie
lol this is matt, my nick name is Mprime btw (dont let Snake0.0) fool you i just have to many names but ill be sticking to mprime now. and btw u did good with rob had fun doing friendlies

Patches

Smash Master
Just adding this. If the next Toronto tournament is the first weekend of December, that is absolutely IDEAL for me. Since I'm already planning on going to Toronto that weekend anyways.

PLEASE, make that happen.

K-Rhyme

Smash Rookie
1. Holy - I am sad to see you leave, but I'm assuming everyone is. It's your choice man, you've got your reasons I'll assume so I'll leave ya be. Good luck in the future!
2. Toronto Joe - Omfg if it wasn't for Gi knocking me out in the first match, I would've fought you. The first tourny I went to I had to face you in the pools and back then any Metaknight could whoop me. I know that I would lose, but I really wanted a rematch to see my progress lol
3. Tin Man - I see you freaking everywhere man. I cannot wait until I get into UOIT! Well, I can't say that for sure. I gotta get the marks first lol. Whole reason I took another year of high school. But man, I really am wanting to face your olimar. I saw my brother facing ya, and it makes me wonder how I'd fair. Who knows, I just may take your title of #1 Smash Player at UOIT >: )
5. Silver Doc - Ok, I'm not sure, but I swear I was doing some 2's friendlies with you first thing when the consoles were set up. You actually gave me and my brother some smash prep lol. We hadn't played many matches together. Normally it was him and Googs (or Citrus. A Diddykong up in Montreal. Used to live by us) vs me and our other friend. On the offchance we switched it up.
7. Illiad - Dude, I keep mixing your name up with Inle. When I was facing you in friendlies (I think it was you), I originally thought you were him lol. Course, didn't take me long to realize your not >: ) You didn't take out your main I think, but I should've still been playing more seriously. I was lofting around too much.
13. Rhyme - We had an EPIC match! Seriously, it was perfectly even. We even killed eachother at the same time! It was like we could read eachother's minds O.O
17. Carter - You! YOU! Next tournament, you and me, Pikachu vs Pikachu. I wish I used my Pikachu during the tournament so I could pop him in as my second lol. Wish you didn't have to leave early, I wanted some friendlies
17. HrcPoke - Fun matches man. I was surprised at first hearing it was your first tournament, but you told me you play lots of online matches so it made sense. My first tourny I didn't know ANY match ups. Was my biggest downfall. I could hardly handle a casual MK lol
17. Puffmaster - Oh man, your jigglypuff was just unfair. What did you train that thing to? Level 80? My pikachu was only like 22! Lay off the J-Puff man!
17. SkylerSilver - Was hoping I'd get a rematch with you. I faced you at TinMan's tournament before, a Kirby vs Kirby match. Main reason too lol. I just love facing people who use similiar character's. Hardly find em :)
25. .exe - Dude, we had some f'd up things happen in our friendlies. Your Ike OBLITERATED me that one time. I thought I was about to 3-stock you too that round, but then you killed me, I sandbagged, and that last one was just painful. Glad we got the replay :)
25. Jabu - Ahhh...so good to see other Kirbys. Sorry I couldn't give you any advice. I'm not really sure what I do when I play. All I can say is to use a variety of Kirby's moves, and try other characters as well. Always helpful when you take somebody's neutral B and know the tricks with it

Great tournament! I really loved how much better people have gotten. The few tournaments I have gone too was basically **** or be *****. I hardly had any even matches and I didn't have much fun. That and I always forgot food lol
To those who I can't remember your name, sorry guys. I'm very bad with them. The Pikachu/Lucario team I fought in 2's, you guys were cool. It was like facing both my secondary characters lol. Ok, well, I havn't used Lucario in awhile, but there was a time I won a bracket match with him so ... yeah.
Gotta host more tournaments like this. Things felt well organized and there wasn't a long wait. Well, this was my first time doing 2's, but normally there's also like 2-3 other tournaments going on. I think just sticking to a few is best. Makes it less hectic.

Finally, I'm really impressed on how well me/my brother did (Rhyme/Mprime). We've improved quite a bit. Like, I could tell before the tourny, but I did not expect this big of a difference. We took a game off of Azn Sensation ffs! Although, I did Kirbycide for it >.> still not easy. We regret pulling Falco in there. You guys really hit us hard then. Double MKs are just painful.

ps: For the team Super Smash Bros, mark us down as Kirby/Snake. Thanks!

.decoy

Smash Ace
i wish i was thereee but epic results.

firstly shoutout to christian for being a beast and hosting another effing tourney. too good.

josef - getting it in 2 weekends in a row. that's what i like to see ma duh.

also mad props to tinman - i see you found that oil can.

mike. good ****. but c'mon man. top 3 next time.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The top-heavy pot distribution is to emphasize the fact that winning is all that matters, and second place is like kissing your sister. What's the point in giving fifth place finishers $5? Lol.

Just curious about the rationale behind that one
Simply put; because winning isn't all that matters. If winning were all that mattered we wouldn't have a scene because Holy/Ally have won almost everything since August '08 and have always been so far ahead of the curve that no one would even want to try except maybe like Doc/Ace/Joe, and maybe Tin. So now you've got 5 person tournaments, hope those 5 man tourney pots pay the bills. I agree paying 5th is silly in this small of a tourney though, but 60/30/10 imo is the way to go. Even if you went 70/20/10, 1st would get an extra $40 from what it got this tourney.... big deal? Our scene already died once, paying out lower spots gives incentive for the people who are close to winning but not quite there to keep coming out to keep tourney numbers up.

Two different communities. Different rationales... try explaining to the Starcraft community why single elim is a horrible format :x

Something that I'm curious about: I lost both my sets, and placed tied for 25th. Yet Krow placed 33rd. I don't know much about double elimination tournament format, but how did he do worse than losing both of his first sets? Did he enter and then leave or something?
He was the only one unlucky enough not to get a bye in 1st round loser's. 33rd = 25th pretty much in this case.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
My highlights at this tourney were as follows:

1.) teams vs ambrose and JL, I'm under stage at large % last stock, use my recovery, ambrose gimps me off my recovery, but my barrels killed him.

I DI'd to the side of the stage and recovered on the other side.

2.) teams WFS vs holy and joe, they are both 2 stock mid low percents, tinman at 1 stock 90 and I was at 2 stock high %.

I lost my stock, and tinman stayed alive the entire match while we completely outplayed them and clutched it out. (And of course, they pwned the **** out of us in gfs).

3.) I got JL in a banana lock from like, 120 to 200, pretty sweet :).

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
2. Toronto Joe ($85) - Good job at this tournament, you really stepped it up. Thanks for carrying me in some matches :)

3. Tin Man ($30) - You've been improving, hopefully you'll be able to beat MK soon. You character has the potential to do it.

4. Raidos ($10) - Really nice, that Snake gotten so beast. Keep practicing, I'll try and help you if I manage to get back into wifi again.

5. Silver Doc ($5) - Seeing you pick up your original main makes me want to pick up ROB again. It's just sad we were both forced to use MK because that broken character exist, Don't give up Doc, I'm sure you'll be able to reclaim your first spot on the PR list with Diddy Kong. It's gonna take a lot of work but I know you can do it, I on the other hand will never be able to defeat MK using my original main. It's hopeless.

5. Ambrose ($5) - Nice seeing you again Ambrose, fun friendlies at Gi's house! Come back again and use more MK =)

7. Iliad - Dat Falco LOL, that last match vs Marik was so hype!

7. J.L. - Lol 7th and you stopped playing ages ago, good stuff. If you get those 2010 mk tricks up you should be touching top 5 in no times. Fun friendlies at Gi's.

9. Gichan - Thanks you so much for everything Gi, you're the only reason I was able to reach this tournament so I thank you for everything you've done for me. Great tournament and good job man, you're still consistent even if you feel like you can't get better at the game, at least you're not getting worst either. Alway in the top 10 and you don't play this game anymore.

9. SRTM - That rusty diddy kong is still good :)

9. Phiddlesticks - That switch to Olimar was a good idea, you can definitevely get better playing him. I hope you don't quit like KKong did.

9. M Prime - Ahahaha nice stuff Matt, that Snake has improved a lot keep coming man you got top 10 this time!

13. AvariceX - You've improved too, good stuff. You can still get much better.

13. Jasuke - That MK is legit, I think you could really good if you practiced him more.

13. JMO - Really good player, I was impressed when I played you in friendlies because I didn't hear from you till this tourmament. Come some more, you can do better you just need to get used to the tournament scene.

13. Rhyme - Good stuff, you and your bro been doing better in each tournament, it suck you had to play your brother. Trust me this happen to me all the time, I alway end up fighting Ally and losing to him =(
Fastest way to improve his to have a good sparring partner and if it's your bro it's even better.

17. Carter - Nice seeing you again, you gotta start playing again.

17. HrcPoke - Kinda dumb we had to fight early, I alway feel bad when I gotta play someone new to the scene it's not really fair.

17. Patches - That Lucario impressed me, you should practice that character more. But your G&W is still legit from what I've seen.

17. Skyler Silver - Really sucks about doubles, it's never fun to play a good team early cause you guys could have gotten a better placement.

25. Looftwaffles - Alway fun to see you man :)

Basic - It was nice talking with you man, never seen a SF player play Brawl ahaha. You have potential with ROB ;)

For people I didn't leave a shoutout, it's probably because I'm not familiar with the tags but ggs in friendlies.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
My highlights at this tourney were as follows:

1.) teams vs ambrose and JL, I'm under stage at large % last stock, use my recovery, ambrose gimps me off my recovery, but my barrels killed him.

I DI'd to the side of the stage and recovered on the other side.

2.) teams WFS vs holy and joe, they are both 2 stock mid low percents, tinman at 1 stock 90 and I was at 2 stock high %.

I lost my stock, and tinman stayed alive the entire match while we completely outplayed them and clutched it out. (And of course, they pwned the **** out of us in gfs).

3.) I got JL in a banana lock from like, 120 to 200, pretty sweet :).
Really Doc, almost losing a money match to me wasn't one of your highlights? You said yourself your heart was racing =p

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Nah Holy, those matches were fun, even though I lost =P
I was glad I got to play you.
Maybe next time we'll play again and i'll do a bit better.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm totally thinking that with a few months of practice, I might be at the level where I can make top 10. I'm feeling very confident about that.

And with a few months of practice, fUddO might be able to make up for trash Marth and Meta Knight matchups.

Top Bottom