• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinese Inn Monthly

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Chinese Inn Monthly​
December 11, 2010

Chinese Inn
9449 Airline Hwy.
Baton Rouge, LA
Doors open at 11 a.m. and registration begins
Tournament starts at 12
$5 entry fee

Happy Birthday RjPunch!!!

Louisiana General Brawl Ruleset

-3 stock; 8:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; Best 2/3; All finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!
-Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40
-Bomber's Name Rule: Only 2 name changes per tournament and it has to be done before the brackets are made. If you break this rule, we will give you a really stupid name.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match. But in the situation of both players not caring, random may be chosen if both agree.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Banned

The rest

Side Event Rules:
1. You vote! No vote, then no go, my dude!
2. You need set-ups for what you vote for? Mainly for Melee, if yes, you tell peeps to bring a copy.
3. No change of mind, you want something, you stick to it. Think of it as commitment. I don't want no last minute ****.
4. Participation, make sure u have people willing to do this. Not enough people, then no go my dude.

If you want side events then you will follow these rules. If any of them are not followed, it consumes time and will most likely annoy me to the point in which we won't have one at all. I will only allow 3 choices to vote for so be sure to think about that before you nominate anything. If you vote for something not on the list and the list is less than 3 things, then that counts as a nomination. Also, if you're not going/going to be there, then your vote will not count.

Side-Event:

Doubles will be the side event of this tourney by majority vote.

-The address has been posted and I put in a link to google maps. The restaurant is pinpointed on the map for you. If you aren't familiar with the area, play around with the map, they got google earth views on it too so you can see the surrounding area. Also click on the Chinese Inn if you don't know what the place looks like.

You are responsible for knowing these rules, if you mess up and break them, TOO BAD.

Also it'll be RjPunch's birthday! So have some extra fun, I'll see if I can bring some cake, but it's not guaranteed.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Niiiccceee.

Also, add this to rules:

Bomber's Name Rule: Only 2 name changes per tournament and it has to be done before the brackets are made. If you break this rule, we will give you a really stupid name.

Edit: Here take this picture, it will make the thread more appealing.

and this for advertising.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll be there.

I guess i'll vote doubles since I don't play melee...

Curlz

Smash Lord
****! So I was fully intent on making it to this, but my band got called for a show on that day so now I won't be able to make it. :[

I'm sorry guys. I expect all of you to advertise Tasol for me while I'm not there! :D

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
****! So I was fully intent on making it to this, but my band got called for a show on that day so now I won't be able to make it. :[

I'm sorry guys. I expect all of you to advertise Tasol for me while I'm not there! :D
I honestly don't think I've ever seen you at any CI Monthlies Curlz, lol

Curlz

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think I've ever seen you at any CI Monthlies Curlz, lol
I've been to one. Lol. That was back whenever I played Game and Watch. xD

I'll see if I can make both. If time comes and I can't make both, I'll see if I can come up with an excuse to not go to the show. Lol. I really wanna come to this. I love CI Monthlies!

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
You can always change your vote.
You can, rule 2 just means don't wait till you get to the venue and then just suddenly want to do something else. It's really annoying and it turns people away or atleast the TOs for that matter.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I've been to one. Lol. That was back whenever I played Game and Watch. xD

I'll see if I can make both. If time comes and I can't make both, I'll see if I can come up with an excuse to not go to the show. Lol. I really wanna come to this. I love CI Monthlies!
First time I won a mm.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Hey, forgot to post in here and subscribe.

Doubles, btw.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
As we come closer to the date, we need set ups. The more we have, the more time for doubles or low tier. Also, I need Tio. If not, I will be forced to do this by hand. You don't want me to do this.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I'm going to try to come to this. My cousin's wedding is at 7, so barring any disasters (such as Lee's tire going flat), I may be able to come.

What's gonna be run first: singles or doubles? Or will they be run at the same time?

EDIT: I have to leave probably around 5.

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I canceled my show that I had on this day so I may be able to come to this now. The only thing holding me back is finding a ride. >.<

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
cancel my doubles vote. i cant go. mom's making me study, so while you guys are smashing, ill be "studying"

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You guys greatly underestimate my knowledge. I was helping college students study for finals yesterday. I think I'll do ok.

Curlz

Smash Lord
*still searching for a ride*

I think I may have found a ride, but I may need housing in BR for me and a friend. >.<

Edit:

Yeah, my friend has something to do in Baton Rouge on Friday. I asked if he could bring me to the tournament since its the next day and he said he would only if we can find a place to stay in BR Friday night because he doesn't want to drive to BR and back twice in one weekend. Could someone offer 2 people housing just for friday night?

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
even though my mom would probably rage at the thought. I could try for you. You tried to help me with the ride to gameover.

edit:
sorry but she said only on Saturday.
I could keep trying though.

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Edit:

Ggs every1. BSP is amazing. and ggs curlz and Nitez

Also i forgot a wiimote with a battery pack there.....
>_> any1 get it?

Idk how this double posted. I edited the comment above .

Top Bottom