• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Sounds like a plan. I will be waiting for you Jamaal (not really, but just in case keep looking over your shoulder)

Nah we both agreed no smoking in the house. Since he pays for the garage it was his idea that it be taken there. He is cool with it. Considering I don't like Cigarette and weed smoke and he agreed to the preconditions I would say it works well(And yes if he just smokes in his room it swarms the entire house and even my room is suffocated by the smell :/
Either way you have someone to smoke with most likely when you come down here. Also you can actually do that down here. Because I really don't give a **** as long as its not done inside the house.
I'll come if I can smoke in your house.
I would also like to masturbate on your bed.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Lies.

EX fightstick (and most fightsticks) are low-budget, crappy controllers. The TE sticks are pretty good, tho.
But they're still the same thing, be it a fight/arcade stick.

EX and the TE's are types of sticks @.@

...Sticks...

God damnit.

I'll come if I can smoke in your house.
I would also like to masturbate on your bed.
inbeforetimrages

Roblin

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I definately still want your fight stick. Zajice is not allowed to have it because I am a noob and I deserve it more. Also, Moblin needs to stop telling me what to say. He is trying to change what my post is saying right now. I believe in free speech.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Zajice doesn't need it because Zaj doesn't actually play the game. Simple as that.

Vote time! Should I change the thread title to:

"Colorado Smash Scene Has Paternity Test Samples From M2K"

or

"CSS Can Clone M2k (feat. J Grave)"

or

"CSS - We Really Need To Stop Joking About M2k Pleasuring Himself to Handsome Tim"

I will also accept write-ins.

=====

Ohandbees, that sounds like a decent arrangement. Cool stuff. :D

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Definitely the third one. Also zajice actually started playing BB lately. He mains Lambda now. But that still doesn't mean he gets the Stick. Roblin needs the stick. Zajice already has a fightpad, but she's still trying to do combos with a 360 controller.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, don't give it to the person who has been playing BB since it's release and has taken the time to learn the game. what a bad idea.

Also Zajice never uses the 360 controller for BB.
i do though, and i've had my stick for a little more than a month.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sup.

I feel like you're secretly insulting me when you post those lines.
i don't know why.

also, that post came out *******-ish but i'm not trying to offend roblin or anything.
sorry if you/moblin took it that way.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
In further news I <3 New Mexico(Come to Pueblo and play Brawl with me!) That or get your scene interested in Brawl again(Tell them its as fun as Lol) lol Then I will hop a bus down there so me and Dekar can have hot MonkeyxRobot Secks with lots of bananas and gyros(Goyf and JT! can watch and Nolan can record) Plus I need to win my $5 back from Dekar eventually. XD Also I need more ICs exp and MK is always good(Can never get enough MK exp)
I told you you guys should just adopt me :(

I want to go down to a CO tourney still lol, but no one who plays Brawl in NM has a car, and I'm broke during christmas season. And our scene is too small, you named 4 of the 5 people that play brawl in NM anymore.

If this Zournament thingy is in like January, I might be able to go.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stick is still > pad

Roblin let's share it! I'll take the stick part, and you can have the buttons.

<3 u 2 Dylan

Edit:
Also, the only reason I stopped playing BB for so long was because I didn't like Tao's playstyle anymore and Makoto was such a pain in the *** to play that I didn't really want to anymore.

But now I actually have a character to play. Might even branch out to others if I feel like it.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I like the 3rd one, but anything besides the 2nd one. I don't need my name on the thread three times in near-succession. :|

Stick is still > pad

Roblin let's share it! I'll take the stick part, and you can have the buttons.
Don't you be trying to run that. You'll be keeping Roblin back!

Or you'll just be the most awesome team ever, either or.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
But then people will just think Colorado is filled with a bunch of grammar nazis.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Colorado Smash Scene: M2K + bed = ?

I can't make Springsfest tomorrow; I'm helping my friend with a Rock Band Competition at UCCS. The catch is that he told me just today that it's tomorrow, without posting any fliers or sending me an e-mail, which I kept asking for 2+ weeks. ****er...

So yeah... I'm going to be at UCCS

Also, next post is about Zournament.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Z2
Zournament Pt. 2
Saturday, January 8th
Z's House Tournament
Feat.

<SSBB> <SSBM> <BBCS>

The big hit, Zournament, is coming back to BLOW YOUR MIND! With more games like BlazBlue! So much energy! It's like hitting Colorado with an ELECTRICAL STORM!

Because of how much I was under last Zournament, I'm forced to do a $5 entry fee. Also, there is a release you MUST sign that I am not liable for any harm that may come to you should harm come to you. This is put into effect since the house is an office to two companies.

Everything right now can be somewhat negotiated.

Costs:
Venue Fee: $5
Teams: $20 per team, $10 per person
Singles: $10 per person
Payment: 60/30/10. If less than 8 entrances, then winner take all.
:mad: There better not be less than 8 in Brawl Singles :mad:

Tentative Schedule:
10:00 - People can start showing up
12:00 - Registration for Main Events
13:00 - Brawl/Melee Teams
15:00 - Brawl/Melee/BlazBlue Singles
20:00 - Side Events/Free Play
23:59 - Start packing up

Main Events:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 3 stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items set to Off and None
- Best 2 out of 3 for regular sets
- Best 3 out of 5 for Semi and Finals
- Ports will be determined by rock, paper, scissors if a dispute arises
- A player cannot counterpick a stage they previously won on in the same set
- If timed out, winner is determined by lives, then percentages. If both are same, 1 stock sudden death match with stage striking will be played
- If a player ends the game with Bowser Klaw, Kirby/D3 swallowcides, and Ganondorf's Guerdo suicide grab, the player who was grabbed loses
- Common sense should be used when creating a name tag and modifying controllers. Stopping a game due to controller johns and control johns is at the discretion of the other player.
- Stages will be determined at the event

Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 4 stock
- 8 minute timer
- All items off and set to None
- Best 2 out of 3 for regular sets
- Best 3 out of 5 for Semi and Finals
- Ports will be determined by rock, paper, scissors if a dispute arises
- A player cannot counterpick a stage they previously won on in the same set
- If timed out, winner is determined by lives, then percentages. If both are same, 1 stock sudden death match with stage striking will be played
- Stages will be determined at the event

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
- Game Settings: Versus Mode, Round Time 99 Seconds
- No unlimited version of characters allowed
- Button Mapping/ Binding allowed

Side Events:
*NEW* Mario Power Tennis *NEW*
- Price is decided by the players.
- Will be using the large 42" for this event.

Rock Paper Scissors
- $1 entry
- Best 5 out of 9 (Semi and Finals are best 7 out of 13)

Billiards Side Tourney
- $5 entry Winner-Take-All
- BCA Single Elimination
- Break shot will be determined by lagging

Other Things:
- Please, no drugs! No alcohol! Cigarettes are fine, just as long as it's not in the house.
- There will be snacks and drinks provided.
- There will also be pizza as actual food.
- Setups will be needed. Bring a TV and/or Wii please.
- Even though there is an entry fee, any donations are appreciated, as I went severely under last time.
- Since this is a large house, we will only be occupying the basement.
- Instead of actually walking up and ringing the doorbell, I will have signs that lead to the back of the house. Follow the grass to the left of the entrance and enter the basement instead.

Need the house address? Visit the Facebook page!
Facebook page here

Still not convinced?
Check out the results from the last Zournament!

Zournament Results
Click Here!

People Attending:
  • Underload (+8)
  • Dan (+3)
  • Dave (+1)
  • Meno
  • Tim
  • Tony
  • Ryker
  • Steam
  • Lvl Zero
  • Bess
  • Heibrahi
  • Dill-On [Apply directly to the Dill]
  • Jamaal

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Tony, wanted to ask you if you wanted to TO Melee. Don't think I'd be able to do both. Not after how much I juggled at SPLAT and the snapping. I don't want to take that risk again.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
As much as I'd actually allow it, it's moreso I got a job with clearance. If there's alcohol being consumed at the party and there are minors, there's a very high chance that I lose my job

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
As much as I'd actually allow it, it's moreso I got a job with clearance. If there's alcohol being consumed at the party and there are minors, there's a very high chance that I lose my job
Does your job routinely come by your house and make sure that everyone imbibing is of legal age, or what?

Tony, wanted to ask you if you wanted to TO Melee. Don't think I'd be able to do both. Not after how much I juggled at SPLAT and the snapping. I don't want to take that risk again.
Yeah, that should be fine. I'll do Halo, too, permitting that you have it. Otherwise, I can babysit BB or LoL.

DAMNIT SPELT! It's not even a good title!!

/Sinz

yeah, don't give it to the person who has been playing BB since it's release and has taken the time to learn the game. what a bad idea.

Also Zajice never uses the 360 controller for BB.
i do though, and i've had my stick for a little more than a month.
1) He hasn't
2) He hasn't

Without looking, he probably couldn't tell me the static advantage of Tao's or Lambda's moves. "Playing since release" is misleading, since he's played it since release about as much as I've played Pokemon Soul Silver. Only much, much less.

Plus, Zaj doesn't really commit. Once he hits a brickwall, he stops for a while.

AND ROBLIN WILL ACTUALLY PLAY GAMES WITH ME ON XBL!!!!!!!

^biggest reason right thar.

Plus, having a regular training partner could mean leveling up for Moblin in 3 months or so. A better Moblin makes me happy, cuz then I hafta learn how to get around being super-zoned.

But really, it's mainly the XBL and the fact that Zaj just quits games after he loses his fiyaah.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
They don't come by, but I'm not taking any chances on if some person calls the cops or something.

Please don't argue it; I don't want to lose my job/clearance

Roblin

Smash Rookie
Yay Zournament!!!!!! :D I'm excited! Plus I'm getting a fight stick so I can learn to kick *** in BB!!! Oh and I'm definately gonna be in the rock paper scissors tourney, so ya'll better watch our for me!

I vote for the third title...

Also, Zaj I will help you find a cheaper fight stick if you really want. I swear I'm not trying to be mean by taking this one.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'm going to stay out of this stick debate thing since it's between my good friend and girlfriend. That scares me.

Top Bottom