• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grab!!!!!

Luxor

Smash Champion
Buffered Pivot Grab Chaingrab!

Just like the one D3 has now!

Awesome!

Now I have some stuff to do in frame advance to waste my time!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Haha, this is awesome. Even if it is only 1 re-grab I would learn it just to look at the other guy and be like "yeah what now?"

Looking forward to more information, Marm! I need to get to a wii soon to try this stuff out. Is it difficult at all?

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
Haha, this is awesome. Even if it is only 1 re-grab I would learn it just to look at the other guy and be like "yeah what now?"

Looking forward to more information, Marm! I need to get to a wii soon to try this stuff out. Is it difficult at all?
it's not too hard but I still have some difficulties with it Ill have it mastered soon

Neon!

Smash Lord
In the vid it almost looks like you did a pivot grab on him, but yeah Ive done the cg on MK falco, and zss before, people need to start using this more.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Neon, it is a pivot grab I'm pretty sure. Walking d-throw and trying to grab normally doesn't work under normal circumstances... so I dunno what you've been doing.

Marm, are you doing this, or is this like, dash dance pivot grab or something?

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yes, it is exactly the thing in that video- BUFFERED pivot grab. I already looked into it for the D3 boards- they can infinite a few new characters this way (not like that changes anything for DK lolololol). If you're facing forwards, you throw down, then input back-->down-->back-->forward+grab. That makes you turn around, crouch to cancel turnaround animation, dash back, and pivot grab facing forwards. And you have to input all those commands in the last 10 frames of Dthrow's animation. 5 inputs in 10 frames OMG WHO SAID BARLW HAS NO TECH SKILL

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291214
^later on in this thread there's a teensy bit of discussion on performing

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
lmao i totally said to see if this works like a month ago in the DK advancement thread. just sayin.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
^ i dont remember reading that, wish i had though :(

Sold2, DK does have another CG, its d-throw dash re-grab, however the timing is within 2-3 frames, and it is very selective on character.

And 5 inputs is not that in 10 frames is not that bad (1 input per .167sec), you think that is hard, go try to do a rising cyclone without using a jump with luigi, that thing is like 20inputs per sec (1 input per .05sec)

Luxor

Smash Champion
According to another Smash Lab member, Falco can jump/airdodge out. Seems like a good mixup, though, if you're willing to learn it.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm willing to master it...

I did it to my friend's Meta in friendlies when I was trying to figure it out.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
I buffer the first dash forward then I dash backward (dashdance) then I dash forward again but I cancel the dash with a grab(pivot grab) also it seems to work on wario after a grab release but im not sure

Back with findings.

Sadly, this isn't a true chaingrab. I did the buffered pivot grab, which is, facing right, 4 > 2 > 4 > 6+grab (check your number pad if you don't get it). :c Falco is sent out of DK's range.

This doesn't even work on Bowser, DDD, or DK.

And that means that you could try walking it, but they'd be out of hitstun by the time you reached this. :S

Sorry guys.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Indigo, if I understand correctly, the CG isn't the buffered pivot grab. It's dash forward, dash back, pivot grab. I'm not exactly sure how it works... but in the video marm has in the OP, that's definitely what it looks like too. So, there may be hope yet?

CG, the buffered pivot grab's problem is that it doesn't reach. But the dash forward that marm uses bring you close enough. And the difficulty of doing a "bossnado" is mashing, you just have to do one button a lot and not a sequence of buttons with some sense of timing.

Who does the d-throw dash grab CG actually work on? Never heard about that other than it works on ZSS and that it doesn't work on ZSS.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Ok, i get it. The buffered dash, instead of just pivot grab.

Um.....as far as who the CG works on, talk to Big O. My wii is not working right now so i can not do my frame testing, but if someone wants to do if, i have the codes for a frame hack.

Also i love how we are talking about CG's, and ppl call me CG, it makes me lol. I even use that as my gamertag, and its funny to see peoples reaction when i pick DK.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just so you guys know...you can't quarter-circle the 2nd back input. You have to go

Back
DOwn
Neutral
Back
Forward + Grab

Or I'm too slow, but it wouldn't make sense since we have to DASH backwards to just to a simple quarter-circle

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Has anyone else had any luck with doing this? When I tried playing around with it a week or so ago I ended up getting dash dance into a dash grab. Maybe I need to try ESAM's suggestion. If anyone's gotten good with this or Marm comes back to explain more, I'd really like to know who it works on and how long. A clearer video would be great too but that can wait.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
you can in there a lot and ate a ton of damage for it. The only problem with the tink mu is his bombs, we can take of his arrows and boomerang no sweat with practically any move f-tilt being the best option, that mixed with ps'ing his projectiles is the best way to go.

I saw you up throw tink once, dont do that lol. he can just dair you and hit you up to four times (two dairs)

if he f-smashed your shield you can shield drop and punch him, and the second hit will hit your SA frames.

His best kill option is up smash, uair, dair spike.

You played it failry well with some nice reactions, just dont run in so much.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hey. This is about the potential chaingrab, not critiquing PeachGuard's DK. I like how PG managed to stay grounded the entire time and kept his cool that's all I'll say lol.

But anyways let's talk about chain grabs. I think we have the slickest looking chaingrab out of any character. People will be like "maaaan I can't believe you just did that."

Top Bottom