• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote here to get brawl as a throwback event at mlg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Vote for brawl to be a throwback event for mlg
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/...owback-events/

Go there and vote go brawl. Note that it is NOT an official poll, but it shows mlg that we still care and want brawl to be back. Were currently in 2nd place behind GoW by only about 25 votes. The poll has over a thousand votes so mlg will probably at least look at this poll. You can vote for more than one option so if you want melee vote for other, but go ahead and vote for brawl too. Melee most likely will never be back and we want to support the smash community as a whole whether you like brawl or not you still should want to support your community.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sorry for trying to get support from our community? You should honestly be ashamed if you say that you consider yourself part of the community and then vote for another game unless you honestly want that game over any other game there. If youre just doing it in spite of someone or something then you're just complete trash. Let the mods take care of me for my so called "spamming" ( lol i don't even know how this is considered spamming) you don't need to go vote forcanotger game just because of it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Vote for brawl to be a throwback event for mlg
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/...owback-events/

Go there and vote go brawl. Note that it is NOT an official poll, but it shows mlg that we still care and want brawl to be back. Were currently in 2nd place behind GoW by only about 25 votes. The poll has over a thousand votes so mlg will probably at least look at this poll. You can vote for more than one option so if you want melee vote for other, but go ahead and vote for brawl too. Melee most likely will never be back and we want to support the smash community as a whole whether you like brawl or not you still should want to support your community.
You're not part of MY community.

You're also a ****ing idiot if you think people will be more inclined to vote for the piece of **** game known as Brawl by saying something blatantly offensive like "Melee most likely will never be back," however true it may be.

Take your **** elsewhere.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Do people actually like GoW or is it just Melee players trolling the Brawl community? On the other hand, someone did admit on a GoW forum that they made 5 accounts just to vote for GoW because they like GoW. :laugh: I actually don't play GoW. I just read a link from a post that someone linked from SWF.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You're not part of MY community.

You're also a ****ing idiot if you think people will be more inclined to vote for the piece of **** game known as Brawl by saying something blatantly offensive like "Melee most likely will never be back," however true it may be.

Take your **** elsewhere.

Uhhhh....if we're both involved in smash in anyway shape or form then we're part of the same community whether you like it or not.

And I don't see how saying that us offensive at all... It's just being truthful. I enjoy melee and I'd support melee if it was given a chance to be on mlg.

You don't have to like brawl at all to vote for it, you just have to like thecsmash community and if you don't like it then why are you on smashhoards in the first place? You do realize that other gaming communities refers to uscas the smash community right? Not the brawl or melee community. If brawl got accepted back in then it looks good on the community as a whole and the same goes vice versa. It's good got the melee community for brawl to be on the circuit. Random player finds out about competitive brawl through mlg, random, player tries brawl and doesn't like it and then tries melee, random player likes melee and joined the scene.

I'm just trying to support the community and then I get flamed for it. Hoestly, it's people like you who are an embarrassment to this community

Miharu

Smash Hero
Uhhhh....if we're both involved in smash in anyway shape or form then we're part of the same community whether you like it or not.
Sure we belong to the greater community that includes all 3 smash games, but what you clearly fail to understand is the fact that a good number of people who frequent PacWest really couldn't give half a **** about brawl, and asking for them to vote for a game that brought few positives to the table isn't going to accomplish much. So while we may be part of a larger community (yes I'll give you that), 64/Melee/Brawl all still have their own individual communities/followings.

Try pulling this **** with 64 players, and see how far you get.

And I don't see how saying that us offensive at all... It's just being truthful. I enjoy melee and I'd support melee if it was given a chance to be on mlg.
Since you're dense as hell, I'll spell it out for you.

No matter how true something is, it doesn't help you in the least bit to reinforce said truth when asking us for a favor. I'll attempt to use some analogy to put it in perspective for you. Let's say your friend's brother died (a bit drastic, I know), but he said he'd help you with something. Reminding him of his brother's death, while it is true, really only causes negative consequences, especially if you word it bluntly.

You don't have to like brawl at all to vote for it, you just have to like thecsmash community and if you don't like it then why are you on smashhoards in the first place?
Really? Why would I vote for an aspect of this larger community that I inherently dislike, all for the purpose of furthering some "greater good"? I'm here on SWF because I enjoy the Melee community, and not what I've seen of the Brawl community.

You do realize that other gaming communities refers to uscas the smash community right? Not the brawl or melee community. If brawl got accepted back in then it looks good on the community as a whole and the same goes vice versa.
Maybe it looks good to the uninformed who group the game together as a whole, but I really don't care too much about the uninformed at this point.

It's good got the melee community for brawl to be on the circuit. Random player finds out about competitive brawl through mlg, random, player tries brawl and doesn't like it and then tries melee, random player likes melee and joined the scene.
Reminds me of the "trickle-down-effect". Bull****.

I'm just trying to support the community and then I get flamed for it. Hoestly, it's people like you who are an embarrassment to this community
Because you did it in a thoughtless and annoying manner. Don't go around calling me an embarrassment when you can't even manage to think through your actions and their potential consequences before going through with them.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lmao, this is why u don't like getting in arguments over an online forum, people call you dense when they're in fact blind. You're argument is full of holes and ridiculous notations that I don't care To point out anymore so you win, congratulations, I'm done here. You're just a selfish ******* that, again, is an embarrassment to the smash community as well as the melee community.

Edit: and I have thought my words through, you clearly haven't.

A mod can lock this now, actually, this just turning into a pointless argument. The information that needed to get out is on the OP for anyone that wants it do it can get locked now.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Lmao, this is why u don't like getting in arguments over an online forum, people call you dense when they're in fact blind. You're argument is full of holes and ridiculous notations that I don't care To point out anymore so you win, congratulations, I'm done here. You're just a selfish ******* that, again, is an embarrassment to the smash community as well as the melee community.

Edit: and I have thought my words through, you clearly haven't.

A mod can lock this now, actually, this just turning into a pointless argument. The information that needed to get out is on the OP for anyone that wants it do it can get locked now.
sure you have

go ahead and point out the holes and flaws in my argument; if you're able to do so, I'll gladly eat my words and vote for brawl

and just in case you didn't get this already, the brawl community is in no ****ing way equal to the melee community. therefore, if i vote for brawl to be in MLG, i'm showing support for brawl, and not necessarily the rest of the community

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm not much of a smasher, but it seems clear to me that this thread has taken a pretty bad turn. I'm closing it. Sorry to Player-1, it's clear you had good intentions.

I will say that I find it amazing that you people have so much hatred for another game in the same series. Maybe Brawl is a horrible game for competitive gaming. I do not really know. But it's pretty ridiculous to throw a hissy fit any time anyone mentions it.

I don't feel like I'm informed enough about the Smash community to hand out any infractions that posters in this thread might deserve, so I will leave that job to a mod who is more familiar with the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom