• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion Master who?

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Dude haha shroomed *****! J3ly is good but he doesnt have as much competition over there. The people shroomed plays and beats are of a higher caliber. Nothing against j3ly, he's much better than I am haha.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I think J3ly is only better then me because i dont go to a lot of tournies......I dont know if J3ly even mains mario anymore. My rule is.......if you dont main mario, you mario is not better then mine. It might not make sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Jely:
im subbing mario on some stages/matchups again cause i got bored as hell with falco and nearly quit. also im getting tired of ****** some1 for 2 stocks, then getting hit at 40% and swept off stage and gimped twice. mission success i now have 3 playable tournament characters but wanna be known as the undisputed king of the mushroom kingdom (EU), armada being the queen

shroomed wud probably beat me, but i never lost to a single doc at SNY. the matchup is in mario's favour and one of my best. bullet bill got noooothing on me hahahah 4 stocks all day

Ca5h this is actually my incredibly misleading video thread, lol. look at the first page. every vid is outdated though, its been a long time since i was in recorded stages not using falco. however there is a monthly on the 5th feb ill get some recorded

i got a ton of mario dittos of me vs fuzzyness on my hard drive but no audio and my connection is ****e

Btw this account <<<< best mario kart player in the world. tesco got their playyers geeezzau

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
i have to go to a thing called school. and my parents got me doing ridiculous and tedious chores after school.
man you almost made me use the N word on you dude.......ask you parents if you can get the day that the monthly are on off

Shroomed

Smash Master
today i found out about namesearching
i didn't know people ever mentioned me for anything LOL
i never go anywhere on smashboards aside from WC tourneys and dr. mario general discussion

but doc beats mario easily guys
dsmash -> edgeguard
doc's dsmash sends further out and he has dthrow fair for kills

hopefully i play sum good mario players at P5
i wanna play everyone i can since i used up my money for groceries to go to that shizz lol
i been eatin cereal and eggs all day errday

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I've seen people name search but Ionno how.

I actually just found the 'Melee Discussion' section a few months ago...
I've been on here for at least a year LOL
So fail.

I just got groceries today too. Lotsa veggies, gonna cook up some sexy healthy pastas this month...MMMMMM GOOOOOOD

I don't think Doc is much more (if any) better than Mario.
It's a metagame thing. Doc's easier to get the punishes maxed that he wants though, that's for sure.

Reminds me of a Fox/Pika thing (though that's a little wack lol)

Fox and Pika move the same with the same purpose. No range but speed.
Fox just has instant punish, Pikas takes persistence and precision that isn't as easy or guaranteed, but just as good if done well.
It's complicated, but that's the basics of my thoughts. :p

Pine

Smash Ace
you are saying they are the same but one has an easier time doing what their goal is. thus you are saying that fox is better then pika, and doc is better then mario. you are just in denial and wont come out to say it

if its easier to accomplish a goal, that char is better

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
you are saying they are the same but one has an easier time doing what their goal is. thus you are saying that fox is better then pika, and doc is better then mario. you are just in denial and wont come out to say it

yeah he's saying that's where the METAGAME has gone, not our personal preference. One person's goal might be gimps, the other's might be combos. this is what makes playstyles different

Shroomed: glad we have similar good taste in music =D

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Nah mangz

It's like how Yoshi should be the last thing to ever develop in this game because he's completely based off countering opponenets and to do that, the thing he's countering has to be developed effeciently before he can grow.

Through general analysis, Mario and Pika should be late bloomers, as their punishes aren't instant but they're just as good as others, it's all a matter of persistancy (there's simply more to it) but it's just as effective, just as reliable.

It's complicated beyond this, but if Mario/Pika developed BEFORE others, it wouldn't make much sense at all.
Same with Samus, the only reason she got a jumpstart was Hugs+she can CC like a ***** and has good smashes.
bunch a nubs use her like idiots XD

Pine

Smash Ace
well i do agree that the game is more balanced then people give credit for. people just play whoever is considered the top tier at that time. i do think low tiers when mastered and understood can stand up to high tier characters. having said that i do also believe that some characters ARE naturally easier and better characters in this game. some characters simply have a more reliable, quicker moveset that allows them to be a greater threat on any level of play. there is a reason every great low/mid tier player usually goes fox or falco in tough matches.

otg

Smash Master

Yeah, pretty much.

Doc's tools are more practical for winning, hence Doc > Mario.

j3ly

Smash Champion
shroomed + otg:
docs dsmash has alot of room for DI. If you hit a competent mario with it, he is going to downB + cape really really high to avoid being edgeguarded.

arguably the best killing move in this matchup is mario's fsmash :) cos it has the most range and beats out every available move (including fair) of both characters, apart from projectiles

would you argue one/both these statement? according to the logic i read above, accepting these 2 points means mario has the advantage in the matchup (my belief).

can't comment on dthrow -> fair cos mario is lighter in PAL and it certainly doesn't work over here :) woop woop

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I don't think he was talking about dsmash for vs Mario, but just in general.

I feel broke this month since maining Falco. Dirty chicken but he's still food.

There's no way Doc/Mario can be considered better than Doc/Mario yet. That's like saying hearing/sight is better than hearing/sight. There's too much and not enough has gone into the 'goodness' of either on a human practicality level to determine which is better beyond basic 'easy to tell' things and simple educated bias.

/end useless rant

Mario and Doc both ****. One just a plumber, one just a doctor.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I don't think he was talking about dsmash for vs Mario, but just in general.

I feel broke this month since maining Falco. Dirty chicken but he's still food.

There's no way Doc/Mario can be considered better than Doc/Mario yet. That's like saying hearing/sight is better than hearing/sight. There's too much and not enough has gone into the 'goodness' of either on a human practicality level to determine which is better beyond basic 'easy to tell' things and simple educated bias.

/end useless rant

Mario and Doc both ****. One just a plumber, one just a doctor.
lol even though i still believe mario is better, I will agree because every time otg made an arguement, it consisted of mostly opinions. lol I bolded the words so i didnt have to argue back....how lazy is that

Top Bottom