• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SALT; 2/19/11, Metro-Atlanta Georgia

Player-1

Smash Legend
SALT

Come to the very first [very] possible tournament series known as SALT. After our last venue closed down, I decided to try and find a new venue for us to have monthly tournaments. Depending on how this one goes there is a good chance of us getting monthly tournaments at this place. It's in the back room of this church. It's fairly spacious, should be able to hold about 50-60 people comfortably. If you need a ride or housing feel free to ask around in the thread, people are usually kind enough to do so. I will have a friend there that attends the church his name is "Zeke", he will be helping me keep the venue clean and not destroyed >.>, please listen to anything he has to say to you.

Date: 2-19-2011

Places to eat: There is a Dairy Queen within walking distance of the venue, also there is a McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, and Taco bell within 10 minutes of the venue

Schedule: Singles and Doubles registration will start at 2 doubles will start at roughly 3:30 Singles will start when doubles starts to finish.

Contact Information: You can call my number at 678-910-8096 if you have any questions or if you're running late and need me to enter you and call your match last, etc.

Price: There is a $10 entrance fee into singles and $10 per person into doubles. There is NO door fee. This is because I am not trying to make a profit and I'm getting the venue for free. I will, however, start charging a door fee if we have a problem with setups in order to have an incentive for bringing them because I will waive the door fee. So if you don't want there to be door fee then bring setups..

Payouts: 60/30/10

Rules:

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.
* RPS will be played for port priority
* Coaching is allowed
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If this happens then I have the right to recall the match
* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- Follow sudden death procedure
* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.
* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

* There will be a 45 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 45 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 45 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 100 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play ifthe time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 100 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 100 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

Stage List:

Starter Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island
-Smashville
-Battlefield

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Brinstar
-Rainbow Cruise
-Castle Siege
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Halberd
-Pictochat

Confirmed Attendees:

Player-1
Player-3
Hichez
Reflex
Kismet
Billy
BigLou
APC
MPC
LPC
Zeke
Zatch
Micaelis
Huggles?
Dyno
Turtl
Saltix
Umby?
NoiD
Harbinger
HeroChima
TGK
T2Virus
LOL

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll go with a carpool, provided i can find one. I'll bring a TV, and possibly my Wii. If you need an extra TV, i can bring two, but please remind me ahead of time, to get things situated.

Put me down as a possibility.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
B B But you're going to Pound! D:
I found out today that housing's probably going to be around $150 for the three days. Given that, I'm probably not going, unless I learn how to function while homeless and have a shower to use, or housing becomes much cheaper somehow.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'll probably go back home that weekend then and drive there myself. My parents will be super happy if these become monthlies because that means I'll visit home once a month then! lol

I'll bring at least my Wii of course and my swexy body.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I had it in their, but when you're in the main thread then it shows the date and stuff, so I took it out not knowing that it takes it out of the main thread title outside the thread

milesg2g

Smash Champion
So in total this should be 30$ for the full thing right?

And how long do you have the venue/ how long are you planning to run the tourney?

Player-1

Smash Legend
$30? It should be only be $20, $10 for singles and $10 for doubles, although my friend, Zeke who helped this get together, says it would be a good idea if we give some donations so we can have more tournaments there so I'll probably have a donations jar there

milesg2g

Smash Champion
But entry's $10 too. So together it'd be $30?

Also how long do you think we'll be able to have the VinYouuuuuu

Player-1

Smash Legend
No...entrance into each tournament

Price: There is a $10 entrance fee into singles and $10 per person into doubles. There is NO door fee. This is because I am not trying to make a profit and I'm getting the venue for free. I will, however, start charging a door fee if we have a problem with setups in order to have an incentive for bringing them because I will waive the door fee. So if you don't want there to be door fee then bring setups..

and you'll have venue til whenever I/Zeke feels like leaving pretty much, around the standard WABA time, 11-12ish or whenever people start leaving.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
No...entrance into each tournament

and you'll have venue til whenever I/Zeke feels like leaving pretty much, around the standard WABA time, 11-12ish or whenever people start leaving.

Oh ok cool

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Just looked at my exam schedule... I might be able to make it to this since I was planning on heading back up to Clemson for a weekend around this time.

NoID

Smash Rookie
Yes to picto
And hell yes to this tourney its like five minutes from my house, I should be with a few ppl maybe two or three full setups and can provide housing now and in the future if this tourney series becomes really popular

Player-1

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, if I ever plan a big tournament then there's NO way I'd be able to fit a lot of people in the room unless we get more rooms (which I'm not even sure if hey have any other rooms that would be good for a tournament) so I'd have to find a new venue =/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey--You should see about keeping an attendance list. I should be bringing Calvin and Billy, at least.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah, I'll make an attendance list, I didn't charge the door fee because Zeke didn't tell me until after I posted this.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does anyone know if Lounis is planning on coming to this? There's some dude in Marietta that wants to get into the scene, apparently.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Alright. Someone needs to direct him to the GA Smash page on Facebook.

Also, I'm teaming with Lounis here. SALT can totally be "Squirtle and Luigi Triumph," hah.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I didn't know we had one of those =/, but I don't have a facebook.

Me and Kismet will be rapin' cuz we're pretty ****ing hyped right now

Player-1

Smash Legend
Nah, I figured I don't really need one since I get most of my information from text or SWF so it doesn't matter. Although I plan to before I graduate so I can keep in contact with some friends that I probably wouldn't be able to otherwise

Kaptain

Smash Ace
This is a little too soon after I got off early last saturday. Hopefully you guys will do this next month. I am very interested!!!

Edit: WHAT? No port town... lol.

Top Bottom