• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Skills Barfights 1 - Houston, TX - ft Wobbles, DoH, Jake13, Oscar!

MT_

Smash Ace
Good **** DoH

No SideEffect at this? Or Rayzorium? Small turnout this time, probably because it's during the semester and at a bar...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Thank you to everyone that supported tys bar fights 1. Alot of you like the venue so I will be running 1 more tournament here before we go back to funplex in april. It will be sometime march just have to figure out the date so I will keep everyone up to date. Good to see dallas show up.

Doh: Can you rename the thread and everything you posted to Test Your Skills Bar Fights 1 Thx and good seeing you.

Jake13: Always a pleasure chilling with you =]

Oscar: You my ninja! Dennys was swine flu. SICK!

Everybody else, ill see you at the next tys bar fights 2. We in there...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Doh, please update the OP with characters used.

De Angelo, please dont hold a melee tournament in march untill after th 19th cause im doing melee at whobo 3.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
This was short on players but not on fun. Shoutouts:
DoH - good sh** on winning and making results thread & uploading vids so fast
Von - I saw that game on Yoshi's against Wobbles...you were kinda beasting, up a stock at one point, then SD'd on that final stock. :/ Anyway, I enjoyed our friendlies (esp. the falcon dittos hehe).
Jake - a pleasure as always sir
Kevin - your falco is good, our last game on FD was intense! Glad to hear there are some ppl to play in galveston when I move there in august.
John - fun friendlies, you have talent now just need experience. Hope to play you again
Andrew - I couldn't match your patience on that game at pokemon stadium lol.
Mike - ggs, you did some impressive stuff like run off edge fair w/ shiek. At least I pulled off a dthrow chaingrab to dropzone dair on one of our friendlies :]
Wobbles, Oscar, Pawl - shoulda played yall
Everyone going to pound 5 - good luck, represent TX!! Would be cool if you could persuade ppl to come to WHOBO 3 melee so the $25 venue fee is definitely worth it.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
I'm going to get you next time, Noc. Or maybe the time after next time. I'm getting you either way. Just a matter of time. Juuuuuuuuuust wait for it. >:[

Anyway, looking forward to you starting school in Galveston this upcoming fall. We might be able to do amazing things here. A&M Galveston's game club may have been the "Magic + Dungeon and Dragons + Who cares about anything else" club this year, but if I get *very* lucky next year and get a wave of freshman who like fighting games, then I'll get things moving even more down here guaranteed. I've already recruited John and revived two other players, and I'm not stopping there.

Shoutouts:

Oscar - Hope I can play you more this summer. You're so good. :(

Jake - Wish my Falco were as good as yours. :(

Noc - Brinstar.

Paul - Thanks for not picking Brinstar.

Von - Must. Defeat. T___T

DoH and Wobbles - Can't believe I saw you two in person. @__@

Denny's - Paying at the front FTW. -___-

Characters:

GlibbyGlobby - Falco, Marth
OPDM - Sheik
OBST - Luigi, the worst character ever made for the worst kind of people