• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE @ UCI ~ FUSION 3 - Bring Setups Please! There will be pools!

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace

The Date

* February 26th, 2011, Saturday

The Location/Venue

* University of California - Irvine => Dr. White Room, located at the bottom of the Cross Cultural Center.

The Directions

* From I-405N
Exit Culver Drive​
Left onto Culver Drive​
Right onto Campus Drive​
Left onto West Peltason Drive​
Left onto Pereira Drive​
Park in the structure found immediately to the left. It's $8 for an all-day pass, but if you're bringing people then this shouldn't be too much of a big deal if you guys can split it.
UC Regents suck.
Walk along Pereira until you see the road blocked by a gate.The road is in between the Bookstore and Aldrich Hall. Walk down the road and you'll see the venue. This should take no more than a couple minutes.​

* From I-405S
Exit Culver Drive​
Right onto Culver Drive​
Right onto Campus Drive​
Left onto West Peltason Drive​
Left onto Pereira Drive​
Park in the structure found immediately to the left. It's $8 for an all-day pass, but if you're bringing people then this shouldn't be too much of a big deal if you guys can split it.
UC Regents suck.
Walk along Pereira until you see the road blocked by a gate. The road is in between the Bookstore and Aldrich Hall. Walk down the road and you'll see the venue. This should take no more than a couple minutes.​

* Parking can be made either at the University Town Center (aka, the UTC, where In-N-Out is) or the parking lot/structure near the venue.

To access the parking lots/structure: On Campus Drive, turn into West Peltason Drive so that you're going into the campus (and not towards the UTC/apartments), and turn left onto Pereira Drive. A parking structure should be immediately to your left. Parking is $8 for an all day pass, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you have everyone in your car chip in.

If coming from the UTC: walk across Watson Bridge onto campus, traverse the steps past the flagpoles, head right once on Ring Road and the Cross Cultural Center will be directly across from Aldrich Hall/Starbucks. Be careful of parking there, though, because the mall security might issue out a ticket or something.

On the map below, the Cross Cultural Center is Building 103!

http://www.parking.uci.edu/templates/campusmap/submap.cfm?area=admin

* Please keep the venue clean, and be civil!

The Schedule

Set-up/Registration/Friendlies and Warm-ups: 11:00am - 12:30pm
Doubles Bracket: 12:30pm
Singles Pools+Bracket: After Doubles (or as it's coming to an end)
Crews: ?????
Clean-up/Go Home: 9:00pm - 10:00 pm

* Times are subject to change based on turnout/setups/cooperation. FUSION and I normally provide about 6 setups, but the more the merrier/easier it is to do things. Please Bring Setups!

* Please be on time/on alert. I really don't want to have to DQ or anything for tardiness/inattentiveness. Contact me if anything happens! (info down below)

The Setups

TVs

1) FUSION
2) FUSION
3) FUSION
4) FUSION
5) FUSION
6) FUSION
7) MacD
8) DanteFox
9) CableCho57
10+) San Diegooo

GC/Wii + Melee

1) FUSION
2) FUSION
3) FUSION
4) FUSION
5) FUSION
6) FUSION
7) MacD
8) DanteFox
9) CableCho57
10+) San Diegooo

Power Strips

1) FUSION
2) FUSION
3) FUSION

The Fees and Payouts

* Venue/Club fee = $5
* Singles = $5
* Doubles = $5 per teammate

Discounts off venue fee if you bring setup stuff and we use it! (-$3 for TV, -$2 for Console+Game)

Singles/Teams Payouts

* 1st = 60%
* 2nd = 30%
* 3rd = 10%

The Rules

* 4 stocks, 8 minute timer, no items.
* All sets will be held best 2/3
* Semi's and Final's are 3/5
* Tournament will be held as double-elimination style.
* There will be pools for singles.
* DOUBLES: Team Attack is ON, sharing of lives is allowed.
* In the event of a draw, remaining stocks are used, followed by percentage. If it's both tied, a one stock match will be used to determine the winner.
* Stage Striking - Should occur for the first match of the set. Rock-paper-scissors to determine who goes first. Order should be 1-2-2-1.
* Advanced Slob Picks - The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule - No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again.
* Those glitches (IC freeze glitch/Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, etc.) and stalling tactics (Rising pound, Peach Bomber at unreachable areas under stages, etc.) are banned.
* Wobbling is NOT banned.
Because it still won't help me get out of pools :(

* Singles Neutral Stages = Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
* Singles Counterpick = Neutral stages, Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise
* Doubles Neutral Stages = Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Doubles Counterpick = Neutral stages (doubles), Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise

Miscelleaneous Stuff

* Links to past tournaments: FUSION 1 ~ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265680
FUSION 2 ~ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272130

* The Smash booth will be found on Ring Road near the venue/Aldrich Hall!
* I'll have some sort of nourishment provided, and Chile Limon Lays for me and ComboFest :cool:

* Contact Info
If you want to reach me directly with any concerns/comments (and be sure to voice them in this thread):

AIM - ahchoomattchu
Email - ahchoomattchu@yahoo.com
Phone # - (858)353-5927 (text or leave a voicemail if I can't answer)
Facebook - Matthew Florida (If you send a message/friend request, mention something along the lines of Smash)

THE RESULTS​

Doubles
1: Fly Amanita + MacD ($90.00)
2: Baka4moe + E40 ($45.00)
3: Hyprid + Stab ($15.00)
4: Shadow + Sunny
5: W.A.S.T.E. + ShaseiMaster
5: AntoPark + ComboFest
7: Taco + Engdrew
7: Fruit By The Foot (Bones + Lanstar)
9: KayS + Return
9: Carlvin + Mattchu
9: Adam + Boji
9: Cable + DanteFox
13: SiChi + Mike
13: Pelvis + perfectDDD2
13: Jeremy + Kenny

Singles
1: MacD ($126)
2: Fly Amanita ($63)
3: Stabbedbyanipple ($21)
4: W.A.S.T.E.
5: Lanstar
5: Baka4moe
7: Hyprid
7: G&T
9: David
9: Shadow
9: Sunny
9: Spark
13: AntoPark
13: Signia
13: ComboFest
13: ShaseiMaster
17: DanteFox
17: KirbyrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEG
17: Jack of Blades
17: Taco
17: Fox
17: Matthew
17: Return
17: KneeOfKy

42 entrants for singles. 8 pools of 5, with two pools with one extra each because those two came came in late.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Sorry this tournament is kinda out of nowhere, and like right after Pound 5 for those of you going there, but I wasn't able to host a tourney last quarter and I really wanted to make up for it. Unfortunately, this date was the only one I could secure to have the venue.

But still, please come out! Bring setups, too! :)

melrak90

Smash Cadet
sad there wasn't one last quarter, but I'll be sure to come out to this (especially if there's a chance for chips and pizza, haha) GET HYPED!~

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oo i really want to go to this!

would anyone like to team with me?

macd wanna do double peach? :D lol u dont have to decide right away if u want, i guess i might ask again after pound.

WHA?

Smash Ace
ANYONE in the 818 goin to this????? (or near 818?)
I got a full setup and i can give you the discount + i got gas $$$$$$$$$$

(yup anto im doin it again... i know ur watchin.....)

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
There will be the booth + setup tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday from 11am-2/3pm. It'll be found right in front of the Cross-Cultural Center (the venue) across from Aldrich Hall.

We can't do Thursday because there's Engineering Week stuff we have to take care of.

Come out for some friendlies and hype and stuff!

Nashun

Smash Ace
Ryan if you drive me I will pay for the gas for the trip and give you SC2 lessons. You got this dawg.
Edit: I have no time (or money) constraints either so the entire itinerary would be at your leisure.
Double Edit: We can even take my car. I hate driving.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yep, it'll be nice to finally meet the santa barbara players.

macd wanna do double peach? :D

oh and i might as well say it here, good **** to all those that went to pound.

ShadowScourge

Smash Cadet
what time is singles projected to start? i have a lab that got pushed back due to president's day that i've gotta bolt through so i can make it. ORRR if you let me show up a bit later, assuming i don't miss pools completely. o_o

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
We normally start pools for singles at like 3 or 4, though it really depends on how many people enter teams.

Also, this is Matt on n00b's account. muahahahahahaha

Top Bottom