• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Gamer Stereotypes and why they make me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Link to original post: [drupal=4025]Female Gamer Stereotypes and why they make me lol[/drupal]

First and foremost I would like to say this is by no means a troll blog or meant to hurt anyones feelings/cause drama. I'm writing this
to give you guys a different perspective- possibly a rare one because chances are if you reading this, you aren't a female.

Now we all know stereotypes are bad. There's lots of bad ones especially about girl gamers. From girl gamers sucking at gaming in general,
to girl gamers being hella ugly. This blog is dealing with the latter.

Okay. First of all, I want to say, on behalf of being a legit looking gaming female that the stereotype is lulz worthy and hypocritical.
Why? Because the same can be said of male gamers.
If there is a stereotype for girl gamers being ugly... Where the hells are the ones on guys cuz let me tell ya- I can easily say the same thing
I'll break it down for ya in 5 gaming guy archetypes

1. Guys who have bigger boobs than me (Need to lose weight)

Lose sum weight u fat peice of ****!

2. Guys who weigh less than me because they have never lifted a weight in their entire life (Emaciated looking guys. Also usually pale as hell because they never go outside)

Yoga skinny!

3. Basement dwellers

Profound.... dwelling...

4. Momma's boys who use their mommy's money for date money

Vega became emo over his mother's murder so im putting him down. I would of liked to put FF7's Sephiroth here instead, but I don't want to get death threats from FF7 fantards.

5. Guys who won't even spend money on their girl because they use it for video games, MMs, tournies, ect.

It's HIS fight money, and you ain't getting any of it, gurl!

6. Any combo of 1-5. Mix and match your fail.

I've dated plenty of gamers, so this is all first hand exp. I ain't making this **** up.

Explanation of above:

Guy archetype number 1- I don't need to explain this. Said guy just games all day and packs the pounds on.

Guy number 2- Rofl, I thought guys suppose to be the stronger gender? There's literally gamer guys who look like they never made it past puberty. Said guy weighs either less or just a tad more than me (I work out...). Please boys, us ladies like to feel protected, go out and get buffed.

Guy archetype number 3- The basement dwellers are just socially awkward as ****. They don't know how to handle girls, or have really poor self-esteem... kinda like "wow, you're so awesome, why are you even talking/hanging out/dating me?" This is a huge ****ing turn off. Confident (NOT ARROGANT) guys are legit

Guy archetype number 4- Momma's boys... oh my lord these kind of guys make me want to become a lesbian. Seriously. I hate these kinds of guys with a fierce passion. They be ****s, and they be spending their mommy's money on you during dinners... it just feels so awkward... D:

Guy archetype number 5- Rofl, these guys are so ****ing lulz worthy. They won't want to spend a penny on you, but they'll blow their $$$ so they can buy new games, go to tournies, or anything else other than you. What's even funner is with my experience said guy doesn't even place for **** or win these MMs, so they are just throwing their money away regardless.

Combo- Gamer guy can exhibit multiple stereotypes

So if any girls reading this... if you're dating or consider dating a guy who exhibits any of the traits I just mentioned. Here's some gal to gal advice: RUN. RUN AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. Or if u already in a relationship-

"This is the end for you!!!"

DUMP THEIR ***!!! Then laugh at them as they look like a deer in headlights. (smirk)

To guys- If you don't fall into any of the archetypes I mentioned... mad respect.

Bottom Line- Girl Gaming Stereotype needs to end, because the same can be said of gaming guys being hideous- both aesthetic wise and personality wise.

Peace out, and try not to get too butthurt over this blog. Even though everything I said is true and backed up by first hand experience, it was meant for entertainment value as well, again im not trying to start some lame male vs female war. Just opening your eyes and giving ya'all a new perspective.

Thanks for reading.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Mad? No, I don't fit any of the stereotypes you mentioned. I'm athletic, thin, sociable and I use the money I earn on things that actually matter.

Thanks for your concern though :)
Well good! :)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL fun read! I don't fall under any of these, but I sorta used to be a number 5 when I was younger cause I wanted to be the bess that no one ever was. I was 18-19 and my eyes were too focused on the prize when I didn't realize I already had one. =/

Lesson learned and many years later :)

I never really believed in girl stereotypes because I used to game at this really famous arcade center(CTF) in NYC where even girls would be there wrecking dudes in MvC2 and other fighters and they were really attractive imo

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I fall under 'archetype 2.' Thing is, I love working out, but can't do it regularly because of medical problems. Feels good man.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
This looks like one of the troll threads you'd find on 4chan.

Also, nice double standards we have here.
Hurr, stronger gender. Hurr, guys need to spend their money on girls!
I lol'd

In my situation it wasn't really about spending money, but spending time. I spent way too much time trying to get good at fighting games back in the day haha.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I fall under 'archetype 2.' Thing is, I love working out, but can't do it regularly because of medical problems. Feels good man.
Same here, sorry I can make you feel "protected". I guess gamer girls are not the strong independent type if they need a mans protection.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The basement dwellers are just socially awkward as ****. They don't know how to handle girls, or have really poor self-esteem... kinda like "wow, you're so awesome, why are you even talking/hanging out/dating me?" This is a huge ****ing turn off.
If you've never been in this position, you wouldn't understand how scary it is to leave your comfort zone and be with a partner who is a 10/10 to them. It's a process that takes time, money, and a good bit of social rehabilitation. To be able to dedicate yourself to someone who can easily get someone better than yourself, and yet they choose to stay with you is utterly baffling, and is met with expected disbelief. If you truly love them, you'll either try to get them to cope with reality, or appreciate them for who they are.

Still, props for telling women to dump men based on physical characteristics. This will get a few replies, certainly.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
good thing guy was used a the basement dweller, cause jesus christ he has naruto/manga/anime ronry written all over him itb

Gamer males are pretty bad with keeping the girl. Its like they all fall into one extreme category or are gay. No haten on gays, i think i can understand why one would prefer to go gay...especially after you see how bad girl gamer choices get when it comes to gamer guys

i'm much happier and better off training n' gaming by myself

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
this is by no means a troll blog
a guy who exhibits any of the traits I just mentioned. Here's some gal to gal advice: RUN. RUN AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. Or if u already in a relationship-

"This is the end for you!!!"

DUMP THEIR ***!!! Then laugh at them as they look like a deer in headlights. (smirk)

I would've actually had a perfect reaction pic, but the text was in Finnish so that'll have to do.

props for telling women to dump men based on physical characteristics.
This.

Also the whole "Men need to be muscular macho men who use all their money on us wimenz" point.

And no, I'm not mad, I'm amused by the dumb logic used by and in stereotypes these days.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
It's a process that takes time, money, and a good bit of social rehabilitation.
Pretty much this. You're treating social issues as though they're something you can just snap out of and stop worrying about. It's like telling a smoker who's been at it for years that he can't touch a single one from now on and not expecting him to go into withdrawal. Back in high school, I had crippling social anxiety; just the idea of trying to be comfortable or having a normal conversation with people I didn't know in public was awful. Like a little voice in your head that's convincing you that everybody's waiting to see you **** up and once you do, they're gonna hold it on you forever.

It's not logical, but that's what it felt like. I was tired of it by my freshman year, but it wasn't until my junior/senior year that I was able to fully get out of it, and it wasn't a quick process. The only thing you can really do is force yourself into uncomfortable situations, hopefully with a friend that'll help you through it, or at least give you a reason to try and face your fears. Some people aren't lucky enough to run into somebody that cares enough to approach them and help them out. They either end up being scared all the time or have to resort to therapy to try and get over it. Imagine not being able to do anything you'd like to for most of your teenage years.

Now on your side, I understand how it must've felt dating people like this; relationships aren't meant to be one-sided, and you want somebody that can give back without any issues barring them. Instead, if you care at all, just try befriending them and helping them out. Not everybody can be helped, but if they seem like they want to open up but can't, just give them a reason to. Something as simple as inviting somebody to the mall/some event/movies/whatever with your other friends can mean a lot when he doesn't have **** to do otherwise. It might make a dude seem pathetic, but sometimes
not always
there's a really interesting person behind that social wall.

I'd like to point out this goes for girls, too; dealing with the **** myself, I've seen it in both genders. Just being more accepting can help a lot of people out, and even make you seem more appealing to guys/girls you are interested in. Don't just demand that other people improve themselves; make sure you improve your own outlook, too.

You know who I have an extreme distaste for?

Gamers who admit they're girls, or gamers who admit they're guys.

No one, and I mean absolutely no one, gives a flying crap about your gender except those pathetic neckbeards who hit on gurrrrl gamers.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I just want to say that I found this offensive.

He is dressed kinda funny, but Dhalsim isn't "emaciated looking". He appears to be a fit guy with toned muscles. He can also make any part of his body longer(obvious plus).

On a more serious note, I hate when people behave that way as well.

I hate when a girl is spending HER FATHER's money on me on a date. GET A JOB *****!

I hate when girls would rather buy shoes than get me a steak.I NEED FOOD *****!

Nothing wrong with the girl I keep in my basement, but he IS starting to get a little skinny. So I'm with you on 2 and 3 I suppose.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I should point out that HaileyM doesn't ***** and moan about girl generalizations and instead improved to the point that she took a game off Lucky at RoM3 and easily made it out of her pool.

People respect her for being a smasher not for being a girl.

I swear to many girls tryin to have it both ways, want to be respected as a player but looking always to be the best FEMALE smasher.

That's why Hailey's got all the bro's and we chillin on it :D

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
What if you are in an area like me and there are no jobs to be had?
I have worked small jobs like a farm hand, fill in waiter, fill in store clerk and warehouse boy but I have yet to have a full time job. In my area, the adults take all of the unskilled labor (most of em drugies). I have to wait for summer to get some work because that's when **** starts happening.

My dating career probably looks pathetic to you then. It's mainly been watching movies at each others house, movie theater on occasion, walking by the river (pick one lol), getting a milk shake and watching the sun set or just hiking. It's not the money that you spend on each other it is the time.
If I have no money left (which is rare) my father might slip me a few bucks to go have a good time.
You gotta realize something though.... you females are expensive!

I do however agree with you, if someone would rather buy video games or something like that instead of taking you out to dinner then I would probably label them as selfish.
ie Dork #1 only has $30. Female Companion #1 requests dinner. Dork #1 uses excuse. Dork #1 buys Sonic's Lethal and Exciting Adventure. Dork #1 is out of juice. Dork #1 requests blow job.

ps I took 3 Lithuanians girls to dinner at the same time this summer (one of the reasons why my sig is 1/3 Lithuanian and bares the Lithuanian flag colors). When we walked out someone jokingly said that I was his hero. lol
And yes, I worked for all of that money.

I do have to agree with the fat and under weight thing. These two seem to go hand in hand with basement dwellers. They are not all the same though. My best friend went into a depression this past fall and all he done was watch netflix on my account (the main reason why I didn't close it lol) and play xbox (mainly netflix). He has a high metabolism and is very skinny. So he was the skinny guy he never saw the light of day (unless I or another friend dragged him out of the house). The Navy was shipping him early (5 months early) and he was not ready to say good bye to his family, his dog, me or anything. Is he a someone who you should avoid? Hell no, he's a great guy. I'd take a bullet for that mother ****er.
He was just depressed.
So even that outlook can be a stereotype. For the most part though, they are like that cuz they are lazy sons of *****es.

:EDIT:
*To people calling this blog offensive*
Keep in mind that you can be in two different cultures. While fun to mess with for trolling, it should be taken seriously time to time. In a place like Cali things move faster than where a live and if you aren't slim and active you get poor labels. Where I live everything shuts down for the winter. Everyone stays inside and pretty much everyone puts on a few pounds. It is ugly and cold outside and the sky is almost always gray. So around here hibernating as we call it, is normal.
She could be from a much more fast pace culture.
Then again, she could have just had bad run ins. It all varies.

:EDIT #2:
He can also make any part of his body longer(obvious plus).
LMFAO!!!! I literately burst out laughing.
You my good sir, win.

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
So you complain about stereotypes and yet try to label gamers into a combination of 5 of them...
This sounds more like a rant more than anything...I mean, I have no problem with any female gamers but I guess everyone cant look past gender these days. If I may say so myself, this attests more to what you choose in a man more than men themselves.

Anyway, from what I read it sounds like you should try dating people who aren't gamers and hopefully you'll find a guy who isn't in one of these categories and is enough of an anomaly that fits what you're looking for in a man. Best of luck to you...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
LOL fun read! I don't fall under any of these, but I sorta used to be a number 5 when I was younger cause I wanted to be the bess that no one ever was. I was 18-19 and my eyes were too focused on the prize when I didn't realize I already had one. =/

Lesson learned and many years later :)

I never really believed in girl stereotypes because I used to game at this really famous arcade center(CTF) in NYC where even girls would be there wrecking dudes in MvC2 and other fighters and they were really attractive imo
But you're black, that's far worse than any other stereotype mentioned in this blog.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
5. Guys who won't even spend money on their girl because they use it for video games, MMs, tournies, ect.
Wowwww, nice unwarranted self importance honey. Protip, expecting a guy to spend money on you makes you a ***** <-- that word starts with a 'w'.

Reading stuff like this, I remember that sometimes it's good to be gay.

Edit: Just read Jam's post and spat coke all over my monitor. Thanks for that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Srsly though this girl says she's all legit looking.

Pix or I'm callin' buuuuuuuuuuuuuuull****. :denzel:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I support this blog, it's time for guys to stop discriminating and stereotyping like there's no tomorrow, look at the mirror first you fatasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Okay screw it, hopping to upgrade.

Cute white boy, definitely not a gamer stereotype amirite.

Hothot gimmegimme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom