• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark.Pch and Bum Presenets ~ Imperial Era 3 ~ March 26 ~

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh man, here we go again. We and Bum back to teaming up. You know what that mean. Another tourny. now this tournies date is not official. We have not set a date yet. But it will indeed be in a month. This will be much better than the one on saturday. Like to thank those again that came to my tourny and supported it. Now let me just get the boring **** out the way:

Address:

Address - 955 E 163rd st apt 5J. (Bronx)

You can take the 2 and 5 train to intervale ave, get out the side of westchester. Get out the stairs. walk to the corner, then make a left on the corner walk to the next corner. When you reach that corner make a left on till you reach Kelly. Cross the street and you will see a building with balconies which is the building.

Time:
12:00pm - 12:00am

Price:
Venue fee: 10 (includes food/drinks)
Singles: 5

Rules:

Brawl Rule Set:
All matches must be played using the following rule set:
1.General:
■Three (3) stock.
■Eight (8) minute time limit.
■All items off.
■If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
■If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
■If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
■If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
■If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
■Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
■Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
■Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. No player must grab the ledge more than 40 times in a game, with the exception of a player using the Ice Climbers, for whom the limit is raised to 60 ledge grabs. If, and only if, the timer runs out and either player has exceeded the total ledge grabs, they lose the game, regardless of stocks and percents. If both players exceed the ledge-grab limit, then the usual time-out rules will apply.

2.The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:
■Battlefield
■Final Destination
Lylat
■Smashville
■Yoshi's Island

3.Stage striking will be used to select the first stage. The lower ranked player will strike first, choosing a stage from the neutrals list to remove from consideration for the first round. The higher ranked player chooses two stages to remove from consideration for the first round. The lower ranked player then eliminates one of the two remaining stages from consideration, and the first round is played on the last remaining stage.

4.The loser of the first game will then ask the winner to ban a stage. They must do so, or their counterpick is invalidated.The loser may then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary.

5.When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
■Battleship Halberd
■Brinstar
■Castle Siege
■Delfino Plaza
■Frigate Orpheon
■Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
■Pictochat
■Rainbow Cruise

6.Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.

7.You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.

■If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
■The game will still be played on the same stage.
■The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
■The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
■King Dedede must dash before re-grabbing an opponent after a down-throw, unless the situation would allow King Dedede to regrab his opponent because of a facet of the stage, as in the case of a wall infinite.
■Infinite grabs (aside from the earlier mentioned situation with King Dedede), jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To make it bigger than before. Tell your mom, your grandma, friends, your dog, he might know people too. And get hype kids. Cause Imperial Era 3 is coming, and we are about to get it in.

Also a word from bum himself, for those that might complain or not like the venue fee prices cause its in ones house:

i am providing a stream... comfortable environment and reviving a dead tournament scene in nyc. not only that i been obtaining equipment such as chairs, tables, systems, webcams and wires just to improve on our scene. it's not like the money is for me. people shouldn't be concern whether it's in a house or school... at the end you are playing the game which whether you go for fun or the thrill of competition in which alot of venues don't even have chairs for everyone and only have like 3 systems in which i have ten that are all mine. Once i can acquire a venue then i will host within that venue.

Look at all the venues that have been lost in NYC including the recent famous CTF. At a time like this... people shouldn't be concern about where the tournament is being held at or the venue fee might be a problem cause it's in a house... but the fact that there is a place that can hold tournaments for whatever game it is within a comfortable place. Like i said once i get a place... i will host tournaments within that place... but why not my house if i can do it their and people are having a good time.

So there you have it, for those that have their doubts or complaints. But this weekend, none complained.So thats great. If anything, it might be the 26 of March. But it is not set in stone yet. i will indeed keep you updated. if it is not on the 26, then it might be a week after. or 2 cause tony T is hosting his tourny.

Get hype dammit >:[

Allisbrawl link:
Oh man, here we go again. We and Bum back to teaming up. You know what that mean. Another tourny. now this tournies date is not official. We have not set a date yet. But it will indeed be in a month. This will be much better than the one on saturday. Like to thank those again that came to my tourny and supported it. Now let me just get the boring **** out the way:

Address:

Address - 955 E 163rd st apt 5J. (Bronx)

You can take the 2 and 5 train to intervale ave, get out the side of westchester. Get out the stairs. walk to the corner, then make a left on the corner walk to the next corner. When you reach that corner make a left on till you reach Kelly. Cross the street and you will see a building with balconies which is the building.

Time:
12:00pm - 12:00am

Price:
Venue fee: 7
Singles: 5

Rules:

Brawl Rule Set:
All matches must be played using the following rule set:
1.General:
■Three (3) stock.
■Eight (8) minute time limit.
■All items off.
■If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
■If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
■If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
■If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
■If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
■Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
■Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
■Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. No player must grab the ledge more than 40 times in a game, with the exception of a player using the Ice Climbers, for whom the limit is raised to 60 ledge grabs. If, and only if, the timer runs out and either player has exceeded the total ledge grabs, they lose the game, regardless of stocks and percents. If both players exceed the ledge-grab limit, then the usual time-out rules will apply.

2.The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:
■Battlefield
■Final Destination
Lylat
■Smashville
■Yoshi's Island

3.Stage striking will be used to select the first stage. The lower ranked player will strike first, choosing a stage from the neutrals list to remove from consideration for the first round. The higher ranked player chooses two stages to remove from consideration for the first round. The lower ranked player then eliminates one of the two remaining stages from consideration, and the first round is played on the last remaining stage.

4.The loser of the first game will then ask the winner to ban a stage. They must do so, or their counterpick is invalidated.The loser may then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary.

5.When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
■Battleship Halberd
■Brinstar
■Castle Siege
■Delfino Plaza
■Frigate Orpheon
■Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
■Pictochat
■Rainbow Cruise

6.Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.

7.You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.

■If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
■The game will still be played on the same stage.
■The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
■The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
■King Dedede must dash before re-grabbing an opponent after a down-throw, unless the situation would allow King Dedede to regrab his opponent because of a facet of the stage, as in the case of a wall infinite.
■Infinite grabs (aside from the earlier mentioned situation with King Dedede), jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I would like people to vote for something dealing with the venue fee. For now, the venue fee and entry is gonna be the same. But here is some other choices I need people to vote on:

- 7 dollar venue fee and 7 dollar entry fee.
- 10 dollar venue fee in which you get free pizza, wings and drinks and 5 dollar entry fee
- 10 dollar venue fee including what i said and 10 dollar entry fee.

So vote on these and let me know what you want. if you just want it the same as IE2, then just say so. Now go and spread this tourny. To make it bigger than before. Tell your mom, your grandma, friends, your dog, he might know people too. And get hype kids. Cause Imperial Era 3 is coming, and we are about to get it in.

Also a word from bum himself, for those that might complain or not like the venue fee prices cause its in ones house:

i am providing a stream... comfortable environment and reviving a dead tournament scene in nyc. not only that i been obtaining equipment such as chairs, tables, systems, webcams and wires just to improve on our scene. it's not like the money is for me. people shouldn't be concern whether it's in a house or school... at the end you are playing the game which whether you go for fun or the thrill of competition in which alot of venues don't even have chairs for everyone and only have like 3 systems in which i have ten that are all mine. Once i can acquire a venue then i will host within that venue.

Look at all the venues that have been lost in NYC including the recent famous CTF aka Chinatown Fair. At a time like this... people shouldn't be concern about where the tournament is being held at or the venue fee might be a problem cause it's in a house... but the fact that there is a place that can hold tournaments for whatever game. It is within a comfortable place. Like I said once I get a place... I will host tournaments within that place... but why not my house for now if i can do it there and people are having a good time. Any questions you want to ask me... Hit me up on Aim = oni163 or Find me on Facebook = Johnathan163@myspace.com

So there you have it, for those that have their doubts or complaints. But this weekend, none complained.So thats great. If anything, it might be the 26 of March. But it is not set in stone yet. i will indeed keep you updated. if it is not on the 26, then it might be a week after. or 2 cause tony T is hosting his tourny.

Get hype dammit >:[

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11585
Link on AiB

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Wait, Dark.Pch, this is the same day as my tourney in South River, NJ. I don't want our tournies to conflict with each other. Is there anything we can do?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Word! I'm in here, and this time getting first ;)
I don't think so. Cause this time I am not gonna lose to you. This time you are gonna see a Peach you have yet to deal with. And lose with your beloved broken character.

Wait, Dark.Pch, this is the same day as my tourney in South River, NJ. I don't want our tournies to conflict with each other. Is there anything we can do?
This is not really an official date. it might be this day or the week after. Me and bum gonna see what is up. But ether way I doubt NJ heads would come out here to my Tourny. So I think your event will be safe. Along with mines.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
:c
"i am providing a stream... comfortable environment and reviving a dead tournament scene in nyc. not only that i been obtaining equipment such as chairs, tables, systems, webcams and wires just to improve on our scene. it's not like the money is for me. people shouldn't be concern whether it's in a house or school... at the end you are playing the game which whether you go for fun or the thrill of competition in which alot of venues don't even have chairs for everyone and only have like 3 systems in which i have ten that are all mine."

:bee:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
"10 dollar venue fee including what i said and 10 dollar entry fee."

I vote this. I want hot wings and stuff. :D

Also can we consider MP2 this time around?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Mp2 can be done before the tournament for those want actually want to do it. People ALWAYS show up like an hour late anyways x__x

Serious question
Can this be a metaknight banned tournament?
I can make it a meta bann toury. If enough people vote for it then meta knight will be banned. People need to speak up.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
I heavily agree for MK banned.

After all, we should try it at least once. Let's do it D. Pch.

Jtails

Smash Lord
lol heavy do whatever you want, I'll still win.
make it a low tier tournament if you must

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heavily disagree on mk ban. Obv.

Me and jtails are the only mks who come to this anyway >_>
lol heavy do whatever you want, I'll still win.
make it a low tier tournament if you must
You 2 seem butt hurt cause the most broken and cheap character in the game might be gone.

And J, you aint winning.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This is not really an official date. it might be this day or the week after. Me and bum gonna see what is up. But ether way I doubt NJ heads would come out here to my Tourny. So I think your event will be safe. Along with mines.
Btw, don't worry about HG's bimonthly being on the same date at this anymore. HG's Bimonthly is currently postponed till a future date is announced.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Btw, don't worry about HG's bimonthly being on the same date at this anymore. HG's Bimonthly is currently postponed till a future date is announced.
Ether way I was not worried cause I doubt NJ would come to my tourny to be honest.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm really wanting to try this meta bann out cause I dont think it has ever been done around here. Then again, it would not make much of a difference cause we only have 2 metas here. Well three with that snivy dude. And none of them got first at my tourny.

I decided there is not gonan be a vote on this. But I will think about it and see if I would bann meta at this tourny. But again, it will not make much of a difference if I did. Just that three players that did not get first at my last one would ether not enter of use someone else.

Ether way don't bother me, meta is just another character for me to beat up, not ***** about and move on.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
One more thing I forgot to add. This event will be singles only. Last time people said they were coming and half did not show. And the ones that did show, they did not wanna do teams. So we just had singles.

Now I can have singles and after that side events or friendlies till people have to leave. or a side event such as mid tiers tourny. Which will only be 5. People ned to speak up.

Jtails

Smash Lord
lol dark peach im not butt hurt at all, did you read my post? I said take him out, and i'll still win :p

Keitaro

Ether way I was not worried cause I doubt NJ would come to my tourny to be honest.
I was meaning to mention this a while ago.

Although nj may not come to your tourney, some NY were planning on coming to HG's. If you can't avoid choosing a date that's the same as another NJ/NY regional then its understandable. But if you can then please in the future try to not plan a tourney date the same day as another nj/nyc tourney.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is not an official date. The tourny may happen on this day or if not, the following weekend. Ether way, I have alot of people coming to this. So I really would not care to much of the other cool kids in the community was to ditch this tourny for the one in NJ.

Keitaro

Thats not really what I was trying to get at though. Besides your view of everything, there's the community itself and having 2 tournies on the same day less than an hour away is never good for any community.

Given there are some players that will choose your tourney over the other and some that will choose the other tourney over yours, but its just easier for everyone if you click the calender link at the top on smashboards and see what date is available. When you chose this date, the week before was available, even the week before that, including the week after this tourney, and the week after that.

In the end its your decision what you wanna do. I was just making suggestions that would help the rest of us.

Also in the summer hopefully I can come by to one of these. Too busy with school atm sadly.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I really hope this does happen on the 26. Since you said you'll possibly have a side event after singles, does that mean singles will around 8? :) also for side event i dont mind low tier

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No, Singles will start first. If people will want to enter doubles I will do that first. Last time I had doubles people did not wanna enter. So just did singles only.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The tourny might end like at 12 am since I don't think bum is doing anything. And its offical. This is the date the tourny will be on. I spoke with bum and it's set.

Also, based on the votes I got from people, venue fee is 10 bucks. Which includes food/drinks for everyone. And entry fee is 5 bucks

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The poll has finished up. And what people voted is 10 venue fee (which includes food and 5 dollar entrance. On saturday, I will ask who wants to do teams. Cause last time I had teams added but none wanted to enter. So right now it is just singles.

Singles I will kick this off at 1PM. if people wanna do doubles, I will start doubles first. Then 30 min break before singles.

Top Bottom