• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA $5 $5 $5 House tournament

Aposl

Smash Ace
No tournament this weekend so, HERE WE GO!

Contact me if You have any questions

Aposl's Cell: 410-446-6546

Date: March 12th 2011

Venue:

My House!

Address

10202 Bignonia Drive, Laurel, MD 20707

Games/Events

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles

Schedule

10:00 AM: Doors Open
11:00 AM Sign Ups Start
11:30 PM: Doubles Start
3:30 PM: Second Call for Singles Sign Ups
4:00 PM: Singles Start

Prices

Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team

Payouts for all events:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules

House Rules: If you come over and a certain room or area is told to you to be off limits and you go there or are seen there, you are leaving, if you didn't drive here, your whole car is leaving. The strictness of this rule will be left to my own discretion.

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

Items are set to "off" and "none"

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
First round consists of players choosing their characters. During this time either player can call for a double blind pick . The first stage will then be determined by the stage striking method. One player strikes one stage and then the next player strikes two stages. Next, the original player chooses a stage out of the final two that are available to him or her.(If both players can't agree on who strikes first a best 2/3 game of rock, paper, scissors will be played. The winner chooses who goes first.) After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counter picks.
Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set unless your opponent agrees to it.
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Lylat

Game Play Rules:
The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then the participating player Who has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur. This rule does not apply to doubles.
Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but are not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, and Marth's standing infinite chain grab on Ness and Lucas
All Ice Climber chain grabs are legal until after their opponent is over 250%.
Meta knight's Infinite cape exploit is banned
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round
Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If you pause the match during a game or do any of the previous aforementioned banned tactics that were not prescribed a punishment then you must forfeit your current stock. Your opponent can choose to let you keep your stock

Doubles:

Same standard rules and stages as singles.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
Stock sharing is allowed.
Team Attack is on
There is no ledge grab limit in doubles

Venue Rules
Respect the Venue
Don't leave trash lying around(There will be trash cans and a recycling bin)
Smoke outside away from the doors
Don't be loud and obscene(This doesn't mean you can't get hyped about a match)

Coney

Smash Master
cool!

i'll be busy most of the day, until like 4 or so, so i won't make singles, but i'd still like to play with you guys and get practice before whobo :X

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Dang, this tournament happened last year?

Aposl

Smash Ace
I dont really care about house tournaments personally, this isnt meant to be important, or big, just for whoever wants to come.

Coney

Smash Master
i was gonna ask if anyone wanted to hold a smashfest actually, glad someone did it, hahah

for this, matthew, i will bestow upon you at least two hours of ddd/pt practice

not that it matters because that matchup is SO TERRIBLE

Aposl

Smash Ace
At the end of the dark tunnel shines a faint glimmer of hope, but do I have the strength to make it there?

Deez.

Smash Lord
Might go if nothing else better to do... Lie teams? >_> lol saw that Link last tournament and was really feelin the connection. ^_^ lol. but no seriously teams? XD

ChouDa

Smash Rookie
Yo!

So a friend and I will be in the area, lucky i checked the boards today. With that said, we wanted to know more about the sign ups.

For singles, I'm a bit confused about second call sign ups. If we want to do singles, can we just come at 3 and sign up? Just want to be clear.

Also, we can use GC controllers, right?

I would have called with these questions, but you're missing the last digit of your phone numbers on the first post. Thanks for the help.

- JC

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
^^the last digit is 6

yes you can just come at 3 and sign up. I would suggest you come earlier just in case we start singles early though

Aposl

Smash Ace
Chu Dat cant come but Chou Da is welcome as hell!

And Chu, if that is you, this was a joke, dont call me to ask if you can come, you can.

@ Coney, Damn man I know PT is Mid Tier, but thats what you think of me as well? LOL

Coney

Smash Master
dude i stand by my statement

PT is THE WORST character in the game

i haven't been swayed by that in like, two years of playing brawl

the ONLY HALF-DECENT character is squirtle, and EVEN THEN if you just run away from the little ******* HE GETS ALL TUCKERED OUT AND PUT TO BED

PT IS TERRIBLE

though i see you've been getting a whole hell of a lot better with him! you, matt, are more of a hero than any ganon main, at least their character is good

ChouDa

Smash Rookie
I have no idea who Chu is, but thanks for the info. Appreciate the quick response.

We might see you on Saturday, depending on how the rest of the day plays out. Regardless, make your head count for singles +2. :D

- JC

ChouDa

Smash Rookie
Oh, and I've been to small tourneys before, but only recently decided that maybe it's time to start actively seeking Smash talent. So that's why my post counts so low.

...pretty excited.

Coney

Smash Master
yeah, is it even worth it to come later?

also you can't really complain, it was only like, a day and a half in advance

Aposl

Smash Ace
no, right now its noid, hat, logic, aposl, gimr, unknown, and hangin out!

ChouDa

Smash Rookie
I can't come. Unfortunately we have to prep for a party tonight. We're down in College Park, look for doctors and nurses.

Say ChouDa Invited you.

And no, I'm not Chu. I edited that pic to look like me. It's pixel art from some guy on Deviant art that drew final fantasy characters. I just changed it to look more... asian. Lol

- JC

Top Bottom