• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Meta Knight's Tornado

PZ

Smash Lord
You forgot to mention falcon punch but thats even less reliable then the less reliables.:glare: but willz got this!

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
F-smash, nair, jab can also break up tornado; however, nair is not really reliable and jab can only break grounded tornado. Awesome stuff Lordy. :) This new upb is going to help a lot.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Excellent video man. I actually loved the editing too, nice job :)

I actually never try countering MK's Tornado, I just wait it out and then punish the ending lag. Guess that with this video things will change :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I was testing Captain Falcon's Utilt against Tornado and I saw what it can do, but I'm really used to just shielding and punishing the ending lag I don't get a chance to really try it out.

Lots of Mk players in Texas know how to nado me at the right time, I guess it's when they do it randomly is when I'll execute some of the tactics in your video.

We appreciate the help Lord Helmet. It'll definitely go to great use for me.

Hey Pyscho Ace, do you plan on going to the next Phase? Denti and I are hosting our new Fort Worth Revolution tournament this coming weekend and I really want to see you there man. It'll be nice to do some ditto's and to get some personal advice/tips from you.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Is slaps running the phases now? That would be more likely for me and my buddy to attend. This weekend is no bueno for us, it's his birthday and his girlfriend is throwing him a huge *** party. Other wise I would totally be there I miss talking to Denti lol.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Of course MKs that really know how to abuse nado will make it very hard for you to punish.

With the "discovery" of me finding out Up-B beats it I was just like "I'm gonna make a ****in' video".

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I also "discovered" something else, lordhelmet. In brinstar and Castle Siege, if you sweetspot-knee the columns or the statues when there's a MK-Nado nearby, guess who goes flying due to the extended hitbox? :p

(plus, the columns in brinstar make for great edge-guarders if you use them this way)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
LORDHELMET WE NEED SOME WAY TO BEAT MK'S NEW INFINITE NOW! STAT!

:( we're screwed/tornadoed.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Is slaps running the phases now? That would be more likely for me and my buddy to attend. This weekend is no bueno for us, it's his birthday and his girlfriend is throwing him a huge *** party. Other wise I would totally be there I miss talking to Denti lol.
Slaps is still running the Phase tournaments, but I don't know of any details on the next one.

If this is a successful tournament (which it will be because it's attracting Denton, Fort Worth, Dallas, Euless, and other areas) we'll be doing it more often and it'll give you a chance to experience the next one.

Oh yes there will be Street Fighter and other old school games like Ape Escape and stuff, Im' bringing it as side entertainment. I can't just play brawl all day I'll get bored...plus I bought Dissidia 2 so I'll be super busy :D

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
That would a valid escape, specially when you're near the ledge and he needs to roll towards you. Thanks.

(I'm not likely to encounter any MK using this, but thanks anyway lol)

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
i already destroy the face of meta knight players, but know that you discovered another way to best MK it will be worse for those cheap MK players.

A.K.A i´ve also discovered that with frame delay, you can sweetspot the knee on a enemy that moves towards you while you´re kneeing someone else at same time (and captain falcon final smash can take out 2 stocks from any oponent at same time on mushroomy kingdom)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
(What the hell is frame delay?)

One problem with your theory, man: you're not supposed to be able to hit an enemy and hit another at the same time... unless you're playing teams. Also, Captain Falcon's Final Smash is too good, no ATs required to use it :p

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
(What the hell is frame delay?)

One problem with your theory, man: you're not supposed to be able to hit an enemy and hit another at the same time... unless you're playing teams. Also, Captain Falcon's Final Smash is too good, no ATs required to use it :p
oh, my bad it´s called "Freeze frame" also know as "impact stall" you can hit another guy that goes towards you with a sweetspotted knee if you´re already kneeing someone, the bromel is if that other enemy is really near you, it´s something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CHMuXNtOSE

yet that´s also called "active hitbox" and BTW there exist a term called "frame delay" http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Frame_delay

PZ

Smash Lord
The vid should be self explanatory and one the boards frame delay is called hitlag I think.

If the vid didnt answer ur question utilt and suprisingly falcon punch work wonders but does are the only two ik of. Sounds like you still nubbing in the game so any mk you face aint any good.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
9000, I don't think you understood me. I meant that abusing hitlag + knee works a LOT better when you consider brinstar's gooey columns, instead of, you know, another opponent.

Having another opponent to hit (easily) is pretty impossible in a 1v1 :p and we're still discussing 1v1s (duels), right?

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
9000, I don't think you understood me. I meant that abusing hitlag + knee works a LOT better when you consider brinstar's gooey columns, instead of, you know, another opponent.

Having another opponent to hit (easily) is pretty impossible in a 1v1 :p and we're still discussing 1v1s (duels), right?
oh i get it, still you don´t totally need to be kneeing someone else to do the freeze frame thing because it also works with some items that can be knee´d, one day i was having a 1vs1 with my friend david but he loves smashballs so we put them on, i sweetspoted the knee on the smashball at same time he jumped towards me and ended up being trapped in the extended hitbox.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
lordhelmet, don't hate on the guy, at least he's bringing more activity to this board, lol.

Yeah 9000, that (by coincidence) happened to me yesterday too, in a FFA. It's a known fact. But you misunderstood me again: brinstar's columns ALSO extend the hitbox. As do Castle Siege's statues, too.

In layman's terms: when you connect Falcon's knee/fair, the electrical special effects also extend the hitbox, and if you're lucky you may hit something else.

(the keyword here is -lucky-. You simply can't include that into the metagame because it's so damn hard to do on purpose)

In any case it's good to know that at least you're playing 1v1s now, hehe.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
lordhelmet, don't hate on the guy, at least he's bringing more activity to this board, lol.

Yeah 9000, that (by coincidence) happened to me yesterday too, in a FFA. It's a known fact. But you misunderstood me again: brinstar's columns ALSO extend the hitbox. As do Castle Siege's statues, too.

In layman's terms: when you connect Falcon's knee/fair, the electrical special effects also extend the hitbox, and if you're lucky you may hit something else.

(the keyword here is -lucky-. You simply can't include that into the metagame because it's so damn hard to do on purpose)

In any case it's good to know that at least you're playing 1v1s now, hehe.
haha, i wasn´t mean to include it to the metagame, i just wanted to point that out, and it´s kind of funny to think about it:

falco: ZOMG! SMASH BALL!!! *flies to it*

C.falcon: *sweetspot knee to the smashball*

falco: what dah...? *gets caught in hitbox* *lost a stock*

*3 seconds later*

C.falcon: COME ONE! BLUE FALCON!

falco: *lost another stock*

falco player: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Top Bottom