• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa ft. KAGE, BAM, ally, holy, raynex, vwins, unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Welcome back everyone!

Gaming Ottawa has done it again by organizing an amazing event for an April/May monthly console tournament! Many of the details are the same but Gaming Ottawa is changing some things to simplify and improve. MvC3 is in the roster, and due to popular demand they have added a BlazBlue tournament! Numerous successful and returning events are being held, so you can expect to see a healthy representation for Smash and SSF4. All the details are below, keep in mind that details are subject to change.

GO Presents: the April/May Console Fighter Tournament
When: Saturday May 7th 2011
Where: St. Anthony's Banquet Hall @ 523 St. Anthony St, Ottawa, ON (LLBO Licensed, Liquor sold on-site)
Cost: Spectators are FREE, Participants are REQUIRED to pay a $5 venue fee plus whatever entry fees for tournaments (details for entry fees under individual tournaments)
What to Bring: Yourself and your controller (we will not guarantee spare controllers, so make sure you bring your own), spare cash (just in case)

Tournaments:
1. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Singles (Xbox 360)
Entry Fee: $5 per entrant
Tournament Format: Round-robin pool play followed by a double-elimination bracket
Match Format:
- Best of 3 games per match
- Best of 5 games per semi-final match
- Best of 5 games for the grand-finals

2. Super Street Fighter 4 Singles (Xbox 360)
Tournament Format: Round-robin pool play followed by a double-elimination bracket
Match Format:

3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles (Wii)
Entry Fee: $10 per entrant
Match Format:
- 3 Stock, best of 3 games per match
- 3 Stock, best of 5 games per semi-final/finals match

4. Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles (Wii)
Entry Fee: $20 per team
Tournament Format: Double-elimination bracket
Match Format:
- 3 Stock, best of 3 games per match
- 3 Stock, best of 5 games per semi-final/finals match

5. Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles (GC)
Entry Fee: $10 per entrant
Match Format:
- 4 Stock, best of 3 games per match
- 4 Stock, best of 5 games per semi-final/finals match

6. Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles (GC)
Entry Fee: $20 per team
Tournament Format: Double-elimination bracket
Match Format:
- 4 Stock, best of 3 games per match
- 4 Stock, best of 5 games per semi-final/finals match

7. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Singles (Xbox 360)
Match Format:

Prize Distributions:
- ALL pots will be comprised solely of entry fees for their particular tournament
- Distributions will follow a 70/20/10 split for 1st/2nd/3rd place

Schedule of Play
Tournaments will be separated into two blocks starting this month and you will only be allowed to enter AT MOST one event per block, this excludes singles/doubles events for Smash games (i.e. one could enter Melee singles and doubles in addition to a block B tournament even though Melee tournaments are in a single block). We are changing the format this month to avoid delays caused by entrants involved in all tournaments. These blocks are subject to change if we find that there is too much crossover in the individual blocks but those announcements will be made apparent when they happen. Here are your blocks for the April/May tournament:

-Block A tournaments: MvC3 and SSB:M
-Block B tournaments: SSF4, BB:CS, SSB:B

Schedule of Play
To be Updated!

Note: The venue will be available to around 12am-1am on Sunday for free-play or MMs

General Rules:
- No drugs at the venue!
- No turbo buttons
- Any breaks in gameplay, deliberate or not, will award a decision to the player NOT responsible for the break, to either restart the round or accept the round win
- Disturbances must be reported the moment they occur. If both players resume play consensually, there will be no reverse judgment on the results. Judges reserve the right to make a final call on any issues
- Don't be a ****

Game Specific Rules
Please refer to the individual posts in the specific game's forum:
For Brawl/Melee: Brawl Post
For SSF4: SSF4 Post
For BlazBlue: BlazBlue Post
For MvC3: MvC3 Post

- Please note that this post contains the most up-to-date info we have on the event. The posts mentioned above are only to provide supplementary information about a specific game's rules for the tournament

- All double-elimination tournaments are 32-participant max brackets. Should more than 32 entrants be participating in any tournament, the top 32 players, based on pool performance, will be advanced to the next bracket.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, there is a limit to the number of events you can join.
The games are grouped into two blocks, and each participant wil only be able to compete in one from each block.

Block A: MVC3, Melee
Block B: SSF4, Brawl, BB:CS

I'm pretty sure how that's how they are grouped. I'll be entering the MVC3 competition, so I can't compete in Melee. But I'm most definitely down for friendlies, and I look forward to seeing some familiar faces.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, there is a limit to the number of events you can join.
The games are grouped into two blocks, and each participant wil only be able to compete in one from each block.

Block A: MVC3, Melee
Block B: SSF4, Brawl, BB:CS

I'm pretty sure how that's how they are grouped. I'll be entering the MVC3 competition, so I can't compete in Melee. But I'm most definitely down for friendlies, and I look forward to seeing some familiar faces.
I'll look into this more for you, what they have done in the past is have doubles for Smash first, then having MvC3 and Smash singles at the same time, they aren't in separate rooms, and everything is on a PA system, so it might be possible to participate in both....

Like I said, I'll look into it for you. You can definitely do Melee doubles, at the very least.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'd so be down to come but I've already paid for and am going to CUTC.

Sorry pplz

Ministry

Smash Ace
yeah il probably come, toronto, some of u can crash at my house, should have the power switch on my house turned on by then

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Ill be at this for sure. Brawl singles & doubles and probably mvc.

Swordgard you should definately get down here for this ( and all you other out of towners too!) It will be epic.

In terms of equipment, my household can provide 3 tvs and an xbox +mvc as usual, and one wii+brawl. The second wii's laser is dead...

buenob

Smash Lord
We are considering making Brawl singles $10 too, we just don't know if that will alienate the local players... I'll get back to you guys asap on this!

Marvel always has the largest attendance (since it is the newest) and I know that a lot of the good players at other games are pretty damn good at marvel too. It's just too hard to keep things going if like half the A side is still playing another game. We are pretty sure that melee will have the least overlap with MVC3 in terms of participants, so that's how we scheduled the tournaments. If it turns out that's not the case, we will change it for next time :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
On the contrary I think only 5$ entry will alienate players, I know for sure mtl will not come for chump change, it's simply not worth it anymore.

tect

Smash Journeyman
The starting times have not been finalized as of yet, but Melee WILL end on Saturday. There seems to be some confusion here, so, to clarify, there are NO EVENTS happening on SUNDAY. Everything will be done on Saturday, the start/end time at the top says 03/08 as in Sunday at 1 am, when everything is already OVER. =)

I'll keep this thread up to date as more vital information is made available to me, but I think it's safe to say right now that participants are encouraged to arrive around 11:00 am on Saturday. The doors to the venue officially open at that time, and everyone has to register inside the games room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom