• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bored with friends? Play a C-falc Title Match!

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Hey Melee Boards!

Me and some of my close friends have developed something that I thought I'd share with the rest of the melee players that we call a Captain Falcon Title Match. We started doing it for our love of Captain Falcon and it its now something we do every time we meet. It's probably the best way you can spend an hour of your life with 1-3 other people.

RULES

- 99 stocks, no time limit.
- Everyone must be Captain Falcon
- Damage is set to 1.6 ratio
- No items
- Free For All
- 3-4 Players is suggested, though if you're really hardcore you can do a 1v1
- Not only must the level be Hyrule Temple, you must always be/fight in the "cave" (see below)

"The cave" is the entire area circled in red, and "the pillar" is just the very small platform circled to the right. See more about the pillar below

You can only fight in the cave. When you spawn, you just run straight down to the cave and continue fighting. If you are feeling some very epic chase that you think will end in glory and laughs then you can chase someone outside of the cave but it is generally considered that you do not leave the cave area (obviously being off the edge doesn't count; how else would you kill someone?) Since you normally last forever down in "the cave" if you've ever played matches down there, turning the damage up to 1.6 changes that quite drastically and makes things way more fun. You will get to see the fullest extent of melee's physics this way that is sure to ensue lol's.

That is the simple concept: it's a 99 stock fight down in that area only and the last man standing wins. The point of this is also to have something up for grabs; for us, the winner gets to use the "Bloodhawk" skin for the next match. You could do whatever you want though with your friends, such as buying dinner, money, food, bets, etc. etc.

Optional Rules

- The Pillar: Once you reach a certain life interval (set by players and agreed by everyone before/during the match), you must sit and wait on the pillar until everyone else reaches that interval except for one person (this would be the person who stayed alive the most until everyone was at that interval.) You cannot fight other people on the pillar until everyone comes down to the pillar. Once EVERYONE is down at the pillar, you now start fighting on ONLY THE PILLAR until another stock interval (once again set by players) where you then go back to the cave and do the same process.

**Example:** The first interval is 70 stocks. Player 1 gets down to 70 stocks so he goes and sits on the pillar while the fighting continues in the cave area. Player 3 then hits 70 so he waits with player 1 on the pillar NOT FIGHTING EACH OTHER while players 2 and 4 continue to duke it out. Player 2 then hits 70 stocks and he goes to the pillar. Player 4 who has 75 lives because he's a boss then goes down to the pillar. Once they're all at the pillar they fight until all but one person is at 50 stocks, and once each person hits 50 they go back to wait in the cave. They then go back to the pillar at 30 and then back to the cave at 20 until the match is over and one Falcon is standing.

I promise this whole process is way more simple than it sounds... Its a bit complicated to type I guess. While it is something that we just randomly threw in, we have decided to keep doing it as it sort of makes the game have "rounds" where the match has a slight reset to keep most of the people on the same playing field, while one person stands slightly above the rest. Plus its fun and it creates hype to see who ends up on top at the end of rounds and also to watch the two people fighting to be the last one between rounds. You do in fact fight ONLY on/around the pillar. You usually die very fast, sometimes just from a grab or two. Being very good at wall jumps and ceiling techs will increase your longevity a lot down here.

Optional Optional Rules

- Swooping: When you're on the pillar waiting for everyone else to join you, if someone gets knocked towards/onto the pillar, it is agreed that they are at your mercy (after all, you're invading Captain Falcons territory...) and the person on the pillar can try to kill the incoming C-falc. The incoming Falcon cannot fight back, they can only try to escape and make it back to the cave. This makes it so the person on the pillar has something to do while also adding more hilarity and hype to the match. If there are multiple people on the pillar, they can all swoop (just not each other, though accidents DO happen.)

Optional Optional Optional (but actually required) Rules

- If you are doing the pillar, once everyone finally goes down to the pillar, get in a line and have every player do "Show ya Moves" at the same time. This is basically to initiate the round (and because any match that involves fighting over Captain Falcon should include plenty of taunts.)

**Other Things**

- The power of 69: We have had this as a joke for a long time but apparently it is catching on in the smash community. Basically if you're at 69% OR 69 stocks then you are more powerful than normal. Beware of other players at any form of 69, and if you are at 69 then be sure to not blow it (no pun intended.)
- Double win: If you win the match at 69% then you essentially double win. Some prize should probably be awarded for such a great task.
- Triple win: If you some how manage to win the match at 69% AND 69 stocks then you are ****ing amazing and everyone you just played the match with has to quit smash.
- Hype: The point of this is to have fun and be ridiculous. It is very common for us to be yelling almost the entire time. Our matches often sound like this for a majority of the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc&feature=BFa&list=PL0B87A0751681244E&index=4
- Tech Skill: C-Falc Title Matches get you a lot better at wall jumping, wall techs, etc. mostly because of the increased damage/knockback ratio and spending most of the match in a box. If you aren't good at teching landings then you will die very quickly.
- FPC: If you have a Falcon Punch Collision, be sure that everyone is safe and consider calling 911.

I hope everyone tries this at least once. It is extremely fun and a good break from constant singles practice (which for some people can definitely cause frustration.) Post your thoughts and stories here!

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that this post is sort of a wall of text. I'm going to try and shrink it down as I'm sure most of you are reading this and going "wtf". I promise though, it will be worth your time.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I guess the title is missleading. Its supposed to mean bored and hanging out with friends.. not bored with how lame your friends are.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm being negative and not contributing but,

this looks really tedious and boring.
It is unless you yell out AT LEAST every other kill. It also helps to blast heavy metal music, or, if you're feeling particularly badass or satanical, Rebecca Black's "Friday." You must also taunt like a Falcon possessed. It also helps to name yourself after professional Falcons. I'm talkin' 'bout Scar vs. Jeff vs. Darkrain vs. Mango here. If that doesn't create lulz, nothing will.

Since it DOES last a long time, it is always a good idea to bring 7 different kinds of snack chips. Pizza is always a good option as well. And yeah, placing bets really helps, as long as it's nothing too big.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think iron man and around the world are the funnest mini games to play in smash because they are still competitive

idk i like playing smash for fun, but i don't like losing that competitive vibe.

D

Deleted member

played it. was awesome. would gladly do again.

did not exclude the pillar, but instead counted it as a part of the cave.

played one with all chars legal and 1.0 damage. sheik is alarmingly gay on this stage. like gayer than usual somehow. without an edge. did not understand.

Top Bottom