• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing Super Smash Bros. Brawl Event Challenges!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hello all and welcome to thread!
(I apologise if this is in the wrong place!)
Please open the first box if you're new here and read what this is all about

Ages ago, I was looking at the Event matches in 1p mode ages ago and thinking 'you know, it'd be cooler if there was more of these' so I had a think up of some event matches that they could have included

I'm quite fan of the Dissida Final Fantasy games and after stumbling across some videos, I noticed a forum dedicated to the games have come up with their own 'Event Match' style challenges

However, the clincher is that they have designed a points system to go with it. Completing a 'mission' earns you points, but completing extra challenges within the mission earn you more points. Obviously this makes things harder but you know what they say - points mean prizes! (or bragging rights)

This idea really inspired and I thought 'ooooh why not combine the two for Brawl?' and came up with this idea

How to play
It's simple really - open up the Collapse box below, scroll down to your desired character and open up their collapse box to see the various Events for them. Each event will have a difficulty out of 10 (which is subject to change if lots of people aren't happy about it) so I recommend if you're starting, you go for the easier ones to get the hang of it
All challenges are designed to be shorter than 3 minutes - that way, everyone can save replays of their achievements

Successfully completing the Event will earn you points! At the bare minimum the number points works out to be:

Initial points rewarded for a successful event = Difficulty * 100

Note: This is not the case for all Challenges - please read the descriptions carefully!
However, you can earn bonus points for an event by completing the Extra Challenges! These are marked in Green and the successfully completing the challenge along with the event will earn you more points!
Not only can you gain extra points, you can also lose them too so watch out!
These are marked in Red and you lose the number of points specified should you meet the criteria they set out! Make sure you check them out before taking up the Event!

Meeting the bonus criteria is not compulsory (unless otherwise stated). You can still win the event and earn the points for completing it, you just won't receive as many points as you chould. See how many points you can win!

The points system helps add a bit of competition to this, as well as offering extra challenges to those who want to complete them. The main aim of this is to have fun and maybe even learn a thing or two - if this actually goes somewhere, I will create more technical challenges in the hope to improve the average players tech skill

So without further ado...
Let the games begin! Good luck!

:mario2:

Going for Gold
2/10

Parasols, tissues and handbags - oh my! Thanks to modern technology, Mario has taken a step back in time to attempt a World Record of point grabbing on 75M. Of course, even with such time bending powers, some things never change...like 1 hit deaths and deadly enemies!
Objective
Collect as many points as you can (displayed at the top of the stage) on 75M
The Bonus points awarded for this challenge will be the points you earn on 75 m divided by 10 when the Game ends

Rules

- No Timer
- Special Brawl with 'Stamina' and 'Fixed Camera' turned on
- Items set to None and Off
- Three Opponents which must be Donkey Kong, Bowser and Wario all on the same team
- CPU Levels must all be set at Level 5
- Player Stamina must be set at 1
- Opponents Stamina must be set at 300
- Stage must be 75 m

Oh for FLUDD's sake
Difficulty 3/10

Disaster at the spice factory in the Mushroom Kingdom has its residents rather hot under the collar! Taking advantage of this, Bowser beings a roasting rampage and it's up the Mario to put a stop to it. Douse Bowser's flames and then put him in his place!

Objective:
As Mario, defeat Bowser by hitting him with a fully charged FLUDD and then removing his stock

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- Special Brawl with 'Curry' turned On
- 1 opponent which must be Bowser
- CPU Level must be set at Level 9
- Any stage permitted
- Opponent must be hit with the following moves (Down + B, fully charged) before defeating the opponent. It is not requirement to defeat the opponent with the specified moves nor hit the opponent with the whole of the move

Extra
Fire Fighter - Stage is Luigi's Mansion (fully destroying the stage results in loss of this Extra but does not fail the Event) - +300
Adding the fire to the flame - Use the following moves (Neutral B, F Smash) -100 per attack

:luigi2:

Boxing champion
Difficulty 2/10

Tired of being a scaredy-cat, Luigi has decided to take up boxing and has hired out Shadow Moses Island along with a personal instructer to practice. A dodgy line on the phone has resulted in Luigi being confronted with a delivery man with a huge array of boxES. Facing a rather hefty bill for the boxes and with the delivery-man refusing to leave without the payment, it looks like Luigi will have to cut the training short and send this postman packing!

Objective
As Luigi, defeat Snake at Shadow Moses Island

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- The following items must be turned On (Crate, Barrell). Everything else must be turned Off
- 1 opponent which must be Snake
- CPU Level set to Level 9
- Stage must be Shadow Moses Island

Extra
Guess I'm stronger than I thought - Do not get hit or grabbed +100
SHORYUKEN! - Defeat opponent with the following moves (Up + B) +300
Collateral damage - Breakable items are broken (this includes the walls of the stage) -100 per article broken

:peach:

Space simulation
Difficulty: 4/10

It's tough being a princess. Getting kidnapped is one thing but keeping up with the latest royal trends can really put the strain on things!
Deciding she can't let Rosalina one up her as a princess, Peach has come to the decision to show her space salt and master the low gravity arts by proving just how easy it is to fight in the cosmos!

Objective
Defeat any enemy using only Floating aerials
Rules
- 2 Stocks
- No Stock Timer
- Any opponent is permitted
- CPU Level set to Level 9
- Any stage is permitted

Extra
Could it be magic - Opponent is Ness or Lucas +100
It's just like the real thing - Stage is Lylat Cruise +300
Cheating yourself - Initiating an aerial whilst not Floating -100 per attack
Missing the point - Performing a Ground attack -100 per attack

:bowser2:

Dragon Quest

Legend has it that there were two dragons that fought an awesome battle. The first of the dragons did not have wings, at which the second dragon laughed most heartily. The first was not phased, for he claimed that despite his lack of wings, he could better the second at anything he did. The second therefore issued a challenge of which he knew he could not lose - a battle in the sky. Can the first of these two mighty creatures overcome all the odds?

Objective
As Bowser, defeat Charizard on the Bridge of Eldin with a Ground time of 0 secs

Rules
- Having a Ground Time of longer than the specified value (0 secs) results in failing the Event
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- 1 opponent which must be Charizard
- CPU level set to Level 1
- Stage must be Bridge of Eldin

Extra
Make it snappy - Defeat opponent within 30 seconds +200

:dk2:

A gift to the Gods

Not many people realise that what was supposed happen in King Kong was that he was supposed to offer the freshly picked damsel in distress to a deity as a sacrifice. Everyone loves an alternative ending, so let's see what happens if the deity had actually showed up!

Objective
Defeat Princess Peach (or Zelda) by grabbing them with F Throw and 'feeding' them to the Ultimate Chimera

Rules
- 1 stock
- No Stock Timer
- Special Brawl with 'Mega' turned On
- 1 Opponent must be Peach or Zelda
- CPU Level set to Level 6
- Stage must be New Pork City
- Defeating opponent in any other method than specified results in failing the Event

Extra
Fresh for the taking - Do not hit the opponent (damage from Grab Release out of F Throw does not cause failure of this Extra) +200

:diddy:

Diddy Pong
4/10

Did you know that monkey poop is explosive? Nope, me neither - nor does Meta Knight either. I'd hate to see what would happen if you were covered in the stuff...

Objective
Defeat Meta Knight by throwing a Sticky Bomb at him and having it attatch, blow up and KO him.

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- The following items must be turned On High (Gooey Bomb). Everything else must be turned off
- 1 opponent which must be Meta Knight
- CPU Level must be set at Level 9
- Stage must be Halberd
- Opponent must be hit KO'ed with the following items: Gooey Bomb (attached, via explosion). Any other method of KO'ing the opponent results in Failure of the Challenge

Extra

Oh jeez it's everywhere - Have at least two Gooey Bombs attached before the explosive KO + 300

:yoshi2:

:wario:

The true form of time wasting
Difficulty: 6/10

Doing a bunch of minigames isn't as fun as it look, especially when the pay sucks. I mean, they're MINIgames for crying out loud!
To help pay the bills, Wario has taken up an ad posted by some guy or girl (or something, the message wasn't very clear) called Giggles (or something similar) seeking characters who would be willing to take advantage of a time machine having to warm up for minute (I know right?) give some kid that they don't like a few punches, but don't finish him off because that'd be greedy and Giggles wants to have the final battle because he's a final boss apparantly. Dirty work, but who cares - you're Wario remember? Just make sure this kid doesn't do you in whilst you're doing your job, otherwise you won't get no pay!

Objective
Win against Ness via a timeout with a Stock lead
Rules
- 2 Stocks
- 1 min Stock Timer
- Opponent must be Ness
- Any stage permitted
- Losing a stock results in failing the event
- Removing all of the opponent's stocks results in failing the event

Extra
Untouchable - Don't get hit/grabbed +100
Confidence in your abilities - Have a handicap set at 300% for yourself +300
Fresh for the taking - After removing 1 stock off Ness, do not hit or grab him for the remainder of the match +200
Tricky terrain - Stage is Wario Ware (completing or failing the minigames does not affect this event) +100
Clutching at straws - Fail to kill Ness within the first half (30 secs) of the match -100
Not quite what I had in mind... - Have more than 5 ledge grabs in the match -300

Super Mari - oh?
7/10

:link2:

Playing by the rules
4/10

Link's showdown with Ganondorf has finally arrived, except nobody bothered to tell him that the showdown was being held in the Brawl universe rather than the Legend of Zelda universe. As a result, Link still has it in his head that he must play by the laws of that particular universe. Of course this shouldn't phase the Hero of Time...right?

Objective
Defeat Ganondorf with Ground moves only. If Ganondorf knocks you into the air, the only permitted action is to move either left or right (this includes if he knocks you offstage so watch it!)

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- Performing any of the specified actions (Jumping, Attacks and Specials and Dodging whilst airborne) will result in failure of the Event

Extra
Naryu's Love - Do not get hit or grabbed +200
Oh the irony - Defeat opponent after 2 minutes -100

:toonlink:

Minish Cap
3/10

A battle of rather tiny proportions! Not only are the fighters small, the cameraman is on his lunch break making finding the critters even tougher! Keep a close eye on Toon Link and see him to victory!

Objective
Defeat Olimar

Rules
- 1 stock
- No Timer
- Special Brawl with 'Mini' and 'Fixed Camera' turned On

Extra
Needle in a haystack - Stage is New Pork City +100

:samus2:

Health bars are for *****s
?/10

Health bars are still for *****s

Hat trick much?

:zerosuitsamus:

All in a days work
Difficulty 9/10

When she's not fighting intergalactic menaces, Samus prefers to spend her time as model for photography and in paticular for still life painting classes to show her love for art
Upon seeing her work, a rather slimy character has approached Samus and asked if she would consider steering her 'assest' into another form of 'art'. Enraged by this suggestion, Samus does what any normal bounty hunter would do and decides to kick the crap out of this greasy freak. Unfortunaetly, her plan was to fight the Mother Brain after the class had finished and so she's brought her Power Suit which, as we all know, tends to disintegrate if left unattended. Fighting the Mother Brain is going to be pretty tricky without a Power Suit and especially without an Arm Cannon so it looks like Samus has got some juggling to do - and no, definitely not that kind of juggling!

Objective
Defeat the opponent whilst keeping at least the Arm Cannon Suit Piece in play

Rules
- 2 stock
- No Stock Timer
- Items are set to None and Off
- Any stage permitted
- Opponent must be Wario, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf or Snake
- Losing the Arm Cannon Suit Piece so that it is no longer in play results in failing the event

Extra
Not just a pretty face - Suit Pieces are in play when the match ends +100 per Suit Piece still in play
Picturesque - Stage is Hanenbow +100
Blank Canvas - Stage is Pictochat +400
You dropped something - Opponent knocks Suit Piece out your hands -100
Pass the disinfectant - Opponent picks up a Suit Piece -100
I needed that! - Opponent throws Suit Piece off the stage -200

:rob:

Honey I punched the babysitter and beat the kids
?/10

:kirby2:

Adding salt to the wound
Difficulty 3/10

Beneath his plushy, marshmallow like exterior lies a cruel, callous personality that many have not seen in Kirby before. When fighting, Kirby is not the kind to just get on with the job - oh no, he likes to see his opponents think they stand a chance or that Kirby is giving them another chance in battle, when in reality Kirby's desire is to watch their hopes be crushed by building them up and breaking them down. Time to make someone's blood boil with rage!

Objective
When an opponent is falling to certain doom with absolutely no chance of recovering, summon Cook Kirby to save them...and then watch as the they are sent flying to their death upon the cooking pot's release

Rules
- 1 Stock
- No Stock Timer
- The following items must be turned On (Smash Balls). Everything else must be turned off
- Any Opponent
- Any Stage permittied
- Final Hit must be made with the following moves (Final Smash). Using any other move to defeat the opponent results in failing the Event

Extra
U mad bro? - Don't get hit or grabbed +200
Would you like fries with that? - Set Stock at 2 rather than 1 (losing a stock results in failing the event) +200
I ain't even mad - Final Smash hit does not kill opponent -300
FUUUUUUU - Opponent breaks Smash Ball before you do -400
Butterfingers - Have Smash Ball knocked out of you -100

Warrior and Protector
?/10

:metaknight:

Drastic measures
7/10

:dedede:

Weight Watchers
?/10

:olimar:

Race against thyme
?/10

:fox:

Melee 2 . No

:falco:

:wolf:

Star Sniper

:falcon:

:squirtle:

Through Shell and High water

:jigglypuff:

Reliving the dream
6/10

Poor Jigglypuff. Ever since Brawl came out she's had all but next to no work, causing her to resort to making ends meet by taking up a life of liquor, men and jazz.
Resting in the bottle-littered gutter with close companion Ganondorf, she gazes up at the stars and slurs as she drifts off "Ahhh... do you remember the days? Those days where I used to blow that Fox guy to smithereens? Those were the days...those were the days..."

Objective
Reminisce about Jigglypuff's favourite past time by defeating Fox on Final Destination by Up Throwing him and then landing a Rest

Rules
- 1 stock
- No stock Timer
- Stage must be Final Destination
- Using any attack after the Up Throw that is not Rest (dodging and shielding is allowed) will void the throw and thus you must Up Throw Fox again before using Rest in order to succesfully complete the Event
- Defeating opponent in any other method than specified results in failing the Event

Extra
Wall of Pain - Land 2 Bairs in a row +200
Purin Punishment - Rest landed does not kill Fox -100
Wanted: X Accuracies - Missing a Rest -100 per missed Rest

:ike:

I'll have you know my Speed stat is quite high!

:snake:

Killing them one by one

Please try them out and let me know what you think :p I am highly open to suggestion :) Thankyou!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The Zero Suit challenge is actually something I try against Zamuses. Helps with learning item play.

:phone:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh man I gotta think of one to add to the list.
But i'm not creative enough at 12 at night. ;~;

Still, super cool idea. I like it. =w=

Top Bottom