• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAD II: Melee All Day results Philadelphia, PA 04/23/11 vids/interviews coming soon

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry guys about my mistakes. Don't be MAD.

Tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285483

Ok, I made four mistakes.

• I didn't run my tournament according to the schedule I had up on the thread. (Snax came late because of this, and I put him in)
  • I went up to a person to tally venue fee and also got singles money, but forgot.
  • I didn't know who Taki was so I tried to swap him because he was going to play Nando soon.
  • I didn't officially announce a lunch break.

What I learned:
  • I edited the schedule.
  • I will make sure everyone who wants to sign up, must do it at the desk so they get their name written down on paper.
  • I'll try to ask around who needs to be seeded, etc.
  • I'll try to plan a break and teams/singles more accordingly.

Here are the results:

Teams:

1: Cactuar/Eggm (Cactuar/Eggm) ($96.00)

2: Cheese and Crackers (Pakman/Velocity) ($48.00)

3: Chops/Stric (Chops and Stric) ($16.00)

4: Nando/CopyCat (Nando/CopyCat)

5: Atlantic Lizards (ALCarroll/ALrsg)

5: Special Ed/CanISmash (Special Ed/CanISmash)

7: Ebo/Vex (Ebo/Vex)

7: Ranmaru & KidneyBeans (Ranmaru/KindneyBeans)

Bracket image:

Singles:

1: Eggm ($150.00)
2: StriCNYN3 ($75.00)
3: Cactuar ($25.00)
4: Nando
5: Taki
5: Chops
7: Copy Cat
7: BC
9: Atlantic Lizard
9: Vex
9: JREED
9: Velocity
13: Kid Boo
13: Silent Swag
13: T-Cash
13: AL Carroll
17: Lew
17: Pyro
17: UltimaScout
17: Vorosh
17: Weegee Nation
17: Mike
17: Lite
17: Lt. Smash
25: Deff
25: Snax

Bracket images:

Interviews coming soon

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL no Weegee nation had a yoshi shirt on.

You played Caroll in losers. (it's in the bracket)

You played weegee first match.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Thanks for running the tournament, sorry freaking out about brackets. I did not realize this was one of the first tournies you organized. I think the things you listed in your post are all good things to walk away learning for next time.
Also I played under the Atlantic Lizards tag.

Good **** to everyone I played, I always forgot/don't introduce myself when I sit down so my bad if no one knows who I was/am.

Basically, good work Taki representing Pittsburgh.
Nando *****.
Good games in teams to Nando/Copycat, double rest in the first 2 seconds wasn't enough to stop you.
Also Pakman/Velocity had a lot of fun playing you in teams, Luigi/Doc was to janky and fresh for us to handle.
Lite, keep playing Samus. Just do it, you're so young you are only going to keep getting better. Way cooler than silentswag Pittsburgh's resident young prodigy.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's kool. I'm glad you guys had fun. Haha yeah, and I intend on hosting more. : D

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Totally forgot like everyone's name I played. Of the ones whose names I actually got at all.

I played more smash 64 than melee.

Anyway...

Bnzaaa: Good stuff on Smash 64. I'll stay a Link main for now, though.
Guy that was playing Smash 64 with me that was not Vex, or Bnzaaa (I was the Link main): Thanks for playing. You'll get that Samus good!
Vex: Nice to see you, we didn't play as much Smash 64 as I would have liked :(

Deff, Lite, Other two guys I played melee teams with: Good games. I usually don't like playing teams, but these were decent games.

One of the nameless guys who played teams in the above group: Thanks for playing my Doc/Ness like... all day. We played so many matches at the one TV.

Kurt: You beat me. :( Also. I missed a turn on the way home, and barely made my train. ALWAYS happens. That's why I have to allocate time for it.

Ranmaru: I think you beat me too. :(

Xzax: Haven't seen you in a while. Good to know you're making some cash in Brawl, though. Hope to see you at the next one.

Special Ed/Eddy: I think it was you I played lots of low tier games with. Ness vs. Roy, Mr. Game and Watch vs Pikachu etc.

StriCNYN3: Thanks for the few matches really close to the closing of the venue.

Dude I talked with about Tetris: Sorry for my rant. If you're interested enough to try it/show your mom, you can get Texmaster here: http://www.tetrisconcept.net/forum/showthread.html?t=2 You'll want to select Classic rotation, as world allows you to keep spinning a piece to keep it alive, defeating the Challenge. Sudden Ti is a clone of this mode and Special Ti is a clone of this mode. (That turns invisible at the end.) Sudden is like Sudden Ti, except a tad slower, and you can't hold a piece/rotate the I block to a vertical position from the ground.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I beat you twice out of all the matches we played. ;o So don't worry. I'm pretty rusty, but I had fun. : D (I'm sure you beat me more times)

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
*Bowser subscribes

Good **** to everyone. Sorry I wasn't there. I could've helped with the tournament, commentary, and training people.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
In no particular order

Cactuar - Too good. Needed to stretch because he was winning "2 million matches"
NoCash/Kurt - Finally got to meet and play. Lost to your marth but won to your shiek. Good matches and I hope we meet up a lot more often.
WeegeeNation - good tournament matches, can't wait to see how good you'll become next tourny.
Caroll - Super close games. If we had that set recorded we'd be famous
atlantic lizard - You have a really good sheik, we also had good games.
Eggm - Didn't play you, but I just heard you *****. We need to play sometime
kasumi - nice team games. I also hate teams, but sometimes you get a little fun out of them.
Ranmaru - didn't play you but atleast you got the tournament running all the way till the end. Good stuff
Deff - best doc player
Jreed - Worst doc player
T-cash - Medium doc player.............................................. lol jk all 3 are amazing
BC - awesome that he made top 10
Lampchomps - It WOULD be cool if i still lived in New York. Unfortunately not.

LLDL

Smash Hero
haha I like how the paint bracket worked out okay anyway.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
TIO is pretty easy to use, and it even helps you out the first time you start it.

You add players. Then click a button, and the bracket is made automagically.

After the bracket is made, you pretty much just double click the winner of each match. It does payout math, and seeding.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Dayum. Yeah I think a better solution for all of this is too start at the beginning. Have a table near the entrance, and make sure the person sitting there gets the entree's full name, gamer tag, venue fee, whether he/she is entering teams/doubles and getting money for said singles and teams, and then let them free to roam around the venue. Right before the first tournament starts, put a big "CLOSED" sign on the table, proceeding the person putting everyone on tio, and double checking everything. That way, the person running the tournament has a lot of time of preparing the brackets to get the tournament running.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dayum. Yeah I think a better solution for all of this is too start at the beginning. Have a table near the entrance, and make sure the person sitting there gets the entree's full name, gamer tag, venue fee, whether he/she is entering teams/doubles and getting money for said singles and teams, and then let them free to roam around the venue. Right before the first tournament starts, put a big "CLOSED" sign on the table, proceeding the person putting everyone on tio, and double checking everything. That way, the person running the tournament has a lot of time of preparing the brackets to get the tournament running.
Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind. : D (it's just that I like setting up over where I was, but I'll try that, good idea)

man, I wish I could've went.

God **** eggm, Stric, and Cactus!

Edit: oh also Nando for making 4th!
Yeah man, hopefully next time! : D

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
1: Eggm - good job with the whole winning n'nat
2: StriCNYN3 - saw you playing. Very intertaning.
3: Cactuar - you beat me with your sopo :(
4: Nando - your sets with Taki were legendary. So fun to watch
5: Taki - look at you being all good n'nat <3
5: Chops - didn't play ya. Really wanted to. Next time.
7: Copy Cat - ready, go! Double rest... Lose the match.. Looooool gg's in teams
7: BC - ugh should have had you!!! All love though. Good set. Kj64 wut? Lol
9: Atlantic Lizard - oh my girl. My boy freeway reppin Pittsburgh and the al lizards Loooooool thanks for driving it was a supper fun weekend
9: Vex - you beat silent swag. Your awesome in my book. Lol ggs in teams too
9: JREED - out of all 100000 docs at this tourny you were prob the best. Messed me up hard. Ggs
9: Velocity - ggs in teams. You and pak were sick
13: Kid Boo - "who's kid boo?" "the last boss thing from dbz.. Looool"
13: Silent Swag - missing lay ups and Johny diving all day.
13: AL Carroll - your number one.
17: Lite - you are the coolest little kid ever! Soooo much cooler then my little brother (silent swag) your samus is dope. Don't know how those 4 fully charged f smashes didn't hit though.. Lol ggs
17: Lt. Smash - ggs our match didn't matter anyway with the messed up bracket.
25: Deff - another doc. Lol gotta love Philly.

*pakman Ggs in teams we almost had you. Also I've never been up-b'd so many time in my life.. Lol

*Ranmaru - thanks for hosting. Your the man. Fun MM too as always.

* Dave - thanks for housing us. Came through in the clutch!

Anyone I missed I prob didn't catch your tag.. Ggs to all n'nat<3

Sabs801

Smash Rookie
Special Ed here.

Some guy thought I was Shroomed...****.

I commentated GF with Dave. Sweet!

Shout outs to
Kasumi for Low Tier matches. Your Ness caught me by surprise, good ****.
CanISmash, sorry about not being as good as Prog lol.
Ranmaru, good ****.
July, Yay Friendlies :D
Andrew and Mike, congrats on your first tourney. Was great to see ya.

Fun tourney, thanks all! :)

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
@ranmaru:

You dont have to have the big table near the door. You can have a smaller one, even one that has a t.v. Its just there so everyone has their name on paper, and if their entering teams or singles, because then if you close the table for sign ups after a certain time, then there can never be people coming in late/ leaving early/ name confusions/ etc.

@Carroll

Counted his fsmashes like a boss.

@Metal Reeper:
He probably just won his first 2 matches, or won a losers bracket match.
Because the brackets were messed up, some people got byes and had to be pushed up to accommodate. Or so I was told. T-cash probably got a bye and won his first match, thus putting him significantly further than most people who happen to lose their second match and third right after.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Special Ed here.

Shout outs to
Ranmaru, good ****.

Do you look like me or something?

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
So this **** was fun <3 good **** to everyone.
you guys need to stop hating on doc though, lolol. I'm done with him anyways. he came a long way before he got played out

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yo, looks like Taki put in some work.

And Carroll and SilentSwag are destined to place the same at every tourney

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
Special Ed here.

Shout outs to
Ranmaru, good ****.

Thanks sabs it was great to see you to, it's mike here, me and andrew had an awesome time, can't wait to go to another tourney.

Sabs801

Smash Rookie
Do you look like me or something?
No$ grabbed your nametag from Pound 5 and I won it from him. I wore it to MAD.

It was really funny when the guy believed it because Cactuar turned around from his match and was like "SHROOMED IS BLACK!"

BTW, I wasn't trying to impersonate you. Your Doc gets mad respect from me.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Oh it wasn't an impersonation thing, I was seriously wondering if someone looked like me haha. I forgot all about my Pound 5 name-tag. Could you give it to someone going to Genesis? I actually would like to put it onto my controller or something =)

Top Bottom