• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Googs VS Mprime, Featuring the SNL

-Googs

Smash Lord
So after a few months of working on Diddy's infinite, I pull it off and finally get it recorded. I have figured out an applicable way to setup the infinite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7AfBiBtaFI

magic happens at 1:29

DO NOT
-Jump>throw nana down>infinite. That's to impractical.

The key to getting the infinite is how I do it in this match, If Diddy Kong has his backed faced to his opponent and they are directly behind him, if he throws it down it will setup perfectly, I can pull this off consistently, and am working on getting more of my matches uploaded where I do this.

This means, Powersheild>Buffer turn around>Throw banana down (No GT)>Infinite if they land close enough. You can also SHAD Buffer turn around and throw down if you can land infront of them, And if they roll into you.

Most top level diddy's Upsmash OoS when opponents airdoge and land behind diddy, however instead you can set the infinite up from this

you can also glidetoss down through them no matter which way you are facing front or back from either side of them EXCEPT for one certain way which i forget which one it is. I know that's kind of hard to understand, but I'll try to put it in better words. You can glidetoss forward/backward (depending the way you are facing) and start the lock and it also depends on the character, I'll explain it against MK but it's pretty much the same for most characters. There is:

-left side of MK facing toward him
-left side of MK facing backward of him
-right side of MK facing toward him
-right side of MK facing away from him

one of those combinations you can't get the lock by glidetossing down, but the other 3 also work.
[COLLAPSE="ΡΨ, *Cam*, *P*L*U*R*, -Ran, -Tempest-, 2link121, 9Kplus1, a nub, Ace9797, Airgemini, arch, Asdioh, Atlus8, B0NK, baka4moé, ballin4life, BigD!!!, Birdman, blu link, BluePSI, Bounogun, brickbox, Captain Hindsight, Carroll, ch33s3, Ch3s, ChKn, Circus, CloverLeaf, Codi, Colonel Cuddles, Communisthunter, Composeur, CORY, Costabika8, Cubelarooso, CY, cyoonit123, Cyrain, Darkslash, darth meanie, dawall250, Dazwa, Dekar173, dextasmurf, DFEAR, Diesel, Divinokage, DJRome, Dr Peepee, DRDN, Drrrkbunnie, dualseeker, DuckPimp, DumberChild, DVC4011, Ebo!, edgeluca, EdreesesPieces, ElNoNombreHombre, emb1234, Engo, EnigmaticCam, Ephyon_SylphShroud, EpixAura, ESAM, Espy Kasrani, ETWIST51294, Faithkeeper, Falcinho, Falco400, FBI:Vess, FightAdamantEevee, Filter, FireBall Stars, Flame Hyenard, FlameWaveK, Frio, frostymm, Frown, fUddO, FuRy Smash, Fuzzyness, GanonkingAbyss, Geerz, GeneralWoodman, Gifts, gm jack, Golden-psyco, Gonzales, Gova, GPDP, Grandeza, Hammm, hedgehog9597, hemlock, iamthemicrowave, IceArrow, Illmatic., Infernape99, Inferno3044, jalued, Jayford, jjlinyard, jobrown4, Joker490Frozen, Judas, Juggleguy, justaway12, Keatsta, Kewkky, King~, KirbyIRL, KishPrime, KORNNNNN~, Kuga, KumaOso, Kuraudo, Laem, Laijin, Lanowen, leffen, Lenus Altair, Leon94, Linkslapsyomama, Luigitoilet, Lukky, Luminoth64, LumpyCPU..., Lythium, M3DZ, maaple, Maharba the Mystic, Marc, Marcbri, Master Raven, MasterShake, MasterWarlord, Matador, matt300, Mcluvin, Melancholy, mers, Mike G, MK26, Mogwai, moleman915, MonkUnit, Moooose, Mprime, NearZzz, NeverKnowsBest, ngfc_0, nicaboy, NickRiddle, Niko45, NiTEZ, Nix2100, O D I N, o-Serin-o, Ohio Smash Initiative, oliman, omgwtfToph, OverLord, P.c. Chris, Pakman, Papes, Perfect Chaos, pesticide, Pezza, Pharaoh.DsY Kyon, phatcat203, pheX, Phiddlesticks, pichuboy9, Player-1, Player-4, Plorf, PokemonMasterJamal3, pPp Suspect, ptown, Pyronic_Star, Pythag, Ragnar0k, Rambo Hayabusa, Rave Remix, REDfox1, rei_vincent, reserk, rm88, Roxas215, ru5514n, Ryucloud, S.F.H., Sampson, SatoshiMinamino, Savon, Scatz, Seifersythe, Seikend, Sentinel, Serris, Shadic, Shaky, Shinku, shiva39, Shroomed, Skyshroud, Sly Fox, SNG, Sol, Sonic Storm, Sonic The Hedgedawg, sonicmaster5000, sonictailslink, soul ark, Spelt, Spife, Spire, Spydr Enzo, StarGalaxy777, Sterowent, Suuwo, SvL, t3h Icy, Tamoo, tarextherex, Teczero, TemPesT-, Terral, The March Hare, The Real Gamer, theONEjanitor, ThePrime, THuGz, TKD, toadturtle3, TP, Tr3MoR, Triple R, Twinkie, Ugvts, ulises3000, UncleGene, vanforum, VICTR, VideoKidHEERO, Violence, Vts, vVv ChiboSempai, vVv Rapture, vZakat, Werekill, What's The Point, Winston, X iLink X, Xaltis, xDD-Master, Xsyven, Xyro77, Yeroc, Zεη, Zeratulfenix, Zero, Zero_Saber, Zgetto, Zoler, _GrapE_, _Kadaj_, ~PWN~, ~Tac~"][/COLLAPSE]

Mprime

Smash Ace
I feel like I am fighting the ice climbers when he get's the infinite on me, best diddy in Canada?

Mprime

Smash Ace
The mother ****er is so scary to approach with mk. I swear he get's that nana lock every single round on mk

T-block

B2B TST
The setup is nothing new. Actually, the match that came out of Japan with Diddy-ZSS had the infinites set up this way IIRC.

Good **** for pulling it off mid-match though.

-Googs

Smash Lord
The setup is nothing new. Actually, the match that came out of Japan with Diddy-ZSS had the infinites set up this way IIRC.

Good **** for pulling it off mid-match though.
actually iirc he was always jumping for the setup which is really punishable.

T-block

B2B TST
Just watched it again. He does jump setup a lot more than I remember, but he's definitely not always going for it that way. In fact, the first lock he gets is from the grounded setup.

In any case, the reason why I tend to favour the jump setup more now is because with some characters you have to be impossibly close for the grounded throw to send them through you instead of away from you.

Do you consistently pull this off on non-MK characters too?

-Googs

Smash Lord
Snake and falco are easy to do the grounded setup, as well as kirby. I have the timing for the lock mastered with MK, and nearly mastered with snake (I can get him up to about 50-60% everytime without messing up) and I'm learning olimar next. Takes me about 2 weeks to learn a new characters timing 100%

-Googs

Smash Lord
I have a video of me 2 stocking ally's MK while getting the SNL off, I will have the video up in 3 weeks because the wii with the replay on is in my apartment in quebec, which im going back to june 8th.

Marth would be applicable, I'll work some stuff out on him later this week. Pikachu is another character i've gotten the setup on, I just have to memorize the timing.

T-block

B2B TST
Pikachu gives you plenty of time with the longest trip animation in the game lol. I can do it on MK, Pikachu, GW, Lucario (trippy as hell since he doesn't move anywhere), Charizard, Kirby, Diddy for sure. Haven't tried everyone else, but I know I can't do Marth/Lucas even as standing opponents =\

Player-1

Smash Legend
The jumping set up actually isn't that punishable surprisingly. It depends on the style of your opponent mostly. It's really good for a surprise setup. I posted a list in the diddy boards of the characters that are impossible to infinite and the ones that were the easiest (MK, ZSS, GaW), but I don't remember where I posted it. Olimar is actually really easy, snake and falco are pretty much the same, but they're hard to continue the infinite on, I get them to 50-80% easy, but anything past that is pretty hard.

pikachu doesn't have the longest trip animation in the game, Jigglypuff does, and pikachu's is the same trip animation as the majority of the cast

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah, I can't find it either =/.

Everyone thinks pikachu has a long trip animation pretty much because ninjalink posted some vid of him wrecking some scrub pikachu back in 08 and everyone after that thought the MU was horrible pikachu and that he has the longest trip animation

Kantrip

Kantplay
Good ****, Googs! I really want to integrate the SNL into my gameplay. I have yet to be able to pull it off consistently in training, though.
-is a noob-

Vega4

Smash Ace
I don't really undestand why ADHD and Gnes don't use something as powerfull as this lock in tournaments...

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
I hope so.
I don't understand why u guys don't want to make me happy, 'cause if someone do this lock to M2K in a big tournament, stage Rainbow or Brinstar, I would have a heart attack and die with such a big smile in my face...

swordgard

Smash Hero
I hope so.
I don't understand why u guys don't want to make me happy, 'cause if someone do this lock to M2K in a big tournament, stage Rainbow or Brinstar, I would have a heart attack and die with such a big smile in my face...

Brinstar has lava and weird slants, RC moves so not really doable : (

-Googs

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure you can get it off on the carpets, I was trying it out in a friendly today but i missed the instant throw lol. I'll test it tommorow or something. and *** brinstar i ban that **** everytime

Player-1

Smash Legend
The chances of getting a lock on a carpet are HIGHLY improbably because of the exact positioning you'd have to have to land it so they don't fall off in the first place, also it wouldn't last much longer than 10 seconds due to the carpet moving through other platforms; your characters and the bananas would get messed up by the carpet passing through.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I didn't say "do it 0% - death"...
I keep my words, doing this in a big tournament to a top MK in Rainbow or Brinstar would be so wounderfull...

Top Bottom