• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Discussion: Peach-Mario's B***h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I really want to discuss this and I am going to invite the Peach's right away. Anyway if you know this MU please contribute. I think it's best to discuss as much MU's as we can atm because since we're discussing one we might as well continue with others.

Input please.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peach loses -1.

Fox is an extremely agile character, has a strong camp game, and a great KO move.

Although his weight would seem as a positive from our standpoint, he's actually much more harder to string when compared to other heavy weights. His extremely small stature and falling speed / weight make it difficult.

He's one of the hardest characters to uair string.

We are forced to approach him to due to his lasers.
His pressure game is very strong, almost as strong as ours.
We have a chaingrab up to about 29% on him.

His counterpicks are much stronger (Final Destination, Halberd, Picto) when compared to ours (Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Battlefield) all stages he's decent at.

He can survive much longer when compared to us (an Usmash can kill at around 85-90%).

The only Foxes I have practice against are Zeton and Razer's. The matchup feels very linear the same things just happen over and over.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well damn. You beat me to most of it. I think this is a 0 though for the moment. I've played with Hero a lot (atm I'm on a winning streak so maybe I agree with the +1), and I've play with 2Link I didn't really know the match up when we played but I was able to grasp some things at the time.

Don't get caught trying to reflect turnips, Peach can glide toss up or down and punish you.
Also don''t get too greedy Peach's Nair is fair and can cover her landings and she can SH Nair and retreat with it.
I've been finding the most success in this MU buy abuse Peach when she tries to float, and interrupt any move she tries to throw out. Just note that if Peach is already established a good position in the air it's probably best not to challenge her and bait a reaction. Worse case senario is she Fair baits you so you dash in and she punishes you with Jab. Also jab is gay if you are being really aggresive. That's another move peach covers herself with. So gay yo lol.
Also maybe I'll upload this video later but in a match with me and hero, he glide tossed a turnip at me and I reflected it, jump canceled the shine, and Z-grabbed the turnip. I thought it was pretty sexy :awesome:

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Lasers are a must in this MU for Fox. Shtl is beast. I really hate Peach's float's because it gets me really confused on what they will do. Her d-air is really annoying and can combo into another d-air so try to Di down and away. Peach can interupt and punish Fox's u-tilt string with buffered n-air im pretty sure. Unless the Fox sheilds, then Peach get's punished. Turnips can hurt in this MU offstage, just watch out for them and try to recover high and shine stall lots before going back to stage so the Peach will try to guess where you will be going. I used to think +2 (60-40) for Peach, now im a lot torwards 0(50-50). And even though U-air string is hard, doesn't make it impossible. Practice and quick fingers. I bet Melee players can do it with ease with their fingers lol. But yeah practice it as much as you can. It's not something you want to skip out on just because it's hard. Even if you get 2-4 U-airs during the string its a lot better than nothing. So yeah 50-50 from me.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
This matchup is incredibly brainless for Fox to play, and a horrible exercise in frustration for Peach. Despite that, it's not really too far in Fox's favor. Just take a standard flat stage as a counterpick if you lose on a neutral (you won't if you do it correctly) and spam retreating SHTL/SHDL all day. She can't do anything. If she floats, she can't catch you. If she stays grounded, you have better pokes and better pressure.

Just run like a little ***** all day, catch her in a bad float and it's a free Bair/Usmash. Don't get greedy and eat an Uair string or Fair and you'll be fine.

blah blah you're simplifying things you suck **** blah blah blah i don't give a ****

Nicole

Smash Champion
i agree with everything ill says.

if you play totally gay, camp forever, never approach, and try to minimize the damage peach does to you, you make it extremely annoying for peach. its much easier for you, and its easy for you to get the few reads you'll need to kill her.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Heres a little detail about the Fox vs Peach MU.
The key to the MU is to get the lead.

Simple, If a peach ever manages to get a lead on a fox, this could mean fox losing the match. Fox will have to approach, his approaches arent that good to be honest, and the slightest mistake can get him combo'd for an easy 50% more on our favor. The idea is to campwith your turnips, it will be difficult for the fox to enter. If he starts camping, this is not a problem, just camp the same way with turnips, shielding the lasers you can.

Once you go on high %, dont worry about this, fox can easily kill us as soon as we get 95%+, this is were you must be Careful!! You must not approach fox as frequent, using and relying more on turnips!

SHIELD!! SHIIIELD!! shield is probably the most important part of this MU, fox can kill very early, but a predictable Usmash or attack is easy to block, Fox holds many predictable attacks, If ever under pressure, DONT ROLL, DONT DODGE! he will surely get an Usmash, i find Fox's kill moves very predictable, making it hard for him to get the kill, I try not to approach ever, using turnip game, and if he ever gets close, USE YOUR SHIELD, the most he can do is deal more damage with a GRAB, but it wont hurt, since it wont KO us, ive gotten to live up to 180% and almost 200% just cause fox couldnt land a KO move.

Dont fall into Dair games! you can easily shield EVERYTHING. Avoid Shine mindgames above you, if a fox is approaching, fall back, and wait.

We can also punish his fails to Kill, raking him more %.

Also fox is very gimpable, i you manage to get a chance to throw him of the stage, please do! :p

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'd just like to say bair on shield is safe and dair can shield poke quite well in response to your post william. Idk how good peach is at gimping fox but from the matches i've seen it doesn't seem to happen too often.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Simple, If a peach ever manages to get a lead on a fox, this could mean fox losing the match. Fox will have to approach, his approaches arent that good to be honest, and the slightest mistake can get him combo'd for an easy 50% more on our favor. The idea is to campwith your turnips, it will be difficult for the fox to enter. If he starts camping, this is not a problem, just camp the same way with turnips, shielding the lasers you can.

Once you go on high %, dont worry about this, fox can easily kill us as soon as we get 95%+, this is were you must be Careful!! You must not approach fox as frequent, using and relying more on turnips!

SHIELD!! SHIIIELD!! shield is probably the most important part of this MU, fox can kill very early, but a predictable Usmash or attack is easy to block, Fox holds many predictable attacks, If ever under pressure, DONT ROLL, DONT DODGE! he will surely get an Usmash, i find Fox's kill moves very predictable, making it hard for him to get the kill, I try not to approach ever, using turnip game, and if he ever gets close, USE YOUR SHIELD, the most he can do is deal more damage with a GRAB, but it wont hurt, since it wont KO us, ive gotten to live up to 180% and almost 200% just cause fox couldnt land a KO move.

Dont fall into Dair games! you can easily shield EVERYTHING. Avoid Shine mindgames above you, if a fox is approaching, fall back, and wait.

Also fox is very gimpable, i you manage to get a chance to throw him of the stage, please do! :p
This is sooo wow...idk where to start...

I might actually reply to this tomorrow.

Zhamy

Smash Champion

You want to MM for $200? My Fox v. your Peach. I haven't played this game seriously in over half a year, so it should be easy pickings for you. I don't even have a Wii to practice on.

The non-******* version of that is "You're bad; let the people who know what they're talking about make definitive statements."

The sugar-coated version of that is "You should play people other than 12 year old kids to get a good idea of a matchup."

The nicest response to that is me not responding at all, but it's too late for that so oh well.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
rizk stfu ur mad doodoo u ****ing scrub go even with brick more, noob

Rofl, i'm mad? Even with Brick? Lmao let me ever be anything but 70-30 against that kid xD
I didn't know the BBR was the final word.
I didn't either, but they also seem to say ZSS is 50-50, but you guys say it's +2 for Fox. I also say its a 0 MU. Same goes for Dk and Rob. Nakat also thinks this too it's not just me.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
wow, you're stupid too. i said you were mad doodoo. -_-

that's why i heard nobody from the fox boards likes u, cuz ur bad worse than brick. noob

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
K, so if you think the BBR thinks they are right, why make a thread regarding something already correct?

Great Nakat thinks otherwise, and?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
about what? lmao, ur just bad at this game and nobody likes you. rizk why do you think you have friends? you don't nobody wants you around.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I know the MU ratio. I made the thread to discuss the MU duh lol.
What? This is so contradictory. If you know the MU and the BBR agrees with it why make a thread about? Furthermore it's not a discussion if you don't even hear out differing opinions.

Trump beat Kyon not too long ago
I have a positive record against my training partner.
Nicole and IIllmatic said it's in Fox's favor. You know they are they are probably the two best Peaches right?

Tyrell (Nakat) is my homie but his one opinion compared to 5 others that agree on a differing opinion makes his not hold weight. Stop name dropping him like it is going make a difference.

Don't make a discussion if you are not willing to hear the other side.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
@Iblis,You're a complete ******. I don't care what the ratio is. Just because I know it's 50-50 doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about the MU. Get off my back for once and stop making every post I make on these boards seem like i'm the bad guy in the situation. Seriously, i don't care if Nakat is your boy, he's one of the best Fox's in Usa right? So what's the difference if I put his name in my post and say what I heard him say? The 2 best Peaches in the Us stated their's and i'm sharing my information. So yeah stop getting on me for every post just like in the Tkd thread for me stating MY opinion on things.

@Kuro, neva!!

@BluePeach, you like eating their sh*t up don't you.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis,You're a complete ******. I don't care what the ratio is. Just because I know it's 50-50 doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about the MU. Get off my back for once and stop making every post I make on these boards seem like i'm the bad guy in the situation. Seriously, i don't care if Nakat is your boy, he's one of the best Fox's in Usa right? So what's the difference if I put his name in my post and say what I heard him say? The 2 best Peaches in the Us stated their's and i'm sharing my information. So yeah stop getting on me for every post just like in the Tkd thread for me stating MY opinion on things.
Oh I'm a ******? I can useless insults too. You're dumb as hell. You don't make any sense when you want to disucss to MU but then say I don't care. I'll get onto whenever I feel like it too, get over it. LOL your comment regarding Nakat made no sense.

TL;DR - Your info is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom