• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Nintendo getting into hardcore games, I can see the console being the second best console Nintendo has ever made if they do it near perfectly (Best is SNES). There are reasons other then Smash why I buy Nintendo consoles and with a combination of my favorite company and core games, they can create a seriously impressive console not seen since the PS2.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Will be back tomorrow.
SNES is the best console. The games leading it were just wow.... Link to the past, mario world, Final fantasy VI and a lot more. I can never forget what the console has done to gaming. I still have my PS2 and I have no plans of selling it. See ya.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
It's odd that Sakurai is so compliant on making Smash 4

I mean I heard that he was really reluctant to do Brawl and had to be begged by Nintendo.
Alot of people were sure that Brawl was going to be the last Smash game, but it's great to know that it's happening. I for one have high hopes for it, although I'm not holding my breath for highly competitive

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

I mean I heard that he was really reluctant to do Brawl and had to be begged by Nintendo.
Alot of people were sure that Brawl was going to be the last Smash game
, but it's great to know that it's happening. I for one have high hopes for it, although I'm not holding my breath for highly competitive
This reason alone is why I'm so worried on what is going to happen. Hopefully it won't be another Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
By the way, where are you hearing these things from?
Combination of being on the SSB4 thread long enough to have a heck of a lot of sources, mixed with smart friends from around Smashboards. ;P

This reason alone is why I'm so worried on what is going to happen. Hopefully it won't be another Brawl.
What's wrong with Brawl? There was nothing disappointing about it. You guys only capitalize on the negatives too much. Sure it wasn't as competitive but the number of characters and other features were incredible.
Combination of being on the SSB4 thread long enough to have a heck of a lot of sources, mixed with smart friends from around Smashboards. ;P
Not only that but positive, faithful friends with the power of friendship

I hope all the characters I want (Mainly Toad) will be in SSB 4. Anytime sooner or later, even before development, we might have a taste on how smash 4 will be like so it's better to wait and think about it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Alot of people were sure that Brawl was going to be the last Smash game, but it's great to know that it's happening. I for one have high hopes for it, although I'm not holding my breath for highly competitive
His attitude greatly changed by the end of Brawl's development. By E3 08, he said that he was already was thinking of new ideas to use in SSB4 and that he wanted to fix mistakes that he made with Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
His attitude greatly changed by the end of Brawl's development. By E3 08, he said that he was already was thinking of new ideas to use in SSB4 and that he wanted to fix mistakes that he made with Brawl.
I like a Sakurai who's willing. Reluctance seems to pay off poorly, IMO Brawl proves that.

Not that I think Brawl is bad by any means.

I just like chocolate(Melee), some like Vanilla(Brawl), and then . . . there are those weirdo's who like Strawberry(64) ;P

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Brawl was amazing not only because it was all-around an incredible game. Speculating and debating about characters on here was a lot of fun. Staying up all night for the Dojo updates (which I hope come back!). Heck, in a weird sort of way I met my girlfriend because of Brawl. Sure it wasn't as competitive as Melee, but I really don't care because it is always a ton of fun to play. I wonder if Sm4sh can match the good memories and experiences of Brawl~

Now I'm embarrassed for getting all SENTIMENTAL, lol. :V

Brawl was amazing not only because it was all-around an incredible game. Speculating and debating about characters on here was a lot of fun. Staying up all night for the Dojo updates (which I hope come back!). Heck, in a weird sort of way I met my girlfriend because of Brawl. Sure it wasn't as competitive as Melee, but I really don't care because it is always a ton of fun to play. I wonder if Sm4sh can match the good memories and experiences of Brawl~
True.

People have to put the competitive mentality out of there head. That's not the main factor of fighting games. It's one of the but it's not the most important. Honestly, character debates are fun no matter how ridiculous they are. It's not fun if it's been discussed already. Heck I'll look forward to debating/siding against/with characters in the near future.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The more involved the better. Is it coincidence the worst game in the series is the one Hal had the least involvement in? Maybe. Doubt it though.

:phone:
Well since HAL was involved since the beginning so I guess it played a factor greatly since they had less involvement in Brawl.

I made a few parts of the FAQ. Mainly Toad and some 3rd party details. The post has an essay about Toad. Well.. Part 2 of Sypdr's essay.

Toad is one of the most viable candidates for brawl asides from Ridley, Little Mac or some other pokemon. He simply has everything running for him. The only thing that baffles me is the fact that some people think Toad won't get in since he's a moveset or Bowser Jr. will get in first to him.

Now before I debate against Jr. I'm with everyone about adding him. Toad has everything he needs. Popularity, fame and importance to the Mario series. Toad was awarded with the "Character who needs his own spin-offs" award both in ign and game daily. His popularity is significantly bigger than Bowser Jr. In the Oricon Poll, Toad was voted to be the 8th most popular character in Japan. He's even more important than Jr. to the series. He was one of the most celebrated characters in the 25th anniversary of Mario. About comparing roles between Jr. and Toad. Why is it that people think Jr. has a bigger role than Toad? You guys know that being important in the series is better than having a big role in the series. Since when was Jr. popular? No one has shown a source about it. Sure I can see it in the discussion but is he more popular than Toad? Toad had the 4th highest number of votes among the Mario reps. Overall in the melee poll, he was 6th highest (Behind Bowser, Peach, Wario, Ganon and Dedede). That's probably the reason why he didn't appear. Wario took the newcomer slot first to him. Well... That's one of the reasons (Sort of). The reason why Diddy got first to Toad is because he has his own series. Since he got a pretty good number of votes, he was in SSBB. He is part of the Mario series but the truth is that he's part of the Donkey Kong series. According to Shortie's poll, Toad was the most requested asides from the 4 mario reps. I don't know if it's important but then again, Toad got the highest amount of votes. One more thing is that Toad had 2 spin-offs where he is the main character "Wario Woods NES and SNES". What does Bowser Jr. have? Nothing.

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that people think he won't get in simply because he's a moveset. Haven't I explained this before? This problem is SO EASY to solve. Paletuna is way harder because she can't be confused with another Paletuna or someone else. Toad can be replaced with another Toad. So for all you people who use this excuse, don't try it. It's futile and useless.

Some people call him generic. Generic? He's extremely unique. Toad looks like the other Toads? What about Yoshi? You can call the one and only green Yoshi "Yoshi". The same for Toad. You can call the one and only Toad "Toad". Plus, like Yoshi, he's one among the other species.

So time for an FAQ. I'll start with Toad since this post is about Toad anyway:

Toad's a moveset, how can he get in?
Recolor or replace Toad with another special. It's that easy. There's no trouble with that. You can let toad stay like that since we'll know that the Toad that appears in SSB 4 is the Toad we know.

He's so generic! Why do you want him in?
Generic? He's unique! What the heck are you talking about. Tell that to Yoshi too. Both of them are similiar in many ways. They could be confused with anothe Yoshi or Toad but we know when that guy is the Yoshi and Toad we know.

Bowser Jr. is better than Toad! I think he stands a chance more than him anyway?
How can you say that?! Toad is more popular and important than Bowser Jr. You must realize that it's not the role that counts, it's how iconic the character is. Relevance is not a criteria but Toad is indeed RELEVANT to the Mario series.

I think Toad is more suited as an assist trophy.
You're saying his importance to the Mario series is as big as Waluigi's? That is REALLY wrong.

I want Rosalina, Waluigi and Daisy! I don't like Toad
Okay... First of all, All of them are not important to the Mario series. Rosalina is only important in the Galaxy series while Waluigi and Daisy are just characters who appear in spin-offs. They have no moveset potential. It could be made from scratch but then again, they aren't important to the Mario universe. Sorry Daisy, Rosalina and Waluigi fans

What's Toad's moveset then huh?
Check my sig at the bottom of this post.

Toad's not interesting
Is it cause he looks like the other Toads and acts like them? How about Bowser Jr? He's basically a mini-bowser. He has the same attitude and same abilities plus he can use a paintbrush. Toad is a royal captain of the toad guards of Peach. He can run on walls, summon mushrooms, he's faster than Mario and Luigi plus he has superhuman strength. What does Jr. have on that?

Toad sucks
K

Other FAQs:

Cloud in SSB pleazzee?
No.

He has never appeared in a nintendo console. (Except for KH in DS but he didnt have a huge role there)

That's the only thing I need to say. That goes for Squall, Zidane and the other characters who appear in sony consoles only.

Can I discuss about a character?
Yes but I recommend you not to discuss the following:
Toad
Jr.
Krystal
Ridley
Little Mac
Geno
Mewtwo
Lucario

Who do you think are the 3rd parties that will be in SSB 4?
Snake - Power of friendship
Sonic - Huge fan demand
Mega Man - Most likely the capcom rep.

How about: Master Chief, Call of Duty, (Insert names here)
..... Biggest fails ever suggested.

Just no...

That's part 2 of the Toad essay. If there are any questions about Toad, feel free to ask and also some other matters. I only did a few parts about the FAQ. The rest is up to you guys. I'm not doing this alone. I did the Toad FAQ and the some 3rd party questions that are obvious. If you need my help then tell me. I think I'll leave the Mega Man FAQ to smash fan or someone else. Whoever knows him best. I'm hoping that SSB 4 will be a great game (Possibly and hopefully better than brawl and melee). What makes me look forward to the game is that Sakurai seems like he's looking forward to it.

OmegaXXII

Toad ain't making it!!!!!

Nah, just kidding lol....

but yea there is definetly potential as far as popularity goes, what the question is who is more likely from the Mario series? Regardless of relavance or not?

Who knows? I won't be surprised if there are 6 slots for Mario because it's nintendo's mascot franchise:

- Personally... I think Toad has more of a chance than junior. I stated it in my essay. I'm not against jr. Jr's potential is almost as high as Toad. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them got in.

- Paper Mario is a likely addition but I'm sure nintendo will make him have his own franchise but that's just me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Err... I'm not the type of fanboy that gets mad when their favorite character didn't get in a game.
Well goodness, I'm not going to try to have fun with you again. :V

ANYWAY, I've revised my roster and was hoping you guys could critique it:

lololol

Well goodness, I'm not going to try to have fun with you again. :V

ANYWAY, I've revised my roster and was hoping you guys could critique it:

lololol
Err... Sorry if I was serious but it's true :awesome:

Review of Oasis_S moveset.... Win. Lol jk. Don't worry! I can have fun with people.

Who wants Nathan Drake from Uncharted in SSB :troll:?

Can anyone help with the FAQ?

OmegaXXII

Hehe at the Bowser Jr. Roster :)

Who knows? I won't be surprised if there are 6 slots for Mario because it's nintendo's mascot franchise:

- Personally... I think Toad has more of a chance than junior. I stated it in my essay. I'm not against jr. Jr's potential is almost as high as Toad. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them got in.

- Paper Mario is a likely addition but I'm sure nintendo will make him have his own franchise but that's just me.
Well if the Mario series gets any new reps at all it will surely be Bowser Jr. or Toad, maybe Paper Mario but definetly not all three, that would be streching it a bit.

We will most likely see Dixie Kong because of the Brawl files, I honestly prefer to see her as a tag team with Diddy rather than having both as seperate characters, I'd much rather see K.Rool instead.

Personally I would love to see Wart from Doki Doki, he would definetly fit alongside Toad and besides he was the main antagonist in SMB:2, unfortunetly his chances are pretty slim :(

but I have hope, Smash needs more antagonists and less protagonist taking up their spots.

Don't worry about the antagonist part.

There's medusa! She's an antagonist! She looks human and she's a FEMALE. Jr. also! He could be Bowser's sidekick in the story

Putting all 3 mario reps is possible.The following are solutions:

1.) Bowser Jr. and Toad are mario reps. Paper Mario is a rep of the paper mario franchise (Possible)
2.) Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are mario reps while Toad is a Wario woods rep (Unlikely)
3.) All of them are considered mario reps (Impossible)

What supports all of their inclusions is that well... Mario is nintendo's mascot (Both character and series).

More item ideas....

Blue shell - The blue shell goes on top of the leading opponent and deals high knockback with 50 damage. If the enemy shields it, his shield will be automatically broken

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
dammit I've missed a conversation about Tails in SSB4. Wrote a bit about that stuff.

First, why Tails over other Sonic furries?
+ After reign of Shadow (lol melodramatic), which shrunk sfter Sonic '06, Tails started to get more attention from Sega. In Sonic Colors for Wii, he's the only furry other than Sonic.
+ Only Sonic and Robotnik were around in the series longer than him.
+ Moveset potential. Shadow has appearance heavily similar to Sonic. He's so similar that he could be just "luigified" Sonic. Sonic fans who think Tails wouldn't fit Sonic's second Smash slot tend to use "Tails is no fighter" argument. Seems like they're forgetting that Tails was a playable character both in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

Arguments behind Tails in Smash 4.
+ All the ones above.
+ Sonic has many games on Nintendo platforms, some of them are even Nintendo only.
+ His inclusion would probably require less legal effort from Nintendo than getting Megaman. A counterargument against it I've heard recently is "Nintendo would be lazy", but this is not even funny.
Neutral arguments that can be either behind or against Tails.
~ It's too early to see the pattern in 3rd party reps. They were only in one game. We don't know if Sonic and Snake will come back at all. No Sonic, Sonic only or Sonic and Tails all could happen.
~ We don't know much about Smash 4.
Arguments against Tails in Smash 4.
- "Guest fighters" term. This is a pretty common argument against Sonic reps in Smash 4. When a guest comes to house, he does not bring dozens of friends through the garage.
- Priority logic. Why expand a third party franchise, when you can put Nintendo characters or other third parties in that place? However, we can look at it different way - Sonic series is still incredibly popular and is more recognized than definite most of series we have in Smash. Also, all of the positive arguments behind above apply.
- There is also another version of previous argument - Sonic is enough, beause fans can have their precious "Mario vs. Sonic" already. But, those people seem to forget that when they buy Smash, they want to have "Luigi vs. Ganondorf", "Mewtwo vs. Falco" and many similar things. What if I want to see Tails fighting against Nintendo reps other than Mario (because that is already possible in olympic crossovers)? However, this way of thinking may quickly lead to ridiculous things like "What if I want to see Spiderman battling Zelda?" So, we have to stop at one moment. However, these moments seem to be pretty varied for different series. First, we consider 4th parties, because they won't take much time. Instant BEEEP. 'kay, let's take a look at Mario. Mario? Fine. Luigi? Fine. Bowser? Fine. Peach? Fine. Dr. Mario? Okay. Toad or Bowser Jr.? The majority of community seems to agree with this.
Pokemon. Pikachu? Fine. Jigglypuff? Fine. Mewtwo? Fine. Pichu? Fine. Lucario? Fine. Squirtle? Ivysaur? Charlizard? All fine. 5th gen rep? Fine. See, we got pretty far with this one.
Now, Sonic! Sonic? Fine. Tai-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
Where do those limits come from? From what we've seen already. What we've seen already? Single Sonic character. Why shouldn't / should we get another one? Loop occurs.
In my opinion, "Sonic is enough, because fans can have their precious "Mario vs. Sonic" already" argument is the main one against Tails in SSB4.
- Fanbase breakdown. When we get another Sonic rep, countless kids will start dreaming about MOAR of them. I can safely say it's an incorrect argument, because it already happened after Sonic's inclusion in Brawl.
- There may be licensing problems, but I wouldn't say they'd be bigger than when getting Megaman into Smash.

Overall, I think Tails isn't very possible, but there are many arguments that are behind his inclusion. The possibility of this happening is just not as bad as many Smashboards members think.

Okay, I'm done. Kudos to anyone who read all of this. If there is anything wrong with my logic, feel free to discuss.

OmegaXXII

I just thought of something, Paper Mario wouldn't even be considered part of 'the series' since he probably from a parallel universe i.e Paper dimension, so looking at it that way might give him a spot, even with a unique moveset it's a bit doubtful, hopefully though he'll be considered as a different character all together and not as "oMG! wIse is tHere MaRIO CLone, omg, he IsNt deSerVing."

and what's with Nathan Drake all of a sudden?.. I know you were trolling but he's a Sony character lol...

I just thought of something, Paper Mario wouldn't even be considered part of 'the series' since he probably from a parallel universe i.e Paper dimension, so looking at it that way might give him a spot, even with a unique moveset it's a bit doubtful, hopefully though he'll be considered as a different character all together and not as "oMG! wIse is tHere MaRIO CLone, omg, he IsNt deSerVing."

and what's with Nathan Drake all of a sudden?.. I know you were trolling but he's a Sony character lol...

I'm just kidding about Drake :awesome:

At least it isn't as worse as Tigerwoods (Even if the guy who posted about EA didn't suggest him)

I think it's impossible to make Paper Mario a clone of Mario. His arms are too stubby compared to Mario

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Kind of weird seeing Paper Mario as a "maybe." He seems more probable than both Bowser Jr. and Toad. The Paper Mario series is like its own franchise at this point with three games already and a fourth on the way. All of which have been rather highly acclaimed. Plus there's no way he wouldn't be unique as a fighter. Like, impossible.

IMO, it'd be Paper Mario > Bowser Jr. > Toad > Geno in likeliness.

Although, I'm of the opinion that Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon won't (maybe shouldn't?) get more than four representatives. So maybe I shouldn't be talking. :V

Kind of weird seeing Paper Mario as a "maybe." He seems more probable than both Bowser Jr. and Toad. The Paper Mario series is like its own franchise at this point with three games already and a fourth on the way. All of which have been rather highly acclaimed. Plus there's no way he wouldn't be unique as a fighter. Like, impossible.

IMO, it'd be Paper Mario > Bowser Jr. > Toad > Geno in likeliness.

Although, I'm of the opinion that Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon won't (maybe shouldn't?) get more than four representatives. So maybe I shouldn't be talking. :V
Bowser Jr!?!?!?ajjsdgg---

Just kidding. If that's your personal opinion then I'm fine with it. I only go against those people who tell me to or if well.... they make horrible or stupid points about Toad.

Anything about Ridley's Final Smash and final smash in general? Personally, I'm fine with the smash ball. What should be Ridley's final smash?

OmegaXXII

Arguments behind Tails in Smash 4.
+ All the ones above.
+ Sonic has many games on Nintendo platforms, some of them are even Nintendo only.
+ His inclusion would probably require less legal effort from Nintendo than getting Megaman. A counterargument against it I've heard recently is "Nintendo would be lazy", but this is not even funny.
Neutral arguments that can be either behind or against Tails.
~ It's too early to see the pattern in 3rd party reps. They were only in one game. We don't know if Sonic and Snake will come back at all. No Sonic, Sonic only or Sonic and Tails all could happen.
~ We don't know much about Smash 4.
Arguments against Tails in Smash 4.
- "Guest fighters" term. This is a pretty common argument against Sonic reps in Smash 4. When a guest comes to house, he does not bring dozens of friends through the garage.
- Priority logic. Why expand a third party franchise, when you can put Nintendo characters or other third parties in that place? However, we can look at it different way - Sonic series is still incredibly popular and is more recognized than definite most of series we have in Smash. Also, all of the positive arguments behind above apply.
- There is also another version of previous argument - Sonic is enough, beause fans can have their precious "Mario vs. Sonic" already. But, those people seem to forget that when they buy Smash, they want to have "Luigi vs. Ganondorf", "Mewtwo vs. Falco" and many similar things. What if I want to see Tails fighting against Nintendo reps other than Mario (because that is already possible in olympic crossovers)? However, this way of thinking may quickly lead to ridiculous things like "What if I want to see Spiderman battling Zelda?" So, we have to stop at one moment. However, these moments seem to be pretty varied for different series. First, we consider 4th parties, because they won't take much time. Instant BEEEP. 'kay, let's take a look at Mario. Mario? Fine. Luigi? Fine. Bowser? Fine. Peach? Fine. Dr. Mario? Okay. Toad or Bowser Jr.? The majority of community seems to agree with this.
Pokemon. Pikachu? Fine. Jigglypuff? Fine. Mewtwo? Fine. Pichu? Fine. Lucario? Fine. Squirtle? Ivysaur? Charlizard? All fine. 5th gen rep? Fine. See, we got pretty far with this one.
Now, Sonic! Sonic? Fine. Tai-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
Where do those limits come from? From what we've seen already. What we've seen already? Single Sonic character. Why shouldn't / should we get another one? Loop occurs.
In my opinion, "Sonic is enough, because fans can have their precious "Mario vs. Sonic" already" argument is the main one against Tails in SSB4.
- Fanbase breakdown. When we get another Sonic rep, countless kids will start dreaming about MOAR of them. I can safely say it's an incorrect argument, because it already happened after Sonic's inclusion in Brawl.
- There may be licensing problems, but I wouldn't say they'd be bigger than when getting Megaman into...
While some of those arguments seems plausible like "tails is a second Sonic rep", you still have to think about it.

Sonic is a 3rd party character, and obviously he's recently had many Nintendo only inclusions such as Colors and Black Knight, but you still have to remember, he a guest, not a completly established Nintendo franchise, sure you may argue that Tails is popular and would be less of a hassle to throw in rather than Megaman, but do you really think fans would really go for Tails over Megaman? Sure maybe Sonic fans, but I doubt it, plus the 3rd party roster is limited, if we were to get more 3rd party's aside from Sonic and Snake that would be only 3 at most and even that's pushing it, I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that Sora and company won't expand on it.

The point is that even though Tails is a popular Sonic sidekick, there are way better deserving Nintendo characters to be added instead, even if Sonic franchise has ties with Sakurai, I can definetly see Sakurai adding a Capcom rep instead as it's a possibility even if it is more legally difficult.

This talks about a possible Capcom rep for SSB4
http://m.ign.com/articles/1174797

I think what we all mean by "The character will most likely get in" actually means the character deserves to get in. We can't predict the characters who would get in Smash nor we can't judge their chances. That goes for Toad, Jr., Ridley and even Little Mac and Mega Man. They may be likely but we can't tell. I think we should use the word, deserve more than likely or will be in SSB 4. This is like how Snake got in, no one thought about Snake getting in until the trailer.

For the mean time... What do you guys want to talk about? Something about the number of characters or something about SSB 4?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Bowser Jr!?!?!?ajjsdgg---

Just kidding. If that's your personal opinion then I'm fine with it. I only go against those people who tell me to or if well.... they make horrible or stupid points about Toad.

Anything about Ridley's Final Smash and final smash in general? Personally, I'm fine with the smash ball. What should be Ridley's final smash?
Yeah, sorry. That's just the way I see it. I really don't care for him at all as a character, but the prospect of him using a paintbrush is a very neat idea. You could flick droplets of paint during an attack, each droplet causing a bit of damage. Plus there's the flick itself which could do damage. Attacks that are both close AND long range?!?! Just sounds amazing. Plus you could perhaps change what kind of paint is used. Electric paint could stun opponents, while Fire paint could send them upward. You could mark parts of the stage... ANYWAY I'm rambling.

AS FOR RIDLEY'S FINAL SMASH: There are a few things that could be done. A lot seem to come up with the BORING idea of him flying off-stage, then flying in from behind the stage to ram opponents. Pretty much exactly what he does after you beat him at the beginning of Super Metroid. Some say he should transform into Meta-Ridley, to give him access to even more attacks, like a plasma beam and bombs. I never liked Meta-Ridley all that much though. BUT I SAY, as a reference to his status as the military leader of the Space Pirates, he should call forth a Space Pirate ship. The ship would drop off a few Space Pirates to help Ridley in the fight. Think of them as the enemies in Melee's adventure mode, lol. You could attack (and throw!) them to get rid of them. They would fight back with weak close-range and beam attacks. There would just be a lot of them to deal with. IT'S A LOT LIKE PIT AND DEDEDE'S IN TERMS OF PRESENTATION. Other than that it would be rather unique~

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is a 3rd party character, and obviously he's recently had many Nintendo only inclusions such as Colors and Black Knight, but you still have to remember, he a guest, not a completly established Nintendo franchise, sure you may argue that Tails is popular and would be less of a hassle to throw in rather than Megaman, but do you really think fans would really go for Tails over Megaman? Sure maybe Sonic fans, but I doubt it, plus the 3rd party roster is limited, if we were to get more 3rd party's aside from Sonic and Snake that would be only 3 at most and even that's pushing it, I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that Sora and company won't expand on it.
Yes, I'm aware Sonic is a guest, hence the neutral and first negative arguments. Tails and Megaman do not negate each other, but when it comes to priorities, I have to say Megaman is far over Tails. I was skeptical about that, but since I've seen what Nintendo recently said about inclusion of Capcom characters, I'm almost certain Megaman will be in.

3rd party roster is limited, but we don't know how will it really look. Everything can happen - Megaman only, the Snake-Sonic-Megaman combo, someone could be cut, someone could get another rep.
The point is that even though Tails is a popular Sonic sidekick, there are way better deserving Nintendo characters to be added instead, even if Sonic franchise has ties with Sakurai, I can definetly see Sakurai adding a Capcom rep instead as it's a possibility even if it is more legally difficult.
Priority argument, as I've called it. We don't know what will it end up like, there are different ways to view things tho - "deservingness" or popularity. What you're saying is more likely, but it can end up the other way too.

OmegaXXII

berserker01 said:
Here's a moveset I found interesting:

Smash up - Wing Smash (awesome range!)
Smash side - Cruncher ( A swift hard bite that launches)
Smash down- Tail whip
Throw - Prey pick up

Final Smash
Self destruction (kills all) respawns has Meta Ridley who is heaver, slower and harder to launch, pogo stick move is now super strong although produces zero bounce with a recovery time. Wing Smash produces multiplue hits although it's end result launch power is weaker. Fire ball is not chargeable but can be fired faster they look more like energy balls with no fire damage present.. When Meta Ridley dies the normal version respawns if Meta gets a FS-ball his self destruction FS respawns normal Ridley with 15 percent damage added..

He would kinda be like Samus/Zero Suit sort of way, but a Hyper Beam blast from his mouth would work just as fine.

I love you Blue Shell idea, it would literally break any attemting shielding which would add more strategy.

We also need items such as the xtra large mushroom from The New Mario Bros.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
I was going to suggest Tails replace Shadow as an assist trophy, but than I remembered what an amazing AT Dr Robotnik/Eggman and his wrecking ball mech from sonic 1 would make.

So yeah. Sonic for playable, Robotnik for assist trophy, all other sonic characters for minor background cameos.

I know he's doesn't deserve it but has anyone ever thought of....

Waddle Dee from Super Star, Super Star Ultra and the upcoming Kirby Wii?

He's like Toad and Yoshi except he can be identified as the Waddle Dee with the bandana.

Sounds impossible but interesting.

Oh and I have an Idea for a Sonic stage: The Casino themed stage.

The blue shell can also hit you even if your dodging. If you're near an enemy, the enemy will be hit along with you to add the fear factor with the blue shell. It will encourage the players to run for their life.

POW block - I know there's a POW block in the Mario Bros. stage. It seems like a great idea. Throwing it will cause all characters to trip. It is one of the only ways to make a character trip.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
Oh and I have an Idea for a Sonic stage: The Casino themed stage.
Personally I'd like something based on death egg zone as it'd give them an excuse to use this song-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4L4TSrDB4M

The blue shell can also hit you even if your dodging. If you're near an enemy, the enemy will be hit along with you to add the fear factor with the blue shell. It will encourage the players to run for their life.
Blue shell already make people rage the hell out in mario kart. Are you really sure you want them in any other game?

Blue shell already make people rage the hell out in mario kart. Are you really sure you want them in any other game?
I like seeing people rage.

That's why there is such thing as turning off the item. If you're talking online, they can still off it.

OmegaXXII

Yes, I'm aware Sonic is a guest, hence the neutral and first negative arguments. Tails and Megaman do not negate each other, but when it comes to priorities, I have to say Megaman is far over Tails. I was skeptical about that, but since I've seen what Nintendo recently said about inclusion of Capcom characters, I'm almost certain Megaman will be in.

3rd party roster is limited, but we don't know how will it really look. Everything can happen - Megaman only, the Snake-Sonic-Megaman combo, someone could be cut, someone could get another rep
While it is difficult to say which 3rd party will make an appearance, we can at least go by popularity and demand for a certain said character. Snake's inclusion wasn't so much because of popularity since most Nintendo fanboys didn't even care about the guy, but because of Hideo Kojima's influence on Sakurai, Kojima wanted Snake so bad that well.. You know the rest.

I could be wrong, but seeing a said character such as Tails who already has his series implemented in the Smash universe it definetly wouldn't be out of the question to include him if Sakurai and Sega agree upon it, but again it only depends whether Sega is interested in the matter, we can say it's safe to say Sonic will be in, but another rep from the series? Doubtful but surely not impossible.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
While it is difficult to say which 3rd party will make an appearance, we can at least go by popularity and demand for a certain said character. Snake's inclusion wasn't so much because of popularity since most Nintendo fanboys didn't even care about the guy, but because of Hideo Kojima's influence on Sakurai, Kojima wanted Snake so bad that well.. You know the rest.

I could be wrong, but seeing a said character such as Tails who already has his series implemented in the Smash universe it definetly wouldn't be out of the question to include him if Sakurai and Sega agree upon it, but again it only depends whether Sega is interested in the matter, we can say it's safe to say Sonic will be in, but another rep from the series? Doubtful but surely not impossible.
Agreed with this.

OmegaXXII

POW block - I know there's a POW block in the Mario Bros. stage. It seems like a great idea. Throwing it will cause all characters to trip. It is one of the only ways to make a character trip.
Wow! I never thought the Blue Shells actually had a big impact on people.. running for their lives lol...

I love that POW Block idea as well, it would definetly cause a mini earthquake of sorts and of course deal some nice damage in the process, why hasn't Nintendo thought of these items yet?, they are very significant to the series.

As for Sonic, Casino is definetly a classic but this time around I'd like to see something like City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2.

More item ideas!

Cucco - These guys help you fly across the stage. On first, they go upwards then falls slowly by flapping it's wings. If you hit it too much, it will turn red and summon over 20 cuccos to destroy everyone!

New skin for the super scope - It should have blue shots and it should look like a wii zapper.

New assist trophy - L-block from tetris - Rain of blocks come from the sky landing on the ground crushing the opponent dealing 15% damage.

New assist trophy - Cactuar - Cactuar jumps and shoots needles everywhere hitting everyone except Cuccos or the player who summons it. The needles makes the enemy freeze after a 3 seconds until Cactuar disappears. Basically, it works like how it works in Sports Mix

The Boot from Mario Bros. 3 - You can go on it and squish your opponents! It deals 10% oer stomp

That's how a party game is. SSB is not only a competitive and fighting game but it's also a party game. It's all about intense fights, pressuring moments and times where in everything is crazy as hell. That's the definition of party.

I remember those times in Mk Wii wi-fi... Whenever I'm 1st place, that ******* blue shell hits me then I get hit by a star man then I get that blooper ink on my screen then I get pow blocked then I get hit by a bullet bill then I fall to my death. Fortunately, I got 4th place (4 out of 10). Lol good times

Err.... The link leads me to some random results of some people.

Stage ideas:

Toad Town

The toads watch the characters of SSB duke it out in the town. The fighters can extend the battle on top of the roofs. You might as well see some goombas, koopas and bowser's other minions passing by.

Hazard: Some mean toads might throw some bananas and other items in the fight. They can even throw a smash ball. Koopas might turn into shells, goombas might attack and maybe other minions will do anything to interfere the fight.

This is Toad's home stage.

Aquarium Park

The aquarium park is back from Sonic colors! You can hear Eggman talking about the fight. If you are using the Wii U controller, you might notice yourself in the screen of the park! Eggman might call you ugly or handsome!

Hazards: Fishes and other creatures underwater may come out and attack the player.

This is Sonic's other home stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom