• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its more when i watch matches on SV, the music pops up in the matches i'm trying to watch.... And its just hard for me to feel intense when the music is anti-intense

:| i like hearing the game sounds as audio cues help alot (especially with Snake)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You must have some loud *** TVs at tournies. I've never had that problem XD

Ussi, the EUs have gotten to me. I have WoodFall Ville and a whole bunch of Touhou music now. I also gotten really good at platform canceling LOL.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai could have picked more tracks that would have suited battling better.

Animal Crossing - 5PM
Animal Crossing - 1AM
Animal Crossing - 5AM
Animal Crossing - K.K. Fusion (why was this not in Brawl!?)
Animal Crossing - Rockin' K.K.
Animal Crossing - The K. Funk
Animal Crossing - K.K. Metal
Animal Crossing - K.K. House (better yet why wasn't this one?!)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Animal Crossing - 5PM
Animal Crossing - 1AM
Animal Crossing - 5AM
Well great, now I'm going to have to listen to all of those~

I really wonder how they would have sounded in Smash though. 2 AM was so different, lol.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I'm glad the Brawl team put so much time on the soundtrack. A solid soundtrack is one of those finishing touches that adds to the replayability of a game. Also, the guys working on the music are different from the ones working on like game physics. So I don't think time spent on music was time not spent on other parts of the game; brawl just had a larger team working/more expensive to make.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@iblis

All my music is hacked for touhou as its much more appealing to brawl to. Juat music hacks didn't come to me till like 1.5 years into the game for me. I want those 1.5 years on smash4 to have good music still xD

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Animal Crossing - 5PM
Animal Crossing - 1AM
Animal Crossing - 5AM
Animal Crossing - K.K. House (better yet why wasn't this one?!)
Wow that K.K. Fusion is mad dope. Why wasn't it in Brawl?? I wouldn't have changed that. Actually I'm going to have a .bstrm made for it.

I'm glad the Brawl team put so much time on the soundtrack. A solid soundtrack is one of those finishing touches that adds to the replayability of a game. Also, the guys working on the music are different from the ones working on like game physics. So I don't think time spent on music was time not spent on other parts of the game; brawl just had a larger team working/more expensive to make.
I respect that. I just think they could have done better. Even though, I think whenever people are given the chance to put their music into the game, it fits their personality and will make them enjoy it even more.

I know have a lot of Sonic Adventure series music in my game because not only do they fit the stages I put them on, I feel the nostalgia :)

@Ussi: Touhou da bess :awesome: jeux interdits

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol it looks like this about to become our chatroom so I'll just be back tomorrow after Drumline practice. I need to sleep so I can be ready for that anyways

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
When will you come out with a new stage concept? I enjoy reading those, they are well thought out.

Star, we are going to have to sit down one day and talk music. That other song is pretty fresh. Yeah i was talking to you.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When will you come out with a new stage concept? I enjoy reading those, they are well thought out.
Assuming you are talking to me, I'll probably finish one tomorrow. I'm still thinking about which idea I want to go with. Also was sidetracked with my sudden foray into sig making. But I'm taking a break from that for a day so I'll probably make a decision on which concept to go with.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I've got the perfect theme song for the Duck Hunt Stage.

This remix is freaking AWESOME.

http://duck.thasauce.net/2010/songs/101-MyVeryFirstLaserGun_[TH3HT].mp3
Nice stuff. Going on my hard drive pronto.

So I was reading a bit of the Pokemon character debate.

People actually think they'll drop Jiggs? I'd be okay with it honestly but I don't see it happening.

Mewtwo might have made it back for Brawl and the outcry for removing him was notable so of all the cut characters I'd say Mewtwo has a decent chance of returning.

I don't know about this debate over Victini, Zoroark and Genesect but one of them will be playable I'm sure.

Meowth would be interesting. I personally feel they have more than enough 1st gen representation but Meowth is a popular Pokemon. I hadn't heard he was planned for any SSB but got cut in the end. That's news to me and kind of ups Meowth's chances in my opinion. I'd rather have Mewtwo back though. That's my personal opinion on that matter. I'd take Meowth over Jiggs but again I dont' see Jiggs getting the boot.

Nintendo is publishing Last Story but it's developed by Mistwalker. So my question is, would that make a Last Story rep 3rd party or not? Could make or break the chances for one of them to be playable.

I don't mean to fuel a pointless debate here but Earthworm Jim has been in recent ports of his old games for Xbox Live (and I think PSN) and DSi which does count for something in the "hasn't been in a game in about a decade" argument. Chances for him making it are extremely low but man I'd love to play as him. I always liked using him in that one Clayfighter game he was in.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
...Read what I said regarding your statement "Lucario and Mewtwo are similar" when they obviously are not.
Well, they're not exactly the same but I felt they had similar feels and a couple of similar attacks. I mained Mewtwo in Melee and it wasn't difficult to switch to Lucario.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: Nooooo feed not the trolls!
I must have missed something along the way?

As far as The Last Story is concerned I have been attempting to figure that one out because I truly do not know who owns what in this situation? I'm unable to tell if Nintendo holds any rights or not? After listening to some of the OST I'd sure hate for it not to be at this point.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well, they're not exactly the same but I felt they had similar feels and a couple of similar attacks. I mained Mewtwo in Melee and it wasn't difficult to switch to Lucario.
That doesn't make them similar...they aren't similar moveset wise or gameplay wise especially when the mechanics of Brawl and Melee are different.

Especially when you factor in Aura Lucario definitely is not like Mewtwo.

I must have missed something along the way?
I think he was referring to Chris.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
That doesn't make them similar...they aren't similar moveset wise or gameplay wise especially when the mechanics of Brawl and Melee are different.

Especially when you factor in Aura Lucario definitely is not like Mewtwo.
Whatever you say man, I just recognized some of Mewtwo in Lucario when I first played him. If you didn't, then that's you.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay, I can't take away your opinion but it's base isn't factually right.

Does Mewtwo have a base power then it increases with every hit above 75% like Lucario's does?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Technically Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower were all developed by third party franchises and published by Nintendo (according to Wikipedia). So make of it what you will.

Ok Xenoblade is definitely Nintendo property. Well apparently Satoru Iwata is the executive producer for The Last Story, watched the credits. Still says Nintendo/Mistwalker, so I'm not sure if this is a Super Mario RPG situation or not?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Okay, I can't take away your opinion but it's base isn't factually right.

Does Mewtwo have a base power then it increases with every hit above 75% like Lucario's does?
Of course Mewtwo didn't. That was a new mechanic with Lucario, I simply felt that the moveset was a little similar. Jeez... :glare: I can't really put my finger in it, but Lucario did remind me of Mewtwo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Long as you know. Your opinion is yours. Just, it's not right to say the are similar when data says otherwise. :-/ Sorry to be an *** about it LOL

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Of course Mewtwo didn't. That was a new mechanic with Lucario, I simply felt that the moveset was a little similar. Jeez... :glare: I can't really put my finger in it, but Lucario did remind me of Mewtwo.
I dunno, I think the only thing Lucario has in common with Mewtwo is the standard B, Aura Sphere being similar to Shadow Ball. Other than that, that's pretty much where the similarities end as far as I know.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I wouldn't hope TOO much for Last Story/Pandora's Tower/Xenoblade to make it into Smash 4 in character form for sure. Same goes for Takamaru and Sukapon, really. For a few reasons.

1) Japan Only- I know, Fire Emblem, right? But Fire Emblem was a long running very popular franchise, as opposed to one game apiece. Besides, they BARELY made it over in the first place. But limiting the exposure of a character to one of the smaller gaming markets? Not a good sign for gaming icons.
2) One Game- No character franchise in Brawl at least was a one hit wonder. Captain Olimar had two. Pit had Two. Ice Climber has a half-dozen rereleases and ports. R.O.B. has a couple. Those games are a single, not a franchise.
3) Murky Depths of IP ownership- Probably are using Nintendo for distribution and are third-party.

The franchises we can realistically expect would be like...
Custom Robo, Animal Crossing, Wars, Legend of Starfy, etc.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Technically Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower were all developed by third party franchises and published by Nintendo (according to Wikipedia). So make of it what you will.

Ok Xenoblade is definitely Nintendo property. Well apparently Satoru Iwata is the executive producer for The Last Story, watched the credits. Still says Nintendo/Mistwalker, so I'm not sure if this is a Super Mario RPG situation or not?
Probably all 3 are unlikely to get playable characters in SSB4 but thanks for chiming in.

Looks like just about every one of them would be using a sword anyway. Not that I mind having more sword users if they play uniquely.

But there's also Takamaru to consider and his chances have grown decently since Brawl. Particularly for being playable in a game released in the US relatively recently.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
^^^ That's what I was saying lol.
Truth be told, I hope they bring Mewtwo back in Smash4. Granted he wasn't the best character in Melee, but it was Mewtwo! How often does one get to control Mewtwo in a fighting game? Same can be said for other characters, but still. Also, Mewtwo wasn't even a clone, and had they kept him with his same moveset for Brawl, he wouldn't have a clone, or even a "Luigi-fied" version of himself, since Lucario is completely different.

I can understand Roy and Pichu being clones and all, but what they can do is bring back clones they didn't bring back for Brawl and redo their movesets for Smash4. I dunno how they'll do this for Pichu, if possible though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Decided to pick up Zero Mission again. Just beat Ridley. The poor thing.

For Ridley, how does this sound as a general playstyle? On the ground, I guess his speed wouldn't be all that fast. His moves would come out fast, and be pretty damaging, but not much knockback to them. Few if any KO potential moves on the ground. They'd also come with some ending lag to them. A lot of the focus for his ground moves would be to send his opponent upward so he can deal with them in the air. IN THE AIR is where he would shine. He'd have great airspeed and most of his attacks would have KO potential.

As for as how'd he'd feel... probably mostly like Yoshi? Yoshi wasn't all that fast, had great airspeed, and his fallspeed would probably work for Ridley. He'd also have a range attack, and maybe something special to his grab game (I want to rake people across the ground!).

I DUNNO, does that all sound like it'd work/FIT? :/

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I wouldn't hope TOO much for Last Story/Pandora's Tower/Xenoblade to make it into Smash 4 in character form for sure. Same goes for Takamaru and Sukapon, really. For a few reasons.

1) Japan Only- I know, Fire Emblem, right? But Fire Emblem was a long running very popular franchise, as opposed to one game apiece. Besides, they BARELY made it over in the first place. But limiting the exposure of a character to one of the smaller gaming markets? Not a good sign for gaming icons.
2) One Game- No character franchise in Brawl at least was a one hit wonder. Captain Olimar had two. Pit had Two. Ice Climber has a half-dozen rereleases and ports. R.O.B. has a couple. Those games are a single, not a franchise.
3) Murky Depths of IP ownership- Probably are using Nintendo for distribution and are third-party.

The franchises we can realistically expect would be like...
Custom Robo, Animal Crossing, Wars, Legend of Starfy, etc.
True. I don't think Sukapon has much of a chance at all and Takamaru's are slim but either could get in if the development team wants them.

The same could potentially be said for Xenoblade/Pandora's Tower/The Last Story characters. If the development team wants to use them they could make it.

I'd much sooner expect to see 1 character from Punch-Out!, Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, Animal Crossing, Advance Wars, Starfy and Custom Robo. You just never know what obscure Nintendo franchise might get a rep though. The development team certainly likes to throw in some unexpected choices.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Right. For Smash 4 I'm far more interested in the new franchises coming in rather than more characters from existing series.

Melee introduced 3(?): Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, G&W
Brawl had six new franchises: Sonic, Metal Gear, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Gyromite, and Warioware.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You make me want to research Ridley and make moveset for him. I can see his Side B being a Command Grab that allows you slam your opponent into the ground and rake them across the field. I could talk about it more but I'm too tired LOL.

In Smash 4 I'm mostly concerned about the gameplay, the rosters don't bother me unless something really stupid shows up or happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom