• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash 3

TP

Smash Master
We're back guys!

Venue:
Ogre's Games
4501 S. Kingshighway
Saint Louis, MO 63109
(314) 353-6473

Costs:
Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $5 per person

Tentative Schedule (all estimates):
11 AM - Doors open / registration begins
12:30 PM - Singles pools (no elimination, just for seeding)
3:00 PM - Food break
3:30 PM - Doubles
6:30 PM - Singles bracket

Prizes:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

If we get at least 32 entrants:
1st - 50%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 14%
4th - 7%
5th - 3%
5th - 3%

Other events may happen based on interest and time, such as Random Singles, Random Doubles, Draft Crews, and Low Tier Singles/Doubles.

Housing:
If you want housing, ask for it in this thread and it will be provided. Please ask nice and early.

Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, use G&W Hammers for the choice of controller port.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the G&W Hammers will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Hammer winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color. Teams with Lucario, Sonic and Pokemon Trainer must use Blue Team.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. If you pause, you lose a stock.
* If the game ends as a result of a player using a suicide move that kills both players on their last stock, the initiator of the suicide move will be the winner, regardless of the results screen.
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* LEDGE GRAB LIMIT: 35. If you grab the ledge 36 or more times and the game goes to time, the other player wins.
* DOUBLES: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.

Set format of striking (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
3. The winner of the previous match announces one stage to be banned from being chosen in the next step.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 3-7 for all proceeding matches. In a best of 5 set, both players still only get one ban.

Stages

Starter:

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

If there are problems at the venue, don't hesitate to call for me immediately.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me. My name is Zach Levinson, my email is zmlevinson@go.wustl.edu, and my number is (314) 814-9710.

TP

Smash Master
I pretty much just copy pasted the last tournament's info, minus Pictochat. If there are any problems or if anyone has suggestions let me know. Please note that this is NOT unity ruleset, since I have no problem with splitting. Also I'm gonna get started right now on telling everyone: please bring setups. There's no such thing as too many, but boy can there be too few. If you think we have enough and you don't need to help, you're wrong.

Also this is awesome:

TP

Smash Master
In the previous two, we have had 25 and 16 people. Not great numbers, I know, but if one state decided to bring a car or two, I'm sure the other surrounding states would follow suit. Plus we're STL so parties are expected, even if I don't take part in that or organize it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm interested but it's very doubtful I'll come, Legan has to promise to play Link dittos before it'll be 50%.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'll be there! I know 3 people that are wanting to come to and they've never been to a tournament. They aren't guaranteed yet though.

TP

Smash Master
Zoze, you missed the last two, so I'll believe you're coming when you show up, lol.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Depending on my money situation, I might be heading out here

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm coming. need a teammate too

Papes

Smash Cadet
I want to go, but it appears that all my friends are done trying to get good at Smash. I'll probably end up going regardless, with a set up this time (I PROMISE OR I'LL GIVE YOU ONE FREE SWING AT ME! :p). I don't think I'll have anyone else though, and I'm almost positive I'm going to be much worse. After all, I don't really get an opportunity to practice anymore. :(

I'm not confirming anything, but I'll probably still end up going.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Anyone doing housing for this?

I'm debating coming a day early

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
TP, you want to team with me again? will, you can team with thugz if you want

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can, but its 2 hours out of the way. aka PAST st. louis

TP

Smash Master
Alright guys, let's do this.

Bring whatever equipment you can, please. Nothing bad will come of bringing it, but bad things can happen if you don't. So just bring setups.

See ya soon.

Cook

Smash Master
I would say I should have come, but I probably would have just lost to MJG and Fino and ended up with like 5th or 7th again, lol.

TP

Smash Master
I would say I should have come, but I probably would have just lost to MJG and Fino and ended up with like 5th or 7th again, lol.
Funny enough, I did lose to MJG and Fino and end up 5th.

Full results coming soon.

Top Bottom