• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Solidus

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
This morning, we lost one of our own. This morning, Forest Sharp, known as Solidusspriggan on the Smash World Forums, and his girlfriend were involved in a fatal car accident in Texas during their trip to Las Vegas. The news story is here: http://www.newschannel10.com/story/1...-oldham-county

Forest, or Solidus as he was known in the Smash community, was an especially active member in the Oklahoma Smash scene. He was a Melee Peach player who had momentarily interacted with the competitive scene during prior years, but had just within this year really joined the OK Smash community. He was my regular team partner in doubles. However, aside from being an active player, he was also very active and important in the community. He hosted OH SNAP 6, the first (and only) three Norman Oklahoma Monthlies (NOM), and was organizing a massive gaming event for August called Super Bit Wars. He regularly coordinated with the Harcore Lan Center to organize events, and his efforts were tireless. Aside from Smash Bros., Forest was an avid gamer with a great passion for quality games; the quintessential core gamer. He was also passionate about Arcana Heart 3 and was working to build a competitive scene for it in Oklahoma. He played League of Legends under the handle "Solidusian Fury." It was his goal for the gaming community as a whole in Oklahoma to be united, and he worked to accomplish this like no one I have ever seen. Forest was a graduate student at the University of Oklahoma majoring in History of Science. He was also the president of OU's Animation Society, working hard to integrate gaming into its events.

Rest in peace, Forest. You will be missed, and your legacy will be carried on.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm sorry for your loss, Zinth.

Rest in peace, Forest.

:phone:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Outlaw called me at 230am and let me know. I am literally devastated to hear this news. He was a great guy, I remember playing him in tournaments way back when. I remember him beating me at the mcdonalds tournament.
I'll never forget Forest

:phone:

Jace08

Smash Lord
oh my gosh. I did not know him very well, but as for the time I did spend with him I really ended up liking him a lot. He was just so easy to get along with and talk to.

Zinth, and all the other good friends of his in the area, I'm so sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

Top Bottom