• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swatfest

Dojo

Smash Champion
So I have my house to myself from August 8th-12th. I was thinking about holding a HUGE smashfest along with a possibly house tournament during this time. I was originally planning to have it last into the next weekend and throw the tournament on the 13th but the 4th circuit event will be taking place that day.

I've talked to a few people that have shown alot of interest depending if they can free their schedules that week. I'm still working out the kinks but here's what I've gathered.

You guys can come at any point in the week. I'll be free and here that whole time. We'll have potentially 3-6 setups depending on what is brought. I have plenty of floor space that can hold up to 30ish people pretty comfortably. You'd need to bring pillow/sleeping bag/etc if possible. Then sometime that weekend Friday/Saturday morning make the drive to the 4th circuit event in San Antonio. I will be leaving Saturday morning so you guys are welcome to stay until that point.

I've talked to Sync, and he's going to try and gather a carpool from Houston including Gnes and Razer who have shown interest. Anybody from any area is welcome unless by some offchance that I kind of cap out on room which is unlikely.

We potentially have 3-5 days of high-caliber uninterrupted practice with 2 tournaments in a single week. Texas is such a strong state now, but there's so much we can still work on if you guys are in. If you guys are interested, start forming carpools here, and figure out what you can do.

-Dojo

EDIT:

2330 Houston St
San Angelo, Texas, 76901

It seems like I have enough interest already so I'm gonna go ahead with this.

Like I said you guys are welcome any point starting August 8th. You guys can leave to San Antonio/home at any time until Saturday morning, August 13th when I'll be leaving for the tourney. San Angelo to San Antonio is a 3 hour drive so I'm sure some of you will probably want to leave that Friday. You'll have to work out housing with Nike/San Antonio.

When you get a carpool organized and confirmed, let me know so I can keep a head count. Also, I'm going to need as many setups/TVs as possible. I have a single TV + wii(possibly 2 with Cake) setup so I'll need as much help as possible. I figure we can throw an actual tournament that Thursday night/Friday considering all those that will be here will be here then. We can do singles/doubles/side/crews/whatever you guys want. Time isn't an issue here.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm trying to think of a way I could prepare Nikefest4 and still go to this lol. Maybe go back friday instead of saturday? x)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah, you can come and leave at any point between those days. Just figure out what you need to and let me know.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Fack, that's like the worst possible time for me. I hate you all.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
probably not, but if i can make it i will. unfortunately im still stuck with the fact that i need to make enough money to pay my sister's half of the bills here in just under 2 weeks and i had to put, after the towing fee, $545 into my car 2 days ago, so even though i really hope to go MM dojo....

atm it is only a hope

heytallman

CTALL
Dude, this would be HYPE. If the carpool from Houston leaves on the 8, and if there is enough interest, I may take another carpool for the 10th or something, and then drive back from San Antonio to Houston that night after the SA tournament. This would be fun as hell.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'll probably go.

:phone:
If you're driving up there yourself, maybe we can get an Austin carpool together? ^^;
I sure as hell can't go that far in my own car unless it's at night. :<

Dojo

Smash Champion
We can have all of those events. I'm sure singles and doubles will both take place. Probably small entry. 5$ a piece for each event.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
would someone be willing to drive me to SA tourney if im able to drive myself to DOJO's? i can't afford to put stress on my car but im hoping my money stuff is better in time for this

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol Maharba. You need to check out Google maps. San Antonio is on the way back home for you guys. My house is 6 hours away.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol yes. You're literally allowed here from that Monday up until that Saturday morning if you guys want. All I ask is you help clean up after yourselves a bit each day so my mom doesn't get home that Saturday and go crazy.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Nobody gives two ****s about Toon Link. If you come, you'll be walking into the oldest known battlefield of the TLK. Most have never even ventured into these parts. You will leave here with your soul gone and your spirit completely demoralized. Eat. A. ****.

Top Bottom