• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Role PMs going out.... there IS a Night 0 before the game begins, so I'll have to wait until that's finished. Then the rules will be posted.

PM me with any questions you have or if you don't receive your role PM.

I'm sending the role PM to the hydra accoutns. Ryker is getting the Ryker/raziek hydra PM.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, and Night 0 actions? Unless it's stated in your role PM that they occur before the game begins, you don't get any. Only some do.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I still need Night 0 actions from some of you; read your role PMs carefully. If it says you have an ability you can or need to use before the game, send it in or tell me you aren't going to use it!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still need Night 0 actions from some of you; read your role PMs carefully. If it says you have an ability you can or need to use before the game, send it in or tell me you aren't going to use it!

Overswarm

is laughing at you

People were never really born to time travel. We don't have the head for it; it takes a lot of planning to make sense and you must know every tiny aspect to prevent making a ripple in time when you do.

People weren't really born to fly either, but we managed.

But now time is getting a bit crowded. Even those with the right intentions are causing trouble... and there are quite a few who don't have the best intentions. Do you have any idea how much trouble you can cause when you can recreate an entire series of events, over and over and over again?

Their power will make them difficult to combat, but you've got power too. Use it wisely, work as a team, and you just might come out ahead.

Day 1 begins.
With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Monday, August 1st, at 3:00 p.m. EST (long first day)

Good luck!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, it's nice to see that another game is starting. It's been a while...

Vote: Overswarm

Because there's no better way to cause a time paradox. XD

T-block

B2B TST
Game's gonna be sickkkk. Understanding Night actions is gonna be crazy though haha.

Mmm.... could night action discussion have more of a place in this game than in others? I'm trying to figure out how to approach this new mechanic. Looks like it could help, but maybe not.

Laundry sex dance, what the hell is that song

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'd rather not try breaking the game. This is an overswarm setup, if it's anything like his past ones, such attempts WILL backfire horribly. It may not even be safe to assume stuff like "only one cop" or such.

July

Smash Apprentice
@T-Block- There is really no way to discuss Night actions without giving up a lot of information about roles or without pr fishing or even directing, and that would hurt us a lot more than it would help right now. There might be a place for Night action discussion and speculation at some point, but for now I think that would be putting way too much information out there and would actually hurt town.

T-block

B2B TST
I was referring more to later stages in the game, but I pretty much agree.

Let me rephrase: should town as a whole approach this mechanic any differently? Does it affect our lynch choices?

For example, if we have a claimed vig who can time travel, we might consider having the vig kill our lynch choice on a future night if we want the lynchee to be able to survive for a bit longer, but don't want to have to worry about him, etc. etc. On a more fundamental level, is there any way it could affect who we pressure?

The whole mechanic is very interesting, and I hope everyone is thinking about the possibilities.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Jeez J didn't even tell me the game started yet.

Vote: Swiss yessss!

So we mass claiming right? Everyone knows mass claiming is broken for town in an OS game.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Nothing useful there really :/.

Instead let me distract you with this hilarious video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81szj1vpEu8&feature=player_embedded#at=181

@Reyth: So you've played mafia before? Do you know OS in real life? I'm serious

@T-Block: I don't think mechanics will affect our lynch choices. Wii intend to play normally. Do you think wii should play differently or are you just open to suggestions?

@Nich: Did you ever glance upon the FF6 set up?

@Sex Dance: I hate all that cutsie anime stuff :mad:

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Game's gonna be sickkkk. Understanding Night actions is gonna be crazy though haha.

Mmm.... could night action discussion have more of a place in this game than in others? I'm trying to figure out how to approach this new mechanic. Looks like it could help, but maybe not.

Laundry sex dance, what the hell is that song
I... don't like you already this game :c

Vote: T-block
I was referring more to later stages in the game, but I pretty much agree.

Let me rephrase: should town as a whole approach this mechanic any differently? Does it affect our lynch choices?

For example, if we have a claimed vig who can time travel, we might consider having the vig kill our lynch choice on a future night if we want the lynchee to be able to survive for a bit longer, but don't want to have to worry about him, etc. etc. On a more fundamental level, is there any way it could affect who we pressure?

The whole mechanic is very interesting, and I hope everyone is thinking about the possibilities.
Certainly you can think about possibilities, but save that for later. What's important right now is finding scum and lynching them... and your first post was the scummiest thing to me so far. If lynching a certain scum somehow doesn't work properly due to the mechanics of this game, then we can worry about the mechanics of the game and what to do with them. Do you agree?

My RVS vote just became 100% serious.
And I like this guy already.

@July: Your RVS vote doesn't surprise me. How well can you read Ran?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hm... Not sure what to think on T-block. It's dumb or scum for sure, but it strikes me more as a dumb-tell than a scum tell. I think a little pressure for further info might be informative here.

T-block

B2B TST
Certainly you can think about possibilities, but save that for later. What's important right now is finding scum and lynching them... and your first post was the scummiest thing to me so far. If lynching a certain scum somehow doesn't work properly due to the mechanics of this game, then we can worry about the mechanics of the game and what to do with them. Do you agree?
Yeah I agree. I'll drop it.

I do NOT like Nicholas' vote on me though... jumps on a wagon but still qualifies the jump saying it's probably just dumb instead of scum.

At the risk of being accused of OMGUS:

vote: Nicholas1024

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mhmm, I agree.

Vote: Nicholas

Why didn't you vote Tblock earlier when you mentioned to him his idea wouldn't work in this setup?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Well, it's nice to see that another game is starting. It's been a while...

Vote: Overswarm

Because there's no better way to cause a time paradox. XD
I'd rather not try breaking the game. This is an overswarm setup, if it's anything like his past ones, such attempts WILL backfire horribly. It may not even be safe to assume stuff like "only one cop" or such.
pff, votes the mod, then next post says he wouldn't want to break the game, before even seeing if his modvote counted on a votecount. then...

Hm... Not sure what to think on T-block. It's dumb or scum for sure, but it strikes me more as a dumb-tell than a scum tell. I think a little pressure for further info might be informative here.

jumps onto the first wagon available after calling the guy not that scummy. And he could have voted for him before an actual "wagon" was in place.

unvote
Vote: Nicholas

idk I'd hate it if scum was THAT obvious, but sometimes they are.

I'm liking Ran already.

Top Bottom