• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I still don't get why it would be worth less to beat the same person in Loser's Bracket.
I'm really good. I go to tournament with lots of people. I lose first round, intentionally. Then I breeze through losers, winner almost twice as many games as I would have if I just stayed in winners. I just gained double ELO, essentially. Don't believe me? Go look at a typical full bracket.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm a little lost here. How would you be getting double ELO? If I beat Bio in Loser's Bracket (someone in F tier), how would that be better than beating Gnes in Winner's bracket. The people in Loser's bracket are worse than the people in Winners and you already get less points because of that.

You say "breeze through losers" as if there isn't a 2nd player involved. Those people in Loser's bracket used to be in Winner's bracket right? If I deserve like 24 points for beating Razer in winner's bracket, why is that worth only half as much if I beat him in loser's bracket?

Sync.

Smash Champion
Because being in loser's is a privilege Tesh. Gnes, Razer, Trela, Dojo could forfeit and farm points by forfeiting first round if he wanted at ANY Texas tournament.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wouldn't a top seed losing the maximum amount of points to a bottom seed by forfeit basically invalidate him getting +3-5 points for beating people way below him.

Like:
Winner's Round 1 -Dojo forfeits to Tesh -24 points
losers round 1-dojo beats bio +4
lr2-dojo beats xyro +5
etc.
and in later losers rounds he could run into gnes, razer, denti etc. and wind up with a net loss regardless so i still dont see it.

im curious now so im reading all the links in the OP hoping it will give me a better understanding

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
EDIT: WOW, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE ME TO TYPE THAT? Double ninjas.

And I'm not saying it's a BAD system, Infinity. It's just something I've never really seen before. ^^;

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Tesh, here's an example bracket. Follow Dphat and assume he wins as many games as possible (excluding Winner Finals / Grand Finals). If he wins round 1, follow the red. If he loses round 1, follow the blue.

[collapse=Hobo 31 Bracket]
[/collapse]

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Damn Dphat catch that Jerm bro!

And come on tesh. The points are that way so they can't farm, that's why there's a possibility of a net loss. If it was 24 pts on each side it'd be easy to gain major points, see above example.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ok I understand now that Loser's bracket is bigger than winner's bracket. But I still don't see how beating all the worse players would be a bigger gain than beating all the good players.

I guess I get it now though....

Denti

Smash Master
I'm going down next update. I'm not as good as the PR shows. >.>

I am going to train as hard as possible tho.. more so than ever before. Hopefully I improve.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Only 20th worst in Texas now, Leaf. Maybe one day you'll pass Since.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
At Sync's the other day, I asked if RT had his recording set up like he always does but sure enough he didn't, I knew you would be sad :(

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh, Idc about videos lol I'm just super glad that Roy_R actually went to a smashfest.
Is he gonna play again? His Marth still ****?

Tell me. Everything.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Oh, Idc about videos lol I'm just super glad that Roy_R actually went to a smashfest.
Is he gonna play again? His Marth still ****?

Tell me. Everything.
Idk what he's gonna do, he may play, who knows

His Marth is still good, just too agressive, once he plays Brawl as Brawl instead of Melee he'll be ****

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RoyR the hero!

But yeah, he'll never come back in full force...he's more interested in Melee anyways.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Tell him MK might get banned! That'll bring him back for sure! Oh boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom