• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash 4

TP

Smash Master

LOL badass banner for a local.

Copy/pasted from OS3 with small updates:

Venue:
Ogre's Games
4501 S. Kingshighway
Saint Louis, MO 63109
(314) 353-6473

Costs:
Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $5 per person

Tentative Schedule (all estimates):
11 AM - Doors open / registration begins
12:30 PM - Singles pools (no elimination, just for seeding)
3:00 PM - Food break
3:30 PM - Doubles
6:30 PM - Singles bracket

Prizes:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

If we get at least 32 entrants:
1st - 50%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 14%
4th - 7%
5th - 3%
5th - 3%

Other events may happen based on interest and time, such as Random Singles, Random Doubles, Draft Crews, and Low Tier Singles/Doubles.

Housing:
If you want housing, ask for it in this thread and it will possibly be provided. Please ask nice and early.

Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, use G&W Hammers for the choice of controller port.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the G&W Hammers will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Hammer winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color. Teams with Lucario, Sonic and Pokemon Trainer must use Blue Team.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. If you pause, you lose a stock.
* If the game ends as a result of a player using a suicide move that kills both players on their last stock, the initiator of the suicide move will be the winner, regardless of the results screen.
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* LEDGE GRAB LIMIT: 35. If you grab the ledge 36 or more times and the game goes to time, the other player wins.
* DOUBLES: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.

Set format of striking (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
3. The winner of the previous match announces one stage to be banned from being chosen in the next step.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 3-7 for all proceeding matches. In a best of 5 set, both players still only get one ban.

Stages

Starter:

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

If there are problems at the venue, don't hesitate to call for me immediately.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me. My name is Zach Levinson, my email is zmlevinson@go.wustl.edu, and my number is (314) 814-9710.

TP

Smash Master
We should also come up with something to do there to make it more fun. We always do a crew battle at the end, and we still can, but there are other fun things we could do alongside it. Random doubles anyone?

Also, some hype-producing trash talk: Hylian sucks and I beat him easily at the last tournament. Now I know why they call you Pooplian. LOL jk I <3 u

ALSO, should MK be banned for this? I don't care one way or the other.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I should be at this. If I do expect cookies.♥

I'm really happy that I might finally get to meet you all

You guys are doing random doubles? Those are so much fun!

Nicole

Smash Champion
my birthday party is teh day before this. so i'll probably be here but dont expect me to not be hungover and not enter FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Not coming until results from last tournament are posted so I can do shoutouts

DeLux

Probably can't make it

I have to run a youth service program at my job. I'll know on Tuesday if I can get out of it or not

Saffy

Smash Ace
I will maybe need a partner too for doubles. =]

I can use any of these though Mk / DK and DDD are my best.

I'm not sure if Delux is going and I'm not sure I am 100% going either so I'm just weighing my options.

DeLux

Saffypie, I can vouch for Excel
He's better than I am so if I don't go, you would probably do well teaming with him

Actually, even if I went, you'd probably be better off teaming with him lol :(

Saffy

Smash Ace
You wanna team Saf?
Sure. Well if I go and Delux doesn't go n.n Who do you think you would use in doubles?
My dad is going to Canada for a business trip on Monday but he said he might be back on Friday.. Let's hope so because he is my ride.

Oh and I wanted to ask everyone... what kind of cookies do you guys like? I can bake Chocolate chip and Sugar w/ frosting. :D

How many people do you expect to be there... Kinda need to know so I can make them!

Delux: Well you asked first so if you do go I will team with you

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Sure. Well if I go and Delux doesn't go n.n Who do you think you would use in doubles?
My dad is going to Canada for a business trip on Monday but he said he might be back on Friday.. Let's hope so because he is my ride.

Oh and I wanted to ask everyone... what kind of cookies do you guys like? I can bake Chocolate chip and Sugar w/ frosting. :D

How many people do you expect to be there... Kinda need to know so I can make them!

Omg cookies! I got to make it to this xD. Chocolate chip the best.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Omg cookies! I got to make it to this xD. Chocolate chip the best.
WOW. I remember you from Arizona when I used to live there, then you disappeared for months, right before I moved to Missouri. How have you been? :O
Don't know if you remember me, I was that blonde girl .. I wasn't amazing at the game but I did well in doubles :X.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Saffypie, I can vouch for Excel
He's better than I am so if I don't go, you would probably do well teaming with him

Actually, even if I went, you'd probably be better off teaming with him lol :(
This unwarranted hype. LOL

It depends on your character. I'll mostly go :metaknight:/:sonic:. I may break out :luigi2: depending on our opponents but :metaknight: is a definite.

Also, chocolate chip is fine with me Saf. I'm not very picky about cookies.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I was thinking "I remember a saffy from AZ back when I lived there, but didn't want to say anything incase you weren't her." Though the pokemon avatar probably should of been enough to confirm it lol.

I've been living in indiana for over a year now, I like it out here a lot more than arizona. It's nice that every oos tourney isn't a 6+ hour drive, so I get to meet and play a lot of different smashers. Though AZ was really cool, always playing the same few people and not being near enough to smashers to play outside of tournament days really makes me appreciate being out here.

Also the high school here is a lot better than the one I went to in AZ. Lol @ arizona being ranked like 45th or something xD.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I decided I will make 3 pans of brownies. maybe some cookies as well. I just hope I can go D:.

Also Delux stop saying you suck, you don't at all.

I was thinking "I remember a saffy from AZ back when I lived there, but didn't want to say anything incase you weren't her." Though the pokemon avatar probably should of been enough to confirm it lol.

I've been living in indiana for over a year now, I like it out here a lot more than arizona. It's nice that every oos tourney isn't a 6+ hour drive, so I get to meet and play a lot of different smashers. Though AZ was really cool, always playing the same few people and not being near enough to smashers to play outside of tournament days really makes me appreciate being out here.

Also the high school here is a lot better than the one I went to in AZ. Lol @ arizona being ranked like 45th or something xD.
Haha yay you remember! Yeah I wasn't the type of person who tried to be the center of attention so I could easily be forgotten. I remember you and your yoshi though (Yoshi slippers? :3) , you were extremely good but you disappeared from the scene after a tournament one day and no one knew where you went.
I also miss Light :=; He left too but I guess he is in New Mexico now?

Oh man I feel you, Arizona had terrible schools and many people were stuck up. The Midwest is much better overall anyways. You are still in High School? :3
The only part that I miss in Arizona is the friends I made and the tournaments. Otherwise I wouldn't want to go back.

This unwarranted hype. LOL

It depends on your character. I'll mostly go :metaknight:/:sonic:. I may break out :luigi2: depending on our opponents but :metaknight: is a definite.

Also, chocolate chip is fine with me Saf. I'm not very picky about cookies.
I am more of a supporter, I can stock tank like no other lol. So :dedede: might be a good choice, But if there are alot of Mk's I'm thinking maybe :dk: or :metaknight: .

Double :luigi: would be fun, but he gets ***** by alot of the top tier characters.

I don't know if you play for fun, or you want to actually do well. I will try my best regardless. =].

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I am more of a supporter, I can stock tank like no other lol. So :dedede: might be a good choice, But if there are alot of Mk's I'm thinking maybe :dk: or :metaknight: .

Double :luigi: would be fun, but he gets ***** by alot of the top tier characters.

I don't know if you play for fun, or you want to actually do well. I will try my best regardless. =].
I tend to have fun in doubles unlike singles. So we can goof off with double :luigi2: if you want. I have no qualms about that whatsoever. :p

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
I will be coming with two friends, which means one of us will be lacking a doubles partner. If anyone is lacking a friend, the odd one out of my group plays lucario, shiek, and peach.

Top Bottom