• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quiz for the Fizz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey, guys. Name's ASage, and I decided to do something a little different this time. How smart are you of Pokemon? Can you think of what could be what? And who's better than what? It's the Quiz for the Fizz game! Once a week I'll post a new question. However there are many answers to the questions. So by judge, I will decide who will win. The rewards varie, so if you wanna show your IQ of Pokemon, come on in, and I'll put you to the test! You might even learn something here yourself!
Questions include:
Best combos
Best Idea
Best Counter
How to answer:
There isn't a format, really, of how you answer. Try to come up with the answer you think is the best. Then I and a couple people from Serebii will judge it, and fault it if may be. Original to Custom, give it your all!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The question is impossible.

Two Identical Pikachu. One with his Wish already activated, a free amount of 50% Health, vs yours at 30%. The game comes to a speed tie at best, so anything that can cause you to win will also allow the opponent to win, with 50% health more leniency.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The opposing Pikachu has a Focus Sash, so it will always kill you if you pack HP Ground, because so will it!

Yay?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
HP Ground with not 70 base power. I mean, your Pikachu already has a terrible EV spread, why give it good IVs?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Too bad in order to trigger your sitrus berry, it would have to do enough damage to 2HKO you regardless anyways, and then it would be down to a speed tie.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Alright, I think I'll give this a shot for real now.

1. Both Pikachu are level 2
2. Moveset is Substitute / Volt Tackle / Wish.
3. It is gen III

Assumptions that I made because your first post is ****ing terrible in terms of being specific:
1. Pikachu must have Wish in its moveset (was not passed on by a teammate)
2. Both Pikachu have identical natures, IVs, and moveset (your "Enemy Pikachu is the same as your Pikachu w/ EVs" is incredibly vague)
3. Your Pikachu switched into your opponent's Pikachu on switch, both with 100% HP (you didn't say **** about this)

With this moveset, you will usually win, depending on speed ties. Sitrus Berry at level 2 heals 30 HP, while Pikachu's Wish heals 7 HP. You can set up a Substitute the first turn you can to break his Focus Sash through recoil damage.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
It's a trick question guys.

Encore / Wish / Protect / Seismic Toss

Just encore the **** out of it, and eventually 3hko with seismic toss. Wish+Protect stall out of offensive PP, then KO. If you lose the speed tie, encore its attack, then proceed to stall. Your sitrus berry allows you to win the fight since the sash is irrelevant, and the opponent has one less PP on Wish from it being used on the switch-in, meaning that you win the recovery war and the opponent will be out of PP to recover sooner than you'll run out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The point is to figure the obvious, even if your opponent sucks at pokemon. And it's not impossible. It can't be -_- just because you guys don't get it, let me give you an example, which I explained up in OP:
My Pikachu would know Dig, with a Ground Gem. The opponent will have 1 damage left. He'll use wish (or shalt it be backwards), then I'd use quick attack ftw. See? not that hard, and I explained it like so but in logic explaination. There is no wrong or right answer. The prize is a Pichu with a Electric Gem. And yes, you might lose, but not the point. Figure how you'd win. Lets try this again.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If you lose the speed tie, the other Pikachu will Encore you into your Encore if they Protect first turn.

I think it's conceivable that you spend the entire time both locked into Encore.

But either way, there's no way to guarantee a win.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The point of the answer is not logic. It's what you know of the opponent. So you don't know it knows encore, therefore it doesn't. Thats how the questions revolve in that matter. Lets try a new question for a lvl 1 Riolu with a Life Orb...

Whats the most effective Lucario combo that you can think of?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wave, Sitrus heals 30% HP now, not 30 HP.

Also how can your Pikachu hold a Ground Gem if its holding a Sitrus Berry? You made a clearly false solution to your own question.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wave, Sitrus heals 30% HP now, not 30 HP.

Also how can your Pikachu hold a Ground Gem if its holding a Sitrus Berry? You made a clearly false solution to your own question.
I believe we went into a new question, bud. Apologies on the last question, I'll remove it :glare:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Is there a real point to having this question outside of the Movesets thread? I understand we lack a Little Cup thread, but.
Excuse me, that isn't the point. The point is for you to answer it and others to learn from the numerous answers you and others give out. -_- get it now? It was a learning process for new players. Plus it's a prize game. Damn, so sorry for your ignorance to be my fault.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Hey.

First of all, your posts aren't coherent.

Second of all, your Pokémon knowledge is seriously lacking.

Third of all, you're an arrogant little toerag who contradicts yourself all the time.

Crawl back to Serebii where you belong, brawlfag.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I bet my Pokemon and me being lucario on Brawl could beat ur ***. You better hope I'm not free this weekend. I'll Trela u into defeat.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, I didn't see much point in this in the first place, but I was willing to give it a shot...but this isn't okay.

Things like this really should be reserved for things like the Counter Game, or some thread in Forum Games, or something like the moveset thread.

Furthermore, the bickering going on here really isn't necessary or okay. If somebody new around here isn't properly creating/posting in threads, either leave it for mods to take care of or nicely point it out. Throwing insults does nothing for either side. And if somebody does insult you in saying something, retorting back with something isn't all right either.

I hope not to see more of this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom