• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl 2 Tournament Results Page

Kaptain

Smash Ace
The Bulldog Brawl 2 Tournament Results Page

Brawl Singles: 29 entrants.
1. Big Lou - $156.00 (:diddy: , :metaknight: , :snake:)
2. Kismet - $78.00 (:metaknight:)
3. 4God - $26.00 (:dedede:)
4. Reflex (:wario: , :pt:)
5. Mc Pee Pants (:wolf: , :ike:)
5. Player-1 (:diddy:)
7. Dynomite (:wario: , :snake:)
7. Micaelis (:wario: , :metaknight: , :dk2:)
9. Player-3 (:fox:)
9. Kidd (:peach:)
9. Kaptain (:dedede: , :jigglypuff:)
9. HeroChima (:peach:)

Melee Singles: 17 entrants
1. Merc - $102 ()
2. Travis - $51 ()
3. Xif - $17 ()
4. Mike G ()
5. BBQ ()
5. John ()
7. Ovo ()
7. SaiXander ()

Brawl Doubles: 15 teams
1. The Will of Daimon - $90 [Reflex (:falcon: , :wario:) Kismet (:metaknight:)]
2. Micaelis & Player-1 feat. BBQ - $45 [Player-1 (:diddy:) Micaelis (:metaknight:)]
3. Howling Farts - $15 [Dynomite (:wario: , :metaknight:) MC Pee-Pants (:wolf:)]
4. Bowser and Marth [Lounis (:diddy: , :metaknight:) Billy (:sheik:)]
5. Green Team [Kaptain (:fox: , :jigglypuff: , :dedede:) HeroChima (:peach: , :marth: , :zerosuitsamus:)
5. Draco-flea [Dracoblaze (:metaknight:) ???? ()]
7. Aftershock [???]
7. Bro [???]

Melee Doubles: 7 teams
1. Thundercats - $42 [Merc /Mike G]
2. Scott Pilgram - $21 [BigLou / ???]
3. The World - $7 [BBQ / ???]
4. 4Aces [Folzy (:peachmelee:) Fatality ()]

There are the main wins. Ill post the bracket images later. If I got any information wrong, please please please tell me so i can fix it. I had alot going on and didn't see all the characters some people used and I don't remember who all was on what team. But for now... bed. I'll shoutout later.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
WOW LOL this was so much fun! It's been a very long time since I've been to a tournament but no johns for real! For those of you who don't know I was that random guy walking around in the shroom hat. If I looked socially awkward it's because I traveled alone and didn't know anyone there very well, but regardless I had a wonderful time :) Everyone helped me improve so much that I can't even begin to explain how awesome the experience was in both Melee and Brawl. I'm really tired right now so I'm gonna throw out mad generic shoutouts and I'm sorry in advance if I don't call you out because I SUCK with names. Just hit me up and remind me of who you were and I'll remember in the future :)

Mike.G and Crew- You guys are so legit! Thanks for coming down to GA and representin' so hard, I really appreciate that. You guys really toughened my mario/falcon game up like mad, I won't throw stuff out for no reason anymore! That was really scrubby of me and I'm glad you helped correct some of my spacing/grab/reading game. The 2/3 stocks were worth it when they happened, I learned a ton! Thank you for wrecking me. <3

Sage- Sweet Wario man! Thanks for helping me with my Peach. You helped me realize I need to be more purposeful with my moves + I need to get off the ground some. You got me with those full hopped aerials, GUUUH. Also I gotta stop gettin' grabbed LOL good games <3

Sage's Student- Dude I forgot your name LOL I'm so sorry man you told it to me like 3 times to, but you were cool dude. Stick to sage, he'll help you out =)

The ginger haired person- YOU ROCK

Merc- GOOD STUFF with your spacies man. We friendlied a ganon ditto and just from that I knew your mindgames were exceptional, jesus christ lol. You did a wonderful job, congratulations <3.

Kaptain- BIG THANKS for running the tournament. You were professional, helpful, and very friendly. Too bad we didn't play much! We'll have to fix that next time =)

Reflex- B'awww I wanted to hang with you more :( You were playin' mad good, I was sorta afraid to ask you for friendlies tbh lol. Next time I'll try not to scrub out and I'll ask for some matches when you're not busy :) Grats on 4th bro

Ultima- UMPH OUR MATCHES WERE CLOSE! I'll be honest here, I think you played more intelligently than me. I only got that set because I got a bit lucky near the end. Your projectile game was eating up my approach game like a beast, you were a pleasure to play.

All of GA- Thank you all for gathering here and letting this experience happen! I rarely do tournanments but I thought I'd come and rep SC. 9th isn't so bad considering I trained a day before and hadn't played in a year and a half before then :p. NO JOHNS though, I know I got a lot to learn, and even if I was fully rusted off there wouldn't be much difference. I look forward to continuing my training with you guys because you are BEAAAST. No wonder SC has such trouble against you monsters! :< If I wanna place with the best, I gotta train with the best. Thanks again for the humbling experience.

Yours Truly,
KIDD YEAAAAAH

P.S That papa johns looked SO good, I regret not takin' a piece of that

P.S.S I know I forgot people but I gotta get up soon for work lol, you're in my heart even if you aren't on my mind, peace peepz <3

Player-1

Smash Legend
bracket was kind of bad tbh, but aside from that it was a fun tournament.

shoutout to that guy in the mario costume, dyno's carpool for the trolling on the way back, and speed racer going 110 on the freeway and messing with us.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321

shoutout to that guy in the mario costume, dyno's carpool for the trolling on the way back, and speed racer going 110 on the freeway and messing with us.
That guy was me! Hahahahah! We should play next time! Grats on 5th place :)

Kaptain

Smash Ace

what was wrong with the bracket?

player-1 informed me i put people who play each other alot near each other. sorry. I had about 9 ranked/should be ranked people in 29 participants... i tried...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good **** to Lounis for redeeming himself.

Good **** to Mcpeepants~! Who'd he lose to?

:018:

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Full results

Brawl singles
1: Lounis ($156.00)
2: Kismet ($78.00)
3: 4God ($26.00)
4: theReflexWonder
5: Mc-Pe
5: Player - 1
7: Sage
7: Micaelis
9: Player - 3
9: Kidd
9: Kaptain
9: Hero?
13: aml?!
13: Ultima
13: Luke
13: Cam
17: Tadeo
17: Billy
17: Marquise
17: David
17: draco
17: Ginger
17: LucidDream
17: Alcarondras
25: Lazygrunt
25: ss4a
25: Xevlon
25: Swagg
25: MisterFantasian

Melee Singles
1: Merc ($102.00)
2: Travis ($51.00)
3: Xif ($17.00)
4: MIG
5: BBQ
5: John
7: Ovo
7: Sai
9: Mr. Green
9: Kidd
9: Superman
9: Fatality
13: Player-3
13: Flow
13: Shove
13: Andy
17: zzzz

Billy was a late entry the I just had to put in a BYE spot. So he wasn't seeded properly and had to face 4god in the first round.

Xevlon

Smash Rookie
well my first tournament, and i play lounis first round : / .... i need some practice and mabye someone could give me some advice :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lol, looks like this was interesting. Really, really cool to see 4GOD and Lounis back on scene. Good job to all!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Kaptain - I used Wario in every game I won except our matches with my DK (so prob do Wario/MK/DK). Appreciate it if you could up it with him in front, thanks. I did use only MK for teams though.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
No return shoutouts? SAD FAYS ;w; Nah I'm just messin' lol, but I really wanna play more people next time. I loved learning so much here =)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Kidd! I remember you from wifi days, lol. I think you taught me Peach some, my old tag was "goodkid" if you remember.

I will be @ one of these GA tourneys next year, but for now I def will be training to beat yall. I still want to go to Apex, so hopefully I can get some games with some of you guys before then.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
wtf @ Lounis vs. Reflex happening at the same time as

P1 vs. P3
Micaelis vs. 4God
Sage vs. Kismet

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Lounis - Congrats on making a nice come back and getting first. Sad you didn't come and eat Choo Choo's with us afterwards, you missed out. Glad you ended up showing up too, see you at AWA if you make it.

Calvin - Thanks again for the tips. I actually played much better than normal and I feel like I practice playing how I was, I could be much better. I'll see you at AWA and we need to play more and talk please. You should come visit one weekend.

Jorge - Congratulations on 3rd, really impressive. I'm glad you're doing well and having fun at the same time. Keep it up, wish you could come to AWA but I wouldn't even be going if I didn't have free pass. We'll play soon.

Luis - Always a pleasure. Close matches we had... I'm kind of sad I guess because it was so close and I failed so hard earlier in winners so it felt like I had a chance to redeem myself but nope! Reflex2gud :p keep me updated about housing for AWA if you're still interested.

Chris - Never ridden in a car with you before! Mad fun. We need to play some friendlies at the next tournament. Good job in singles and doubles as usual.

Hunter - Thanks for teaming with me. We did much better this time around. Next time we'll get Calvin and Luis at AWA. We got this. Also, congrats on placing well once again, it seems I'm sucking lately.

Micaelis - You choked pretty hard getting swallocided at 0% and 34% vs 4GOD but you did pretty well vs Reflex but you fished for kill moves and didn't camp enough. Stay more focused next time and you can do it.

Joe - You've really improved Joe. I'm glad to see your name up in the top 10 continuously. You really deserve your PR ranking and I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do in the future. Also, we need to play more friendlies together for sure.

Kidd - Your Peach was mad legit ESPECIALLY for not playing in forever. That dash dancing stuff to ground float was really tripping me up at the beginning but you stopped doing it, not sure why. I hope you make it out to some more tournaments, I'd love to play with you more.

Kaptain
- Thanks for hosting the tournament! Our set was fun :p but I REALLY know the D3 match-up lol. My main training partner is 4GOD the D3 who came in 3rd. Even though I don't DK much he's still pretty scary. Learn the MU though and it's not that bad, he's just really gimicky. Can't wait until the next tournament. You should come out to some of the GX ones if you have the time.

Chima - lol, sorry for messing around with you so much at the restaurant. You just had the misfortune of sitting next to me :p we didn't get to play but next time for sure. Hope you enjoyed the full moon that night ;)

Angelo - We didn't have to play in bracket this time! lol, but glad you made it out. If you're ever down at Tech and want to play, shoot me a text of course, of course.

Cam - Nice to see you making it out to a GA tournament. Thank you for driving Luis/Calvin/Billy so they could make it. I had fun playing friendlies with you and enjoyed the thunder shenanigans. I'll see you at AUSOM4 most likely.

Billy - Fun fun friendlies. Always enjoy seeing you Billy. You need to keep up with your Sheik. Ike is fun and all but your Sheik is SO good and you can't waste that. I'm looking forward to you wrecking face at AWA. Still sad I'm not going to get to be Mori but I'll survive. AWA is going to be mad fun and can't wait until this weekend.

TGK - Mad sad you're leaving for good. I had fun seeing you again naturally and hope life works out for you. Even if you don't get a job within the 5 weeks, school is always a solid option. Keep in touch and give me a ring some time if you're ever in Atlanta and feel an urge to play some Smash.

Draco - It was nice meeting you. Your dad is really cool to drive you from SC to the tournament. I hope you can make it to more tournaments. You need to add me on Facebook so I can add you to the group where all the updates happen. Michael Jeffrey Arpin

Everyone Else - Sorry if I didn't write you a paragraph too. Hit me up next time and you'll get one for sure. Thanks for showing up and making it a great tournament and if you're not in the GA Smash Facebook group, find it or add me and get in it. You'll be able to get all of GA's Smash related updates much easier than on here. See you guys in the future.

DracoBlaze

Smash Rookie
Draco - It was nice meeting you. Your dad is really cool to drive you from SC to the tournament. I hope you can make it to more tournaments. You need to add me on Facebook so I can add you to the group where all the updates happen. Michael Jeffrey Arpin
Sended and yeah i should

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
What do you expect? I had 9 pros in a 29 man tourney. LOL.
Nine...pros? Maybe nine power ranked players, but (no disrespect to any of the players here) there were not nine top level professional players here. Lounis and Reflex were arguably the strongest players at this tournament (at least two of the top four) and should have been playing in either semis or winners' finals.

If either Lounis or Reflex was the top seed at this event (which seems very likely to me), the other was seeded eighth. <__________<

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Nine...pros? Maybe nine power ranked players, but (no disrespect to any of the players here) there were not nine top level professional players here. Lounis and Reflex were arguably the strongest players at this tournament (at least two of the top four) and should have been playing in either semis or winners' finals.

If either Lounis or Reflex was the top seed at this event (which seems very likely to me), the other was seeded eighth. <__________<
You're right, i ment to say power ranked, but i'm a lazy typer.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah michael we can definitely do that and you're one of the most patient players i know lol you probably fish out of respect

and i used all falco in doubles after 2nd round. >_> falcon and falco too good XD

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Okay... time for my shoutouts.

@Herochima: DUDE. Best time we ever had in doubles. I loved watching you take both kismet and reflex in our first round. Dat peach too good. Too bad i have stupid fingers/narcoleptic pokemon. OH well. We'll get top 3 next time bro! And as always, good to see you, let me know when you're back in town next time.

@Dyno: finally got to play you. And i hate that damn C4. Almost had your snake, ill get it next time. Also, love the music on your wii man, and thanks for the files!

@Reflex: Always good to see you man. We didn't get alot of time to just talk this time. Oh well.

@Micealis: Man, you know how to use that super armor. Next time imma do better than just 1 stock on you. Trust me. Also, it was nice to finally meet you.

@Player-1: It was so funny watching your diddy on Luigi's Mansion. You made it to what... 250%. And as always, good to see you.

@Player-3: I know this sounds bad, but I've never been able to put a name with a face, and I finally did. (Even though we've been at the same tourney i think twice now, this making the third.) You're a pretty cool dude.

@Lounis: I wish our doubles match wasn't so sad from my narcoleptic pokemon. Died twice the second match to that. I gotta fix that... lol. Other than that I didn't really see you much here. Congrats on winning btw.

@Abdul: You didn't come, fix your car.

@Billy: Didn't think you were coming, glad you made it.

@4God: Nice to see you again. Been almost a year. Way to rep that penguin! I think my wife would be willing to make you one of those hats, prolly for a fee of course... lol.

@Ultima & Alacrondas: Didn't know who you guys were at first... lol. People from my past haunting me!!! LOL, j/k. I expect to see you guys again next time.

@TGK: Sorry man, after all that smack you talked while i faced Dyno bout how your falcon can take my jiggs, made me feel really good when we went 3-1 in friendlies. Can't always be puttin people down man. But I digress, thanks for coming with your setup, too bad we didn't have a tv to record from. And enjoy your T-shirt, even though you didn't compete.

@Cam: Always nice to meet a fellow brony! And thats a good pikachu. Alot different than the one im used to facing.

@Kidd & Draco: Thank you guys for coming and giving me some OoS love. Hope to see yall again next time!

@BBQ: You're always such a funny guy, thanks for coming out.

@Folzy: Way to make 4th in doubles in a tourney you weren't even going to enter.

@All the Melee players: Thank you all so much for coming and making the melee portion of the tournament successful. You've proved to me the melee community is still alive enough to make more melee events in the future, and the next bulldog brawl will have melee as well.

@My Gamers' Assn staff: Thank you guys so much for being here. I couldn't have done it without you all. Thanks to you, this tournament ran smooth as it could.

And thank you all, especially those that donated toward the plaque for Justin. It really means alot to see people rewarding people that deserve it. Ill be posting to tourney info for The Bulldog Brawl 3 once we get a date set. Also, I try to throw in an experimental stage or other for my brawl tourneys. Tell me what extra stages you guys want to see and ill try to make it happen. I run the tourney for you, not myself or for the money, cause im in the red from all this... LOL. See yall next time!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
No vids. TGK needed a special kind of tv to record and we didn't have it.
If anything was saved on my wii, i will give it to chas and have him upload it.

GGS to all.

Kaptain: Great job on running a solid tourney

Everyone in my car: legit times we had on the ride there n back

Chris: great job in brackets. You are really good. I gotta practice that wolf matchup. I dont know what im doing. Solid job in teams. I like teaming with you. lets have at it again sometime.

kidd: great peach. nice job against my wario. epic ending with the bomb pick. i remembered you back in the days of waba. you seemed familiar. Good to see you again. keep it up.

clavin: idk, ill beat you

food: legiiiiit!

chima: yo

lounis: trick

BBQ: melee was fun

p3: melee was even fun-er

p1: luigi's is broken

draco: played you on wifi, but real life is better. come to more tournies. people were talkin about how that 1 mk we've never seen did really good.

my student: didnt get ur name but keep up that wario. ask me any questions whenever.

Everyone else: thanks for making my tourney experience a great one. Bulldog brawl was one of the most fun tournament series that i have experienced :)

:)

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
If anything was saved on my wii, i will give it to chas and have him upload it.
I'm gonna have to ask you to please not upload our match. Although I'm thrilled you wanted to save your match vs me, I would prefer it if you would please ask me in the future before saving a match to your wii if you plan on uploading it. Saving it just to watch it yourself is one thing, but to put it on youtube is another. I'd like to develop myself a bit more before getting on youtube if you don't mind. No hard feelings, thank you. <3

P.S Super awesome Wario <3 Also you were a cool guy, was a pleasure to meet you =)

Top Bottom