• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Tilt Makes You Slide: Sliding on Next Wednesday Night

Nordal

Smash Lord
Now that I have your attention, 2link came up with a cool idea last night. He suggested streaming matches that we could all watch and discuss together as a sort of group critique and analysis.

My question is how many of you would be willing to not only participate, but contribute your replays for us all to watch? I'll be willing to provide fresh material of my peach getting *** ****ed by Trevonte, but it wouldn't do me much good since I'd only really use her in oddball matchups or in mid tier.

We can also discuss when it'd be best to meet and how many times a week we'd meet. And yes, I'll try to restart Peach Board Jeopardy again.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I have my gripes with this thread

I'd like to take this time to point out that Down Tilt ONLY makes you slide when you buffer an attack during it's ending animation

If you simply use Down Tilt in place and don't do anything after it, you won't slide back - instead you'll return to your original position upon initiating Down Tilt. Or if you buffer another Down Tilt straight after, you also won't slide back

This misconception has gone on long enough and it's time someone made a stand and righted this wrong

Yea that sounds good but I'll probably be asleep so meh

GY!BE

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this is a super good idea and I'd totally be for it.
Someone has mentioned it in the past but I'm glad we're finally sticking to it.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754

I do like the idea quite a bit. Not sure how often I would contribute to quality material, but I could bring an extra voice on the tearing apar.... I mean constructive critique of otherplayers ^_^

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Peachkid you are not Hiroi. You are not a master of gifs.
I care not. ;o Hiroi is a second rate 7-11 skank~

I came across that one just as I saw the thread and just thought "Man, this fits all too well" So I just had to xO

GY!BE

Smash Cadet
Fit well, chick's got swag too.

EDIT: OMFG RICK CHANGED HIS AVATAR

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Lol it's sixteen bits now.

Guys not all of the videos have to be some top notch stuff. This will just allow us to come together and get a lot critiques done in real time as well discuss. The idea of group discussions come up all the time for most boards that are active, but streaming these matches will keep us focused instead of the eventual driftifting off topic.

Everyone learns and takes different things from watching eachother play. This way we can actually share some quality things we glean from watching these together. Real-time critique is also significantly better than waiting for a post since you can also respond and discuss your actions right there to your peers.

I'd like to see some more people jump on board for this.

:rosalina:

:phone:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm, okay I wanna try and start setting up a date along with a replay collection period. I'd like to hear when people are most available and at what times so we can have the most amount of people present. I'd love for it to happen weekly on Monday or Wednesday nights.

Nordal

Smash Lord
We could do one in a few minutes if you want, just spam the link to other peach players on aim. Show my falco replay, maybe someone can explain what I'm doing wrong ;_;

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I was kinda thinking next wednesday so y'all could collect some replays at some smashfest/tourney this weekend, but if you guys want to do it this wednesday that's fine too haha.

We need a good time for everyone to be available though. How does 9:30 EST sound?

Nicole

Smash Champion
this is a good idea, i cant do it this wed as i'm picking a friend up from the airport (excited!!) on wed night, but i should be available on other wednesdays.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Okay people this goes down next Wednesday. I'm allowing only up to 12mins and 2 matches worth of replays per person. I plan on having these start at 9:30 EST and last one hour(1.5 hours tops).

Take this period of seven days to grab matches you would like the forum to review.

Now while they would be interesting I don't suggest you submit matches of you destroying someone(there wouldn't be much for anyone to teach from). If you lose the match or are uncomfortable with by how much you won, those types of matches would be best.

Tournament/Money/Ladder matches would be prefered but friendlies are fine. Only one wifi match per person is permitted and it must be under five and a half minutes.

PM me your uploaded replays or let me know if you need to send by Wifi. If you submit a replay you must be present for your replay to be streamed. We will be using Tiny chat as the base for real-time discussion(you can get on webcam if you'd like to speak your thoughts instead of typing).

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here

:phone:

Nordal

Smash Lord
Oh **** I completely forgot, mostly due to not getting back home until seven. I'll try and contact 2link.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm sorry I couldn't make this happen tonight. I've been terribly sick all week. I will do everything in my power to make it happen next week.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Actually I meant doing it at say 5 p.m. your time. You should be awake by then shouldn't you :o?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Next Wednesday I suppose.

Which is fine, I still need my replays from Smiley.

Top Bottom