• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Make Magneato be able to call out his black homies to fight for him, and he can put bullets in them to make them metalis!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
how did u guys like julius?
I liked Julius quite a lot; your love for the character and interpretation of him was hilarious to all! (especially that super funny Down Special for the win) If you go back to Page 72 on the MYM Rewards you'll see that Julius was voted the funniest moveset. I really hope you come back to MYM11 for some more fun!

Smady

Smash Master
3. Dr. N. Tropy [Smash Daddy]​
Awesome! Thanks to everyone who voted for N. Tropy - really amazing seeing my name up there in the bronze! This wasn't expected - especially for Tropy - but yeah, I can definitely see why this set caught on and I'm really happy to see it do so well on the top fifty. I'm also amazed by the fact that all my sets got on, and I had more than one this time! Hooray! In particular, seeing that garbage set get 21st was amazing [especially after Muk] and Banbollow placing in that infamous 11th spot seems almost poetic: lovely result for both of those.

In terms of the contest et al, I was intrigued by Gengar's win with Pennywise and Baron both placing in the top five. That's the kind of domination I thought had died. Kupa being the only one to get two top ten spots this contest seems very appropriate. Really impressive stuff from pretty much everyone on the top ten, I dare say. Aside from that, great to see newcomers like Dave, Smashbot, HollowKnight, Chaos and ForwardArrow placing. You guys have really brought a breath of fresh air to the contest and I hope you stick around for as long as you can.

This was really just a splendid contest in all, perhaps my overall favourite, which is saying a lot when I absolutely loved MYM9. Just the energy of people in this one was really inspiring and seeing people push the boundaries ever more. To be honest, I'd say that Gengar, Pennywise and Krillin are all far better than Tutankoopa, Bowser Jr. and Diglett, respectively. Lets hope that MYM11 reaches even more dizzying heights. :bee:

I'd also like to announce that Make Your Move 11 will be posted on the 10th of October. So you have little under two weeks to finish off those first day rush sets.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
1. Gengar [KingK.Rool]
-Very deserving winner, good job Rool.
2. Pennywise the Dancing Clown [BKupa666]
-We all figured Pennywise was gonna win, and I'm a little surprised it didn't. I really do love this set too, definitely would've been a fine winner.
3. Dr. N. Tropy [Smash Daddy]​
-I really think Banbollow was better than Tropy, but Tropy is a spectacular set in it's own right and very deserving of this spot.
4. Baron K. Roolenstein [BKupa666] -I'm a little surprised this didn't place even higher. Again, this was on my SV list, and I would've been perfectly happy if it won. Amazing contest you've had Kupa.
5. Krillin [Junahu]- I still don't think this set's anything special, but I can see why people like it. Either way, good work Junahu on making a set everyone liked this much.
6. The Flying Dutchman [Davidreamcatcha]- I think this is possibly the highest a newcomer ever placed since MYM3. I mean, that's quite the feat David. You should be very proud of yourself.
7. Sid’s Toys [MasterWarlord]- Yeah, this is Top 10 material for sure. Still love the idea behind the playstyle here, and placed at the exact same spot on my list.
8. Slowbro [MarthTrinity]- Really, I think this should be swapped with Rainbow Dash. But eh, good work getting Top 10 again MT.
9. Omastar [Agidius]- I don't think this belongs so high up, but it was a good set and it's nice to have Agi back.
10. Kabutops [Kholdstare]- Belongs even higher to be honest.

11. Mr. Banbollow [Smash Daddy]- This also belongs considerably higher, but this isn't a bad placing for it.
12. King Barbovor [MasterWarlord]
13. DarkMega [darth meanie]- REALLY surprised to see this set do so well. Not that it's bad by any stretch, I just didn't expect it so high.
14. Rainbow Dash [MarthTrinity]
15. Fluttershy [Junahu]- This is a very good spot for this. I'd say I like this set far more than Krillin.
16. Galaxy Man [Nicholas1024]- See Dark Mega.
17. Edgar [BKupa666]- Good to see Edgar so high up.
18. Clayface [MasterWarlord]- Honestly I still like Clayface more than Barb, though I can see why people would prefer the later.
19. Trainer JOE! [JOE!]- JOE and I already discussed this in the chat. None-the-less, I feel that this set's position is a bit more warranted now. It's the definitive JOE set, and the effort that went into it is just astounding.
20. General Grevious [n88_2004 and darth meanie]- Surprised to see this so high as well. I dunno, I personally wouldn't put it in the Top 20, but that's just me.

21. Garbodor [Smash Daddy]
22. Homura [ForwardArrow]- :bee: Thanks you guys.
23. E.E.D. Soldier [JOE!]
24. Vlad Plasmius [darth meanie and MasterWarlord]
25. Hoppip [ForwardArrow]- Two sets in the Top 25 first contest isn't bad. Also, sorry MT.
26. Mr. Mime [Smash Daddy and Nicholas1024]
27. Gallade [LegendofLink]
28. Teferi [LegendofLink]- Poor LoL. These sets both deserve FAR higher than this. I'd really be fine putting Teferi where Omastar is right now, and Gallade deserves credit too.
29. Haunter [KingK.Rool]- Probably was slaughtered by vote split because Gengar existed. A shame too, this is a fun set in it's own right and deserves credit too.
30. Wakka [half_silver28]

31. Wario [MasterWarlord]
32. Lord Cronal [n88_2004]- Should've been higher to be honest.
33. Cosmic Spacehead [Smash Daddy]
34. Portal Man [Nicholas1024]
35. Team Pedestal [Phatcat203]
36. Spider-Man [Nicholas1024]
37. MODOK [smashbot226]- Smashbot, I hope your happy. This is your first placing in a long time. Hope you do even better in the future man.
38. Gastly [KingK.Rool]
39. Malzahar [n88_2004]
40. Chess Man [LegendofLink]

41. Ghost Rider [Kholdstare]
42. Marina Liteyears [Gcubedude]
43. Color Sonic [Chaos Swordsman]
44. Mismagius [HollowKnight]- Good work here brother.
45. Wukong [Hyper_Ridley]
46. Klobber [BKupa666]
47. Twilight Sparkle [Davidreamcatcha]
48. Gamzee [ForwardArrow]- I really wish more people read this set, it's better than Hoppip if I do say so myself.
49. Aidan [Chris Lionheart]
50. Robo-Link MKIII [Tirkaro]- (HORROR)​
Comments on the list are next to their respective sets.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow, 24 year olds playin pokemon, thats sad
Your Avatar is cool..
You know what's REALLY sad? When someone goes on a Smash Bros. community forum, participates in a Smash Bros. community project, and then complains about people playing Pokemon of all things.

Juuuust saying.

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
I'm not complaining bout Smash Bros
I just think its wierd to watch and play pokemon at 20 years old when its supposed to be for lil kids.

sorry if I made you mad

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not complaining bout Smash Bros
I just think its wierd to watch and play pokemon at 20 years old when its supposed to be for lil kids.

sorry if I made you mad
Smash Bros. is rated for 13-year-olds. A lot of people play it in COLLEGE. Just because it's "intended" to be for little kids does not mean that older people can't find fun in it by taking it to a competitive level and playing with their own friends.

And nobody's mad. Yet. But you know. That's not the best comment to make. I'm just letting you know. Smash Bros. is sort of a melting pot of franchise fans.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, do us a favor and take this discussion to the chat. The last thing we want is the mods closing us up for going off-topic, which morons have caused them to do in the past.

Anyways, back to MYMXI...who has an opening day set in the works?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Guys, do us a favor and take this discussion to the chat.
Or, you could use the starving, lonely MYM Social Group to carry on this sort of discussion. :bee:

In other news, I am adding to my set plans for MYM11 (too lazy to make a silhouette-ish thing right now).

The new trailer for Kirby's Return to Dream Land inspired me. I hereby resume my reign as MYM's resident Kirby Fanatic. :kirby: :psycho: :kirby:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Or, you could use the starving, lonely MYM Social Group to carry on this sort of discussion. :bee:

In other news, I am adding to my set plans for MYM11 (too lazy to make a silhouette-ish thing right now).

The new trailer for Kirby's Return to Dream Land inspired me. I hereby resume my reign as MYM's resident Kirby Fanatic. :kirby: :psycho: :kirby:
Wow kibble, still playin kirby? Thats sad
lol

In other news I'll hopefully actually do **** next contest. Probably won't have anything ready opening day, but we'll see what happens.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You must make Waddle Dee totally faithful to his boss appearance in Kirby Super Star Ultra. I demand it! :p

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord

8. Slowbro [MarthTrinity]
14. Rainbow Dash [MarthTrinity]​
Finally posting my own two cents on the newest Top 50 because why the heck not? I was admittedly very surprised to see Slowbro so high up there seeing as I figured he was mostly forgotten about. Of course, I'm not disappointed with the fact that he wasn't at all, quite the opposite really!

Seeing Rainbow Dash at 14 also pleases me greatly although I'm probably one of the few in the same train of thought as FA that I'd like to see Slowbro and Rainbow Dash swapped placement wise.

The other day, FA asked me in the chat if I thought I had a better performance in this MYM or the previous one...and I admittedly didn't really know how to answer. This contest had one of my favorite entries by myself ever (Dashie) and another very strong entry in Slowbro whereas MYM9 had three strong entries that I greatly enjoy for various reasons. Overall...I'd probably say MYM9 was a stronger contest for me but my individual set quality has increased since then. I've been trying to coax myself into making a self ranking for myself as of late but I've been so busy with work that it's a real pain in the arse to find time...

Regardless, thanks to everyone who voted up my movesets this contest! I lurv you all~<3

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
It's October 1st! And you all know what that means. What follows will qualify for MYM 11, all the leaders have allowed, because the dates just don't match up and we're certainly not missing one of these very special occasions. Flip the page if you dare.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Ultimate Post Combo start?

Howdy, hoes! Is it that time of year already?
It's been three whole years since I posted my Donna Levmen moveset. 3, that's almost 5..

For three years running, I've been a bigshot of MYM. For three years, my movesets have been equal parts astounding, shocking and controversial. If there was any part of me that knew how to live without MYM, that part is long dead.

So now, on my 3rd MYM anniversary, we shall party like it was 1999. I demand that you all have fun today

Junahu

Smash Ace
I think I'll open with a joke...

Bonus!
Well lookie here, it's an extract from my original notes on Fluttershy. Now you can see what could have been. Be grateful, because I will never open this window to my thought process ever again.

this is a brief exposit on the initial impressions of making a Fluttershy moveset;

First and foremost, the perception of Fluttershy as a protective 'mother' figure must be maintained at any and all cost. Allowing, or even permitting Fluttershy to bring harm on her animal friends, either directly, or indirectly through inaction would open a greivous inconsistancy between the moveset and the characterisation therein. Then again, it's important to realise the limits of this train of thought. Limiting what the player can do, can lead to them not enjoying themselves. Some players will certainly want to play as "Psychoshy".
Some leeway can be given for the sake of depth, just so long as it doesn't cut into what casual players see Fluttershy as.

For this reason, animal friends are not summoned, nor may they be replaced, or healed through an action that also harms the opponent. They shall form a Pikmin styled line of creatures behind Fluttershy.

Within this lies a troubling spot, by having the animals behind her, it removes her ability to flee realistically, making her stand her ground much earlier than otherwise hoped. However, with the correct framing, it should be within reason to convince the reader otherwise. Certainly, it is better for them to be behind her, rather than in front.

Aspects of interactivity between Fluttershy and her charges should be kept minimal, though, across the board, having friends must be better than being without. Easiest route for this would be to grant regeneration based on the number and total satisfaction of her animal friends (to the point where it would be literally impossible to rack damage on her)

#mechanic: the foe being able to take a ride on Fluttershy's back should not itself be considered beneficial to Fluttershy (i.e. carrying the foe does not make her stronger). Though the temptation to make D-Air a stall and fall, flying the foe down into the bottom blast zone is pretty intense. Perhaps it should be framed as an inverse of Kirby's throw, with Fluttershy flying down to wherever the "ground" would be, dropping the foe off (though with the loss of stock) then flying back up. Problematically, the speed at which this animation would have to play would be uncharacteristic of Fluttershy, being much closer to Rainbow Dash's style. We'll just have to see...

#Move: Down Smash pitfalling what she stomps on. Seems to be a good avenue through which to hide an animal friend. Whether this allows players to "abuse" the animal in question though, is a question that has yet to be answered. A potential abuse is in the use of this as a means of baiting the foe to a particular spot

#mechanic: taking damage strengthens Shouting special. Obviously this creates a situation in which the player ends up encouraged to take damage (or at the least, less discouraged by taking hits). Hopefully, her 40% KOable weight should discourage abuse, as should the passive boost over time to the special, via the general feel of the fight at hand.
A potential problem there lies in the regeneration mechanic combining with this to create situations where Fluttershy can afford to take all the damage she needs, because it will simply fall off again soon enough. This would paint Fluttershy as a character who will sadistically put herself in harm's way, but only when she's already WINNING... Do I want this? Can I incorporate this into the implied dimentia of Fluttershy? Perhaps a minimum level of damage should be used as a threshold. It won't stop the abuse among competitive players, but at least the casual players won't stumble onto this character breaking combination.

Hmm...

Junahu

Smash Ace
MYMXI Avatar frames

Like every MYM, I'm making all you lucky sods wear my tasteless, ugly frames over your avatars. What better way to make sure people know you belong to MYM, than by wearing one of these?
(note that smashboards automatically resizes large images such as the one below. A simple right click->view image should unveil it in its full glory)

These babies come in two different flavours. There's the more complex "full" frame, and a low fat "skinny" frame. As always, the idea is to paste one of these over the picture you're using as your avatar, thus giving it a prettiful border. You can see a small collection of examples near the bottom of that image, in case you're feeling a little lost.

Something kind of big and cool this time around, is those cool little stars you can paste on your avatar. This is totally optional by the way, and if you're having trouble figuring out what and where to stick em, you can always ask for help from either me or Agidius.

Basically, there are four stars you can earn through MYM, and each star is itself ranked from Bronze to Platinum. Bronzes are easy enough to earn, while Platinums take real effort. There's no official ceremony involved, when you think you've earned a star, go ahead and stick it on your avatar

So, how does one earn one of these mysterious stars? Well;

Star #1: Stylish Star
A star earned simply through placing on a Top50 list. Have any of your movesets ever made it onto one of our coveted Top50 lists? Then congratulations! This star is yours!
place anywhere in any past MYM Top50 list
place within the Top10 in any past MYM Top50 list
place 1st (i.e. WIN) in any past MYM top50 list
A one of a kind star. Only the winner of the MYMX Top50 (in this case, KingK.Rool) may wear this coveted star.
Star #2: Proliferate Star
A star earned through the brute force of posting many movesets. How many movesets have you ever posted? Is it a lot? If so, this star is yours!
Have 3 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 2 movesets in MYMXI
Have 10 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 5 movesets in MYMXI
Have 30 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 10 movesets in MYMXI
Have 60 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 15 movesets in MYMXI
Star #3: Outspoken Star
A star earned through hard work and community spirit. When you read a moveset, you should tell the author what you thought of it. This is called "commenting", and if you make enough comments, you earn this star.
Comment 20 or more individual movesets in either MYMXI or MYMX
Comment 40 or more individual movesets in either MYMXI or MYMX
Comment 75 or more individual movesets in either MYMXI or MYMX
Comment a staggaring 100 or more individual movesets in either MYMXI or MYMX

Star #4: Tenacious Star
A star for those who never leave MYM. Earning this star means staying with MYM, posting at least one moveset in every contest. Yikes, I guess that's why it's called the "tenacious" star!
Either post a moveset in MYMXI, or have a moveset posted in MYMX. Welcome to the herd!
Either have a moveset posted in MYMXI and MYMX, or have a moveset posted in MYMX and MYM9. That's two contests in a row! Keep it up!
Either have a moveset posted in MYMXI, MYMX and MYM9, or have a moveset posted in MYMX, MYM9 and MYM8. Three down! I bet you're an old pro now!
Now for the tough one, 8 MYMs in a row, can you stick to it for this long? That's MYMXI to MYM3, or MYMX to MYM2. Wow! So many memories!
By the way, if you don't feel like sticking stars directly to your avatar, you can always just past in these stars (
) into your signature instead.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Nostalgic Lookback.

Ho? What is this? 16 and a half hours of me talking about my old movesets? What madness?! That's an entire waking days worth of stuttering tedium!

Click any picture to be whisked away to jolly old Youtube, where I will bore you to tears with my terrible, terrible voice (and face)

[Introduction] <-Click (or don't)

Disclaimer:// I will take absolutely no responsibility for how ungodly aweful these videos are

Junahu

Smash Ace
And I'll end on the punchline

As many of you will know, every MYM, we vote on what WE think the best moveset is. This is called the Top50.

What not everyone is aware of however, is the extent to which the leadership fumbles with these votes. Beyond the Top10, which they try not to change (except they sometimes do anyway ;)), they can basically move any moveset to any position they like, crafting a Top50 that represents what THEY think the best movesets are.

So, as a small 'gift', here are the Top50 lists as they were before leadership meddling.

MYMX Raw Top50
Enjoy~
1.Gengar by KingK.Rool 33.25
2. Pennywise the Dancing Clown by Bkupa666 33.05
3. Doctor N. Tropy by Smash Daddy 31.95
4. Baron K. Roolenstein by Bkupa666 29.6
5. Krillin by Junahu 28.1
6. The Flying Dutchman by Davidreamcatcha 27.1
7. Slowbro by MarthTrinity 26.05
7. Sid’s Toys by MasterWarlord 26.05
9. Omastar by Agidius 23.4
10. Kabutops by Kholdstare 22.6
11. Fluttershy by Junahu 22.05
12. Mr. Banbollow by Smash Daddy 22.0
13. DarkMega by darth meanie 21.7
13. E.E.D. Soldier by JOE! 21.7
15. Rainbow Dash by MarthTrinity 20.8
16. Galaxy Man by Nicholas1024 20.0
17. Edgar by Bkupa666 18.1
17. King Barbovor by MasterWarlord 18.1
19. Clayface by MasterWarlord 16.95
20. General Grievous by n88_2004 and darth meanie 16.55
21. Garbodor by Smash Daddy 16.5
22. Homura by ForwardArrow 16.3
23. Vlad Plasmius by darth meanie and MasterWarlord 16.05
24. Trainer JOE! by JOE! 15.95
25. Gallade by LegendofLink 15.7
26. Teferi by LegendofLink 15.65
27. Haunter by KingK.Rool 15.2
28. Hoppip by ForwardArrow 14.7
29. Wario by MasterWarlord 13.95
29. Team Pedestal by phatcat203 13.95
31. Cosmic Spacehead by Smash Daddy 13.9
32. Spider-Man by Nicholas1024 13.3
33. Gastly by KingK.Rool 12.95
34. MODOK by smashbot226 12.6
35. Mr. Mime by Smash Daddy and Nicholas1024 12.15
35. Aidan of Eander by Chris Lionheart 12.15
37. Chess Man by LegendofLink 12.1
38. Wakka by half_silver28 11.75
39. Portal Man by Nicholas1024 11.3
40. Wukong by Hyper_Ridley 10.8

41.Two-Face by darth meanie 10.0
42.Malzahar by n88_2004 9.6
42.Victini by Junahu 9.6
42.Venom by n88_2004 9.6
45.Mismagius by HollowKnight 9.15
45.Twilight Sparkle by Davidreamcatcha 9.15
47.Robo-Link MKIII by tirkaro 9.1
48.Clare by half_silver28 8.3
49.Ice Man by Haylstorm 7.85
50.Marina Liteyears by Gcubedude 7.8

MYM9 Raw Top50
~enjoy
1.Diglett 25.00
1.Bowser Jr. 25.00
3.The Prince 23.75
4.Jeice 23.25
4.N.Brio 23.25
6.Tutankoopa 22.75
6.Dormammu 22.75
8.King Boo 21.50
9.Jalorda 21.00
10.Necky 20.50

11.Bizarro 19.25
12.Kaptain K.Rool 19.00
13.Gear 19.00
14.Emolga 19.00
15.Aianto 18.50
16.Shuma-Gorath 18.50
17.Victreebel 18.50
18.Nappa 17.75
19.Sarkhan Vol 17.50
20.Blaze the Cat 17.25
21.Landlos 16.25
22.M.Trinity 15.75
23.Spiritomb 15.00
24.Amaterasu 13.75
24.Electivire 13.75
26.Pyro Jack 13.25
27.Sothe 12.75
28.Captain Ginyu 12.50
28.Burter 12.50
38.Toxicroak 12.50
31.Nrvnqsr Chaos 12.00
32.Goruugu 11.25
33.Jack Frost 10.25
33.Airman 10.25
35.Electric Gamma 9.50
36.Guldo 9.50
37.Shotzo 9.25
38.XP Tan 9.00
39.Chain Chomp 8.50
40.Luvia 8.50
41.Thanos 8.50
42.Pokemon Breeder 7.75
43.Miroku 7.50
44.Gray Knight 7.25
44.Blooper 7.25
44.Recoome 7.25
47.Rita 6.50
47.Muk 6.50
49.Fawful 6.25
50.The Scout 5.50
50.Penny/Inspector Gadget 5.50
50.Nattorei 5.50

MYM8 Raw Top50
~enjoy
1.Dark Bowser 32.25
2.Nurse Joy 30.25
3.Mr. Potato Head 28.00
4.Octillery 27.00
5.Scarmiglione 26.25
6.Magmortar 25.50
7.Hariyama 23.25
8.Kamek 22.00
9.Rocket Executive Hugo 21.50
9.Weezing 21.50

11.Miles Edgeworth 20.25
12.Hannibal Bean 19.00
12.Dionysus 19.00
14.Gamageroge 18.25
14.Slinky 18.25
16.Strike Man 18.00
17.Axel Gear 17.75
17.Q 17.75
19.Skeleton 17.50
20.Helios 17.25
21.Omi 17.00
22.Napalm Man 16.75
22.Etna 16.75
24.The Item Tree 15.50
25.Burst Man 13.75
26.Antonidas 13.25
27.Spartan Warrior 12.50
28.Empoleon 11.00
29.Mr. Luggs 10.75
29.Sir Arthur 10.75
31.Mr. Mime 10.25
32.Jace 9.75
33.Haunter 11.50
34.Colonel Sanders 9.75
35.Forretress 9.00
36.Cacturne 8.25
37.Hitagi 8.00
37.Concrete Man 8.00
39.The Infected 7.25
39.MegaMan10 Proto Man 7.25
41.Jack Spicer 7.25
42.Torkoal 6.75
42.Exeggutor 6.75
44.Sazandora 6.50
44.Van Pookin 6.50
46.Ryoko Kano 6.00
47.Hamm 5.50
48.Sarisa 5.25
49.Arcainine 5.00
49.Urgot 5.00

MYM7 Raw Top50
~enjoy
1. Doppelori [Junahu] – 43.75
2. Team Rocket Grunt [KingK.Rool] – 38.50
3. Sheep Man [agidius] – 36.75
4. Dr Strangelove [Wizzerd] – 34
5. Super Macho Man [Hyper_Ridley] – 32.75
6. Subaru Nakajima [darth meanie] – 31
7. Kamek [KingK.Rool] – 30.75
8. Mario & Luigi [darth meanie] – 30
9. VideoMan.EXE [darth meanie] – 29.25
10. Cairne Bloodhoof [MasterWarlord] – 28.75

11. Badman [Junahu] – 26.75
12. Abra [KingK.Rool] – 26.25
13. Sho Minamimoto [SkylerOcon] – 25.75
14. The Spy [MasterWarlord] – 25.50
15. Silver [MarthTrinity] – 25
16. Alucard [Junahu] – 24
17. Sandslash [Kholdstare] – 23.75
18. Harbinger [darth meanie] – 22
18. Drifblim [Plorf] – 22
20. Valozarg [MasterWarlord] – 20.25
21. Rider [darth meanie] – 19.75
22. Huff N. Puff [MasterWarlord] – 19.50
23. Lunge [MasterWarlord] – 19
24. Samus [JOE!] – 18
25. Spadefox [Hyper_Ridley] – 17.50
25. The Predator [Frf] – 17.50
27. Jeff Hardy [TWILTHERO] – 15
28. Yukari [emergency] – 14.75
28. Axel [Kholdstare] – 14.75
30. Dodongo [Kholdstare] – 14.50
31. Nara Shikamaru [agidius] – 14.25
32. Mogenar [Hyper_Ridley] – 13.75
32. Arbok [Hyper_Ridley] – 13.75
34. Chucky [BKupa666] – 13.25
35. Saber [darth meanie] – 12.50
35. Morton Koopa Jr [MasterWarlord] – 12.50
35. Zinger [BKupa666] – 12.50
38. Cirno [tirkaro] – 12.25
39. Houndoom [UserShadow7989] – 11.50
40. Fat ******* [BKupa666] – 11.50
41. Dead Hand [Wizzerd] – 11
42. Kel’Thuzad [MasterWarlord] – 10.75
43. Wallmaster [SkylerOcon] – 10.25
44. Stanley the Bugman [BKupa666] – 10
45. Swalot [MarthTrinity] – 9.75
45. Gambit [half_silver28/Smash Daddy] – 9.75
47. Omega Pirate [Hyper_Ridley] – 9.75
48. Abomasnow [darth meanie] – 9.50
49. Bomber [Koppakirby] – 9.25
50. Probopass [darth meanie] – 9
51. Revolver Ocelot [UserShadow7989] – 9

MYM6 Raw(ish) Top50
~enjoy. Though this list was taken after the pick period. I've truncated the picks themselves
1)The Count (MasterWarlord) – 26
2)Zant (KingK.Rool) – 23
3)George A. Romero (KingK.Rool) – 21
4)Dingodile (MasterWarlord) – 20
5)Sloth (MasterWarlord) – 19
5)Arche Kraine (Junahu) – 19
7)Mewtwo (darth meanie and JOE!) – 18
8)Spadefox (Hyper_Ridley) – 17
9)The Black Knight (Chris Lionheart) – 16
10)Negative Man (MarthTrinity) – 15
10)Hades (Bkupa666) – 15

12)Bubbles (Wizzerd) – 14
12)Clefable (Junahu) – 14
14)Cloud of Darkness (Junahu) – 13
15)Vaati (SkylerOcon) – 12
15)Kholdstare (Kholdstare) – 12
17)Tomahawk Man (Plorf) – 11
17)Hector (Junahu) – 11
17)Adeleine (SirKibble) – 11
20)Toadsworth (Meadow) – 10
20)Hornet Man (agidius) – 10
20)Velociraptors (JOE!) – 10
20)The Great Mighty Poo (Bkupa666) – 10
20)Wheel Gator (Hyper_Ridley and goldwyvern) – 10
20)Espeon (KingK.Rool) – 10
26)Gluttony (MasterWarlord) – 9
26)Eggplant Wizard (Wizzerd) – 9
26)Von Kaiser (Smash Daddy) – 9
26)Anne Elmtod (Junahu) – 9
26)Paper Mario (SkylerOcon and Wizzerd) – 9
26)King Hippo (KingK.Rool) – 9
26)BubbleMan.EXE (darth meanie) – 9
33)Tauros (MarthTrinity) – 8
33)Specter (UserShadow7989) – 8
33)Maximillion Pegasus (dancingfrogman) – 8
33)Raven (half_silver28) – 8
33)Umbreon (KingK.Rool) – 8
33)Banette (Katapultar) – 8
39)Scyther (Hobs) – 7
40)Nanoha Takamachi (darth meanie) – 7
40)Dr Wily (UserShadow7989) – 7
40)Roller Coaster Tycoon (MasterWarlord) – 7
40)TAC (KingK.Rool) – 7
40)Bleak (Bkupa666) – 7

Thus ends Junahu's super fun day.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Check out my awesome Avatar i made myself

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Linebeck
So here we have Junahu day, and it was quite an exciting experience. I mean, 16 and a half hours of commentary, 3 movesets, ranking stars, and the data of 5 whole Top 50s? Whoof. Anyway, Linebeck. Contrary to what you might expect, I don't hate this set because of the AI thing. Quite honestly, you give enough control over Toon Link that it's not a huge problem. My main problem with this set though, is how little Linebeck actually does. Most of the time your just playing Toon Link by syncing up via Down Special, while giving him a lecture or two so he's hopefully not a complete moron without you. I mean... you have some neat stuff here in the anchor game, but it all goes to waste. And really, with the issues of Toon Link becoming an AI without Linebeck around, I'd really rather just play Toon Link. This isn't a terrible set, but I don't like it, even if the concept is a very interesting one.

Mask DeMasque
This set isn't as conceptually messy as Linebeck, but this set still strikes me as tacky and disjointed. I mean, the cage stuff is fairly interesting but it's a humongous prop from nowhere which bugs the heck out of me, and it's completely new. Also, the random stealing with the cards attaching to the foe just strikes me as irrelevant to the playstyle and completely luck-based, and as such bad. I know you like to gear your sets more towards casual players, but randomness really isn't a good idea 99% of the time. That said, I like parts of the set. The actual playstyle is perfectly fine and reasonably different, and the set is quirky and fun as I was hoping it would be. Not to mention I really like the mask concept... it's kind of similar to something I'm doing next contest. Anyway, it's a decent set don't get me wrong, better than Linebeck, but it's not really GOOD either.

Gruntilda
Just so everyone knows, this set was posted in the Social Group for some reason. Don't ask me why, that was Junahu's idea. Anyway, this set suffers some of the same problems as Mask, being tacky and disjointed at points... but it ultimately flows into a playstyle that is far more advanced than Mask's and it's got a LOT less of Mask's problems. I mean, the stuff with the vines was actually quite fun, as was all the things you could do with the Neutral Special and your head. I'd say when you were focusing around those, the set was pretty fantastic. When it was focusing around her other form though... let's just say I was not a fan of that stuff. It felt irrelevant to the rest of the moveset and didn't even really seem like it powered her up much. I actually like this set quite a bit, though I will say it's not on Fluttershy's level. Still, it was the best set you posted today for sure.

Sorry if my comments came off as a little harsh. Clearly the first two weren't aimed at me in particular, considering you tend to go after different audiences with different movesets. Though I admit I am a little disappointed to be quite honest. I do love the Top 50 data though, fascinating stuff.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Junahu Day was amazing, as always (TIPSY). DeMasque is gdlk, as is Linebeck and Flutterwry. I haven't read Grunty yet (SRY).

And I made myself a spiffy avatar too. Thanks, Junahu!

And now, for something different. On the 17th I'll be posting goodies as part of my anniversary. The three sets will be all remixes of past sets, for a certain reason...

One is a hero, filled with wrath. Another needs to take a bath. The third is nobody in particular. Now decipher these hints that are peculiar.

See you in a few weeks, folks!

Sir_Slash

Smash Rookie
Excuse me... So I don't have to register for this or be a longtime Smashboards member to participate, do I? Because I had a couple of ideas I wanted to try out for this contest. :)

n88

Smash Lord
If you've got an SWF account, that's good enough for us. I look forward to whatever you've got planned for next contest, which starts on the 10th.

Sir_Slash

Smash Rookie
Thank you. :bee:

It's not much of an idea, just someone I think would be cool in Smash, you know? But I'm sure nobody will have heard of my set before. Well, maybe. I'm good for shock value sometimes. :)

Smady

Smash Master
No, Junahu has to post these again in MYM11 to make them counted. He's just posting them today because of Junahu day. A new thread will be posted on the 10th.

GibbytheCreator

Smash Cadet
No, Junahu has to post these again in MYM11 to make them counted. He's just posting them today because of Junahu day. A new thread will be posted on the 10th.
aww snapz wat is junahu day? is it his birthday lol happy birthday guy!

but smash daddy look at what this guy said
It's October 1st! And you all know what that means. What follows will qualify for MYM 11, all the leaders have allowed, because the dates just don't match up and we're certainly not missing one of these very special occasions. Flip the page if you dare.

Smady

Smash Master
These sets technically aren't counted in MYMX. Reposts aren't allowed, but if they aren't counted in MYMX, then they can't be reposts in MYM11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom