• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RU-Game $200 First Place Cash Tournament - Gainesville, Florida

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
So I ended up running this tournament for the store owners, I don't have the full results but there were around 30~ entrants. Entry was $15.00 and it was a hybrid single and double-elimination tournament, with the top 8 players being put into a double elimination bracket.

MetaKnight was banned, Sets were best of one on neutral stages.

Results as far as I know:

1. DewDaDash ($200.00) :dedede: (lost to no one)
2. Hungrybox ($100.00) :dedede: (lost to DewDaDash twice)
3. 2nLio ($50.00) :toonlink: (Lost to DewDaDash and Hungrybox)
4. Ryo ($25.00) :ike: (Lost to DewDaDash and Hungrybox)
5. TruBlue ($15.00) :sonic:
6. Joseph M. (Pat on the Back) :ganondorf: (Lost to TrueBlu twice)

I forgot the rest. Fun times.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
good **** juanbox. You have no idea how big of a deal it is for you to beat Ryo, when just a week ago seibrik got **** on

im glad you dont play brawl. These smart kids scary as **** :laugh:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Still nice job Ryo and DewDaDash.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
lol, why is there a thread for this silly tournament?

The potential rules were originally ALL STAGES (randomly picked), MK banned, 1 match sets, single elim, you can't change characters, and 5 stocks NO TIMER all on a laggy TV.

luckily, me and juan convinced them to alter them a little bit.

EDIT: hopefully they start listening to us when we tell em about there being "Unity Rules" :glare:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
The original intended rules were pretty dumb, but they listened to every1, the ruleset was semi-decent, playable at the least.

Like I think all stages played were either on Fd,smashville, or bf. I mean they listened to ur suggestions and did the best possible thing, most stores would just not give a damn lol.

Top Bottom