• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
I've said this before but giving ivy the helicopter from brawl- for his recovery would be amazing, although for obvious reasons it would give him more vertical distance than horizontal like it does in -. If you assign this to his upb then could you make his tether a zair (like link)? You could also give one of his moves a flower effect, this would make him canon with giga drain or poison powder or something along those lines. Also I'm begging you, please make his razor leaf faster, it's so painfully slow in vbrawl that it can't even be used as any other projectile can for pressure or damage.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Ivy is getting Swag-Beam instead. it will randomly shoot our Backroom members from its bulb and they will act as kickass assist trophies. :Troll:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
What would be cool if Ike could pivot when jump canceling his Quickdraw.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I could see Ike having IASA frames on his utilt. That's about all I think Ike should have and he'll be set.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
For Ivysaur, perhaps making it so you can shield or jump out of neutral b.
It was a pretty good GTFO move in Brawl because of invincibility, don't see a reason to change that significantly, just make sure she can't be punished on hit.

As for down-b, I kinda like the idea of protect/endure/counter/whatever you want to call it, where she'll super armour a move and be able to instantly attack out of it similar to Olimar's down-b.
It'd be like a more powerful version of crouch cancelling.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Anybody know where I could find any videos of Diddy Kong in PM?

Or is he not being showcased yet?

Wampa

Smash Rookie
I've said this before but giving ivy the helicopter from brawl- for his recovery would be amazing, although for obvious reasons it would give him more vertical distance than horizontal like it does in -. If you assign this to his upb then could you make his tether a zair (like link)? You could also give one of his moves a flower effect, this would make him canon with giga drain or poison powder or something along those lines. Also I'm begging you, please make his razor leaf faster, it's so painfully slow in vbrawl that it can't even be used as any other projectile can for pressure or damage.

I agree i think the helicopter would be awesome and razor leaf should be faster

D

Deleted member

I suggested Petal Dance because idk why but I think it could be a cool move for a down-b.

Or at least a snazzy taunt

Growth seems kinda cool as a down-b for Ivy. Hold down-b and your attacks get stronger. (tilts, jab, dash attack, smash attacks) for 3 attacks.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
If growth is going to be considered(as down B), please note that it boosts the special attack stat. With that being said I suggest you all make it so it powers up special moves for a set amount of time. Maybe Ivy's recovery gets a range boost to rival ZSS's after using Growth. In addition, the razor leaf's damage/range increases.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I second this.
I third this. Sometimes I have to highlight them or just skip them.

Any plans for Ivy's grounded up b? I don't know anything about Ivy, but grounded up b seemed like the most useless thing (aside from maybe being able to defend against an aerial opponent).

I still say the announcer should say "failure" when you get four-stocked.

iLink

Smash Champion
I third this. Sometimes I have to highlight them or just skip them.

Any plans for Ivy's grounded up b? I don't know anything about Ivy, but grounded up b seemed like the most useless thing (aside from maybe being able to defend against an aerial opponent).

I still say the announcer should say "failure" when you get four-stocked.
It was actually a really legit kill move in Brawl if you sweet spot it. Could poke through shields with it sometimes when people are on platforms.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Unholydeath you realize they currently have no way to extend tethers, therefore making up B further isn't a option, unless they discover how to alter that. IIRC links grapple range in brawl is inferior to melee's grapple range, but they can't fix that AFAIK because of that unability.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I just came with something.

anywho, I also have a few suggestions for ivy I'd like to re-share:

1) Swap Ftilt and Jab
This could allow for a directional vine-attack tilt, and a rapid jab option.

2) Keep Vine Whip as Up B (mainly due to tether buff) but buff the grounded version
Mainly I could see the vine itself being great for punishing aerial approaches and the like, and the sweetspot should get some decent KBG for a surprise ground-to-air kill move.

3) If possible, alter Nspec to spawn and throw a Deku Nut upwards to mimic "seed Bomb" as either a replacement or alteration
I've suggested something like this earlier in the thread, and the concept of a "mortar-esque" Seed Bomb seemed to be met with positive feedback, so here's the idea I came up with:

Pressing B could now have ivy spawn + hold a deku nut, then immediately toss it upwards, with possibly "smashing" b (kinda like doing a fullhop vs short hop) throwing it up further, but overall this will have the same lag as if Link pulled out then immediately tossed up a bomb. Possibly using her Uthrow animation.

This could prove to be a better version of Bullet Seed in the melee environment due to the nature of the item toss (goes up high, then falls back down) as well as the danger-factor of it stunning + high KB in the air. Bullet Seed has also been said to be rather crappy in the P:M physics, with stories of fox being able to do stuff like DI down and Usmash.

That said, (not sure if possible) but an option could also be to have Seed Bomb activate while Tapping/Smashing B, and normal Bullet Seed comes out if you hold B.

4) Razor leaf = "light" leaves move slower, "smash" leaves go faster, more available on-stage
Essentially, this is a concept I sort of borrowed from Samus, seeing as her Missiles also come in Light and Smash varieties. Essentially, I think it's be cool if the "light" leaves traveled a tad slower, but you could have more than one out at a time, making a lingering (sort of) hitbox in front of Ivy for a little bit. The "smash' leaves in contrast will travel further and faster, and will keep going through shields/targets but only one can go out at a time. This change should work well with her other moves in that it can alter the way a foe tries to approach you / force a foe to approach via the slow / fast leaves respectively, which Ivy can then punish with her defensive game

5) Down B ideas = Growth / Powder Shenanigans
A: Growth has also been suggested multiple times, and could be implemented a few ways. First and foremost would be a simple damage buff after holding down Down B for a bit, or if possible work like Wario Waft in that after collecting sunlight for X time (Chlorophyll anyone?) you can press Down B to activate the ability and receive the buff. This could be a simple "all moves have fresh bonus for a bit", or other such damage/kb bonuses, or work like Lucas' in that it only buffs say, the specials:

Vine Whip > Power Whip: Greatly increased power, especially at the tip

Razor Leaf > Critical Hit!: Razor Leaf in the games has an increased crit ratio, after "Growth" the next razor leaf does extreme damage.

**Bullet Seed > Seed Bomb : Alternate method of introducing Seed Bomb, after using grown pressing B has Ivy simply spawn the Deku Nut item for her own use? Or it could turn into the roflecopter, idk lol.​

B: Powder shenanigans I see as working one of 3 ways. First, a simple actual "powder" attack such as a poison/stun/sleep powder cloud, which trades damage (well, perhaps not for poison powder) for range (around her) and utility.

Second could be similar to the Growth option, but only pertaining to Ivy's Spore attacks (U/Dair, Usmash). Hold B down to "charge" your powder attack, and the next one you use will become stronger, have a bigger hitbox, or both.

Lastly, and probably the most complex idea, would be to have Down B act like a "Whistle" for the effect of her spore attacks, with each input altering the way her U/Dair + Usmash behave. Probably in an order of "Normal (starts that way) > Poison > Sleep > Stun > Normal" or such. The move itself could take about as long as Oli's whistle as well, and possibly indicate the "effect" by a flash of White (norm), Purple (poison), Pink (sleep) or yellow (stun). From there, and until you down B again, Ivy's spore attacks all have the effect of the chosen powder, with Poison doing lots of damage but little to no KB, sleep ovbiously putting the foe to sleep with a bit of damage in the air, and stun acting like Zamus' Dsmash/Nspec.

Last one is probably impossible but hey, it's a thought.

6) Make her Grab range match the damn animation
Not too important, just something that's bugged me, her grab area is like only half of how far her vines reach out lol, that and it can make up for her relatively low movement speed by enhancing her area of defense.

Overall I think that with the "fix" to tethers Ivy can afford to keep the vBrawl recovery, but these changes could help with her onstage game as was her focus in vBrawl (mostly due to her ****ty recovery making anything offstage stupidly risky), as well as give her some mix-up options and new playstyles to explore that can branch off from her normally defensive/reactive game. Thoughts?

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
peef quit the ****, congrats on being able to run a stream at high quality, you deserve a medal

everyone else: stop being dumb too, stop flaming each other and post constructive things

Instead, lets talk about ideas for ivysaur
haha peef, i was able to stream 720p last year. i never got any cookies or anything. i think your stream has been going downhill cause your processor cant actually keep up with the video your trying to output to the stream. why dont you just stream at 480p? cause unless your trying to stream from dolphin in 720p, its just a waste of the upconversion.

its all about the framerate.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
@JOE! Has great ****ing ideas. I particularly love that chlorophyll buff.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Now wait a second my fellows.

What has become of Roy? Has there been any new footage on him?

Was he abandoned?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
haha peef, i was able to stream 720p last year. i never got any cookies or anything. i think your stream has been going downhill cause your processor cant actually keep up with the video your trying to output to the stream. why dont you just stream at 480p? cause unless your trying to stream from dolphin in 720p, its just a waste of the upconversion.

I'm tweaking the settings but there is no problem with processor. I just have to tweak settings like I have been until i get it right. I always find that I was just doing something stupid. I might go down to 480, but imma get it perfectly smooth regardless.

And none of this was about me, it was that we should be making an effort to have watchable streams.

Starscream

Smash Ace
3) If possible, alter Nspec to spawn and throw a Deku Nut upwards to mimic "seed Bomb" as either a replacement or alteration
I've suggested something like this earlier in the thread, and the concept of a "mortar-esque" Seed Bomb seemed to be met with positive feedback, so here's the idea I came up with:

Pressing B could now have ivy spawn + hold a deku nut, then immediately toss it upwards, with possibly "smashing" b (kinda like doing a fullhop vs short hop) throwing it up further, but overall this will have the same lag as if Link pulled out then immediately tossed up a bomb. Possibly using her Uthrow animation.

This could prove to be a better version of Bullet Seed in the melee environment due to the nature of the item toss (goes up high, then falls back down) as well as the danger-factor of it stunning + high KB in the air. Bullet Seed has also been said to be rather crappy in the P:M physics, with stories of fox being able to do stuff like DI down and Usmash.

That said, (not sure if possible) but an option could also be to have Seed Bomb activate while Tapping/Smashing B, and normal Bullet Seed comes out if you hold B.
I like the Deku Nut mortar idea. What if the shooting mechanics mimicked Yoshi's Up-B?

JOE!

Smash Hero
problem would be coding that I believe, it's one thing to spawn an item, and a whole other can of worms to change how you throw it

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Ivysaur isn't used in competitive play, but Venusaur is. Her most effective moveset is probably Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm and Synthesis. Some successful builds use Power Whip.

I hadn't thought about using a "Hidden Power" to fill in a pokemon's gap, but it might be possible to do right.
no, its not.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Yes it is. Lrn2competitive Pokemon. That's pretty much the standard moveset, building upon his good special attack and STAB.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

I'm tweaking the settings but there is no problem with processor. I just have to tweak settings like I have been until i get it right. I always find that I was just doing something stupid. I might go down to 480, but imma get it perfectly smooth regardless.

And none of this was about me, it was that we should be making an effort to have watchable streams.
What software do you guys use to stream? I've been using I've been using Adobe FMLE 3.2 (I believe that's the latest version) but I'd like to know if there's some better (free) software I could be using.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ivysaur isn't used in competitive play, but Venusaur is. Her most effective moveset is probably Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm and Synthesis. Some successful builds use Power Whip.

I hadn't thought about using a "Hidden Power" to fill in a pokemon's gap, but it might be possible to do right.
The best set is actually a Growth Chlorophyll mixed sweeper set.

He's referring to the Gen IV UU standard -- the special attacker -- which is indeed Venu's most effective set.
LMAO, no. Swords Dance is FAR better.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Don't mean to stir up dead discussion, but I was just watching some of yesterday's vids with Snake's new F-Smash, and in defense of it, would like to point out that he does kinda just blindly stab like that in 3 if you jam the Weapon button with the knife equip (The MGS equiv of an Fsmash)

The only difference is that in MGS3 it's quicker and the start up frames are more subtle.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Now wait a second my fellows.
What has become of Roy? Has there been any new footage on him?
Was he abandoned?
this has to be a joke. It's not humanly possible to be this stupid
There actually was a Roy build at one point in time, back when Dantarion was still on the team. I assume that it was scrapped, what with work on the Clone Engine being unfinished as is, and no one to work on it (at least, as far as I know).

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Hey PEEF, I was stalking your youtube when I realized I saw a Squirtle match... Is he allowed to be publicized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom