• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sore Thumbs Video Games presents Black Saturday!

SoreThumbsVideoGames

Smash Cadet
Sore Thumbs Video Games Presents: Black Saturday!

Tournament Date:
Saturday November 26th 2011

Format:
Doubles, Singles for Brawl

Time:

Doubles Start:
Noon

Singles Start after Doubles but not earlier than 3pm

-Note for those that haven't been to Sore Thumbs Video Games before this is an all day affair. If participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 11pm or later (depending on how many people show).

DISCLAIMER: There will be NO Refunds given without extreme emergency on the day of the tournament! This will run till at least 9pm, if you can't stay that late please don't enter!

Gamer Fees:
Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

BRAWL RULES:
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best 2 out of 3 with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Stage List
Starters:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Prizes:
Singles
1st Place 40% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%

Doubles
First Place team will receive 40% of Doubles Admission
Second Place team will receive 20% of Doubles Admission
Third Place team will receive 10% of Doubles Admission

Refreshments for Purchase at Sore Thumbs:
- Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Code Red, Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero
- Bottled Water
- Slim Jims

Also located near our Plaza is:
Tally Ho Bar & Grille
McDonald's
Peking Chinese
TacoSon
Checkers
Subway
Burger King
Domino’s Pizza and Tazza Café will deliver

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

7402 N. 56th St. Suite 903
Tampa, FL 33617
813-985-GAME [4263]

Sore Thumbs is sandwiched between Tally Ho Bar & Grille and a salon. Look for the big orange flags that say “Video Games” out front.

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/sorethumbstampa

*NOTE* Sore Thumbs Video Games provides the TVs for all tournaments, but bring your WII systems, component cables, and copies of Brawl so we can hold friendlies and make the tournament go smoothly.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
While it may be considered "pot-****", the payout system being used here (NLL/Gigs system) has been proven to take less then a standard $5 door fee/$10 singles fee tourney.

AMIRITE COSMIC GDX?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The payout system makes it so Singles is like a $4.50 door fee with $10.50 going into the pot, while doubles is $3 door with $10 per person($7 going into the pot.) Technically it's a $7.50 door fee and $17.50 going into the pot totaling $25 for both.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Tampa will be coming out to this en masse, so the attendance will be great. The venue is also sweet. Everyone needs to come out.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hopefully I can make it.

Exdeath, can I get a ride with you or am I too out of the way?
You're in the opposite direction, but I gotchu. It's still a shorter drive from your house to here than going to NLL haha.

This tournament is now officially certified at D-Torr Hype levels!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll try

Least I can do for the consistent Tampa attendance to nll :laugh:

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Would anyone be able to house me for Friday or Saturday night if I went? Money isn't really the issue I just don't wanna go alone.

And id rather drive Friday night then Saturday morning

DRN

Smash Lord
Anyone near St. Augustine going that i can hitch a ride with for some gas money? I'll be in town for thanksgiving weekend

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Might have to go it alone for this one as I havnt gotten any interest yet.

But I'm down to go. I should have money...

Anyone want to team if I do come?

Maddie

Smash Rookie
I still don't have a partner. I'd estimate that most everyone down here hasn't actually really thought about who they're teaming with yet either. If you do come down and want to do some double-diddy or diddy/whomever, I'm down.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I don't think I'm going to this anymore. I didn't realize this was on Thanksgiving weekend. I work Thanksgiving day and the following day and I would like to spend some time with family.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sorry bros I cant make it due to school johns. 3 projects 3 tests and 2 papers are due the week after this weekend and I cant afford to waste even a day at a tourney.

If it makes you feel any better, i wouldn't go to one even if it were in orlando

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Imma try my best to finish as much as I can and if I manage to finish like 70-80% of it by Saturday ill still come. 20% on a Sunday is the norm for me :laugh:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Thanksgiving this year for me will turn out to be a dud with me working this whole week so I'm free to go to this again. Is the ride still available Exdeath?
I texted you about this earlier today haha. If you want to go then I'll come get you. ;)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I texted you about this earlier today haha. If you want to go then I'll come get you. ;)
what time would you get david?

If i could come, I'd rather drive to his house then join you guys then go to tampa alone

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
I had no ride xD cuz if I go, the rest of poinciana (excluding Jazz and Dtorr) wanna come too x__x I miss the days where me and Kirbydabest were super serious and still had the lulz going to tourneys with just me, him, and Payne xD

Top Bottom