• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 Results & Shoutouts

Nintendude

Smash Hero
[collapse="Smash 64 Singles Results"]
1: SuPeRbOoMfAn ($160.00)
2: Isai ($80.00)
3: JaimeHR ($32.00)
4: Kefit ($22.40)
5: Nintendude1189 ($12.80)
5: Sensei ($12.80)
7: m3gav01t
7: King Funk
9: Firo
9: Jel
9: KnitePhox
9: Ownasaurus
13: Clubbadubba
13: valoem
13: Rocky
13: Krazy Kirby
17: KoRoBeNiKi
17: Hard B0dy
17: Espy
17: gio
17: hamburglar
17: Chain-Ace
17: Bladewise
17: Vex Kasrani
25: THuGz
25: infamous diablo
25: JohnsterMonzter
25: Vatgas
25: Jimmy Joe
25: george
25: Tony
25: P90curl
33: Seagull
33: Luigi Sama
33: KeroKeroppi
33: pwii
33: Deltacod
33: AIR
33: Ray Rocket
33: VaNz
33: Xiivi (BibleLove2007)
33: pikathunder
33: Vudujin
33: ~Tac~
33: Ripple
33: jwillii
33: Duck
33: Xaltis
49: Smoke2Jointz
49: Tedium
49: Glen Cocoa
49: pidgezero one
49: Lefty
49: Garm
49: Tearbear
49: TheSaberGuy
49: Codi
49: Dark Master
49: Marko
49: Black Cats31
49: xivk & Jokaru
49: Zaatar Manakish
49: Homeland
49: What's the Point
[/collapse]
[collapse="Smash 64 Singles Bracket"]

[/collapse]
[collapse="Smash 64 Doubles Results"]
1: Isai and Nintendude ($48.00)
2: SuPeRbOoMfAn and JaimeHR ($24.00)
3: Sensei and King Funk ($8.00)
4: Firowna (Firo and Ownasaurus)
5: Clubbadubba and Jimmy Joe
5: Chain-Ace and KnitePhox
7: KeroKeroppi and Infamous Diablo
7: Black Cats 31 and AIR
[/collapse]
[collapse="Smash 64 Doubles Bracket"]

[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

JaimeHR went to this? ****! I've wanted to meet this guy for like 3 years and I still ****ed it up.

Oh well, got to see isai will and jerry for the first time in years so it was worth it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Did we record anything that has Jaime commentating on it? His commentary is priceless

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator

The players that made top 8 at smash 64! From left to right, top to bottom.

1. SuPeRbOoMfAn :falcon64:
2. Isai :link64:
3. JaimeHR :falcon64: :samus64: :fox64:
4. Kefit :pikachu64:
5. Nintendude1189 :pikachu64: :mario64:
5. Sensei :pikachu64:
7. King Funk :falcon64:
7. Megavo1t :falcon64:

Writing my shoutouts very soon. =)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
just curious when did I(Luigisama) beat tedium? I never played him or did he never show up?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
hoh-huuu!
ho-heeeeey!
oohooo! That tickles!

todos son mejor de los mejores sin tratando.

elmo/wario/banjo da bess

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Superboom! GGs in our Melee friendlies on Saturday night, you're mad good and should play it more. grats on the 64 victory as well.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Superboom! GGs in our Melee friendlies on Saturday night, you're mad good and should play it more. grats on the 64 victory as well.
Yeah I had no idea who I was playing when I picked up whoever's controller to play. Good Games.

I think I'm going to cook up some shout outs. BRB wut

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
2: Isai - Why you let me win?! I love that Falcon vs Link matchup on Hyrule, it's just fun to get inside link's projectile game. I'll get better at 12 character battles and give you a real challenge someday. We should play more friendlies next time we see each other. GGS.

3: JaimeHR - Man, your matches in the bracket are so damn close and hype, a lot of final match determiners. I think we got a good team formation on Hyrule now, we just need to practice a little more and we'll be set for BEST team. Nice to see you again.

4: Kefit - I like your style of play in this game. You just get inside and get the job done even if it's dirty lawl. I think you're like, the king of camping, your camping makes everyone else camp as well haha. One last thing to note, you need to work on those odd matchups(Samus, Yoshi). Good to see you again.

5: Nintendude1189 - I'm honestly surprised you beat Firo in bracket and brought Jaime to game 5, wtf? Good games and nice meeting you, hopefully we get to play more next time.

5: Sensei - WILL my homie. Sorry I was being lame about the alcohol thing, I was a little worried about catching my plane without being intoxicated lol, I would've had some fun if I had more time. You should've gotten less tired so we could have 12 char battled! Well, at least I had fun in the Yoshi vs Link battles we had. GGS, and hopefully see you soon.

7: m3gav01t - Legendary megavolt kick! You look pretty classy with that stash and cig wut. As for the Falcon vs mario matchup; some matchups in this game I don't really know how to explain very well, but I rather showcase via gameplay. We managed to squeeze in some friendlies before I had to leave, GGS! Thanks for the housing and that blister better get goooooooder soon.

7: King Funk - Europe rep? mite b cool. I see you bringing that funk status of cool with the hat and FUNK attitude wut. It seemed like we didn't play enough, but good stuff on getting 7th place and taking that game 1 from Jaime.

9: Firo - Legit play this tournament. Had lots of fun playing you in those Luigi vs Ness matches haha. It seems like you got better than last time I played you online(FOREVERAGO), stop being busy with school nerd.

9: Jel - We barely played woops. Nerd DK dittos with the DK STANDARD combo. I hope you and Kefit had a fun time with this tournament, although you guys weren't there for very long to experience everything! Next time.

9: KnitePhox - PLAY MORE and stop being a laptop nerd. If you think you should be able to beat people then you should be warming up to play your best against them. Anyways, bro **** as always and fun times.

9: Ownasaurus - How often do you play? You did exceptionally well for not playing online that often(same place as Firo TROLOLOL). Nice meeting you.

13: Clubbadubba - Damn dude, thanks for all that charity service of picking me up and paying for tolls o__________o. That DI method you use is pretty cool to see, gets some nice DI but I like my MASH UNTIL YOU CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE strategy. And damn, I gotta chase you everywhere on Hyrule you nerd, FIGHT ME wut. Nice to meet you man and hope you had a fun time at this tournament.

13: valoem - That commentary was golden lol. You were pretty energetic whenever I was around you, funfunfun. Too bad we didn't play more, good 2 games or whatever it was.

13: Rocky - moar european rep. Good games at that um weird building somewhere.

17: KoRoBeNiKi - Stop being so weird lol.

17: Hard B0dy - You're pretty good on n64 controller. Ah we didn't play that much cause I got called fuuuuuu-. Good Games and I hope you come to the next one.

17: gio - gio vs battlecow: the novel: the sequel: the game. Nice talking to you and playing mario vs kirby.

17: hamburglar - Nice chilling with you and the BROS at the subway table. No games were played, a sad day.

17: Chain-Ace - GGS in fox dittos. Needs moar games.

17: Bladewise - Nice to see you man, YOU WON'T SEE THIS.

17: Vex Kasrani - I didn't even see you dude.

25: THuGz - GGS in bracket.

25: infamous diablo - So you and Kero need to stop playing online if you want to get mucho betterz. I say you should just play who you like in this game and not care who is good or bad, I know you think Ness sucks now but he's fun to you still right? It's time to find ways around those obstacles and have fun with it. GGS

25: Jimmy Joe - Master of housing right here folks. Despite having your brother's apartment go temporarily out of service, we still got a nice place to stay and a good nights sleep(and loads of fun ofc). I see you being that support in teams. Playing support in teams is very important and is a nice role to play. We didn't play all that much, but it was nice to just hang with you and the guys. Thanks for everything!

25: george - BEATS PERFORMANCE AGAINST ISAI GG PWN

33: KeroKeroppi - Ouch, that placing. You and Diablo are pretty cool guys, hopefully this experience didn't discourage you guys(I don't think it did!). I see you getting tons better in the future and competing with the top guys if you keep at it.

33: Deltacod - GGS in bracket.

33: AIR - Console only? Never heard of you before. I think we only played in teams, correct me if I'm wrong.

49: Smoke2Jointz - nerd

49: Black Cats31 - Dat mario. GGS in our games.

49: What's the Point - This name is hilarious. inb4 he just paid and didn't play.

WHO AM I FORGETTING?\

1. Subway guy - Pick my sub next time plz. I got a little tired of picking my own subs for the many times I showed up.

Armada - Good games in 64. Falcon that gets the job done like he dun curr. Pick up that online and get beast ok?

Random Brawl Noob - ahahahaha greatest name ever. **** that king funk all day erryday.

inb4 im the only one who does this pwnbest

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
My shoutouts

SuPeRbOoM - Thanks for getting us a driver and playing some games with me. I know we should of played more and stayed longer but had to go back to work :(

Isai - Thanks for helping us get houseing

JaimeHR - It was nice seeing you again. And good job doing so well with 10 close games back to back.

Kefit - Thanks for going to the best smash tournament with me. Also good job getting 4th at this I new you could do it.

Nintendude1189 - You ran this tournament like a pro and are one of the best TO's out there thanks so much.

Sensei - It was nice meeting you. The next time we meet up me, you and m3gav01t should go out and get a drink.

m3gav01t - Thanks for the houseing it really helped out. The next time we meet we got to go get a drink.

King Funk - It was nice to meet you and getting to play a few games with you.

Firo - Your Fox is really good and has made me want to get my Fox better also nice meeting you and had some fun games.

KnitePhox - It was nice seeing you again.

Clubbadubba - Thanks for picking me and Kefit up :D. Also did not get to play you much but next time for sure.

Rocky - Nice to meet you and GGS

KoRoBeNiKi - Nice meeting you to bad we did not get to play :(

hamburglar - I wish to thank you for helping run the best Smash 64 tournament I have been to.

Chain-Ace - It was nice meeting you to bad we did not get to play :( also thanks for recording

Bladewise - Really cool that you played 64 at this. Its good to have Washington step up for this.

infamous diablo - Nice meeting you

Jimmy Joe - Thanks so much for getting me and Kefit back to the airport and picking us up from airport.

KeroKeroppi - Nice meeting you

Infamous_Diablo

Banned via Warnings
I appreciate the advice boom. Sick to meet you and thanks for playing so many friendlys.. I'm still gunna mess around with ness a little but I've been picking up falcon lately and gunna give fox a shot in a little bit. Next time we meet I promise you I'll put up more of a threat!

:phone:

@jimmyjoe when we playing console?!?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Big thanks to everyone that made it out to APEX 2012. This event would not have been what it was if it weren't for all you guys that traveled from around around the world to attend this. I'm sorry if the bracket was moving like molasses in the beginning but scheduling conflicts with Brawl and having to relay messages back and forth from the mic people (and them telling us to **** off) made it extremely complicated. Overall though we got through the event in a reasonable amount of time (compared to Melee/Brawl at least), people got to watch the hype matches, and almost everything notable was recorded so I think this was a huge success. I'm already looking forward to the next one. And with that...here's some shoutouts:

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn - Thanks a lot for coming out to this. It was great to meet you and 12-character battle you.
2: Isai - We finally met! I had so much fun teaming with you and watching your intense sets in winners finals and grand finals. I wish I could have stayed down in NJ a bit longer to hang out more.
3: JaimeHR - Good job taking 3rd and getting through two nailbiters. Watching you beat Kefit with Samus was inspiring.
4: Kefit - I love all the noises you make during tournament sets LOL. I'm glad you and Jel were able to make it and I hope the trip was worthwhile.
5: Sensei - I don't think we ever played:( Anyways, good seeing you again and we both gotta step it up more for next time.
7: m3gav01t - Good to see you again and thanks for housing a bunch of people!
7: King Funk - It was great to meet you! You have some great movement with Falcon and I love the random up-B kills. I'm looking forward to seeing you again sometime.
9: Firo - Our set was ridiculous and that could have gone either way. I think we live pretty close when we're both at home so we gotta play more often.
9: Jel - Thanks so much for coming out here with Kefit and recording so many matches. My mom mailed you the tapes so you should be getting them in the next few days or so. Next time we'll have to 12-char battle for sure.
9: KnitePhox - Another hero when it came to the recording. Thanks so much!
9: Ownasaurus - You and Firo had an awesome set with Sensei and King Funk in doubles. Too bad we didn't get to play.
13: Clubbadubba - Nice meeting you and thanks a lot for picking up the Washington players.
13: valoem - Did we get to play this time around? I honestly don't remember. Oh well, next time hopefully I'll be able to stay longer and hang out with you and the guys at the bar.
13: Rocky - I saw you all over the place during APEX weekend lol. From PC's house, to the pre-Apex tourney, to Apex itself... I don't think I got to play you in 64 but anyway it was great meeting you and I hope to see you and the other Swedes again sometime soon.
13: Krazy Kirby - Good seeing you again. I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you in teams. Would have been awesome to see you and Sensei team again.
17: KoRoBeNiKi - Nice face LOL but seriously it was good to meet you and see you do well with the controller.
17: Hard B0dy - I was really impressed by your gameplay. I think I've seen you on kaillera so we should try to get some games in sometime.
17: Espy - Thanks for taking the time to come out of the Brawl room to play your 64 matches. I know that's really hectic and you ended up doing pretty good in this game despite having to go back and forth.
17: gio - GGs in bracket.
17: hamburglar - Given how ****ty the mic situation was we did a superb job of running this I think. I couldn't have done it without you, and I think people should be giving you more credit.
17: Chain-Ace - Another guy that deserves a lot of credit. The recording setup with the mic was awesome and he was helping us a lot with that crazy bracket. Thanks a lot man.
17: Bladewise - Good to see more Melee players playing 64.
17: Vex Kasrani - Wish you could have played your winners bracket. I'm curious how far you would have gone.
25: infamous diablo - It was great to meet you and Kero. I hope you had an awesome time and I'll see you at the next big tourney.
25: Jimmy Joe - Good meeting you and thanks a lot for helping Jel and Kefit get to the airport.
25: george - Sorry you had to be the guy who had to play Isai round 1 LOL
33: KeroKeroppi - Nice to meet you and next time we gotta get some games in.
33: AIR - Thanks for entering teams and I hope you had an awesome time.
49: Black Cats31 - Ditto ^^^

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I'm pretty bad at remembering faces/people I meet so I apologize to anyone that I've forgotten. The 64 community is very chill and in hindsight I regret not playing more friendlies during my stay in the US.

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn - your yoshi was something else. good games at internetexplorer's place but we should've done some melee friendlies too had i not been so sick after apex :/
2: Isai - nice 3-4 sentences we talked to each other LOL
3: JaimeHR - nice brawl friendlies with you
5: Nintendude1189 - Indeed lol. Definitely enjoyed your company and from playing you in melee and seeing your placing here I think it goes without saying that you are a very skilled smasher overall :) Also, sorry about checking the bracket constantly LOL
5: Sensei - Before the tourney I was like "Sensei can beat me in 64 but I won't let him win in melee" and then you beat me in melee LOL. Good placing :)
7: m3gav01t - Fun friendlies at internetexplorer's place.
7: King Funk - King Spunk. Good **** my man :)
9: Jel - GGs. I'll try to camp more in the future LOL
9: KnitePhox - GGs. Let me know when our set is uploaded :p
9: Ownasaurus - Thanks for the quick praise, even though I don't think of myself as very good at all yet LOL
13: Clubbadubba - Nice meeting you :)
13: Rocky - wat
17: Hard B0dy - Nice placing man. I believe you hang out in the smash64 europe chat sometimes? See you there if so, I guess :)
17: Chain-Ace - GGs. We should've played some melee too LOL
25: JohnsterMonzter - GGs. Pika has scary gimps lol :p
33: Seagull - GGs

Top Bottom