• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THC2 -- Tournament Hosted Crudely (Gilbert, ARIZONA)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
THC2 -- Tournament Hosted Crudely!
(the tournament wasn't officially announced until like, 5 days before it actually happened)

Singles

1: Wright ($25.00)
2: Tai ($25.00)
3: Rubyiris ($5.00)
4: OkamiBW
5: Captain Falcoty
6: Coreygames
7: John
8: Max
9: Dark Shifter
10: Stuff
11: Zav

[collapse="View Round Robin"]
[/collapse]

Doubles

1: Run it Back (Taj and Wobbles) ($35.00)
2: Chipotle (Tai and Captain Falcoty) ($15.00)
3: Bird People (Rubyiris and Coreygames)
4: Team Summertime Mood (Dark Shifter and John)
5: SNSD (OkamiBW and Max)

[collapse="View Round Robin"]
[/collapse]

Corigames

Smash Hero
WOOT! SHOUTOUTS! There were soooo many people, it's going to be hard to remember who everyone was.
Wright - I got plumbed. Callin my ****. Fire balls. Cape. I'm not sure how, but we should play more... and you should commentate more.
Tai - Watch your sandbagging, I'm going to make you eat it one of these times ; ) I should have punched you sooner in that team match, I handed you that game. Merry Christmas. Also, 20% cooler.
Rubyiris - SSSAAAAALLLLLLTTTTTT. Our team needs more practice and your Falco needs less lamezers, or I need to ban FD instead of whatever I thought was more important XD
OkamiBW - Sheik is still my counter and you are still much better than me. There's so much potential for frustration, but you were way too happy and cheerful this tourney for me to ***** at all about it : P
Captain Falcoty - Stop waiting for me to spot dodge and then attacking me afterwards. It's so lame, you're suppose to attack me when I'm invincible, not when I'm vulnerable. Scrub. L2play. GG's, you're too good.
Coreygames - Train harder.
John - It was nice meeting you and I enjoyed our games! (Edit: Wiat, lol, did we play in Nov in pools? So long ago... maybe it wasn't you...)
Max - I felt really on spot in our games, it doesn't hurt that I've played Ruby's Fox and Falco a lot recently and have gotten better at the space animal match up.
Dark Shifter - I try to be safe against Sheik and I'm so lame against Jigs. Sorry if our games were annoying.
Stuff - Nice seeing you! I hope to see you newer people around more, especially at tournaments where we actually have, you know, an actual bracket.
Zav - Weegee no like Samus. It's rough for him, but you'll give me a run for my money after you get some more tech down.
Taj - Thanks for the commentary, advice, and demonstrations. I love Samus and your Samus is too cool. I'm gonna bring extender to competitive levels. Not a gimmick, but a tool... I just need more practice on humans instead of computers to keep from using it poorly. Also, to illustrate what I was explaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKbFwgUMrxY The first thing it shows is the comparison between regular and EG. When your schedule steadies, you should come over and play.
Ferrish - Sorry I didn't play you, I was watching Samus **** Tai. It was making me happy.
Dog - Such a good dog ^_^
Flagstaff, the rest of Tucson, SV - where were you guys ;_; Short notice? No johns.

oksas

oak-sauce
i uploaded most of my footage from yesterday, btw. not really sure how the naming conventions usually go and all that so i did what i thought worked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/oaksmash?feature=mhee

i quite enjoyed myself though. it was really nice to be able to smash in such a smaller and more personal environment.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Shoutouts, etc:

TaJ: I'm really glad we sat down and played a bunch of friendlies. I looked throughout my HDD and my games versus your Marth were nowhere to be found. Sorry, man.

Robbles: Thanks for all the friendlies. I had a lot of fun, even though you were only bringing your C game, and I was alternating between my B and A games. :(

Tai: I would have liked to get more friendlies in against you.

Rubyiris: Your B/C game needs work.

Robkami: I wanted to get more friendlies in against you as Marth. :(

Coty: Thanks for all the post-set friendlies. Sorry I didn't bring my A game against you for the third tournament in a row. Pretty hard to care/try when you've already met your goals. :(

Cori: Thanks for teaming with me.

John: I had a good time playing against you. I've seen you in passing, but never really got to chat/play with you before today. Good stuff. Your Ganon is super solid! Also, I played an asston of friendlies vs Wobbles, and I played my tournament set versus Coreygames on that TV. It would be super awesome if you could upload them. I KNOW I pushed record when I was there. :p

Max: You've got what it takes. Must be difficult making the transition from Starcraft; a quiet and respectable sport, to Smash; loud, vulgar, and in your face. Work on becoming more technically consistent, and of course, adjusting to a tournament setting.

Dark Shifter: Good stuff. Your Puff is pretty legit. Totally ****ing ***** my first stock on Yoshi's. :)

Stuff and Zav: Good games, guys. Sorry for putting it in the pooper. I saw that you two migrated in to your own secluded corner about 3/4ths of the way through the tournament. DON'T DO THIS! Make yourselves known! Chat with us! Smash with us!

Ferrish: Thanks for all the friendlies. We must have played nearly two hours' worth, god damn. XD

Dog: You're chill as ****. Stop eating my turkey bites.

oksas

oak-sauce
yep yep, your friendlies with wobbles and games with corey are the only ones really i haven't uploaded yet, so i'll do that tomorrow asap. i need to upload the wobbles games soon anyway since the filesize on that huge smashfest between you two is over 2 gigs 7_7 i've also got some friendlies with me and brokami that need to go up too.

thanks though. it's always great to play another Falco, even though i despise him. those lasers man, those lasers :(

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
Stuff and Zav: Good games, guys. Sorry for putting it in the pooper. I saw that you two migrated in to your own secluded corner about 3/4ths of the way through the tournament. DON'T DO THIS! Make yourselves known! Chat with us! Smash with us!
Haha, no worries! Getting ripped to shreds by your Falco was... necessary to becoming a better player. So don't apologize :p

And honestly, it mighta come across that Zav and I came together and were friends prior, but that isn't the case. We didn't know each other at the beginning of the day, and he ended up offering me a ride home. So maybe you fell under the wrong impression. We just played a lot of matches at that time because we're around the same skill level and I didn't want to play anybody wayyy better than me with my jank controller.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ah that's pretty legit. I definitely feel you on the desire to hang with people close to your skill. Its nice to be friends with, or on good terms with as many players of different skill levels as possible. Practice and experiment versus the low level players, learn from the high level players, and test it all vs your peers in your own level. :)

:phone:

MMZJSFMMX10MM

Smash Cadet
1: Wright ($25.00)
Always fun matches especially with the variety of characters.

2: Tai ($25.00)
The first match went better than the second...

3: Rubyiris ($5.00)
I seem to remembered being drilled into the ground and then flung off the top of the screen.

4: OkamiBW
Thanks for the experience.

5: Captain Falcoty
We had fun matches.

6: Coreygames
I thought I was doing event match 52.

7: John
Fun matches, hopefully we play again sometime.

8: Max
Brinstar and Pichu = fun match :)

9: Dark Shifter
Fun games, I will probably see you at the Brawl tournaments as well.

10: Stuff
I had the funnest time playing with you. The matches were less serious and there was more of a variety of characters to play against. We shall play again sometime.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, I'm sick and left my external HDD at my dorm. don't expect the rest of the uploads until at least next week. :\

Top Bottom