• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly III ft. WRETCHED

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tournament Thread

Doubles:

1: Strong Bad & Zantetsu (Strong Bad & Zantetsu) ($42.00)
2: Cookie King (Cookiemonsta & King Siegfried) ($21.00)
3: That Ain't Falco (Wretched & Terrence) ($7.00)
4: Beauty and the Beast (Terral & Gaston)
5: Sean & Mike (Sean & Mike)
5: Rolo & Sace (Rolo & Sace)
7: Thrive (Toga & Goat)

Bracket Image

Singles:

1: Strong Bad ($42.00) :dkmelee:
2: Cookiemonsta ($21.00) :falconmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee:
3: Big E ($7.00) :sheikmelee:
4: King Siegfried (Entry fee back) :peachmelee:
5: Zantetsu :foxmelee::falcomelee:
5: Terrence :sheikmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee:
7: Goat :foxmelee:
7: Gaston :luigimelee:
9: Toga :falconmelee:
9: Tempest :peachmelee:
9: Terral :pikachumelee:
9: Rolo :samusmelee::luigimelee:
13: Mike :falcomelee:
13: Sace ?

Bracket Image

There ended up not being enough interest for Brawl to be worth running.

Lost and Found

I have a light brown American Eagle coat that was left at the venue. If it's yours please claim it; I'll see what I can do to get it back to you.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Shoutouts:
Strong Bad - Good job hosting, even if we didn't get crews. I suppose you did a good job winning, too.

Cookiemonsta - Great job in tournament, and that money match was awesome. I'm challenging you to another one the next time we meet.

Big E - I think you were the one who I couldn't beat with my alts in friendlies who was talking to someone else about how Sheik is too good, but I'm not sure. Good stuff regardless.

King Siegfried - I really wanted to money match you. I hate your Peach.

Zantetsu - I don't think I remember you? Good job getting fifth, though.

Terrence - You should use Fox against me instead of Sheik. I hate Sheik.

Gaston - Doubles was a lot of fun. I think we could have done much better if we'd gotten some doubles practice in before the tournament, considering how well we did having met that day and using mid-tiers. Also, I didn't know our team name until just now. Too good.

Toga - I played you twice in bracket, but somehow have no idea what character you used or which one of your group you are. I'm usually pretty bad with names, sorry. I'm pretty sure you were either Fox or Falco in doubles, but that doesn't narrow it down much. I think I remember you using Marth in singles. Anyway, good stuff.

Tempest - I don't even remember the last time we played. I need to go to one of those things where people get together and play Smash Bros.

Terral - Stupid yellow rat.

Wretched - Dat Falco.

Rolo - Our pool was insanely brutal.

Mike - Fun friendlies, and I think I overheard that you play Brawl? Hopefully next time there's a Brawl bracket we can play in that, too. I was actually a bit worried there would be Brawl at this tournament and I'd have to represent Springfield alone.

Sean - Fun friendlies, and good stuff repping mid/low-tier. I try to stick with mid/low, but it's just so tempting to occasionally use General C-Stick or the Flying Spike. It spoils me when I go back to Pikachu or Link and have to actually work for a KO.

Guy who has commented on my shirt both times we've met - good stuff, sorry I don't remember your tag. The similar haircuts throw me off. We should talk music sometime.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:
Strong Bad - Good job hosting, even if we didn't get crews. I suppose you did a good job winning, too.

Cookiemonsta - Great job in tournament, and that money match was awesome. I'm challenging you to another one the next time we meet.
Yea StrongHACK did an excellent job winning lol.

And yes that money match was indeed very fun. By the way, I think Toga played Captain and Goat played Fox.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How much do you have to pay for the venue, Strong Bad?
It depends on the date. Usually ranges between $30-40; I usually have to cover some of it myself after waiving some venue fees. I think I only got ~$30 from venue fees this time and it was $35ish. S'all good.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
But I waived 6 venue fees + didn't charge Emerson because he helped set up.
and I also don't charge myself venue fee because... that'd defeat the purpose of raising $ for me to pay for the venue <_<

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Maybe in the future you could count the entrants and average out a venue fee so that you could cover it?
I dunno. Seems like it would ensure that nothing comes out of your pocket. But then again, you won $63 >.>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Eh. I don't mind it coming out of my pocket since I usually get top 3 in one of the events. I don't play the game to make money; I like hosting the events for you guys =)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol you guys are so fake sometimes
Lose with main, switch to Falco, still lose
*****es I use Donkey Kong and win wtf? have faith in your character
<3

Zantetsu

Smash Master
lol you guys are so fake sometimes
Lose with main, switch to Falco, still lose
*****es I use Donkey Kong and win wtf? have faith in your character
<3
This is obviously directed towards me. I've seen you switch from DK to Fox many times after you've lost, so I don't see how that makes me anymore fake than you. Besides, I've considered picking up Falco as a secondary anyway because I feel more comfortable as Falco during high amounts of pressure then I do as Fox.

Anyway, I owe shoutouts:

Strong Bad: Tournament went well. The only suggestion I have is to not worry about recording so many matches and focus more on getting the tournament done as fast as possible. Recording matches is great and all, but for a small monthly like this, I believe only the grand finals is the only thing that "must" be recorded. Anything else should just be an option. If there's open set ups, let people play their matches on them so we can get done asap. Other than that, the tournament was enjoyable and it was nice teaming with you.

Cookiemonsta: I enjoyed our set. I feel like if I had a little more Falco practice (both against and as Falco), I would have had it, but it was fun either way. I hope to see you at the next Pathways as well.

Big E: I don't know what the hell happened during our set. I noticed my tech roll problem on our first match, and no matter how hard I tried to focus on fixing it, I couldn't. I'm also not sure why I went Falco on you either, but I felt like attempting to spam my way to victory, which obviously didn't work. You deserved the win, no doubt about it, but if we meet in bracket again, I can promise you that I won't be as ****ty as I was during this set.

King Siegfried: It was good seeing and playing you again. Your Peach is ridiculous and she always makes me rethink everything I do in fear of that down smash I always get caught up in. I look forward to our next meet, hopefully at Pathways?

Zantetsu: What are you still doing at smash tournaments? You're supposed to be attending Street Fighter tournaments by now..

Goat, Gaston, Toga, Rolo, Mike, Sace: I don't remember you all individually, but I do know you're part of the Poplar Bluff (if that's where you're from) crew. I didn't get to play most of you, but I'm glad you all got to come out. Sace, good stuff in pools. I remember you saying it was your first tournament, so keep going to them and you'll notice improvement, trust me. Gaston, or whoever the Luigi player was, surprised me. It was a very smooth Luigi and you were linking moves together that I haven't seen linked before. Keep it up, Luigi is great.

Springfield: Thanks for riding with me and helping out with gas. You all were great company.

Rolla: Your crew is very powerful and I hope you guys don't disappear like Columbia. You all are very cool people to hang with and great practice to train against. I hope to see you all at Pathways.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Terrence did it too, Zantetsu. Karl did it against me but then again he actually mains Falco so it's K. And yeah I guess I shouldn't worry so much about recording sets. Next time should be bettar.
I used Fox at that one Pathways but have gone all DK ever since. :p

Top Bottom