• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batou's Monthly 7 (Metaknight banned) Powered by Evolution Gamez

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou's Monthly 7

Another brawl tournament by NeoBatou.
Big shoutouts to everyone to making this possible and the past tournaments possible as well.
Every tournament we're putting DFW Back on the map.

This time things will be completely different.

Schedule

First off here is the address again:

6212 Mccart Ave
Fort Worth, TX

Signups will begin at 1:00PM

Signups WILL close at 1:30PM just to make sure we can get most people in.
If your not here by 1:30PM or if you haven't called in advance to make arrangements, you will not be entered into the tournaments. I don't care who you are, I can only be generous for so long.

Doubles will begin at 1:45 to get things rolling.

Singles will start shortly afterwards.

General Rules/Store Policies

The tournament organizer is NeoBatou, however Denti will also be helping with things as well. I now have a few more added rules.

1. Do not give your money to anyone but me. When you first come in, you will chill for a while and I"ll ask everyone to wait outside in a line. You will first give your venue fee to the employees at Evolution Gamez then you will follow that line to my tournament area where you will hand your money to me to get signed up. Realize that I am not an ATM, so people who have change will sign up first. So to make sure your good to go, come in with change ahead of time.

2. I"m gonna ask that only Denti/Sync/Xyro or any knowledgeable TO to help me with seeding.

3. If you are out of state or our of town and you need housing, consult with Denti, Infinity or make a post on the tournament thread so we can get you housing. We love our Houston, San Angelo, Austin and any other players not in the DFW too, so make sure you get with us so we can make your stay that much more enjoyable.

4. Please bring set ups...especially setups that have the ability to record any match at any time length. This will enable us to record our matches for viewing pleasure online on youtube and Smash World Forums for critique. This will also help to make the tournament go more smoothly.

5. Bring your own controller. It'll make things better for everyone. Thanks for checking out the rules.

Payout/Tournament Fees

Store venue fee is a flat rate of $5 dollars. (No refund)

(NEW) Brawl singles entry fee is $10 a player (No refund)

Brawl doubles entry fee is $5 PER PLAYER (No refund)

When I make the bracket, there will be no refunds (only in extreme cases) so please make sure you are able to play.

Bringing in your own setup will not affect/waiver this fee, but it would be helpful.

Singles:
1-39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 -79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Links

-My facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415471004

-Evolution Games http://www.wix.com/evogamez/evolution#!

- IMPORTANT: If you need to personally ask me anything here is my number
817-707-1698

Labernash

Smash Lord
Can't make this one. Hope these keep getting more hype and more hype!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Yeah I think that will make their visit that much more worth it.

A bigger payout for those who really pull those upsets...

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I've posted it on the Houston/San Antonio/Arizona boards...

I'm also going to print some flyers and go around my old high school and some colleges to get a bigger turnout.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I might go to these. Just looked on google maps, apparantly its an hour and 10 minutes away, unless my parents are really picky then Ill be fine. Ill bring my capture card, and a mod for tournaments. :D

D

Deleted member

lol, if he aint coming he isnt coming. oh and uhh... noob question, how can you get a venue to let you use the place for a smash tournament? is there an area you can just find free times for you to use it or something? I want to learn how to make one/start one

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Go find a good looking venue, ask if they would be intrested in doing a super smash bros. tournament.
Go through the motions, offer them money, hope it works out.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
lol, if he aint coming he isnt coming. oh and uhh... noob question, how can you get a venue to let you use the place for a smash tournament? is there an area you can just find free times for you to use it or something? I want to learn how to make one/start one
Holding a tournament is a lot of work and stress. If one thing goes wrong the whole tournament will fall apart. Like what if you don't have enough change to enter people with 20$ bills. What if you don't have enough set ups. What is the computer with the bracket crashes. What is somebody steals the prize money? Things like that.. I'm going to be honest, it isn't much fun to hold a tournament. I don't recommend it to anyone who's looking to have a fun time. It's work.

But you can just ask your local game stores, or maybe you could find a venue and ask. That's how everybody does it.

D

Deleted member

Holding a tournament is a lot of work and stress. If one thing goes wrong the whole tournament will fall apart. Like what if you don't have enough change to enter people with 20$ bills. What if you don't have enough set ups. What is the computer with the bracket crashes. What is somebody steals the prize money? Things like that.. I'm going to be honest, it isn't much fun to hold a tournament. I don't recommend it to anyone who's looking to have a fun time. It's work.

But you can just ask your local game stores, or maybe you could find a venue and ask. That's how everybody does it.
o_o' uhh... jeez. I didn't think people would stoop low enough to actually steal money, or have so much horrible luck that your computer crashes, or NO ONE brings set ups, or change, etc. I mean god, ive went to tournaments with only like 3 tvs and it went fine. it was only brawl, not like melee and 64 but still, id imagine its not that that stressful. I mean sure, hell i just went to your venue at FX games but srs. Its that bad?! I have a local FX games around my area and they have 2/3 tvs on the wall, and other people could bring set ups. I guess ill just have to look around for areas to see if theres comfertable and close by venues. oh hey, do you think emailing or calling the companies about it would be better than going irl, because im to lazy.

Oh and uh, like I said im bringing my capture card but I plan on recording most of my own matches and anybody who wants theirs recorded. want to make a combo video/Highlight video for this tournament...and well UTA but thats aside. anybody with me xD?

Denti

Smash Master
@ Zacattack

I would always ask in person. But that's just me. And sorry for making tournament hosting sound like a terrible idea. I just have to say, from experience, things happen that you don't want to.

@ alsm

I want APEX rules but a 10 min timer and a 60 LGL. Maybe I'll bring back the 5 neutral strike list.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Japanese ruleset is like Melee now. It's stupid really. Also, the wonderful Japanese want to BAN MK too. Nietono himself said he's way too overpowered and near impossible to beat at top level. Honestly, all the bandwagoners on it really don't understand that the Japanese ruleset will KILL this game even faster. Quite frankly, the main advocates of the Japanese rulesets are players who will benefit from it: ICs, Olimar, Diddy, Falco and anti-ban ex-MK mains.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Japanese ruleset is like Melee now. It's stupid really. Also, the wonderful Japanese want to BAN MK too. Nietono himself said he's way too overpowered and near impossible to beat at top level. Honestly, all the bandwagoners on it really don't understand that the Japanese ruleset will KILL this game even faster. Quite frankly, the main advocates of the Japanese rulesets are players who will benefit from it: ICs, Olimar, Diddy, Falco and anti-ban ex-MK mains.

Sounds like Nietono needs to step his game up. Japanese ruleset is fine, that's just a matter of opinion. If you think about it, the more the stage selection is close to being neutral as possible, the more the most viable characters will most accurately be portrayed. Some people like to complain about FD, how it gives certain characters advantages, but the way I see it, it really shows how character traits truly stack up against each other. FD doesn't give any advantage or disadvantage. It's a flat stage that two characters can pit their tools against each other, fair and square.

Denti

Smash Master

Who else from Japan said MK needs to be banned? I'm open for hearing both sides. I was under the impression only usa wants him banned

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Also Sync, please explain in detail how the Japanese ruleset will "KILL" this game?

I get the impression you just don't like the Japanese ruleset. I suggest you try it out before making any judgements.

Top Bottom