• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE April 7th-8th HOUSING/HOTEL Arrangements

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Official NYTE Housing/Hotel thread

Post here if you'd like to ask for housing or if you are able to house anyone!

If there are people who are making hotel arrangements, let me know so I can put it in this opening post. That way anyone without housing can stay with other smashers or split costs or whatnot.

Housing

OkamiBW's apartment
1. Eikelmann (Let me know if anything changes)
2. Sliraobe God
3. tekkie
4. Tarmagoyf
5. Dekar173
6. MaizE
Accomodations: 2-seat Couch, Armchair, Floorspace, shower (bring your own towel, soap, and shampoo)
I can drive up to 4 other people in my car.
*If you don't mind limiting floor space.

OKSASOGLU's house
1. Baka4moe
2. Commonyoshi
3. Stabbedbyanipple (Matt) :falcomelee:
4. Morino
5. Ben
6. Ben's girlfriend

Herro94's house

Silly Kyle's house
1) TommyDerMeister
2) Andrew Tai
3) Falcoty
4) Corigames
5) Ch3s
6) Wobbles

Hotels

Here is a link to the tournament thread: NYTE Southwest Tournament

tekkie

Smash Master
New Mexico is going to be looking for housing.

I'm posting about it now. Everyone else from NM will post about it a week and a half before the tournament :shiro:

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I can house you all
I nominate Mr. Rob Schueller for TIME Magazine's Person of the Year. Thanks again :awesome:

Please excuse my scrubby friend tekkie for not knowing anything - first of all, the word "probably" next to my name is unnecessary. I am most definitely 100% confirmed, unlike him. There's no way I could pass up the long-awaited sequel to our bromance sessions at GENESIS2. Secondly, you don't need to worry about the spots in your car, I'm already driving mine (5 seats, including myself). Thirdly, he didn't even give you the right names:

(1) Eikelmann (Ian)
(2) Sliraobe God (Neil G.)
your soulmate
(3) tekkie (Niall)
(4) Tarmagoyf (Walker)
(5) Napos (Victor)

#3-5 don't matter as much because they play brawl :O Other people are coming from NM, and I'm not sure what their housing situation is, but as far as I know, they're not riding with us. Like Dekar173 (Casey), the twins (Kyle and David), Light (Brad) (?), and Lewis (?).

Ian, there's still a chance that you could road trip with us. Did you buy your plane ticket to Tucson directly already or something?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
For some reason flying to Alb is stupid expensive LOL.

Sorry Rob, I live at a dorm, and at my grandparents house. Housing is out of the question. In fact, I still need to figure out rides. My mom works that Saturday, so I don't have use of her car. I can possibly help people out with rides Sunday, assuming they're able to compensate for gas. :3

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
can we have a really big melee+brawl fest at 4 PM on Thursday? That is when I arrive, and it is to Phoenix airport.

Also, i rly need to test a lot of controllers, cuz i need something to use/borrow for the tourney, or to buy

i'll be entering every event, singles and teams for any/everything!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
can we have a really big melee+brawl fest at 4 PM on Thursday? That is when I arrive, and it is to Phoenix airport.

Also, i rly need to test a lot of controllers, cuz i need something to use/borrow for the tourney, or to buy

i'll be entering every event, singles and teams for any/everything!
Phoenix should host a thing on Thursday, and we can have a good sized one in Tucson on Friday. :)
(I only have 2 morning classes and then I'm free on Fri's)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
hey can you guys have a mini tourney on Friday? Melee singles/doubles, Brawl singles/doubles, and 64?

this'll prolly be my only visit to AZ this year (maybe ever?) so I really hope to see a lot of people there and entering

most importantly tho, i really hope someone has a good controller to donate/sell to me XD

that's like, really really really really important to me

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Calling it. Pre-NYTE Tournament held at the UofA on Friday (April 6th) night. Since it is on Good Friday, you should call it:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo. There will be another 5 of us coming from NM that will also need housing somewhere if possible. We are clean freaks and 2 of them are long time AZ smashers (Light and SamTheGlide!!!) :D

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Me and three other players are carpooling from SoCal:

Likewise (myself; Adam)
Scott Pilgrim (Ben)
Jocelyn Murillo (Ben's girlfriend)
Stabbedbyanipple (Matt)

We would appreciate housing.

We do not expect it, however, and are planning for a hotel. Alternatively, if any other smashers are planning to book a hotel and would like to cut costs by combining into a room, we are open to that.

On one condition, however: that we get to bed at a decent time and don't stay up all night playing smash.

oksas

oak-sauce
yo. i'm a tucson smasher and here's the deal. i'm on campus and live in a dorm with a room mate in a very small room, so housing there is extremely unlikely (because space is limited, and my roommate is probably not welcome to the idea of strangers in our room).

*however*, my parents house is 15 minutes away from campus, and large enough to fit probably 4 of you. so, ideally, myself and a few others could stay at my place, and if we did so then i would have a car (with 7 seats) to drive all of us around.

i would still need to check with my parents, but it really shouldn't be a problem. 4 of you is probably ideal, but 5 could be done too certainly.

mind you my parents house is about 25 minutes away from the venue but... free housing.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
yo. i'm a tucson smasher and here's the deal. i'm on campus and live in a dorm with a room mate in a very small room, so housing there is extremely unlikely (because space is limited, and my roommate is probably not welcome to the idea of strangers in our room).

*however*, my parents house is 15 minutes away from campus, and large enough to fit probably 4 of you. so, ideally, myself and a few others could stay at my place, and if we did so then i would have a car (with 7 seats) to drive all of us around.

i would still need to check with my parents, but it really shouldn't be a problem. 4 of you is probably ideal, but 5 could be done too certainly.

mind you my parents house is about 25 minutes away from the venue but... free housing.
I'm going to put you on the first post. If for some reason you guys can't drive, I'll drive to campus or your house or wherever and pick you all up.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings

omg!!!!

Can you house 4 of us that are carpooling from Southern California?

We definitely have manners and respect and are easy-going people.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Can I be the 5th person? :awesome:

I'm flying in from San Diego arriving at the Tucson airport.

I'd hate to spend even more for a hotel after the flight ticket : (

oksas

oak-sauce
@Morino: certainly, my friend. will you also be needing a ride from the airport? because i may or may not be able to do that for ye

so that's 4 of you in the SoCal car, plus Morino, and i've got one more friend who will likely be staying with us. plus myself. that makes seven of us! which is probably about what i should cap it at. the car is also a 7 seater anyway

i have a bedroom with a bed and a couch, a guest bedroom with a bed, a game room with a couch, living room with another couch big enough for two, plus floor space in any of those rooms. everyone should have something comfy to sleep on, at least.

i'm not really worried about manners, so long as everyone can aim in the toilet i guess. smashers seem like good folk though, i welcome you with open arms

so hyped :pika:

ps rob you can modify the first post, as my ability to house everyone is now confirmed.

Morin0

Smash Lord
@Morino: certainly, my friend. will you also be needing a ride from the airport? because i may or may not be able to do that for ye
Yeah, I'd most likely need a ride. Do you think if I came over a day before the tournament you'd be able to? My flight is only like 2-3 hours I think. If not, do you know if there's public transportation from the airport?

I'd also need a ride back to the airport after the tournament.

:X

oksas

oak-sauce
yeah, i think i should be able to do that. you mean on friday correct?

when are you other socal guys arriving?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'd most likely need a ride. Do you think if I came over a day before the tournament you'd be able to? My flight is only like 2-3 hours I think. If not, do you know if there's public transportation from the airport?

I'd also need a ride back to the airport after the tournament.

:X
San Diego to Tucson is only an hour and 10 minutes. I do that flight all the time. :)

MaizE, if you don't mind being cramped, you're welcome to stay at my place.

Morin0

Smash Lord
San Diego to Tucson is only an hour and 10 minutes. I do that flight all the time. :)

MaizE, if you don't mind being cramped, you're welcome to stay at my place.
My flight has one stop. So it goes from San Diego to Phoenix and then Tucson. But after a bit of more researching, I now have a nonstop flight for around the same and it's indeed 1 hour and 10 minutes. Thanks :)

Top Bottom