• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Iron Brawl 3 Results

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The Iron Brawl III - Tuscaloosa, AL - March 3, 2012

Good turnout. Thanks to everyone for coming out!
Tournament Videos Here

Smash 64 Singles Results:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Da Bomb ($13.20)
2. WumpusKing ($6.60)
3. Reflex ($2.20)
4. Ryker
5 JMIX
5. George
7. Ragnarok
7. Cheap
9. M3t
9. Wafe
9. Anomaly

Melee Singles Results:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Ragnarok
2. Cheap
3. Ryker
4. Anomaly
5. JMIX
5. George
7. M3t
7. Mikey
9. Duchock
9. Da Bomb
9. Guapo
9. Overdose
13. Wafe
13. Wumpus King

Brawl Doubles Results:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Secret Companions (Reflex and Micaelis) $48
2. Booty (DRN and BigLou) $24
3. Spade's Second Choice (Spade and Cam) $8
4. Team Killuminati (George and Ragnarok)
5. Lupton Iced Tea (Deptford Goth and T1J)
5. Mysogeny in the Fighting Game Community (M3t and Ryker)
7. Make One Up (Cheap and Duchock)
7. Ramrod (Aries and Guapo)

Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket (for those who didn't make it out of pools):
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Pops :dedede: :sheik: ($8)
2. Blue :wolf:
3. Shark :ike:
4. Duchock :ness2:
5. Aries :ness2: :wolf:
5. TY :falco:
7. Guapo :gw: :pikachu2:
7. Saturn :rob:

Brawl Singles Results:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Reflex :warioc: :pt: ($125)
2. BigLou :diddy: :luigi2: ($60)
3. Player-1 :diddy: ($25)
4. Micaelis ($10) :warioc:
5. Ragnarok :diddy: :popo: :snake:
5. Spade :marth: :toonlink:
7. Cam :pikachu2:
7. M3t :gw:
9. Deptford Goth :dedede:
9. George :kirby2::samus2::wolf:
9. Ingulit :diddy:
9. JMIX :mario2::luigi2:
13. Ryker :falco:
13. T1J :snake: :zerosuitsamus:
13. Moth :marth:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Thank you to everyone who made it! It was great to see everybody and I'll leave shoutouts a little later today. Look for us again when the Iron Brawl IV rolls around!

:phone:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i won a pools set with ZSS if that counts for anything. I also went Pit once against Reflex, but I lost so iono

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm pretty happy with how I played at this tournament. I think taking a break from Snake helped me come back and see him from a fresh perspective. And I guess all that wifi has actually helped too huh.
shouts
Reflex - I'm sure you weren't playing your hardest in our match lol but Im surprised at how well I did, especially considering the fact that I think you 3 stocked me twice last time we played. But thats partially because I didn't go snake against your PT because I dunno Squirtle wrecks me. I felt Pit would be better. I need more Wario practice, you and Micaelis do stuff with Wario that doesn't even seem like it should be possible.

BigLou - good seeing you, sucks that you wont be going to tournaments anymore. you too cool for smash, bro? hopefully you'll still come out to some tournaments just to hang out. I thought you were gonna take this tournament yo what happened?

Micaelis - Just like with Reflex you do weird Wario stuff that I dont even expect. You seem like you have such a good notion of your character. I'm slowly catching up to you guys, I'm pretty content with how I did against you in pools. Good seeing you as always.

Ragnarok - cool guy. I always mean to get some friendlies in with you but i never get around to it. We got to beat these GA dudes man. Good **** in melee as always.

Spade - Our matches were the most intense of the night for me. You are like #1 on my hitlist right now lol. That Marth is tough, but we'l see what happens when I can avoid getting gimped and or self-destructed lol ;)

Deptford Goth - Thanks for teaming with me, we did pretty well. You gotta try not to get frustrated, it makes you play worse. Just keep practicing and watching videos, and anytime you want to come over and play just hit me up. I'll try to learn pikachu and falco so you can get some practice against those characters lol.

George - You're another person I've been trying to beat for years. I haven't beat you in tournament since like 2008. Apparently I'm going to have to learn the Wolf matchup. I've never played a good Wolf, I'm just used to bad wifi wolfs

Guapo - good matches. Just try to mix up your approaches. you literally short hopped aerial every single time, and all I had to do with ZSS was to pivot grab. You also Dair, everytime you're above me, just try mixing it up so I can't predict what you're going to do. I think you probably should have stuck with G&W instead of Falco though. You seem to know the charcter more.

Blue - Pretty good Wolf. I should have referred you to George on help with the Snake match up. He handled me pretty well. Definitely mix up your responses to D-throw. I think you realized that you were going get up attack by habit. But that's how you get better is by getting punished by something over and over again. Be more patient, mostly I just was waiting for you to do stuff and punishing you for it.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Blue - Pretty good Wolf. I should have referred you to George on help with the Snake match up. He handled me pretty well. Definitely mix up your responses to D-throw. I think you realized that you were going get up attack by habit. But that's how you get better is by getting punished by something over and over again. Be more patient, mostly I just was waiting for you to do stuff and punishing you for it.
It's why I go to these tournaments not just for fun but get better experience with different characters/play styles. Since I have improved so much since the beginning of season 1 and I think by the end of season 2 I will get more people to run for there money. And your right being punished for old habits is the only way to learn.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Ingulit: Good job running the tournament. We started off a little late, and we had a few runins with "the Man," but overall things went pretty well. We finished, and that's always an accomplishment. Also, close games in the bracket.

Saturn: Like the new name. Someone else in AL needs to pick up Pikachu and give everyone north of Bham some practice. He's weird to fight against. It's not fair because I have a lot of ROB practice thanks to iPuff.

Blue: Grand Finals of the amateur bracket! Now you've got some videos online and you can get some critique on the Wolf boards. Also, Queen made my week on the ride back.

Shark: You and Blue both made it so far in the amateur bracket. I'm so proud. Like I said, even Ingulit commented that you had a lot of potential as a player.

Reflex: Always got to make grand finals dramatic, don't you? Thanks for singing louder than me in the car so no one realized how badly I was singing.

TY: Good games. We'll have to play more when I come back to Huntsville. I hope you didn't have too much trouble driving back so late.

Spade: Thanks for teaming with me bro. We ****ed up some people in teams, even if Loser's finals wasn't as close as we had hoped. Also, thanks for always taking care of the sd cards.

Pops: Good stuff in the amateur bracket, not losing a single match and all. I still think it sucks you didn't beat JMIX (no offense Justin). As soon as I saw him jump at the end, I knew he was going balls deep with that Luigi upB. He did the same thing to me at the last Iron Brawl, and I was beating my head against the wall for an hour.

Ryker: Thanks for taking the drinks back with you. I want to get more friendlies with you at the next tournament.

M3t: Yes, there you are wreaking all kinds of havoc. 7th place? You aren't allowed to tie with me. Game and Watch is a BAD character! Stop proving me wrong!

Ragnarok: Ice climbers...

Micaelis: Everytime I play you in tournament, I think to myself "yeah, I've got him this time." Damn, good matches man. Sorry you couldn't find housing.

BigLou: Wow. Even when I play against Hunter, I at least make some kind of showing. You just wrecked my soul with those z-drops to fsmashes.

4GOD: Sleep in the car next time.

T1J: Didn't really see you much at this tournament. Thanks for taking over the timestamp program for a little while during my match with Ingulit.

Deptford Goth: First of all, I like the new name. Idk why... I just do. Pikachu is really good, broken in some areas, but he definitely has some weaknesses. The problem is that it's hard to prepare when very few people in AL play Pikachu. Meanwhile, I play Reflex like every other week and know the Wario matchup pretty well now. You are always welcome to join us in Auburn for a smash night. You may find that you learn the MU faster than you thought. Also, good job beating Ryker; that matchup is not easy for D3.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
finally biglou you used luigi. That sucks if you can't play anymore :(. Me and Thunderstorm will try our best to fill in your Luigi shoes on the EC. :3 :luigi:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm not going to make shoutout for anyone because I can't make them for everyone, there are negative things I would want to say but shouldn't. If that makes sense.

I used Sheik in Amateur bracket against Blue. It was only one game, but the threat of Sheik was significant because it cut off the otherwise effective strategy of counterpicking Brinstar throughout winner's finals.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
TY: Good games. We'll have to play more when I come back to Huntsville. I hope you didn't have too much trouble driving back so late.
Yeah forsure we have to play some more. I really want to learn that matchup... And nah late night driving isn't really a problem for me.

And Ingulit, thanks so much for running the tournament! I had a blast getting to play with everybody, and I feel that I've improved. I'm also happy that I got some replays of myself so now I can analyze in detail what I need to do more and less of.

I can't wait for the rest of the ASL tournaments!

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yo guys I had a lot of fun at this tournament!

Big shoutouts to Ingulit for running a great event.

George: close matches lots of fun. I'm gonna try to start playing on SRL really soon, so we need to race.

Reflex: Fun matches. I respect your play so much that, even if it was PS2, I'm proud of my win against you. Gratz on the $2.20 in 64.

Pops: good **** beating me in pools. I feel like I had it in my hands a few times, but it's all on you for clutching out the W. I love your multi-character play style it leads to some serious mind games on stage choices (lol at Ryker CPing you to Brinstar).

Spade: This is the first tournament where we've ever run into each other in bracket. Fun matches! I was really rooting for you against micaelis, you gotta stay focused and you'll get in that money next time.

JMIX: what can I say twice a tournament, every tournament. Our matches are the hypest I get playing brawl. Your Luigi play keeps me so honest. You took me out of Melee and 64 as well so I guess this legendary rivalry is destined to play out constantly.

Cam: <3

Aries/JTMerril: I can see your improvement even from Bulldog Brawl. I hope you keep working on your game, especially that fox, i see a lot of potential there. Work on staying patient and read up on the matchup threads and you'll get to the next level.

Blue & Shark: I wish I had had a chance to watch more of your matches. Grats on dominating the Amateur tourney. Keep repping AU! Thanks Blue for keeping me hype for that Wii U.

Rag: you know you can step it up. This tournament you fell one short of the money, but I'm confident those Georgia guys will be your fodder soon.

Ryker: We blew it in doubles. Our rise to the top has hit a speed bump, but we'll have to focus on better fundamentals next time. Either way it was a great trip overall, and we managed to clutch out that stretched dollar!

Je1813: Yo, thanks for coming out to support Ryker and I <3

Moth: I'm glad you are having fun and learning the game. You have a lot of potential so keep patient and you'll start getting those hard reads.

Georgia Crew: This is the first tournament in a while that I haven't had a chance to really hang with any of y'all. That's gotta be corrected, as you guys are the hypest crew in smash!

The Haters who gave the Mobile Crew stares when we support each other: Keep hating :p

Everybody: Hope you enjoyed the stream. I'll work on improving it and try to set it up at every event with network.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im glad mobile has such a tight knit crew its really cool to see that kind of support people have for each other no other area crew has that kind of heart, so keep it up.
ill do shoutouts later.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Might do shoutouts later, but for now I'm just gonna say I spent more time in SNES zone than with smash. So thanks to George for the sick game collection! You gotta bring that to more tournaments dude. The turtles fighting game was the most legit thing I've ever seen.

:edit: Also, we(bham) need to get together and practice! I dunno about you guys but I don't have anyone to play with except at these tournaments. Let's start rockin.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think that's what they're asking for, though. Luigi is really good in Doubles.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Awww snap, official uploading to youtube videos of Duchock.

HYPE SON.

...that's what normal people say, right? I want to fit in and be normal.

Edit: For the time being, please ignore the one match of me vs. pops that's up where I make the mistake of picking the worst possible stages.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh if you guys upload videos of me you can upload them under shaSLAM

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also i didnt use wario to win any important matches.
i used him and lost some close sets, but thats about it though. i actually dont remember winning against anyone with him.
but if that counts for character usage then i think tink should be by my name too then : )

popsofctown

Smash Champion
also i didnt use wario to win any important matches.
i used him and lost some close sets, but thats about it though. i actually dont remember winning against anyone with him.
but if that counts for character usage then i think tink should be by my name too then : )
As I posted earlier, I think you should list a character if your capability with him or her influenced the stage/character counterpick system in a way that helped you win. That's kind of a subjective thing but yeah.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Teh Shoutouts (late but w/e, had tons of school stuff [i.e. 5 tests within a week])

This tournament was great. Very well run (props to Ingulit/Cam/Saturn/others), and overall I love this venue. Sleep johns. I feel like I played on autopilot for a good portion of this tournament, and could have done a lot better against the people I lost to. However, I didn't expect to beat any of the people I lost to so I can't complain there :D

DRN: It was really fun talking to you at this tournament. You are a really cool guy. I thought you were just some random good ZSS main (do you even technically main her?), but you are actually as cool as Reflex/Kismet in my book haha. Thanks for helping me out with the Wario matchup, and I hope you get to see me play it better next time.

Reflex: Samus dittos tha best. I actually felt like I played better in those matches than most of my others. I really enjoyed friendlies, and we should play more of 'em next tourney (Resist if I'm able to go). I did beat you in a friendly or two so my prophecy did come true (partially). :D

BigLou: GGs, dude. I enjoyed our set, and I always enjoy playing against Diddy so I can't complain about losing. One day I will learn the Diddy matchup. One day haha.

Player-1: You are a cool kid. I didn't get to see any of your matches but I always enjoy watching them. Good seeing you.

Micaelis: Those friendlies were fun, until all of my bad habits were quickly figured out by yourself haha. We really do have conflicting playstyles. For some reason you just know what I'm going to do. I've been in your place before so I know how it is haha. Good games. I hope to do better against you next time, even if I don't beat you!

Ragnarok: It's always fun to see you at tourneys. Too bad we didn't get to play any friendlies, IIRC. Maybe next time?

Spade: Get more sleep next time. Stop drifting towards people when you get hit. Stop jumping into the ****. Space yourself. Don't always approach. Don't airdodge/sidestep so much. Get a job. Don't be so hard on yourself (too late for that).

Cam: It's kind of nice to not have to play a set against each other for once, isn't it? You always help out a lot at tourneys, and that shows that you have a ****-ton of initiative. You are that guy who actually says he will do stuff....and DOES IT. Let's talk more next time.

M3t: Idk why, but I'm always afraid of GWs (amongst other characters). I hate PS2 haha. Fun games, and good seeing you. I will get your SD card to you as soon as I can (hopefully by tomorrow).

George: Samus dittos too fun. :]

Ingulit: I think you have this slight issue where you get nervous in tourney matches and don't play as well as you would usually, but that may just be a misunderstanding on my part. Nevertheless, GGs and great tourney. It's nice to actually SEE you, bro. Now come to more tourneys.

JMIX: You are such an awesome guy. Fun friendlies and GGs.

Ryker: Ok, you know what? You have to sit next to me at every tourney set I think there's a 30% or greater chance I will lose. Because I seriously play better with someone next to me. Even if just for moral support. Good to see you again. Oh, and you're getting better at the Marth matchup. ;]

T1J: Play me when I'm not tired. Jk (sorta lol), those matches were close and you did play well regardless.

Pops: You are a cool person, no matter how much I get mad at you or jock on your D3/style/music interests/personality/other stuff.

Blue: You are getting better. It's always fun to see you. Oh and thanks for helping keep ASL more organized :D

TY: Post your matches to the Falco boards if you haven't already. Actually take their advice. Don't be predictable. Oh and thanks for being a mature, safe, and friendly Smasher Transporter. :]

Guapo: Don't get personally offended by someone who wins or plays to win. I don't even know if you have a smashboards account and will read this (?), but seriously. People often play worse when they let their emotions take charge of their matches. I don't hate you, and I hope you will take this advice.

Saturn: It's always awesome to see you :D You guys did a great job of keeping everything running smoothly, and I swear every time I see you play you are way better than last time. Hope to see you soon.

Hope to see you ALL soon :D

Top Bottom