• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky: I suck vs Peach

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You combo her extremely well. You seem to know what you can and can't do to her. It seems like you tend to get ***** for shielding a fair amount.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Late uair is not safe against CC like it is on block.

I hate giving detailed advice tho. If you want to improve, learn to look at your own videos and find faults. Focus on refining. Work from the most glaring mistakes to the smallest details. People like PP and KK might only have to think about very marginal stuff but everyone has places to go. Find direction in your own game and go.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Lol Did falcons agree that they suck vs peach? I think Peach is one of the only high tier MU's in falcons favor.

Armada

Smash Lord
Just cause you have a MU in your favor dosen't mean you play it correctly.
Will try to look at your videos later Rocky and see if I can find something.

Me as a Falcon is limited but I know what Peach have a hard time against.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'm also terrible at the matchup. I played 2 sets last weekend and while I felt like I was outplaying my opponents I lost stocks to gimmicks or weird situations. Also, is stomp on shield safe if I pull back enough? I got grabbed trying it.
It seems like the reason you lost was because of minor technical mistakes. From what I've seen, any grab or significant hit from Peach can net her a good 50% or more easily. Plus, once you're offstage, you're pretty much dead, and 50% will probably put you offstage. You made minor mistakes against Kuja, but they cost you a stock almost every time. It looks like you just have to slow yourself down a bit and you'll destroy Peaches, cause your combos are beautiful and you were basically running circles around him the whole time.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea what to do about it, but just don't hit peach with any aerial or gentleman that isn't overshot or retreating (Lol retreating gentlemen?) under whatever percent it is she can crouch cancel. She will dsmash you and you will die. You do it a few times, and he nails you with the meatgrinder every time.

Also, don't autocancel your early uairs at lower percents. You do it against Kuja and he nairs you out of every one, usually when you're past him, sending you offstage.

Also I feel weird giving advice to people better than me. So tell me if I say stupid stuff.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Hey advice is always great to get when wanted no matter who it's from ^^

and you made some good points!

stelzig

Smash Lord
Hey Sweden, when will your forum come back? You just announced beauty4 and it was hype and ****, but then your forum went down and now it's been down for over a week. So sad :(

Sorry for off-topic... I'll upload your set with eagle tonight or tommorow, rocky :)

S l o X

Smash Champion
I don't like the idea of this being a peach 'compendium'. You should just make it your own peach critique thread.

The matchup isn't very hard, to be honest. Just think about the neutral game and what their main approaches are. (Dash attack as an anti-air and fair) Dash dancing just beat them out. Uair them in float, before they throw out fairs. don't approach with nairs unless she's REALLY high %. if you do, she's just going to cc dsmash / dtilt. watch out for hitting her shield, space out of her nair range. Don't shield.

Here's how the matchup will look after you learn it, even if you two are equally skilled. (I think the matchup is 55-45 though)

Scar

#HarveyDent
sorry for changing the thread title rocky, I'm creating guidelines for posting in this subforum now :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I feel better vs floating Peaches now, it's the dash attacking ones I still probably have problems with <_<

Nair seems to be pretty bad vs Peach though ... maybe I just wasn't spacing well enough but I kept getting hit between the legs and was having a way better time with Bair against the float

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah nair seems to suck really badly in this matchup.

All of peach's moves have high priority for some reason and I 've learned to never challenge her moves.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think you can challenge stuff with Bair because the hitbox is so beefy

I need to play some better Peaches though, sigh
Maybe when I have to play Wife in tournament again ... <_<

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Uair ***** floaties

Don't run into Falco moves when he's standing / walking

That's all I got :bee:

Top Bottom